Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Is there no limit to this guy's arrogance?

Probably not. However, there are limits to JP's PM mailbox, and she's exceeded them (hint).

Only 556 miles, Sto Lat? How long is that in MOO years, at current rate?

JP and I talk every other day. When she's not milking poisonous snakes at Clyde Peeling's Reptile Farm in Troy, PA, she spends a lot of time in a secret room in her basement shellacking the newspaper clippings so they "will last forever, as a testament to the long lastingness of eternity".

This is a very difficult time for her. I'm trying to help. Send a card, CScow, and keep it cheerful.

Hahaha! Like I could get all this fucking CLAY into my basement! Did you ever see Close Encounters? I'm tirelessly working on my mini-monument whilst watching CNN 24/7 for Weed updates. Must build. I don't think the 1000 Days goal of "The whole world will follow and understand the importance of this mission" has been quite met yet, but I'm ever hopeful.

PS CScow

I've got my git-box ready to go for our Hillbilly Duel ~ do I really need to worry about that broken 6th string? Nahhhhhhhh

PS Pip

WTF is Skype again?

PS CB

No heirlooms this year.

PS Somebody Else

Yep, lighten up. Stalkerish? Have you no respect for the concept of Cheep Entertainment?

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

More nonsense from the Cheesemonaut....

Day 1131 The Humble Mirror

Saturday, 29 May 2010

MAY 28 DAY 1131 I PUT ON OUR WELL REPAIRED BACK UP FORE SAIL & WE ARE NOW HOLDING A GOOD SLOW NW COURSE AGAINST A STIFF ENE WIND. YEARNING, YEARNING ALWAYS, BUT NOW I AM LIGHT AND THE HUMBLE MIRROR, REFLECTING LOVE, LOVE ALWAYS

This thread has become less funny and more creepy, stalkerish.

I have to believe that any planning by Sailing Anarchists to attend Reid's homecoming event is for amusement only, with no real plans on participating. Because, I mean, if you are planning on actually attending, participating or even disrupting the homecoming event, I have to ask, "Why?"

The only reason I can think of to attend would be to people-watch. There may be an interesting collection of mystics, seers, seekers, and space-cadets worth observing or photographing. Just not very interesting to me personally, though. I'd rather be sailing...

Someone HAS to go. Seriously! I contemplated "humping" my way up there but decided the odds of running into Reid were exceptionally high. His first anchorage is somewhat exposed and the holding is so so. But it is convenient for cruisers waiting to head to Maine or Cape May. Odds are good I'd stop in before running up to the 79th street boat basin for a mooring ball, but then I wouldn't want to untie and possibly lose the ball while out watching Reid come home. So I scrapped the idea.

I don't think anyone here will disrupt the event. BUT, there might be cops waiting on the dock! Note that Reids plan is to anchor in Sandy Hook and clear in there out of sight from the media. Given his history AND the status of his vessel country of origin stuff, I suspect he will get boarded when he clears in AND given that he has a permit for a floatilla, I'll bet the Coasties will want to see if all of his flares are up to date. I suspect everything is expired. So - some creative writing from the Coasties might be in order. I'm sure RD will drop a dime and make sure the Coasties are waiting for his arrival which he will do as a public service to fellow mariners who may be transiting the area when Reid comes home.

Go Reid!

Caught this on Larry King last night --

Did you watch the whole show, RD? Larry went on to preview a new movie coming out in a few weeks. Looked promising.

, man.

I threw up in the sink!!

Un-soundtrack-fucking believable.

I love you, man, and John says hi.

Is there no limit to this guy's arrogance?

Probably not. However, there are limits to JP's PM mailbox, and she's exceeded them (hint).

Only 556 miles, Sto Lat? How long is that in MOO years, at current rate?

JP and I talk every other day. When she's not milking poisonous snakes at Clyde Peeling's Reptile Farm in Troy, PA, she spends a lot of time in a secret room in her basement shellacking the newspaper clippings so they "will last forever, as a testament to the long lastingness of eternity".

This is a very difficult time for her. I'm trying to help. Send a card, CScow, and keep it cheerful.

Hahaha! Like I could get all this fucking CLAY into my basement! Did you ever see Close Encounters? I'm tirelessly working on my mini-monument whilst watching CNN 24/7 for Weed updates. Must build. I don't think the 1000 Days goal of "The whole world will follow and understand the importance of this mission" has been quite met yet, but I'm ever hopeful.

PS CScow

I've got my git-box ready to go for our Hillbilly Duel ~ do I really need to worry about that broken 6th string? Nahhhhhhhh

PS Pip

WTF is Skype again?

PS CB

No heirlooms this year.

PS Somebody Else

Yep, lighten up. Stalkerish? Have you no respect for the concept of Cheep Entertainment?

I have several. Did you empty your box yet? Your IM box that is.

Do you think Reid has working navigation lights?

We're transiting his area and it would be nice to avoid being anywhere near the Anne, especially if the Anne's running lights are kaput.

It is doubtful. However, if your crew on watch are careful... they should be able to spot the sacred purple cape in time to avoid the collision.

We're transiting his area and it would be nice to avoid being anywhere near the Anne, especially if the Anne's running lights are kaput.

It is doubtful. However, if your crew on watch are careful... they should be able to spot the sacred purple cape in time to avoid the collision.

Hmmm.... I've asked this question a few times. Does he have a radar reflector? Pelagicon, I hope your vessel has a VHAS system. Void Ho Avoidance System. BTW - what makes it "HIS AREA?"

I've been meaning to upgrade my electronics myself.

Hmmm.... I've asked this question a few times. Does he have a radar reflector? Pelagicon, I hope your vessel has a VHAS system. Void Ho Avoidance System. BTW - what makes it "HIS AREA?"

I've been meaning to upgrade my electronics myself.

the same thing that makes the corner with the 300# screaming naked guy his area, fear of proximity.

post-1557-127548698095_thumb.jpg

Great addition to the 1000daysofhell video archives, cscow. I especially like him burning rubber at the end of the tape! Maybe MC should recommend that once he "crosses the finish line" he starts his engine and does a few donuts for special effects!

I cannot believe that you would be within 50 miles and not go see if she really looks like she really looks. It is not clear how up to date the track is, but at 1.3 knots plus or minus 24 hours is not a lot.

392 google miles to the narrows.

How fitting...the Russians apparently don't know about Weids breakthrough Mars Voyage.:rolleyes:

Russia launching 520-day Mars mission simulation

MOSCOW – A manned mission to Mars may be decades away, but an international team of researchers will try to experience what one might be like by locking themselves up in a windowless capsule for a year-and-half — the time needed for a roundtrip to the red planet.

The all-male crew of three Russians, a Frenchman, an Italian-Colombian and a Chinese won't endure weightlessness, but from Thursday they will live for 520 days in the spartan conditions of a mock spaceship and follow a harsh regimen of experiments and exercise.

The main task of the Mars-500 experiment is to study the effects of long isolation to help a real space crew of the future cope better with stress and fatigue.

"When everybody interacts with the same people in the same space, habits and behavior become apparent very quickly. These habits may irritate and cause indignation — and even fits of aggression," said Mikhail Baryshev, a psychotherapist who is connected to the program.

The experiment, conducted by the Moscow-based Institute for Medical and Biological Problems in cooperation with the European Space Agency and Chinese space authorities, will simulate a 250-day journey to Mars, a 30-day surface exploration phase and 240 days return trip.

How fitting...the Russians apparently don't know about Weids breakthrough Mars Voyage.:rolleyes:

Russia launching 520-day Mars mission simulation

MOSCOW – A manned mission to Mars may be decades away, but an international team of researchers will try to experience what one might be like by locking themselves up in a windowless capsule for a year-and-half — the time needed for a roundtrip to the red planet.

The all-male crew of three Russians, a Frenchman, an Italian-Colombian and a Chinese won't endure weightlessness, but from Thursday they will live for 520 days in the spartan conditions of a mock spaceship and follow a harsh regimen of experiments and exercise.

The main task of the Mars-500 experiment is to study the effects of long isolation to help a real space crew of the future cope better with stress and fatigue.

"When everybody interacts with the same people in the same space, habits and behavior become apparent very quickly. These habits may irritate and cause indignation — and even fits of aggression," said Mikhail Baryshev, a psychotherapist who is connected to the program.

The experiment, conducted by the Moscow-based Institute for Medical and Biological Problems in cooperation with the European Space Agency and Chinese space authorities, will simulate a 250-day journey to Mars, a 30-day surface exploration phase and 240 days return trip.

This is old news. The experiment ended prematurely after it was discovered that the Russians had included a liter of vodka a day for each participant. The three Ruskies were fine with that, their blood alcohol level remained constant throughout and they performed as if sober. The Frenchman was on tape engaging in sex acts with both the Chinese man and the Italian/Latino. Afterwards he was quoted as saying, "Mon ami, any port in a storm, n'est pas?" and there were numerous fist fights and scuffles which broke out for non-disclosed reasons before they had to break the seal on the door shortly after the third week "in space." You can see it all on you tube if you put in the search words: "Simulated Flight to Mars Becomes Bad Reality Television."

Seems to be providing updates regularly. Within cell phone range (ha ha)?

Day 1135 So Close

Tuesday, 01 June 2010

JUNE 1 DAY 1135 A BIG SCHOOL OF LARGE TUNA SWIM WITH US FOR 3 DAYS UNTILL I SLOW DOWN TO KEEP MY SCHEDULE. WE ARE NOW STOCKED UP WITH DRIED TUNA. I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE I AM SO CLOSE. I TRY TO KEEP MY NORMAL ROUTINE.PEACE & LOVE

Day 1135 So Close

Tuesday, 01 June 2010

WE ARE NOW STOCKED UP WITH DRIED TUNA.

here you go racing wag: tuna importation requirements

you better pick up an anguillan flag as well..if i see old glory hanging on that pos there will be ramifications! count on it!

Hey pip, free press passes are easily obtained.... I've got two. Too bad I can't make it....

dried tuna - yum.... What the heck do you do with that anyway? Serve over Pasta with a lot of sprouts?

for those of you unfamiliar with Wei®d's hailing country - here is the flag we are looking for. Good luck finding one of those MC. I'd see if Armchair Sailor has one in stock. Unfortunately, it will be a courtesy flag - but probably still street legal.

large_flag_of_anguilla.gif

Day 1135 So Close

Tuesday, 01 June

for those of you unfamiliar with Wei®d's hailing country - here is the flag we are looking for. Good luck finding one of those MC.

Ten seconds on google. Angillan (sic) flag one for 9.95. Site says it's in stock??

http://www.flagsimpo...illa-flag-3x5//

Day 1135 So Close

Tuesday, 01 June

for those of you unfamiliar with Wei®d's hailing country - here is the flag we are looking for. Good luck finding one of those MC.

Ten seconds on google. Angillan (sic) flag one for 9.95. Site says it's in stock??

http://www.flagsimpo...illa-flag-3x5//

Yes, I'm sure it's possible.... Just trying to send MC to the Peeps... Archair sailor and the Ft. Dollardale store are awesome and worth every penny... They should buy an ad.

383 miles to the narrows.

I thought that a delivery at seven knots was mind numbing.

I cannot imagine 1.5 knots for days on end.

Christ....but he is very, very, very used to going slow :P

large burst of speed in last 24 hours. Now up to 2.05 knots. I wonder if the reef fish can keep up. Or is he just in Gulf Stream. 36/72

336 google miles to the Narrows.

Much closer to the coast or New York and the shipping really increases. I wonder if he'll notice.

large burst of speed in last 24 hours. Now up to 2.05 knots. I wonder if the reef fish can keep up. Or is he just in Gulf Stream. 36/72

336 google miles to the Narrows.

Much closer to the coast or New York and the shipping really increases. I wonder if he'll notice.

Should the Coasties start doing Pan Pan's with Reids current position? Maybe Chris Parker or Herb could add his lat and long to the daily?

383 miles to the narrows.

I thought that a delivery at seven knots was mind numbing.

I cannot imagine 1.5 knots for days on end.

Christ....but he is very, very, very used to going slow :P

Another 40 miles in the NNE direction he's presently going and he'll be in a strong meander of the Gulf Stream and will be headed SW away from NYC.

If he's using a waypoint on his GPS, he might see an ETA of NEVER displayed.

By Monday his winds will turn from SW at 15-20 to Northerly at 20 (not good for the crusty schooner), then a dying breeze from Tuesday through Thursday where where he'll be at the mercy (or lack there-of) of the Gulf Stream, then the SE will pick up to about 20 knots after Thursday afternoon.

The bad news about the new SE breeze is that it will be counter to the current at that meander and the waves will be as square as they can get for those conditions (read sloppy as shit).

He'll need some luck to not break anything else in those sloppy conditions for Thrusday on... Lots of short pitching and heavy rolling, and if he can't get sail up to power up the boat, then he'll roll and pitch even that much more.

Maybe he'll get east of the meander, but that would require a 70 degree turn now to the East and be on starboard tack with an eventual heading to the mouth of the Delaware or Chesapeake, but still needs to cross the GS.

Good luck.

Newest article from Charlie Doane supporting Stowe.

http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/06/comprehending-reid-stowe-his-various-purposes/

Nicely written but most is a bit of a stretch.

As he states a "mission" purpose was to "define and conquer new realms of sailing achievement". It should be restated as "define and conquer new realms of sailing achievement, no matter how insignificant".

Isn' there a saying about god looking after "small children and dumb sailors?"

All trip he seems to have been aware of currents and such, or at least enough so he stayed out of trouble.

36 03 N 71 54 W

333 google miles to the Narrows.

Can't wait for the adoring Doanes next piece.....

"NEXT EPISODE: His Rabid Critics"

Any one care to wager whether he actually talks to any of these "rabid critics"?. That piece was pretty well balanced and well written. Let's see if Doane continues that.

From the Cruisers & Sailors Forum thread on Stowe:

"On a related but truly unacademic note, after reading some of these posts here I ventured over to the Sailing Anarchy site. Some pretty funny stuff. Seems more of the contributors are amused by Stowe rather than hateful. Hate and the now popular notion of bullying seem a bit strong to describe the folk over there."

Obviously, this person has not spent enough time on SA! I think I'm offended. :D

"I will tell you that no man understands how I'm doing what I'm doing, and
there's no man in the world who can come close to doing what I've done
," Stowe proclaimed, when reached recently via satellite phone.

I don't think there are a hand full of men in the world that would want to, and not because they're sissies. That quote from an article at Grind TV.

Sounds almost like a double-dog dare. Any takers?

His shore team has done him a great disservice, IMO, by providing 120 PSI to the ego inflater, when they should have been sparingly using a foot pump. I really hope he can deal with the lack of interest upon his return.

true

false

GMAFB

unbelievably insulting to the RPYC

Stowe, 58, a deeply spiritual and religious artist from the New York area, will have been at sea aboard a 70-foot vessel he built for 1,152 days, without having made landfall or received assistance from other mariners.

"On a related but truly unacademic note, after reading some of these posts here I ventured over to the Sailing Anarchy site. Some pretty funny stuff. Seems more of the contributors are amused by Stowe rather than hateful. Hate and the now popular notion of bullying seem a bit strong to describe the folk over there."

Obviously, this person has not spent enough time on SA! I think I'm offended. biggrin.gif

Yes I'm afraid that I am the one that seems to have stirred up the problems over there by questioning one of Reids financial backers after he went postal for no reason, and am now "on the radar" according to a pm from a moderator. (I guess that's something like "double secret probation") Since he is a paying retailer to the site he is more important/ correct in his views.

I'm sorry to report that RD is also on "the radar"ohmy.gif Sorry RD, I hope you can live with the disappointment.

Keep up the good work over here guys and gals. This is some of the funniest sh++ I have ever read.cool.gif

John

Obviously, this person has not spent enough time on SA! I think I'm offended. biggrin.gif

Yes I'm afraid that I am the one that seems to have stirred up the problems over there by questioning one of Reids financial backers after he went postal for no reason, and am now "on the radar" according to a pm from a moderator. (I guess that's something like "double secret probation") Since he is a paying retailer to the site he is more important/ correct in his views.

I'm sorry to report that RD is also on "the radar"ohmy.gif Sorry RD, I hope you can live with the disappointment.

Keep up the good work over here guys and gals. This is some of the funniest sh++ I have ever read.cool.gif

John

As long as I get to meet that dancer/singer chick they have at their acid trip fund raisers, I'm good with that and won't be at all disappointed.

Reid's all like - "Love, love, love, Budah and Jesus are rubbing my arms." His fuck nuts in NY are all like "We will destroy these nattering nabobs and their nay saying." Reid's all like, totally - "I am so humbled by like the waves and shit breaking, and then he's all like "OMG -- this shit POS is totally breaking, WTF?"

This is going to be a great event, in shopping mall terms.....if you are a teenager at the mall......like Reid.

Just sayin.

BTW - Thanks Mr. Viking, for the passes. They will not go to waste.

John

As long as I get to meet that dancer/singer chick they have at their acid trip fund raisers, I'm good with that and won't be at all disappointed.

Reid's all like - "Love, love, love, Budah and Jesus are rubbing my arms." His fuck nuts in NY are all like "We will destroy these nattering nabobs and their nay saying." Reid's all like, totally - "I am so humbled by like the waves and shit breaking, and then he's all like "OMG -- this shit POS is totally breaking, WTF?"

This is going to be a great event, in shopping mall terms.....if you are a teenager at the mall......like Reid.

Just sayin.

Rereading -- I think I lost track of open/close quotes.

Don't judge me.

Full Press Access sounds appropriate in this case as you really are part of the media landscape. I think you should have a tape recorder and a mike if not a video cam going for the whole event. Tell Clean to pay you. This is exciting shit - ok, so not so much, BUT, our zero has done what some fucknaughts somewhere wanna try for 520 days or something like that? And that's just living in a capsule and being video monitored while you shit. No hand sewing, no shackle greasing, no knockdowns... Gotta give floating love boy his due do....

He has accomplished something - sumptin for you southerners.... Hi Mike!~

Really crashing right along, reporting 57 miles yesterday and 51 today. All the way upt to 2.38 knots one day and 2.1 the next. On the Anne probably as exciting as that J-125 of Dr. Laura's.

204.5 google miles to the narrows.

Lots of ships around helping to celbrate the return.

But ever notice what ugly company she keeps:

post-7786-127585114194_thumb.jpg

The Curtibia. A "vehicle carrier"

The Explorer of the Sea must have passed close aboard too.

post-7786-127585122493_thumb.jpg

seas on monday

screenshot20100606at719.png

loveboat 38.1N 71.8W

screenshot20100606at722.png

Forecast as of 5:00 PM EDT on June 6, 2010Hudson Canyon To Baltimore Canyon Including The Waters W Of39.3n 71.9w...Sw To 37.7n 72.9wTonight

SW winds 20 to 30 kt shifting to NW 15 to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft subsiding to 4 to 6 ft...highest E. Scattered showers and tstms ending early.Mon

NW winds 15 to 20 kt diminishing to W to NW 10 kt. Seas subsiding to 2 to 4 ft late...highest E.Mon Night

W to NW winds 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.Tue

Winds diminishing to variable 10 kt or less. Seas 1 to 2 ft.Tue Night

Variable winds 5 to 10 kt...then over the SW portion becoming se late. Seas 1 to 2 ft.Wed

Winds becoming E to se and increasing to 15 to 25 kt... then over S portion shifting to S to SW late. Seas building to 4 to 7 ft late.

Regatta Dog -

Sounds like big trouble... You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out towards New York for 48 hours...

This could be your very own search for the American Dream!

"What was I doing here? What was the meaning of this trip? Was I Reid just roaming around in a drug frenzy of some kind? Or had I really come out here to Las Vegas The Hudson to work on a story? Who are these people, these faces? Where do they come from? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas, and sweet Jesus, there were a hell of a lot of them on a Sunday Thursday morning, still humping the American dream, that vision of the big winner somehow emerging from the last minute pre-dawn chaos of a stale Vegas casino Half Sunk *@$& Barge. "

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" - with some correction editing

Good luck, can't wait to hear about it.

Tyler

pip- methinks you are much too worried bout your hero making it back home. he's made it round the world already/ timing his return to coincide with chosen day for being greeted by flotilla of well wishers. no worries. if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very competent sailor, you never will. why all the time spent by you looking at charts now? totally unnecessary. are you projecting your own worries onto the world record setting famous sailor stowe? where's the word from you on SA giving props to stowe? you know, all of you who claimed he'd never get the boat past....and soanya was as good as dead?

pip- methinks you are much too worried bout your hero making it back home. he's made it round the world already/ timing his return to coincide with chosen day for being greeted by flotilla of well wishers. no worries. if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very competent sailor, you never will. why all the time spent by you looking at charts now? totally unnecessary. are you projecting your own worries onto the world record setting famous sailor stowe? where's the word from you on SA giving props to stowe? you know, all of you who claimed he'd never get the boat past....and soanya was as good as dead?

i'm not worried in the least. a bad penny always turns up.

i was actually trying to help you asshat and drum up a little interest in your explorers zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz arrival.

frankly, i don't know why somebody at mc..maybe the unemployed stay at home godess could find the time?.....to post what i am doing..the weather, gulf stream, ships around..blah blah blah..

grudges are not becoming rw....get over it!

oh and jackass....i never said he wouldn't make it and i often defend his shoestring jury rigs...

always the lies from you rw. i am starting to dislike you now.

pip- methinks you are much too worried bout your hero making it back home

and with good reason, we wouldn't want to miss out on the fun that this hilarious homecoming can give us, bring it on.

not even a zillion days of drifting would make him or anybody else a "very competent sailor", dream on, a very competent grifter on the other hand, by all means ! smile.gif

hold on...just twigged to your hissy fit rw...

i told you more than a month ago to move up the welcome date..

now how the hell is he supposed to jack around out there at 3/4 knot?

he was as usual uncommonly talented in finding dead zones but that is finish now and with all the shipping!

well don't take it out on me!

if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very competent sailor, you never will. where's the word from you on SA giving props to stowe?

Competent sailor?? ROFLMAO! The fool ran into a merchant ship as soon as he left Hoboken, for chrisakes..

Props for surviving his self promoting, drifting, griftathon? You're kidding right??

Doesn't that kool-aid taste a bit bitter sometimes?.

195 google miles to the narrows.

Another loop de loop.

post-7786-127593881444_thumb.jpg

I guess he could not hold it any longer.

It is great to see a cluster of cruise ships gathering to precelebrate his return. I cannot find Bridge cams on these.

I just wonder if stopping by the Reef Anne counts as a "port of call"?

Seriously, do cruise ships point out weird shit at sea (like maybe a round the world racer) to the passengers and would this qualify?

the Celbrity Summit reports winds from 270 at 19 knots

post-7786-127593901963_thumb.jpg

The Veendam reports winds from 340 at 33 knots

post-7786-127593928773_thumb.jpg

The Norewegian Dawn reports wind from 330 at 10 knots.

post-7786-127593933936_thumb.jpg

195 google miles to the narrows.

Another loop de loop.

I just wonder if stopping by the Reef Anne counts as a "port of call"?

Seriously, do cruise ships point out weird shit at sea (like maybe a round the world racer) to the passengers and would this qualify?

As long as they drift near him with an Angiullan flag and a big yellow flag quarantine flag, and a giant inflatable anchor ball symbol, I think they could get the passengers to PayPal the appropriate additional passage fees. Heck, this is what Reid should have done all along, float up next to cruise ships and beg for money. He would still be out of sight of land, AND possibly some age appropriate GILF would jump off of the cruise ship to service Reid during the rest of the voyage to nowhere. brilliant I say!

MC - I need a job! Your PR guy knows nothing... PM me!

pip- methinks you are much too worried bout your hero making it back home. he's made it round the world already/ timing his return to coincide with chosen day for being greeted by flotilla of well wishers. no worries. if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very incompetent sailor, you never will. why all the time spent by you looking at charts now? totally unnecessary. are you projecting your own worries onto the world record setting famous sailor stowe? where's the word from you on SA giving props to stowe? you know, all of you who claimed he'd never get the boat past....and soanya was as good as dead?

Fixed it for you. ;)

BTW, I am one of many who never made the statements you claim.

if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very competent sailor, you never will.

On rare occasions, I've seen and been somewhat impressed with competent RV folks. The ones who roll into any camp site, anywhere, anytime...and just 10 minutes later, BINGO...have water, shitter, awnings, lounge chairs, grill, etc. all hooked up, set up, ready to go (party). Home away from home, in style (sort of), with relative freedom to relocate at will.

Weed strikes me the same way. An RV-er, maybe a COMPETENT RV-er, with a water rather than land based Winnebago. His work with that awning, catching rain? FAN-TAS-TIC!!! Same with the arts & crafts, the bean-sprout science project, approach to fishing, patching the camper, and other pasttimes. He and serious RV folks appear to have much in common, in terms of making do with what they have and, all things considered, having a reasonably good time doing it (compared to working, for instance).

True, Weed retired 35 years earlier than most of the RV crowd, but that aside...it's roughly his age group and he would likely be a big hit (dare I say eventually "famous") among RV-ers if he harvested Paypal, bought a used Winnebago, and hit the road. If he stopped at enough new places, met new people, and sampled cuisine along the way (Stuckey's), so much the better. He would be better versed in saying he's been somewhere in recent years...enhancing campfire storytelling hour, maybe even leading to a good book.

For now, he has been one place 1000+ times these past few years, not 1000 interesting places...and unfortunately did a poor job describing experiences in that one place. Time for MC, Sparky, and Weed to consider some Plan B, in case the flotilla and talk-show circuit fail to pan out. If not an RV, then one hell of an amazing ghost writer...

Day 1141 Orbtting Down Monday, 07 June 2010 JUNE 7 DAY 1141 IT HAS BEEN TOO STORMY SALTY ROUGH & RAINY TO PUT MY EMAIL UNIT OUTSIDE. BIG LIGHTNING STRIKES INTO THE SEA AROUND ME. I THINK I CAN MAKE THE TRANSITION, BUT ETERNITY STILL HAS A GRIP ON ME..ORBITING DOWN....!

It's Like David Bowie is singing in my ear!

Mission control to major Reid

Mission control to major Reid

Take your protein pills and put your condom on

(Ten) Mission control (Nine) to major Reid(Eight)

(Seven, six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four)

(Three, two) Check ignition (One) and may gods (Blastoff) love be with you

This is ground control to major Reid, you've never made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Now it's time to leave the schooner if you dare

This is major Reid to mission control, I'm stepping through the hatch

And I'm floating in a most peculiar way ohmy.gif

And the stars look very different today

Here am I floatin' 'round my Schooner Anne far above the world

Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past three hundred miles away, I'm feeling very still

And I think my schooner knows which way to go

Tell my Soy I like her very much, she knows

Mission control to major Reid, your circuits dead, there's something wrong

Can you hear me, major Reid?

Can you...

Here am I sitting in my schooner far below the Moon

Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

June 20, 2010 Welcome home party at Pier 66 Maritime

6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Foot of West 26th Street & Hudson River

$20 entrance at the door

Cash Bar

Fundraiser for Stowe - Meet the man and celebrate!

Music by TSS Yukonautica

Snacks courtesy of Kadouri International Foods, Inc (KIFI) and Parmigiano Reggiano

Oh yum.......... RD - you should have a bowl of Iams before you go.

6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$20 entrance at the door

Cash Bar

Music by TSS Yukonautica

Snacks courtesy of Kadouri International Foods, Inc (KIFI) and Parmigiano Reggiano

TSS Yukonaughtica should be shortened and renamed TSS Yuk.

6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$20 entrance at the door

Cash Bar

Music by TSS Yukonautica

I'm not a big fan of the dry kibbles, but a can of ProActive Mixed Grill with Chicken and BeefTM served open faced on a bed of wild rice with a few dashes of Frank's hot sauce - and ready access to a freshly flushed toilet - is a great way to start the day.

$20 and no free vodka drink? WTF? MC is getting stingy.

We'll have a couple pops at a local bar before heading over. They've got the belly dancing/tango chick band again, so the $20 isn't such a bad deal. I'll expense the covers and the bar tab to Scooter. Couldn't be any worse than what Clean has expensed down at KWRW.

I Googled the band to make sure it was the same one as at the last big party and MC spelled the band's name wrong. It should be spelled "yukonaughtica" - as in "naughty". Heh, heh.

EDIT - Swan - I think she's hot.

6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$20 entrance at the door

Cash Bar

Music by TSS Yukonautica

TSS Yukonaughtica should be shortened and renamed TSS Yuk.

I wonder if they can manage a cover of Void Ho...

fack Fack FACK, where have I been the past three years? I stumbled on this thread yesterday, launched into it and have only made it to page 112 (still arguing about the pseudo-collision). Doubtful that I'll get caught up before he finishes...shit, this is the best freakin' thread ever.

Shame on my lame-ass occasional-SA'in self, I can't believe I'm going to try to read the whole thing. At least now I won't have to decide which book to read next, this is the "War and Peace" of threads...

wt

this is the "War and Peace" of threads...

More "Crime and Punishment". (If you are unaware, the 500 pages of Crime and Punishment can be summarized as follows: on Page 17 the protagonist commits a crime; he thinks about it for 483 pages; then he goes to jail). I think I have that right, it was some years ago I read it but you get the idea.

if you haven't gotten it by now that stowe's a very competent sailor, you never will.

On rare occasions, I've seen and been somewhat impressed with competent RV folks. The ones who roll into any camp site, anywhere, anytime...and just 10 minutes later, BINGO...have water, shitter, awnings, lounge chairs, grill, etc. all hooked up, set up, ready to go (party). Home away from home, in style (sort of), with relative freedom to relocate at will.

I see a lot of those folks down here for Crimson Tide football, they seem to have perfected the art.

They pull up, and then in a whirl of dust worthy of Wile E. Coyote on Acme-brand methamphetamines, they have the damn thing jacked up, pouring sewage into the city drain, their electric hacked into the nearest lamppost, La-z-boy (no shit) recliners and a bunch of other crap set around a large screen television which is hooked into a satellite dish stabilized by sand-bag, cooler of beer with (miraculously) empties already on the ground before they open the door, trash scattered at will, and a full-sized barbeque smoker that somehow instantly reaches temperature before they hit the parking brake, three red awnings, assorted relatives that look like they've gestated in that parking lot, and a table full of party food.

I sometimes wonder if those RVs come with a time-machine option.

Is it alive?

post-7786-1276089697_thumb.jpg

I wonder if this will be discribed as an homage to Darien?

Or do we anticipate someother object d'art?

Maybe he's giving everyone the finger, in a large oceanic way? ;-)

post-11970-127610946961_thumb.jpg

Is it alive?

post-7786-1276089697_thumb.jpg

I wonder if this will be discribed as an homage to Darien?

Or do we anticipate someother object d'art?

198 google miles to the narrows.

Homage to Darien and how Reid knows and remembers him.

biol_02_img0172.jpg

I am reluctant to post the following on this page but understand this is like a Rorschach test and you should understand that some will be doing a freudian analysis on your response.

209 google miles to the narrows. 38 09 n and 71 44 west.

Perhaps this a project of what he thinks his son might . . .. ..

post-7786-127617622407_thumb.jpg

If there is one thing you have to admit about Stowe it's that he is better at wasting time at sea than anyone else in history. Truly remarkable. And he expects international acclaim for this.

Can't help but love that Soanya is the featured speaker at the NYC Friends of the Clearwater Water Festival

http://nycfriendsofclearwater.org/waterfestival2010.htm

Sponsors should note that her vessel has been cited by the NY DEP for not having shut off or diverting valves on it's heads. Not at all in keeping with the spirit of the organization. Very bad form.

Can someone donate holding tanks?

If there is one thing you have to admit about Stowe it's that he is better at wasting time at sea than anyone else in history. Truly remarkable. And he expects international acclaim for this.

Can't help but love that Soanya is the featured speaker at the NYC Friends of the Clearwater Water Festival

http://nycfriendsofc...estival2010.htm

Sponsors should note that her vessel has been cited by the NY DEP for not having shut off or diverting valves on it's heads. Not at all in keeping with the spirit of the organization. Very bad form.

Can someone donate holding tanks?

"Come hear Soanya Ahmad, a young woman adventurer who has broken world sailing records"

Sounds like Clearwater folks swallowed MC's BS story hook, line and sinker??