• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

well........ you know, was just easier, you know, to keep track.

edit: just for comparison, i have an entire laptop devoted to msg bewbs. :lol:

:D

From the Sun -

"In late 2008 he spent almost a year in the Pacific Ocean sailing his boat around in the shape of a
WHALE
, which can be made out on his GPS satellite tracker map.

Soanya said: "Reid feels this was the largest
intentional
work of art ever made."

From Reid's web log, day 530 -

"Yesterday I got emails from friends pointing out that I was about to complete a giant course drawing of a whale. They described it in a supremely poetic way, "Art influenced by the universal powers that drive my soul" . They say that on Goggle Earth it shows a whale diving. I looked at my chart and sure enough it could be a whale!"

In press releases, I recall they said he drew the whale by "chance".

Even though Reid himself was surprised that he had created the largest intentional work of art ever made, of the three explanations, I'm going with the universal powers that drive his soul.

I liked this little exchange between Soy, Donna and Peter Roth on his Energy Stew radio program:

Soanya: … And we also have a tracking unit onboard that shows the satellite image of where he's been, and being an artist, he's also done a conceptual art piece, where he's

drawn the shape of a whale in the Pacific Ocean with the course that he's sailed.

Donna: That was an exciting accident.

Soanya: And the shape of the heart in the Atlantic Ocean.

Donna: That was on purpose.

This was another gem ~ Soybean and Weed need to get their stories straight........ laugh.gif

Peter: And also, not too many people have had such a difficult time in the Southern Ocean as you guys -- you were there for months, nonstop, and what is it like nonstop?

Soanya: Well, I think when I was there, and we went under the Cape of Good Hope, we actually had an okay time. We didn't have that hard of a time; the weather was not that bad. We did start to experience some more tumultuous weather, bigger waves, we did experience a blow-out sail, and after I had left, Reid experienced many more blown-out sails, and when he rounded Cape Horn he had a knockdown, so it was pretty rough, and I think it's pretty typical for that area. And to stay out there day after day after day you kind of have to forget about land, and say this is my life – I'm on the ocean, this is where I'm living now.

Peter: Well there were days -- many days at a time when you had big waves, right? Rough waves --

Donna: How tall? How many feet tall?

Soanya: I think the tallest wave that I've seen was in the North Atlantic, and that was about twenty feet.

Donna: Twenty-feet waves!

Peter: But how about the regular waves in the Southern Ocean?

Soanya: The regular waves -- sometimes they would be rough, and a lot of times in between the rough times they would be calm.

Peter: But the rough times were many, many long hours or days, right?

Soanya: Not necessarily – to have tall waves you have to have the wind build up, and It has to blow in the same direction, or in contrary directions for a number of days, and then the energy builds up, and the waves get bigger, so I don't think I've seen waves bigger than 10 feet, or 15 feet in the Southern Ocean -- but I was there only there a couple of months, and I was very, very lucky. We also passed more south than most sailors would pass around the Cape of Good Hope, and then we tried to stay in the lower latitudes, rather than stay in the Roaring 40s or Screaming 50s, we'd be in the lower latitudes.

Peter: Oh good.

Soanya: So I, personally, I had it very good.

Peter: The emails from that time, a lot of us were concerned. Even though you had it good, it wasn't easy.

three solid years bullying the retarded kid....

Ah yes...coddling of the 57(?) year old Sailorman resumes, this time via comparison to a retarded kid.

Help me, Elle! Help me MSG!

My friend's on invisible fire!!!

Another crew member of the Ship of Fools shows up with another dim witted response.

cscow contribution to SA- 788 posts

contribution to bashing Stowe- 630 posts

IQ- dumb as a post

Ah yes...coddling of the 57(?) year old Sailorman resumes, this time via comparison to a retarded kid.

Another crew member of the Ship of Fools shows up with another dim witted response.

IQ- dumb as a post

Careful, the sailors on this "ship of fools" take advantage of the mentally challenged.

1528133558_c571d7b02c_m.jpg

IQ- dumb as a post

Careful, the sailors on this "ship of fools" take advantage of the mentally challenged.

How,with dumb ass reponses like this.By the way get off my back I don't go that way.

IQ- dumb as a post

Yeeeecccchhh! I would have to be at sea for like 5000 days before I'd hit that. Very funny - Swan, WTF? Not the first place I'd go with Bluto fer sure....

Bluto just didn't recognize a bump.... those muscully guys ain't good fer nuting I'ms telling ya Olive Oil

How the hell did Void Ho Nation get World Yacht/Circle Line to host welcoming event. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when all the drummers, chanters and orange cape wearing Mistress Barbies show up.

So arrival fiesta is open to the public for free but by reservation only. Trying to keep the riff raff or anyone with a critical eye at bay? Not terribly openminded and certainly contradictory to Weido's love for all mankind.

Is the creator of the flotilla plan, CAPTAIN John Doswell, really a licensed Kapitan or another like the once heralded Captain Reid Stowe?

Had he told people the truth - that he would be using his dilapidated schooner to set the equivalent of the world record for pole sitting - most of the donations would never have taken place.

Sure you can argue that the guy is an artist, and I would agree with you. He's a true bullshit artist.

I don't think that was ever his intention. Rather, he got out there, experienced some real wind and sea, and became overwhelmed at trying to keep his boat intact. His seamanship skills are terrible and he wasn't prepared to do all the maintenance and repairs that an experienced seaman would expect from 1000 days of sailing. That is the equivalent of 30 years of sailing for 8 hours every Saturday and Sunday of every month of every year. What sails would not be trashed after that time? What rigging would not need total replacement? What metal parts would not wear and break? Hell, think of the costs of preparing for, sailing, then repairing after a single Sydney/Hobart, Fastnet, or Bermuda Race. The guy bit off way more than he could chew. Indeed, more than he imagined he would have to chew.

Once this reality set in he had two choices: quit or sit it out in damage-control mode. He chose the latter. Now he's limping home at one knot and trying to put a positive spin on an adventure that didn't quite go as planned. It's not really worth condemning. Neither is it worth honoring but since I'm not, I really don't care how others feel about it.

And for everyone's memories, here's a picture of the sort of people that are pulled in by this sort of bullshit voyage:

drug_free_america.jpg

Does that couple look like yachties to you? Do you even imagine you could carry on a sane conversation with them? That trust-fund heroin-addict woman looks about as aware as an amoeba.

drug_free_america.jpg

Does that couple look like yachties to you? Do you even imagine you could carry on a sane conversation with them? That trust-fund heroin-addict woman looks about as aware as an amoeba.

....that's TOTALLY unfair :angry:

....amoeba's would be smart enough t'stay well clear!

Had he told people the truth - that he would be using his dilapidated schooner to set the equivalent of the world record for pole sitting - most of the donations would never have taken place.

Sure you can argue that the guy is an artist, and I would agree with you. He's a true bullshit artist.

I don't think that was ever his intention. Rather, he got out there, experienced some real wind and sea, and became overwhelmed at trying to keep his boat intact. His seamanship skills are terrible and he wasn't prepared to do all the maintenance and repairs that an experienced seaman would expect from 1000 days of sailing. That is the equivalent of 30 years of sailing for 8 hours every Saturday and Sunday of every month of every year. What sails would not be trashed after that time? What rigging would not need total replacement? What metal parts would not wear and break? Hell, think of the costs of preparing for, sailing, then repairing after a single Sydney/Hobart, Fastnet, or Bermuda Race. The guy bit off way more than he could chew. Indeed, more than he imagined he would have to chew.

Once this reality set in he had two choices: quit or sit it out in damage-control mode. He chose the latter. Now he's limping home at one knot and trying to put a positive spin on an adventure that didn't quite go as planned. It's not really worth condemning. Neither is it worth honoring but since I'm not, I really don't care how others feel about it.

And for everyone's memories, here's a picture of the sort of people that are pulled in by this sort of bullshit voyage:

I get it, I think. Kinda like me trying to get my head around a NASCAR race with a pro-wrestler driver, a pit crew made up of short order cooks from Stuckey's, and a marketing department recruited from Walmart greeters who are given a pencil eraser budget that is double that of the pencil lead.

I get it, I think. Kinda like me trying to get my head around a NASCAR race with a pro-wrestler driver, a pit crew made up of short order cooks from Stuckey's, and a marketing department recruited from Walmart greeters who are given a pencil eraser budget that is double that of the pencil lead.

Very good! Yeah. Pretty much.

MAY 19 DAY 1122 GLASSY CALM CLEAR OCEAN. A SHARK CIRCLES US ALL DAY. BIG TUNA TOO.WHEN I MEDITATE I GET BLUE VISIONS FROM GAZING INTO THE SEA. CREATING SACRED ART OF HIGH PERFORMANCE ACTION & SPIRITUALITY ON THE LOVE VOYAGE

High performance action? Is that like when you use your left hand?

Is it just me, or does it sound like he'll crowhurst himself soon? A shark will eat him sort of like how the bear guy in Alask got eaten by his friends.

Don't fall overboard Reidie....

MAY 19 DAY 1122 GLASSY CALM CLEAR OCEAN. A SHARK CIRCLES US ALL DAY. BIG TUNA TOO.WHEN I MEDITATE I GET BLUE VISIONS FROM GAZING INTO THE SEA. CREATING SACRED ART OF HIGH PERFORMANCE ACTION & SPIRITUALITY ON THE LOVE VOYAGE

High performance action? Is that like when you use your left hand?

Is it just me, or does it sound like he'll crowhurst himself soon? A shark will eat him sort of like how the bear guy in Alask got eaten by his friends.

Don't fall overboard Reidie....

I don't think he jump for it... He wouldn't miss the chance to sail up river accepting cash, check, and credit cards.

drug_free_america.jpg

And THAT Ladies and Gentlemen, is the RIGHT answer.

fridayanne.jpg

looks like light winds continue till monday, picking up by tuesday

Schooner Anne

31.6 N 69.5 W

Good lord! Traffic is thick around our drifting fool and he has historically proven to be a hazard to navigation. The Coast Guard should scuttle the Anne and put Reid into something that will safely get him home.

dalscone1.jpg

Reid could apply at this outerspace exploration for humanity company as test pilot or, at least, a PR position.

http://gaiatwo.blogspot.com/

Here's a quote from the site:

Gaia Two is the solution to Humanity’s biggest problem.

There are way too many of us to sustain our current relationship with Planet Earth.

An overwhelming sense that we have overdone almost everything in the quest to remove misery and drudgery from our lives is creeping into our very being.

The Symbiosis is seriously out of kilter.

This scenario is beginning to rule our collective psyche with constant reminders that we face the possibility of destroying our own niche.

Worse, we are developing an ever increasing awareness that there is no more “Westward-Ho the Wagons”.

Expanding outward, off Planet Earth, into the Final Frontier is the option we’ve left for ourselves.

Unfortunately, until the view out becomes less hostile than the view in, we go nowhere.

It's not in our Nature.

Right now, there is absolutely zero indication of anyplace suitable out there.

And, we will never have the means to explore freely because The Rocketeers have fortified Earth’s surroundings with weaponry...all aimed this way.

We are trapped on Earth by The Rocketeers, and their ‘our way, or no way’ attitude regarding exploration of Outer Space.

Nobody goes anywhere without ascending the High Ground and passing through The Rocketeers’ checkpoints...“Where are your papers?”

This dims one of Humanity’s most enduring dreams, and erodes the Pioneering Spirit from our very souls.

Even if we should discover a likely second home, the chances of ever leaving here and traveling there appear to be slim and none.

Welcome to...The Expansion Crisis’...Humanity’s biggest problem.

The Rocketeers have fortified Earth’s surroundings with weaponry...all aimed this way

wait - what? the Rocketeers?

Shit Pete, we need to find that dude with the "last chance" bunker if we are to survive. Armagedon I tells ya.

And all along I thought the rocketeers were a rock group from the 60's

The Rocketeers have fortified Earth's surroundings with weaponry...all aimed this way

wait - what? the Rocketeers?

Oh yeah, the Rocketeers! Yum!

radio%20city%204.jpg

Oh wait, that's the Rockettes. My bad...

So the Rocketeers are shooting off Rockettes?

Umm. . . I may not have worded that quite right. . .

That's two eggs, toast, jelly, all, for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's.

Do I get coffee with that?

Sir, the offer is two eggs, toast, jelly, all, for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's.

Okay, what about a napkin?

We have those on the table.

Can I get butter on my toast instead of jelly?

Sir, the offer is two eggs, toast, jelly, all, for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's.

Howabout salt and pepper for the eggs?

We have that on the table.

I like orange marmalade, does that count as jelly?

Sir, if you insist on being rude to me I'm going to have to call my manager. The offer is two eggs, toast and jelly.

But marmalade is just another name for jelly!

Sir, I'm getting my manager.

Is there a problem here sir?

Ah, yes, I just wanted orange marmalade for my toast instead of this grape jelly, and I noticed that you have some on the counter over there.

Yes, and?

Well, I wanted to know if I could have some for my toast.

I believe you ordered the breakfast special sir ... that offer is for two eggs, toast, jelly, 99 cents.

Yes, and marmalade is another name for jelly.

Sir, you can eat your breakfast, and stop being a disturbance to the other customers, or I can call the police.

I just wanted some of that orange jelly over there!

Over where sir?

On the counter, next to the cake tray.

Sir, that's not jelly, it's marmalade ... Pamela, would you please bring this gentleman some of that orange marmalade for his toast? Thanks Pam. Here you go sir. Now that you have your marmalade I have a request to you from Stuckey's management ... we would prefer you take your business elsewhere next time, thank you.

But I ...

SIR! We politely request that you take your business elsewhere.

But ...

Pamela! Would you please call Ned at the State Troopers office while I stand here with this gentleman?

My pleasure Mr. Claridge.

Now ... you have about two minutes before the State Troopers show up, and you now have the choice to remove yourself from this establishment ... Sir, those are our plates, if you remove them from the restaurant that won't go well for you. Pamela, would you please get this gentleman a takeout tray?

New vid shows Soy absolutely glowing. Nice Preggo stuff, or she was just excited to see Jon Sanders.

Jon didn't seem too thrilled about being filmed by the gravely ill Soanya. No matter how much Reid and his shore team try to exploit Jon Sanders to make Reid appear to be his equal, I'm not buying it.

fridayanne.jpg

looks like light winds continue till monday, picking up by tuesday

Schooner Anne

31.6 N 69.5 W

Good lord! Traffic is thick around our drifting fool and he has historically proven to be a hazard to navigation. The Coast Guard should scuttle the Anne and put Reid into something that will safely get him home.

dalscone1.jpg

BASTARD!

Another keyboard is history.

Nice work Swanny.

Going into the archives -- Where's waldo?

3591967269_27caa09c4e_o.jpg

And the safety thing where Reid's good because he has radar and a fog horn --

2219908312_d49d50db8b_o.jpg

Thanks, Scooter, for the budget and the swag, especially the shower caps -- nice fucking touch, that.

I look forward to meeting you guys and gals for the champagne brunch. It's going to be a great day on the water!!!

MAY 21 DAY 1124 A HALO AROUND THE SUN FORECASTS 24 HOURS OF WINDY MAY SHOWERS. TODAY THE CLOUDS MOVE OFF TO THE NORTH & SCHOONER & I SLOWLY FOLLOW. MY ART CREATIONS CO-EXIST WITH GOD IN THE SHAPE OF ALL THINGS, THE UNIVERSE&...

Co-exist with god???? He thinks his "creations" are god like? Goodness gravy - hurry home Reid and get some help. Beaufort is closer! Southport, Wrightsville Beach, anywhere....

ok, its been years since i went into the big apple, so fill me in on the particulars knickerbocker anarchists as this plan seems a mite ambitious to a country rube like me..

we devoted fans of the GREAT EXPLORER are supposed to:

run down to battery park, stand on the bulkhead and wave (homemade) signs saying 'Welcome Home Reid!!'

then trot over to the Pioneer on Pier 81, is that nearby? (and pay 40 bucks)

or

dash over to the Harvey fireboat @ pier 66 ..(they said was free but probably will pass an obligatory donation jug)

and

ride out to greet the returning SAVIOR (without any boozing or mayhem just RESPECT and TRIBUTE)

then

get dropped off like a pile of wet smelly laundry on some commercial wharf (not sure where)

and

rush rush rush

to a party at World something (pony up another 40 bucks)

where there is no mention of an open bar or food for your ticket?

and the GREAT EXPLORER will be HISTORICALLY taking his first wobbly baby steps on terra firma after 3 years of SURVIVING

and

you might be so lucky as to mingle with his SEA GODDESS BABY MAMA

and

even witness the father and son reunion? (assuming baby d gets a free pass on the 40 buck entry fee?)

now... isn't that a lot of running all over manhattan for even a HUGE REID FAN to accomplish on one day? not to mention $80 bucks buys eggzactly what?

then

don't forget to run to the fundraising party on the 20th at the frying pan (tickets are required but price yet to be announced)

and

keep the following date of June 27 open for the Friends of Clearwater and Fundraising Concert at the frying pan (no price announced yet) where the SEA GODDESS is guest speaker (so maybe Reid will stay home? babysitting?)

shit...better clear your calendars!

Budget, swag, shower caps, champagne brunch?

Also, add another Good News Broadcast. At least he mentions his wife and kid.

http://www.goodnewsbroadcast.com/index.php/component/content/article/117534/117534

....~1:20...rather worried about the hardship he faces back in new york....no $,no moorage........he's thinking of having a shower ,,pick up Soanya and th'lovechild and going back to orbit!! :blink:

MAY 21 DAY 1124 A HALO AROUND THE SUN FORECASTS 24 HOURS OF WINDY MAY SHOWERS. TODAY THE CLOUDS MOVE OFF TO THE NORTH & SCHOONER & I SLOWLY FOLLOW. MY ART CREATIONS CO-EXIST WITH GOD IN THE SHAPE OF ALL THINGS, THE UNIVERSE&...

Co-exist with god???? He thinks his "creations" are god like? Goodness gravy - hurry home Reid and get some help. Beaufort is closer! Southport, Wrightsville Beach, anywhere....

Yeah, he says his art is "sacred".... not to be confused with any ol' Masters crap. Where did our buddy Racing Wag/Weeks/Regatta Wolf/etc etc run off to? I bet he's onboard scrubbing off sacred slime and mold before the big day.

thanks redboat

Holy crap. According to Reid himself, he doesn't have a place to live, he doesn't have any money, doesn't know what he's going to do, and doesn't have a place to keep the boat.

He all but abandons the Mars anal-gus mission and embraces the "Love Voyage" and thinks......I have no fucking idea what he thinks

This Crowhurstian diatribe is definitely worth the time to listen.

The 20 or so totally dedicated followers who have blindly fed his ego over the years need to take responsibility for him when he gets back. You built him up, and wallowed in your own perceived importance to this mission for "humanity". Wake up and move on. Scraping barnacles, renting a van to pick up artwork upstate, chatting up the "whale" art, buying the transition from a scientific mission to a love voyage makes you folks a bunch of dupes. Reid's art? I could find better in the shit of my dog. When my dog takes a shit, she means to take a shit, and that shit with the crying Jesus? Yeah -- it was.......shit.

Coffee's on. Smell it.

Just sayin.

Looks like the Love Voyage is headed South again and might actually encounter a breeze in excess of 20 knots.

Probably add a couple of rollovers and capsizes to his tale.

Was surprised that Weid said he didn't know where he was going to keep the boat. Figured his buddy John Krevey was going to berth it alongside his barge again. Where can you berth an uninsured unregistered vessel in NY these days?

Caribwx.com

Wx Update, Interim, Sat22, 10a

Yesterday's LO NE of Bahamas dissipated. Models unanimously develop new LO tonight / tomorrow near 27N/69W...gradually strengthens as it lifts N thru tomorrow, then WNW-NW toward waters E-or-S-of-Hatteras thru at-least Tue25.

However, models disagree on the following:

--Speed-of-motion...Euro remains fastest (and strongest), bringing 50-65k+ winds to Hatteras & vicinity late Mon24, most models not till Tue25, and GFS keeps LO away from that area entirely.

--Direction-of-motion...NOGAPS & HWRF are outliers in continuing to move LO W-ward after Tue25...all other models do some combination of stalling the LO (200-300mi S of Hatteras) and/or executing a "cyclonic loop" (W-SW-S-SE-E motion) Wed26 onward...keeping LO in W Atlantic waters generally btwn Bermuda & the US, S of 32N Wed26-Thu27, and lying anywhere from Bermuda to E of Florida/N of Bahamas Fri28.

--I can't embrace a single solution...rather a "mean" forecast, as follows: Mon24 sunset 30N/73W, 1004mb / Tue25 sunset 32.5N/74W, 1000mb / sunset Wed26 30N/75W, 1000mb / sunset Thu27 30N/70W-75W, 1004mb / Fri28 30N/65W-75W, 1008mb.

Strength/Character of LO:

All models strengthen LO into a GALE, except Euro to a STORM. Gradient structure & atmospheric upper-LO & marginal water temps all suggest this will be a cold-core (NON-Tropical) LO...but it may have some Tropical characteristics (a Sub-Tropical Cyclone), including band of moderately-strong wind in NW-N-NE-quadrant near LO center, and strong convective squalls in NW-N-NE-E-SE-quadrants. May also extend "feeder band" generally S-ward from E-quadrant (possibly into Caribbean).

SUGGESTIONS:

Euro is clearly worst-case scenario...N-ENE@50-65k+ (65k+ Hurricane Force winds are quite possible at-least in squalls in NW-N-NE-quadrants Mon24 night into Wed26 in GulfStream waters within 150mi S&E of Hatteras). Most other guidance is in 35-50k range, maybe a bit higher in squalls S&E of Hatteras at the peak Tue25. I would AVOID 25N-30N from 72W-65W thru tomorrow / AVOID 26N-34N from 75W-65W Mon24 / AVOID S&E of ChesapeakeBayEntrance...and E of CpLookout to 67W, from 28N-37N Mon24 night-Tue25 / AVOID 28N-37N from 80W-67W Wed26-Thu27 / AVOID 28N-35N from 80W-60W Fri28. In addition, large swells impact areas from Bahamas N&W thru FL & SE US Mon24 night onward.

MODELS:

--Euro develops LO 27N/69W tonight, 999mb LO 32N/73W Mon24 afternoon, N-ENE GALEs developing near Hatteras area / 994mb 33N/74W Tue25 & Wed26 / 31N/73W Thu27 / 29N/65W Fri28.

--UKMet gradually develops LO 28N/70W tomorrow, moves WNW as 1007mb LO 29N/72W Mon24 afternoon.

--Canadian develops LO 25N/70W tonight, strengthens to 1002mb LO 27N/72W Mon24 afternoon / just SE of GulfStream off Hatteras 1000mb Tue25 night / moves W toward CpLookout Wed26, then SW then S to 31N/76W Thu27.

--06z GFS develops LO 26N/68W tonight, strengthens to 1004mb LO 30N/72W Mon24 afternoon / W to 30N/75W Tue25 / LO E of Newfoundland extends TROF SW & pulls LO to 30N/72W Wed26 or Thu27 / maybe dissipating within 300mi S or W of Bermuda Thu27 or Fri28.

--NOGAPS develops LO 25N/72W tonight, strengthens to 1006mb 29N/72W Mon24 afternoon / 1004mb 32N/76W Tue25 / 1002mb 31N/78W Wed26 / 30N/78.5W Thu27.

TROPICAL MODELS:

--GFDL gradually develops LO tomorrow-Mon24, with 1010mb LO 29N/70W late Mon24 / 1007mb 33N/73W Tue25 / 30N/75W Wed26.

--HWRF 1010mb LO 28N/69W tonight / 1007mb LO 33N/73W late Mon24 / FryPnShl Tue25 / inland over SC-GA Wed26 onward.

1000days.net :

Day 1126 Heave to facing SSunday, 23 May 2010 1000days.netMAY 23 DAY 1126 STRONG WIND FROM SE BLOWS US TOO FAST TO N. I HEAVE-TO FACING S & STALL. SCHOONER SAILS SLOWLY SAINTLY ROCKY & ROLLY. ESSAYS & PAINTINGS, THE MAN BEHIND THE SPIRITUALIZATION OF EXPLORATION, SAILING & THE MARS..

screenshot20100524at803.png

3 day track

Love Boat 32.3N 70.3 W

Tomorrow Forecast

screenshot20100524at806.png

INVEST 90

screenshot20100524at835.png

The Schooner Anne pays homage to Canada!!

On her 1127 day at sea Anne has drawn a Canadian Goose in honor of our neighbors to the north. I expect that the Prime Minister will want to be on the dock to thank her skipper for honoring his country.

post-7786-127470949711_thumb.jpg

607 google miles to the narrows.

So glad this thread is holding up without me. He deserves it. I've been working on getting a friendlier thread going over on Scuttlbutt. I think it's a better place for Reid accomplishments. But still good to see Reids thread is helping keep SA alive. :huh:

So glad this thread is holding up without me. He deserves it. I've been working on getting a friendlier thread going over on Scuttlbutt. I think it's a better place for Reid accomplishments. But still good to see Reids thread is helping keep SA alive. :huh:

got a link there salty?

edit: i guess you mean this blog? salty's lame announcement you put up 6 days ago and still haven't got a single comment? good luck with that.

got a link there salty?

edit: i guess you mean this blog? salty's lame announcement you put up 6 days ago and still haven't got a single comment? good luck with that.

At least there weren't any negative comments, maybe no news is good news. Salty, which "NYC VIPs" are scheduled to greet Stowe?.

maybe stowe will be spotted in a weather fly over.

if MC were smart they would hook up a live sat call to the weather channel. (don't say i never did nothing for you).

gtwo noaaTHE LOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE SLOWLY TOWARD THENORTH-NORTHWEST AND IT STILL HAS THE POTENTIAL TO ACQUIRESUBTROPICAL CHARACTERISTICS DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO. THERE IS AMEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT... OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A SUBTROPICALCYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.loveboat.jpg

animated loop: good outflow

So glad this thread is holding up without me. He deserves it. I've been working on getting a friendlier thread going over on Scuttlbutt. I think it's a better place for Reid accomplishments. But still good to see Reids thread is helping keep SA alive. huh.gif

got a link there salty?

I guess even the wankers over at scuttleslut couldn't give a rats patoot about saltys delusional hero.

1000days.net :

Day 1126 Heave to facing SSunday, 23 May 2010 1000days.netMAY 23 DAY 1126 STRONG WIND FROM SE BLOWS US TOO FAST TO N. I HEAVE-TO FACING S & STALL. SCHOONER SAILS SLOWLY SAINTLY ROCKY & ROLLY. ESSAYS & PAINTINGS, THE MAN BEHIND THE SPIRITUALIZATION OF EXPLORATION, SAILING & THE MARS..

Is there no limit to this guy's arrogance? I have a feeling that his posse in NY are creating some pretty big expectations about how much the general public gives a shit. He might be just a tad disappointed.

Thanks for the weather updates. I've got my fingers crossed for a safe return.

4636348349_905954017d_o.jpg

Is there no limit to this guy's arrogance?

Umm, Regatta Dog, you've been following this thread for for for for for how many years now...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there no limit to this guy's arrogance?

Umm, Regatta Dog, you've been following the driving force behind this thread for for for for for how many years now...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

About a year ago I challenged the revered dog to take a week long break from this thread. The denial that followed was like watching an episode of intervention.

Hell, I've stopped by here about weekly for 2 1/2 years now and I'm beginning to worry about meself!

I try to tell myself, "he's just a hippy. he's just a hippy." but it's not working.... Like the mega posters here I'm becoming addicted to the Weid.

it took more than us obsessed for these numbers!

there are many closeted peepers here:

28,529 Replies

it really chafes salty's ass that the ed has made pretty good $s on the love voyage.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do before we get to 1,000,000 views... Even at the amazing speeds Reid is going... we might not make our goal!

28,529 Replies

it really chafes salty's ass that the ed has made pretty good $s on the love voyage.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do before we get to 1,000,000 views... Even at the amazing speeds Reid is going... we might not make our goal!

You really don't think this thread will end with WEid's arrival home, do you? That's when the fun will just begin. We can have all kinds of Waldo WEid, Soy and Darshen sightings. For every article that gets published, we'll have about a thousand comebacks on whatever lies he'll be spewing. Let the games begin...

28,529 Replies

You really don't think this thread will end with WEid's arrival home, do you? That's when the fun will just begin. We can have all kinds of Waldo WEid, Soy and Darshen sightings. For every article that gets published, we'll have about a thousand comebacks on whatever lies he'll be spewing. Let the games begin...

I don't know, man... I feel a major pull to this thread is the ever growing chance that every time we check in.... He could be sinking/sunk, collided with a super tanker, or taken home by the cosmic bakers (Jimmy Buffett Reference). Once we know Reid is back (and the warrants are taken care of), it is going to be hard to top this ridiculous expedition of underachievement.

Nautical train wrecks are one thing, but a never ending "pass the jar" gag gets old quickly.

Maybe to save this thread (for the good of us all) We should come up with his next adventure... We have enough bullshit outstanding ideas between us to come up with a real winner.

He could be the first, longest, nonstop, solo, unassisted...

And damnit, think quickly forum! Before a 12 year old kid from CT. beats Reid to it!

28,529 Replies

So true. Going to get awfully sporty following Weido's arrival. Relentless media saturation with Voidspeak will be great fodder for the field trip fleet.

They have still managed to keep the SA link off the Wiki page. The oh so objective Skol fir has done a brilliant job of scrubbing the Wiki entry of any and all elements that might portray the Mighty Stowe as anything other than a brilliant artist/adventurer/sailor that he pretends to be.

Maybe to save this thread (for the good of us all) We should come up with his next adventure.

I got it!!

We build a ferro-cement mars rocket. Make sure it's faired really poorly and doesn't carry enough spares, just like the Love Schooner Anne!

Then we launch Reid off toward the Red Planet and see how long his internet connection holds out.

loop

caribwx full forecast

Wx Update, Interim, Mon24, 11a

Broad, synoptic-scale, cold-core (non-Tropical) LO lies generally near 29N/69W, moving NNW.

INTENSITY / CHARACTER of LO:

--While atmospheric shear decreases tomorrow-Wed26, LO will lie over relatively-cool 72F-75F waters...while it may achieve some Tropical characteristics, LO may-or-may-not become Tropical-enough to become a "sub-Tropical" LO with a name (Alex).

--LO currently generating broad area of GALEs in N & E quadrants, almost as far away as Bermuda. Wind should remain mostly 35-50k within 240mi NW & N & NE of LO thru Wed26, then may decrease. Strongest wind in squalls in and S&E of GulfStream may exceed 50k, but not N&W of GulfStream.

eh, ya gets what ya pays fer..oops that was yesterday's forecast not updated. here's the latest mc:

SPECIAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

745 PM EDT MON MAY 24 2010

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

THE NON-TROPICAL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CENTERED BETWEEN BERMUDA AND

THE BAHAMAS REMAINS DISORGANIZED...AND THE POTENTIAL TO ACQUIRE

SUBTROPICAL CHARACTERISTICS DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO IS

DIMINISHING. THERE IS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM

BECOMING A SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. THIS LOW

IS MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST AND IS STILL PRODUCING

A LARGE AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG WITH GALE FORCE

WINDS. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...PLEASE SEE HIGH SEAS FORECASTS

ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE...UNDER AWIPS HEADER

NFDHSFAT1 AND WMO HEADER FZNT01 KWBC. NO FURTHER SPECIAL TROPICAL

WEATHER OUTLOOKS ON THIS SYSTEM ARE ANTICIPATED.

Wiggy Sparrust and the Sprouters from Mars...

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Mission Control to Captain Reid

You're running out of weed

And SA wants to know if you're sane and how

Now it's time to leave the rotting old cheese scow.

There. That's better.