Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

1873 --- The year of the "Panic of 1873," apparently caused by the fact that "at the same time, too much capital was involved in projects offering no immediate or early returns." (Sound familiar?)

1873 --- The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach One Million sightings of this thread.

1873 --- The rifle by Winchester that won the West : Winchester 1873 Rifle

And the list goes on... :blink:

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Dunno if its been mentioned before, and its a biggun', but does the SA view counter go past 1,000,000?????

Or does it freak out and turn us all into antimatter?

Which would work quite aptly, all things considered....

Reid???? You there???

1873 --- The year of the "Panic of 1873," apparently caused by the fact that "at the same time, too much capital was involved in projects offering no immediate or early returns." (Sound familiar?)

1873 --- The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach One Million sightings of this thread.

1873 --- The rifle by Winchester that won the West : Winchester 1873 Rifle

1778 --- The Treaty of Alliance (1778), also called The Treaty of Alliance with France, was a defensive alliance between France and the United States of America, formed in the midst of the American Revolutionary War.

1778 --- The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach One Million sightings of this thread.

Anyone else get CScow's brilliance here? The beer thing?

The subtlety ....

I admit I did not. Give us some clues...........

The beer recipe?

C'mon JP. Please try and keep up.

EDIT - "Water not.....

EDIT 2 - JP is probably retarded. Be kind to her.

Constitutional Convention - 1787. That is where the shit got done.

Philadelphia bump.

bummmp.gif

Anyone else get CScow's brilliance here? The beer thing?

The subtlety ....

Edit - Who's a good boy.....good boy....yes you are....good boy.

RD, I got the beer thing... wondered how all those dry ingredients would add up to a good pint of beer without the H2O. ;)

Also, to be precise -- 17 September, 1787 – the day the United States Constitution is adopted by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. I missed that number (1787)- the viewers were viewing while I took a popcorn break!

Now down to 1613 --- (April) – Near Jamestown, Virginia, Samuel Argall captures Chief Powhatan's daughter, Pocahontas, and she is brought to Jamestown. (This led to a "Walt Disney" feature animation in 1995, called Pocahontas, which pulled in at least $346,079,773 US, worldwide.)

1613 --- The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach **One Million** sightings of this thread.

Talk about "Philadelphia, Bump"... which, BTW has apparently CLOSED.

Bump
- Situated right on the corner of 12th and Locust, the 5-year-old Bump has firmly locked itself into Philly's gay community. Serving as a transitory stop, it it's perfect for clientele on their way to or from someplace else. You can't help but feel like your trapped in a
Halloween pumpkin
with all the bright orange and amber colors. The mixture of attractive gay men and straight women (
:huh:
??) really reaches it's zenith during happy hour, and the
looks-but-no-brains
staff tends to have issues with speed and memory. Ear-splitting Euro-trash techno is played at all hours of the day, making it impossible to enjoy a dinner; although Bump does provide a substantially satisfying menu.

RD, you must have stumbled on it while on your way to the Locust Tavern, at 235 S 10th St. Now that's more like it.

This neighborhood bar (Locust Tavern) serves up uncomplicated food and drink to a diverse local clientele. Drawn in by cheap prices and a comfy, unpretentious atmosphere, med students from Jefferson Hospital drink with construction workers, yuppies and
fashionable urbanites
. The narrow bar features a jukebox with
classic rock and booths for friends to gather with their pitchers of Yeungling Lager
($5 on Wednesdays). Lagers and Buds are popular, but the taps pour Flying Fish and other highbrow brews.

Knock it off, RD, or you'll be next.........

4154276325_61a01ba3d8_o.gif

PS: America's Cup

Thank you. You are once again proving that this thread was the ONLY educational aspect of 1000 Days! :)

JPlanet, that's a scary picture. I see those ray-beaming tin men in my worst nightmares, and wake up in a cold sweat, thankful that I was not plying the waters in the Bermuda Triangle. Thanks for the nod, on education. We can all use some of that, now and then, although we are still waiting for Weid to deliver the manifesto on how to survive the elements afloat on a boat in a moat, without a goat.

I now have the number 1533 -- 15 November – Francisco Pizarro arrives in Cuzco, Peru. (It turns out that he was not invited, but decided to crash the party anyway).

1533 --- The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach **One Million** sightings of this thread.

C'mon JP. Please try and keep up.

Speaking of subtle humor and keeping up, I just read that New York Magazine article (9/17)...

She liked to listen to him talk about meditation and yoga and sustainable living...

followed by:

The person returns to tell him that the stove he’s looking for is only available to order online. “Okay, good. Can I order it with a credit card?” he asks. Yes, he can—which is great news, since his partner, Soanya Ahmad, has a credit card.

Starting to think this Stowe character is on to something. Girlfriend. With credit card. In my case, girlfriend with credit who happens to be out of town for the weekend. Seems like prime time for some good ol' fashioned SUSTAINABLE LIVING around the CScow ranch...

Thank you for calling Melges Boat Works. This is Marge. How may I help you?

Hi Marge, CScow here. I'm calling to buy a new A-Scow, loaded, with trailer. And a beach house. Credit Card#498...

We only sell boats, Mr. CScow. You will have to call a Realtor regarding the beach house.

Oh. Does the Realtor accept credit cards?

You would have to talk to the Realtor about th...

Cuz if the Realtor accepts credit cards, I'm thinking 300' of frontage, minimum.

Inspection, close, the whole enchilada... before Monday morning 10AM.

Regarding the boat, you said you were interested in an A-Scow?

Yes. Credit Card#498...

OK. And what selection of sails did you want with that?

All of them. For Sunday delivery, or Monday 9AM at the latest. Card #498...

Sir, we have a 3-6 month lead time on new A-Scows.

Really? Damn...didn't see that one coming. How about trade-ins? Any used A's, new E-Scows? For Sunday or Monday morning delivery? Guess I can't be too choosy. I'm on a sustainable living timeline here.

Well, we do have two recent E's, an older C, and several MC's. Which one are you...

Great. I'll take them. Just get them here Sunday. She gets back Monday AM. Credit Card #498...

We require a cashiers check

Huh? Gosh, that's not a sustainable living option. Besides, she's out of town this weekend, that's why I'm calling. What about whole-house stereo systems? A stack of Marshall guitar amps? Brewing supplies? Burritos with extra cheese? Do you sell those by credit card? I have the number right here, #498...

(Click)

sing along with me:

We are all non profits
With our hands out
We need your money
So we can save the world pay ourselves a nice salary
befitting a king and a goddess from queens
It's not cheap
to live in brooklyn
it's no fun
to dock in hoboken
and what with bingo bango
we need all of you to step up
and hit the paypal button please
times have changed
and now the airport
has full body screening machines
and google is a bitch
informing 'potentials' of our years of lies
we need help to survive
since we haven't any means
we are spokesavians and hovians
spreading love to all mankind
we went out and we came back
you can pay us for our message of love
send a big fat check for reid debt
to jim benedict @ hovian lies
we've got a child to feed and diaper
and a sacred homemade boat that need repair
we need some more e paint
and more tide to wash our moldy clothes
come to our parties that we broadcast and youtube
if we call them multi media events
then we qualify for more grant money
for our non profits tagged with water words
that we never had the chance to verify
celebrate the hero
who fell from terra firma
step up and hit paypal
and like us on facebook please
Moitessier wouldn't mind
us linking our name to his
and Anguilla was just a crafty means
to avoid confiscation during incarceration
we are full of sacred tricks
we have lots of chakra to spare
so hit that paypal button
and ease the shaman's despair
there is no end to this song
we just fall on the grass in a heap
sending love to all you idiots
who dig into your pockets deep

Aaaarrgh, Some Real Anarchists Fer a Change

I doubt Reid's documentary will be half as entertaining or enlightening, unless of course they can get Leslie Nielsen play Reid Stowe.

Leslie Nielsen playing Mr. Quincy Magoo, now that's just plain silly....

Notice the lines:

Well, an escalator to the top.

How
swank

Must be a
yacht club

Siskel and Ebert, now those were the days! :rolleyes:

The number 1256 ---

Saint Gertrude the Great was born January 6, 1256* in Eisleben, Thuringia (within the Holy Roman Empire). Nothing is known of her parents, so she was probably an orphan. When five years old, she was entrusted to the sisters of Helfta Abbey for her education. From a very young age she gave evidence of her brilliance and quickly outstripped her companions (and how, exactly did she do that?). She dedicated herself to her studies, becoming an expert in literature and philosophy. In her teen years she asked to join the (Sailing Anarchy) community. Therefore, she probably spent her whole life from childhood on within the abbey (as in the Abby Sunderland Shrine) walls.

*If you flip the "6" around in the year, and scramble the numbers, you get 1952, and together, with the date of Jan. 6, Reid Stowe's birthday. Is he actually Saint Gertrude, reincarnated?

abby-sunderland-2009-8-18-19-40-6.jpg

BTW, Abby now has a new little brother, as of June 29, 2010. His name is Paul-Louis Sunderland, named after the French fishing-boat captain who rescued Abby in the Indian Ocean. The next youngest kid to sail around the world single-handed is being groomed as we speak! :o

1256 ---The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach **One Million** sightings of this thread.

Fer a Change?

do your homework city boy.

you could not have picked a story closer to my own. (haven't seen the end of the film yet)

'cept i didn't make a movie out of refitting a derilict alone @ anchor without lovely hippie chick help. and i din't sleep in any schmillionaire backyards and i restepped the mast singlehanded with a few blocks, no problemo, it was in fact a cinch-er-roo. from chainplate to masthead without a single word to anyone.

nice kids but my story slices and dices theres and is not available for public consumption.

you are a top notch jerk ducky.

go throw ice water in someone else's face brooklyn boy.

you like to ridicule us as non anarchists. you don't know what anarchy is stalkholm syndrome @sshat.

bring it.

edit: i mean really, am i supposed to be in AWE of these kids?

Anybody else ever notice that any time somebody posts here, there's the sudden scurry of little GUEST feet running in to check it out? Must have the thread triggered to blare a big AH-OOOG-AH over at MC HQ. I call it a Clusterfuck of Hovians. Nice job, Pip ~ you just nailed a 5-bagger! :lol:

Down to 1151 --- In 1151 Norse Crusaders (Jerusalem-farers) returning from the Holy Land winter in Orkney and break into Maeshowe (a chambered cairn in West Mainland Orkney) seeking shelter (see also Maeshowe's Treasure and Maeshowe's Runes).

1151 ---The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach **One Million** sightings of this thread.

P.S. This does not classify as a bump as it provides a critical update of the current countdown to One Million Views, and also an Educational Moment.

P.S. This does not classify as a bump as it provides a critical update of the current countdown to One Million Views, and also an Educational Moment.

And we know how much the cheezemanauts were big on spreading the love with the multiple educational programs they tried to propose - Oh wait, nobody stepped up to hit the paypal button to fund that part of the program... Never mind....

And we know how much the cheezemanauts were big on spreading the love with the multiple educational programs they tried to propose - Oh wait, nobody stepped up to hit the paypal button to fund that part of the program... Never mind....

Oh, I see, MaxHeadroom! The Paypal button was program-selective? So Click Once, and you cover the whole nine yards, Click Twice and you get charged double so that the educational program is funded (for example: How to survive a collision with a Maersk Freighter, or How to Communicate with Sperm Whales). That already covers the fields of Physics and Animal Psychology. The possibilities are endless!

BTW, I forgot to mention the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 (we passed that number yesterday sometime, right after the Winchester 1873 Rifle). I didn't realize how much of the current downtown Chicago was affected by that inferno. Who would have thought?

chicago_fire_il_1871_b.jpg

I just noticed that my posts are now labeling me as a "Member" rather than a "Newbie." What did I do to deserve that promotion? --# of posts, maybe... or is it my anniversary? --I joined up 08-April 09, and started posting (or mouthing off, depending on your POV) May 05 2010. When does my profile picture get to grace my display name next to the posts? Do I have to wait until I become an anarchist? I guess I am not quite there yet. :P

We now passed the # 1033 --- Acquisition of Burgundy. From the very first Conrad's policy caused discontent among the great nobles and a widespread rebellion followed. This was closely connected with, and in part caused by, the Burgundian Succession. The kings of Burgundy had been unable to check the development of feudalism in their dominions and had gradually seen the power escaping from their hands. Rudolf III, the last of the Burgundian kings, had no children and was hard pressed by his rebellious vassals and also by the possibility of his land being absorbed by France. He had turned to Henry II for aid and had promised him the succession in Burgundy. Conrad contended that he, as king of Germany, had inherited the claim, but Rudolf denied any obligation. There were three other claimants, including Duke Ernest of Swabia. Rudolf was eventually compelled to accept Conrad as his heir, and after his death, in 1033, Burgundy was annexed to Germany. (It must have been for the wine!)

1033 ---The number of viewers needed (or views, if each viewer looks more than once from a different IP address), to reach **One Million** sightings of this thread.

Great link, Sparky. Easily your most entertaining post to date.

Moxie appears to be a bit more than MC's idea of an anarchist. Think selective anarchist, backed by lucrative technical and communication skills, plus a sense of humor. He chooses between brands of anarchy at will (because he can, having done his homework), making him difficult to confuse with somebody who kinda makes surfboards awhile, studies art awhile, runs a courier service awhile, more or less lives on donations awhile, drifts on a boat awhile, loses track of time, and (shy of some pending miracle) ends up a 100% dependent "anarchist" by default.

Ignoring the backup tech skills, the two have the same generic story...turning nothing into sailing. One version works great, the other not so well. Perhaps Reid might consider studying what works, namely the Moxie's delivery and TFR sense of humor.

mox⋅ie mar⋅lin⋅spike :

One part sailor, one part hacker, one part pyrotechnician.

In my hacker life I am interested in systems programming, high performance server architecture, and computer security. The research that I publish tends to deal with secure protocols, particularly SSL/TLS as of late. I currently do security consulting and penetration testing, and additionally offer trainings on designing secure protocols. (EDIT: Cha-Ching!!!!)

In my sailing life I have a USCG Master Mariner’s license, and do yacht deliveries world wide. I am also personally interested in sailing without engines, and draw great inspiration from the likes of Moitessier as well as the entire 1969 Golden Globe crew.

Fer a Change?

do your homework city boy.

you could not have picked a story closer to my own. (haven't seen the end of the film yet)

'cept i didn't make a movie out of refitting a derilict alone @ anchor without lovely hippie chick help. and i din't sleep in any schmillionaire backyards and i restepped the mast singlehanded with a few blocks, no problemo, it was in fact a cinch-er-roo. from chainplate to masthead without a single word to anyone.

nice kids but my story slices and dices theres and is not available for public consumption.

you are a top notch jerk ducky.

go throw ice water in someone else's face brooklyn boy.

you like to ridicule us as non anarchists. you don't know what anarchy is stalkholm syndrome @sshat.

bring it.

edit: i mean really, am i supposed to be in AWE of these kids?

PIP! C'mon... I know you did all of that stuff, but these kids do have a cool story to tell and I was very happy to burn an hour watching it.... Imagine the stories they will have to tell when they finally grow up.... 4 somes on a 30 foot boat.... I wanna go back and be that kid.... Anyway Pip, summer has finally lifted down here and it's time to scrape off the hitchikers and pull the hook.... And unless you have SSB and a modem packet or a Sat Phone, no internet... Could be helpful... You can't let others influence you this much. We never buddy boat, never announce our departure to the other cruisers until we are underway, and rarely ask for advice. Why? 'Cuz you'll spend an entire winter in Ft. Dollardale waiting for perfect weather if you listen to the collective... RW will never be able to change our opinion of his zero, but I do appreciate his attempts. So while I have access, thanks Rand for the movie. Pip is just weathered and jealous - got more?

RV out!

PIP! C'mon... I know you did all of that stuff, but these kids do have a cool story to tell and I was very happy to burn an hour watching it.... Imagine the stories they will have to tell when they finally grow up.... 4 somes on a 30 foot boat.... I wanna go back and be that kid.... Anyway Pip, summer has finally lifted down here and it's time to scrape off the hitchikers and pull the hook.... And unless you have SSB and a modem packet or a Sat Phone, no internet... Could be helpful... You can't let others influence you this much. We never buddy boat, never announce our departure to the other cruisers until we are underway, and rarely ask for advice. Why? 'Cuz you'll spend an entire winter in Ft. Dollardale waiting for perfect weather if you listen to the collective... RW will never be able to change our opinion of his zero, but I do appreciate his attempts. So while I have access, thanks Rand for the movie. Pip is just weathered and jealous - got more?

RV out!

Here's a bon voyage song for you (NVH), that I hope will help you get over your loss of Internet connectivity -

Smooth sailing. RV!

In NASA-speak, we are at T minus 731 ... and counting down to the moment when 999,999 becomes ?,000,000. Replace the ? with anything, including Anti-Matter. BTW, I checked, and anti-matter actually exists, but it is short-lived, because it is quickly canceled out by matter. ...not that it matters.:huh:

ED: "A collision between protons and antiprotons creates the B meson particle and its antimatter twin. Those heavy, short-lived particles then decay almost immediately into pairs of particles known as muons, as well as their antimatter counterparts known as antimuons." --- with me so far??? B)

ED2: "When a particle and its antiparticle meet, they annihilate, releasing massive amounts of energy." Get ready for the Big Bang (and I am not talking about the Bingo Bango)!

red, in total agreement. the kids are great..it's the hovians who suck!

i am so fed up with them slamming US!

*i might elaborate later.

tend to your own weedy garden, RW! (and if you want to talk to me, pm like a normal person..i deleted your stupid message before i read it).

here you go AC..enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5X2G40uNFo

thanks gina!

here you go AC..enjoy!

I appreciate the welcome video for my "Avatar", Pipsqueak! If Lulu is really the Tiger she claims to be, then I wouldn't mind making her acquaintance someday! ;)

ED: pipsqueak, apparently Lulu was a Tigress on the Pop Charts in 1967, which does age her a bit. In 1967, Sir Francis Chichester arrived back from his Historic Circumnavigation and was knighted all in the same year.

I found this..."The film's title song "To Sir, with Love", sung by Lulu, reached number one on the U.S. pop charts, and ultimately was Billboard magazine's #1 pop single for the year, 1967."

I won't say what I was doing in that year. It might give too much away! :D

In NASA-speak, we are at T minus 579 ... and counting down to the moment when ... !@$!%&^%$r#$%&* !!

ED: Make that T minus 563 ...

ED2: Make that T minus 538 ... (at this rate, !@$!%&^%$r#$%&* might happen today or tomorrow)

ED3: Plugging the current known values (y= number of views remaining to reach 1 million views; x= time from midnight (0:01 hr) on Fri. Oct. 8, 2010) we can calculate the slope of the line in the formula y= m(x) + b, where b is the y-intercept and m is the slope. You can get the equation for the line here: Find the Equation of a Line Given That You Know a Point on the Line And Its Slope. For simplicity, I use a continuous timescale in which each hour is equivalent to 100, 1/2 hr is 50, etc. By my calculation, after having plotted the graph and determined the slope, we will reach 1 million views at 0506 CDT* Sunday morning (Oct. 10, 2010), which also happens to be 10-10-10. Is that propitious, or what?

* Assuming the current rate of views/hr.

New number = T minus 387...

Doing a more accurate linear regression analysis (available from any good database program on your PC), I get the following results:

Regression Output:

Constant 1594.8468 (Y-intercept (b) in the linear equation above)

Std Err of Y Est 68.88025

R Squared 0.9903038 (Square of the correlation between the two variables)

No. of Observations 5

Degrees of Freedom 3

X Coefficient(s) -0.285754 (Slope (m) in the linear equation above)

Std Err of Coef. 0.0163248

I now revise my previous estimate for reaching 1 million views to 0745 CDT Sunday morning (Oct. 10, 2010).

einstein.jpg

"So there!!"

thanks ac! i can really envision the collision* now!

i went to the home site looking for soy's account of 3 bangs vs the messiah's 1..there has been a complete purge of all posts about the crash.

It occurred to me that you, pipsqueak, like to have charts for visualization purposes. Well here is my chart of the above data for the linear equation, only these are the raw data points (5 so far). If you didn't follow my line of thinking, I am trying to pinpoint the time when we can look at the number 1,000,000 once and for all! My graphing program does not show the linear regression curve, which would be a straight line.

graphformillionviews.jpg

Another new data point at 307 viewers left to get to **One Million**...

Current chart shows that the views are slowing down a bit this aft. and eve. (between 3800 and 4800 hours). My new projected time for reaching 1 million views: 0812 CDT Sunday morning (Oct. 10, 2010).*

* Assuming that the rate does not speed up overnight.

graphformillionviews-a.jpg

E N T E R T A I N M E N T

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread. Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe? Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day! Why? For ENTERTAINMENT! And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated. Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment. Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures? What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different? According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer". That person is a HATER. This is Entertainment, folks! Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't. No big deal either way. This thread gives you no Entertainment? Don't come here. 1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment. Have you solved a repair issue at SA? Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics? Found the coverage of a regatta you were following? Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee? Bingo! SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible. Thanks SA! I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs. That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors? The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists. I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters". I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage. I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT? If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe! He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island? What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off? We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table. Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it. It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter. Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

Finally, I will YET AGAIN address this to Rand Weeks (and his multitude of sock puppets):

PLEASE SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF THE LIES YOU CLAIM WERE TOLD ABOUT REID STOWE IN THIS THREAD

I'm thinking.....which, by the way, I don't do well....that AC is a Hovian plant trying to dilute the message.

Don't worry, RD, I am not a plant of any kind, much less Hovian... just had some time to practise my Algebra from High School, and thought this was an interesting application. Didn't mean to dilute the message...

Carry on... I'll go back to keeping my mouth shut, if that's what you want. :P

E N T E R T A I N M E N T

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread. Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe? Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day! Why? For ENTERTAINMENT! And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated. Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment. Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures? What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different? According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer". That person is a HATER. This is Entertainment, folks! Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't. No big deal either way. This thread gives you no Entertainment? Don't come here. 1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment. Have you solved a repair issue at SA? Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics? Found the coverage of a regatta you were following? Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee? Bingo! SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible. Thanks SA! I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs. That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors? The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists. I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters". I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage. I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT? If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe! He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island? What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off? We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table. Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it. It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter. Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

Finally, I will YET AGAIN address this to Rand Weeks (and his multitude of sock puppets):

PLEASE SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF THE LIES YOU CLAIM WERE TOLD ABOUT REID STOWE IN THIS THREAD

Wow, JP, nice rage.,.... and worth the Reid read.

This has been, and will continue to be an on-line, YCMTSU, reality show and you couldn't have had a better cast --- Reid, Soanya, "The MC Players", YOU, Pip, CScow, Sailflat, Max, Rand, Nick, Tabman, Aseawolf, SeaMadness, and many, many others that I'm too drunk to remember......right now.

Great fucking fun for guys like me who don't have cable where I live in my mother's basement.

BTW- I think Scooter is expecting Obama and Bloomberg are going to be at the SA server to celebrate a million hits.

I'm thinking.....which, by the way, I don't do well....that AC is a Hovian plant trying to dilute the message.

Don't worry, RD, I am not a plant of any kind, much less Hovian... just had some time to practise my Algebra from High School, and thought this was an interesting application. Didn't mean to dilute the message...

This is SA. Don't be a pussy. Call JP a fucking douche nozzle and/or CScow a cunt, but please be nice to me. My teenage children check this thread when Nana doesn't answer the phone up in her room.

Maybe we can hang out sometime? I'd really like to learn how to sail. PM me.

What do I get if I get a screen shot of 1,000,000 views?

A pack of TFR ciggies! YOU KNOW YOU STILL WANT THEM!

biggrin.gif I think I've given up and started again and then given up again at least 3 times...

I'm just starting to get excited again 'cos its nearly Christmas...

Thanks for your posts JP its been entertaining, Cheers

This is SA. Don't be a pussy. Call JP a fucking douche nozzle and/or CScow a cunt, but please be nice to me. My teenage children check this thread when Nana doesn't answer the phone up in her room.

Maybe we can hang out sometime? I'd really like to learn how to sail. PM me.

RD, not a pussy, either, as you can see from my Avatar (or maybe a Big Pussy, who doesn't mince his words!). I don't think I have much to teach you on sailing, unless you want to discuss the time I was on an outing on my father-in-law's 25 ft. yacht, and was the last to jump onboard, only to find out that I had been our last connection to dry land, while my father-in-law was still trying to start the motor, and the wind picked up and started to blow the boat towards the nearest reef, while my sister-in-law tried to hang onto the dock from the stern, which luckily allowed us to realign the boat with the dock, followed by substantial cussing from my brother-in-law, who BTW was a sailing instructor! Need I go on??? :lol:

Sorry to intrude, folks, but I just had to correct my last chart, with proper scaling on the X-axis. Nobody else picked up that my X-axes were all out of whack, so I had to.. :P(Same legends as before and a new point to make 7 total.) I still predict the time to be about 0812 CDT Sunday morning (Oct. 10, 2010).

graph1.jpg

Call JP a fucking douche nozzle ...

I resemble that remark! Could you at least piss near the floor drain? Almost forgot ~ my friend was asking what you're doing for Christmas....

312y16r.gif

I'll be covering my dear Catholic Mother's eyes while my Catholic brother lights Menorah candles on her dining room table with his Jew wife.

They are just outside of Washington, DC.

If you're free, and Catholic, or even a Jew, let me know. My mom sets a great table, and does a hell-of-a standing rib roast.

Your mother calls herself a Catholic? MY Catholic mother would have cooked a pork roast just to smite spite those heathens! Oy vey!

I hope NickDG shows up with his rocket video to celebrate the mil. Is everybody bringing a dish to pass?

Your mother calls herself a Catholic? MY Catholic mother would have cooked a pork roast just to smite spite those heathens! Oy vey!

Ever get to the DC area, let me know. My Mom will feed you real well, slap you about for a bit because you are a harlot, drink you under the table, make you drive her to Church, and then buy you a Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's -- where she'll tell you how much better my brother did marrying a nice Jewish chick than I did marrying an Episcopalian.

PM me. I'll set it up.

My new linear regression with the latest point now shows a time of 0720 CDT this am (Sun.).... views have been picking up steam a bit, it seems. It's almost as exciting as watching the space shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral, except for the lack of sparks. If you are passing a dish around, could someone please bring Lobster Bisque (This Lobster Bisque is Better Than Sex)?

Lobster%20Bisque.jpg

My new linear regression with the latest point now shows a time of 0720 CDT this am (Sun.).... views have been picking up steam a bit, it seems. It's almost as exciting as watching the space shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral, except for the lack of sparks. If you are passing a dish around, could someone please bring Lobster Bisque (This Lobster Bisque is Better Than Sex)?

That's lobster bisque? HA!

Bisque colonic, for cripe's sake. Welcome to Manhattan.

You should be more concerned about your crabs.