• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Looks like the points are falling off my curve. Not the first time this has happened! ;)

Looks like it's happening in the next hour or two.... I have to go check my crabs, RD. :unsure:

Awwww well, more like next 2 minutes I think. Before Dawg destroys this thread, will somebody please explain CScow's beer recipe joke? I saw there was no water.... but wtf with all the guns and ammo?

Looks like the points are falling off my curve. Not the first time this has happened! ;)

Looks like it's happening in the next hour or two.... I have to go check my crabs, RD. :unsure:

Awwww well, more like next 2 minutes I think. Before Dawg destroys this thread, will somebody please explain CScow's beer recipe joke? I saw there was no water.... but wtf with all the guns and ammo?

The key to a good Tripel, I figur', is in the hops. And also the "Yeast, Not Peace" thing.

I think the guns and ammo were a distraction devised by CScow to deter us from seeing the obvious... like a smoke screen (without the signals)! :blink:

The key to a good Tripel, I figur', is in the hops. And also the "Yeast, Not Peace" thing.

:lol: You didn't get it either!

E N T E R T A I N M E N T

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread.  Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe?  Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day!  Why?  For ENTERTAINMENT!  And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated.  Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment.  Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures?  What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different?  According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer".  That person is a HATER.  This is Entertainment, folks!  Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't.  No big deal either way.  This thread gives you no Entertainment?  Don't come here.  1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment.  Have you solved a repair issue at SA?  Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics?  Found the coverage of a regatta you were following?  Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee?  Bingo!  SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible.  Thanks SA!  I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs.  That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.  

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors?  The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists.  I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters".  I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage.  I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT?  If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe!  He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island?  What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off?  We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table.  Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it.  It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter.  Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

Finally, I will YET AGAIN address this to Rand Weeks (and his multitude of sock puppets):

PLEASE SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF THE LIES YOU CLAIM WERE TOLD ABOUT REID STOWE IN THIS THREAD

And there you have it folks, all this verbiage to simply state that JPlanet is an obsessed fool who has just spent more than 3 years of her life devoted to this "entertainment".  Well everybody has to have a hobby and some of them are even strange but I guess those who collect girdles or adults who play with their Transformer toys don't make their obsession public like the intellectually impoverished Ms. Planet and her ilk.  The upside is that without Reid and his quest who knows what Planet and Pipsqueak and RD et al would get into, perhaps Reid's higher purpose was to provide a harmless outlet for the considerable energies of this lunatic fringe.  I know I sleep better knowing that Ms. Planet is at home furiously photo chopping rather than causing any kind of real mischief that obsessed individuals are wont to do.

Necessary Disclaimer:  No JPlanet, Pipsqueak, Regatta Dog and others, I am not Rand Weeks's sock puppet, I am not a Hovian, I am just a guy in Poland expressing his opinion, mkay?  You fools have more conspiracy theories than a Teabagger convention.

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread. Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe? Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day! Why? For ENTERTAINMENT! And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated. Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment. Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures? What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different? According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer". That person is a HATER. This is Entertainment, folks! Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't. No big deal either way. This thread gives you no Entertainment? Don't come here. 1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment. Have you solved a repair issue at SA? Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics? Found the coverage of a regatta you were following? Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee? Bingo! SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible. Thanks SA! I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs. That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors? The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists. I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters". I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage. I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT? If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe! He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island? What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off? We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table. Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it. It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter. Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

Finally, I will YET AGAIN address this to Rand Weeks (and his multitude of sock puppets):

PLEASE SHOW US THE EVIDENCE OF THE LIES YOU CLAIM WERE TOLD ABOUT REID STOWE IN THIS THREAD

And there you have it folks, all this verbiage to simply state that JPlanet is an obsessed fool who has just spent more than 3 years of her life devoted to this "entertainment". Well everybody has to have a hobby and some of them are even strange but I guess those who collect girdles or adults who play with their Transformer toys don't make their obsession public like the intellectually impoverished Ms. Planet and her ilk. The upside is that without Reid and his quest who knows what Planet and Pipsqueak and RD et al would get into, perhaps Reid's higher purpose was to provide a harmless outlet for the considerable energies of this lunatic fringe. I know I sleep better knowing that Ms. Planet is at home furiously photo chopping rather than causing any kind of real mischief that obsessed individuals are wont to do.

Necessary Disclaimer: No JPlanet, Pipsqueak, Regatta Dog and others, I am not Rand Weeks's sock puppet, I am not a Hovian, I am just a guy in Poland expressing his opinion, mkay? You fools have more conspiracy theories than a Teabagger convention.

And then there are the obsessed fools that reply to said post! Dickhead

And there you have it folks, all this verbiage to simply state that JPlanet is an obsessed fool who has just spent more than 3 years of her life devoted to this "entertainment". Well everybody has to have a hobby and some of them are even strange but I guess those who collect girdles or adults who play with their Transformer toys don't make their obsession public like the intellectually impoverished Ms. Planet and her ilk. The upside is that without Reid and his quest who knows what Planet and Pipsqueak and RD et al would get into, perhaps Reid's higher purpose was to provide a harmless outlet for the considerable energies of this lunatic fringe. I know I sleep better knowing that Ms. Planet is at home furiously photo chopping rather than causing any kind of real mischief that obsessed individuals are wont to do.

Necessary Disclaimer: No JPlanet, Pipsqueak, Regatta Dog and others, I am not Rand Weeks's sock puppet, I am not a Hovian, I am just a guy in Poland expressing his opinion, mkay? You fools have more conspiracy theories than a Teabagger convention.

You need some weapons? Haven't got any water, but I can set you up with a Glock.

Empty your canteen and PM me for details.

2185730553_f0236a7318_o.jpg

And there you have it folks, all this verbiage to simply state that JPlanet is an obsessed fool who has just spent more than 3 years of her life devoted to this "entertainment".  Well everybody has to have a hobby and some of them are even strange but I guess those who collect girdles or adults who play with their Transformer toys don't make their obsession public like the intellectually impoverished Ms. Planet and her ilk.  The upside is that without Reid and his quest who knows what Planet and Pipsqueak and RD et al would get into, perhaps Reid's higher purpose was to provide a harmless outlet for the considerable energies of this lunatic fringe.  I know I sleep better knowing that Ms. Planet is at home furiously photo chopping rather than causing any kind of real mischief that obsessed individuals are wont to do.

Necessary Disclaimer:  No JPlanet, Pipsqueak, Regatta Dog and others, I am not Rand Weeks's sock puppet, I am not a Hovian, I am just a guy in Poland expressing his opinion, mkay?  You fools have more conspiracy theories than a Teabagger convention.

You need some weapons?  Haven't got any water, but I can set you up with a Glock.  

Empty your canteen and PM me for details.

My goodness, that didn't take long.  If anyone had any doubts about the emotional stability of these folks, wonder no more.   If you want to run with the big dogs RD, you better learn to piss in the tall grass.  

My goodness, that didn't take long.  If anyone had any doubts about the emotional stability of these folks, wonder no more.   If you want to run with the big dogs RD, you better learn to piss in the tall grass.  

Quiz Time! Find the interesting points in the above post!

Quiz Time!  Find the interesting points in the above post!

RD has a Glock? What do I win? Cheese????

Yeah, I'm desperately trying to figure out how to fill that now empty 10 minutes/day I spent reading this thread. Well, add in the rare 3 minutes when I went to the 1000 Days website ~ don't have to worry about that any more, anyway. Transformers huh? Those are cool, but not nearly so cool as my Lego collection.

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread. Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe? Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day! Why? For ENTERTAINMENT! And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated. Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment. Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures? What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different? According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer". That person is a HATER. This is Entertainment, folks! Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't. No big deal either way. This thread gives you no Entertainment? Don't come here. 1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment. Have you solved a repair issue at SA? Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics? Found the coverage of a regatta you were following? Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee? Bingo! SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible. Thanks SA! I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs. That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors? The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists. I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters". I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage. I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT? If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe! He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island? What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off? We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table. Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it. It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter. Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

And what have you been doing, you soaking_Hovian? And to call JP intellectually impoverished further shows what a moron you are. Fucking pretend snob.

In grazing back pages to assemble my favorite chops into collages, I often encountered Hovians and Anarchists questioning the popularity and purpose of this TFR thread.  Charlie Doane and others published articles suggesting anybody that visited this thread daily, let alone posted, must surely be "dangerously obsessed". Would they have used that term had we instead gathered for a daily Love Prayer for the safety of their "American Hero" Reid Stowe?  Even the 1000 Days website asked us to visit every day!  Why?  For ENTERTAINMENT!  And just maybe we would value their offering enough to punch that Paypal button.

On his website, Reid Stowe billed 1000 DAYS as The Ultimate Reality Show, but in the end, it didn't get the high ratings (viewers) that the stars, sponsors, and production staff had anticipated.  Sucks to be them, but failure and loss frequently occur in the world of Entertainment.  Christine Aguilera's new album tanked, Tom Cruise can't carry a movie since his couch-hopping Scientology fanaticism was exposed, Roger Clemens probably used steroids, the Gosselin book didn't sell, Fonzi jumped the shark, the Detroit Lions landed in the cellar again, Pamela Anderson's new implants might be too big, George Carlin died, Ernesto wasn't able to hold onto the AC despite his legal manipulations, and that dumbfuck Tiger Woods had it all and blew it.

Have you ever discussed any of those Entertainment failures?  What exactly gave you the right to an opinion of public figures trying to SELL you their Entertainment?

Why would anybody commenting in this thread be any different?  According to the drivel doled out here and in the press by Stowe's Kool-Aid Klub, anybody not buying his PUBLIC persona and "Mission", and saying so publicly, is not "indifferent"… not "offended" … or "not so gullible as we'd prefer".  That person is a HATER.  This is Entertainment, folks!  Some thought it was worthwhile; others didn't.  No big deal either way.  This thread gives you no Entertainment?  Don't come here.  1000 Days isn't Rocket Science, isn't contributing toward World Peace, curing cancer or solving famine in Africa ~ and most certainly (IMO) is not Stowe's self-proclaimed Gift to Humanity, or worthy of any SAILING records.

There can be real benefits from the discussion of our Entertainment.  Have you solved a repair issue at SA?  Taken pleasure ripping on CLEAN's antics?  Found the coverage of a regatta you were following?  Gotten a few laughs with the mindless Entertainment you enjoyed with your morning coffee?  Bingo!  SA is designed to bring you Entertainment to the extent that you will patronize the sponsors that make it possible.  Thanks SA!  I get great information, read interesting discussion and debate, sailing news, and countless laughs here for my Entertainment time spent here!

In the case of this thread, the barrage of fodder provided by the (IMO) preachy, arrogant, and pompous posts by Stowe and Company gave it legs.  That his shady background, story inconsistencies, and possible fraud were uncovered along the way was an unfortunate (for them) side-effect.  

How long might this thread have endured without Stowe's cult regularly cruising in here with their foul-mouthed insults toward any real or imagined detractors?  The non-stop barrage by those trolls leaves me to wonder if Stowe, who was, in fact, aware of this thread, may have been a party to their actions here, as well as the criminal acts committed against Anarchists.  I might also conclude that off the record, he is equally ignorant and crude.

Regatta Dog was often painted as "Ringleader of The Haters".  I'm grateful he provided PROOF of the allegations first made by Stowe's former girlfriend regarding his prison time, lack of a non-profit 501©, and dumping of raw sewage.  I know It wasn't what you wanted to see, Mission Control, but would you rather we accept Suzanne's words as FACT?  If so, then tell us more about those underage girls getting restraining orders against Stowe!  He stole equipment from the University of Rhode Island?  What was in those Letters of Apology written to bamboozled sponsors expecting a tax write-off?  We didn't have PROOF of those things, and they were rightly removed from this Entertainment table.  Which way do you want it?

So three years ago, I tripped into the story of 1000 Days and the Entertainment to be found surrounding it.  It's still an unfinished book, and after all this time, I'll stick around to see the final chapter.  Yes indeed, it has brought me ~ to use my Weed-Speak ~ timeless laughs and great multi-faceted Entertainment that touched me on many levels.

And there you have it folks, all this verbiage to simply state that JPlanet is an obsessed fool who has just spent more than 3 years of her life devoted to this "entertainment". Well everybody has to have a hobby and some of them are even strange but I guess those who collect girdles or adults who play with their Transformer toys don't make their obsession public like the intellectually impoverished Ms. Planet and her ilk.  The upside is that without Reid and his quest who knows what Planet and Pipsqueak and RD et al would get into, perhaps Reid's higher purpose was to provide a harmless outlet for the considerable energies of this lunatic fringe.  I know I sleep better knowing that Ms. Planet is at home furiously photo chopping rather than causing any kind of real mischief that obsessed individuals are wont to do.

Necessary Disclaimer:  No JPlanet, Pipsqueak, Regatta Dog and others, I am not Rand Weeks's sock puppet, I am not a Hovian, I am just a guy in Poland expressing his opinion, mkay?  You fools have more conspiracy theories than a Teabagger convention.

And what have you been doing, you soaking_Hovian? And to call JP intellectually impoverished further shows what a moron you are. Fucking pretend snob.

I beg your pardon, I am not a fucking pretend snob, I am the real deal, a 24 karat genuine fucking snob.  Hmmph.   Also Assy, I am no more a Hovian than you are so please bite me.  BTW, RD has a Glock !

Hey Soak-Ed!

What's with your fascination with RD's Glock and defending Filipino pedophiliacs today? I was quite happy to have a Glock handed to me one dark night in the West Bank! There was that other time near Cabrini Green, but......

Just my opinion, but your Lesbian-Robot-wannabe rants against CLEAN et al, are just too-too over the top per the context. Mainly though, I hope you'll try being the REAL ED (editor) you claim to be, and learn the value and use of the thing called a PARAGRAPH.

Skip to the end, but DO remember:. THE PARAGRAPH: LEARN IT. KNOW IT. LIVE IT.

A million views. I checked with my banker in the Marshal Islands and I'm all set.

JP - You might want to touch base with Scooter. I can cover you through the banquet in Detroit, which you don't want to miss. It's a murder mystery evening where we have to figure out who killed Shife.

Clean will be there.....in the parlor.......with a pipe.

Elle's ass ---

2249495887_ed5aabf4a9_o.jpg

Swan - If Elle got the hick-ups, where would one look for the worm?

Hang in there, mate.

You're a good friend to your friend who's potentially a douche or dicked over. Regardless -- he could probably use some new socks. Buy him some socks.....just as a neighborly thing.

Cotton.

Hey Soak-Ed!

What's with your fascination with RD's Glock and defending Filipino pedophiliacs today?   I was quite happy to have a Glock handed to me one dark night in the West Bank!  There was that other time near Cabrini Green, but......

Just my opinion, but your Lesbian-Robot-wannabe rants against CLEAN et al, are just too-too over the top per the context.  Mainly though, I hope you'll try being the REAL ED (editor) you claim to be, and learn the value and use of the thing called a PARAGRAPH.

Skip to the end, but DO remember:.  THE PARAGRAPH:  LEARN IT. KNOW IT. LIVE IT.

Paragraphs????  We don't need no stinkin' paragraphs.  This is anarchy baby, not English class, jesus.  Besides JP I am NOT claiming to be an editor, my NAME is Ed, somebody as smart as you might have figured that one out.   And one last thing (Yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction, gasp!), it is pedophile, ain't no such word like you wrote.  And another one last thing, bite me!    :o

Hey Soak-Ed!

What's with your fascination with RD's Glock and defending Filipino pedophiliacs today?   I was quite happy to have a Glock handed to me one dark night in the West Bank!  There was that other time near Cabrini Green, but......

Heh, sounds like the setup for a joke...One night Regatta Dog, Cscow, Pipsqueak and JPlanet are broke and bored and RD hands JP his Glock and says "Hey, we need some money for beer, why don't you go rob the West Bank?"

Hey JP what planet are you from anyway?

Because I can see Uranus from here.

Hello, I am apologise for my English, I am Polish woman.  I am sorry for my husband to make things here, he is not taking medicine and sometimes he be a little crazy.  Eddi is good man and good sailor but when he is not taking medicine he can be dupek, i don't know what you call in English.  So, he sleep now, I put medicine in his food and he don't know this. My apologise again for him but please be patient. I cannot watch him all time.  

Hello, I am apologise for my English, I am Polish woman. I am sorry for my husband to make things here, he is not taking medicine and sometimes he be a little crazy. Eddi is good man and good sailor but when he is not taking medicine he can be dupek, i don't know what you call in English. So, he sleep now, I put medicine in his food and he don't know this. My apologise again for him but please be patient. I cannot watch him all time.

Show us those very large Polish tits! Prosze!!!???? Oh wait, just logged in to your webcam and found you cleaning house. Eddi is a very lucky bugger...

post-34100-065842900 1286801919_thumb.jpg

enough already hovian crybabies!

Stowe's America

By Will Munsil October 4, 2010 at 5:50 pm

In a younger America, Reid Stowe might have been a national hero. His name might have been a household one. He might have been the subject of casual talk. He might have met the president.

At age 55, in April of 2007, Stowe set sail on a 70-foot boat he called Anne. For over three years he floated on it, as the world went on without him. It was the longest continuous voyage at sea and the longest recorded trip ever made by a human being. He could have made a round-trip voyage to Mars in the time he was at sea. For the last two years and three months of his journey, he was alone.

A New York Magazine feature by Adam Sternbergh is a vivid depiction of the strange and timeless life of the adventurer. Titled "The Man Who Fell to Shore," it is interspersed with poetic quotations from French circumnavigator Bernard Moitessier's account of his own voyage. The feature is a commendable example of the kind of long-form journalism that should be more common than it is. It is also a reminder of our former adventurousness.

Adventurers have a special place in American lore. From Lewis and Clark to NASA and Neil Armstrong, there have always been Americans willing to explore and reach for something not everyone could see.

It seems we have lost our taste for adventure. Stowe's story received national press, but he will never be a national figure. The New York Magazine feature poignantly revealed the extent of the change in the welcome returning travelers receive. Stowe thought that the mayor of New York might meet him on his return. He dared to think the president might even be there. Instead, he was allowed only one day to moor his boat in Manhattan before he had to move it. In the crowd of 300 who met him, there were no national leaders or proud patrons.

Certainly, adventurers are not uniquely deserving of our attention. There are many things vying for it now, many more than when Charles Lindbergh and Amelia Earhart flew. We are a distracted people, and maybe we have better things to do than watch the sky or the horizon for an adventurer's return.

Perhaps there are no new frontiers. The world of Google Earth is a small one, and there are no more undiscovered countries. There is no sense of wonder when someone does something new. Kids don't spend summers finding a Guinness World Record to break.

Perhaps we know so much more of the toll adventure can take. Certainly, the bellicose adventurism of old has no place in today's world.

Stowe, like most adventurers, suffered for his vision. His trip was dangerous. He missed the births of both a child and grandchild while he floated on. He toiled, hallucinated and nearly gave up. And he was one of the adventurers lucky enough to succeed. Not all do. An American balloon team was recently lost at 10,000 feet over the Adriatic Sea while competing in a 2,000-kilometer race.

But it is comforting, somehow, to know that there are still Reid Stowes straining at the impossible for no other reason than to say they did.

(i did the bold)

Reid could have sailed for the antilles in less than two weeks after he clocked his 1000 days. he preferred to drift aimlessly in a dead zone, 'making art', admiring moldy old scrap book articles about himself and practicing/perfecting his elbow hoorah gesture (see below) to rushing home to support his family (still has no interest there) and changing diapers. as to his grandchild...yeah right. what a load of shit this article is.

keep crying hovians, it just makes your zero look even more pathetic (if that is possible).

you know Clean's voyage reminded me hovians..when is Reid going to thank the mayor of La Rochelle for his $20,000 cash donation?

reidstowesoanyaahmad006.jpg

just for fun try making this gesture. you will see how utterly fake and contrived it is!

Heh, sounds like the setup for a joke...One night Regatta Dog, Cscow, Pipsqueak and JPlanet are broke and bored and RD hands JP his Glock and says "Hey, we need some money for beer, why don't you go rob the West Bank?"

I presume you are practicing for Thursday open mic night at the Hoboken Improv. Be sure to follow up with one-liners regarding airport hassles on your way in from Poland. (The "In YOURRR country...", "In MYYYY country" shtick. Chandler digs that and I believe is one of the Hoboken-Gotz-Talent judges). Your sorority sister, FratBoy, is the only likely competitor, having nearly identical skill and delivery. You can knock him off his game by just tossing out a few tdBF comments. Good luck, break a leg.

Hey Soak-Ed!

What's with your fascination with RD's Glock and defending Filipino pedophiliacs today? I was quite happy to have a Glock handed to me one dark night in the West Bank! There was that other time near Cabrini Green, but......

Just my opinion, but your Lesbian-Robot-wannabe rants against CLEAN et al, are just too-too over the top per the context. Mainly though, I hope you'll try being the REAL ED (editor) you claim to be, and learn the value and use of the thing called a PARAGRAPH.

Paragraphs???? We don't need no stinkin' paragraphs. This is anarchy baby, not English class, jesus. Besides JP I am NOT claiming to be an editor, my NAME is Ed, somebody as smart as you might have figured that one out. And one last thing (Yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction, gasp!), it is pedophile, ain't no such word like you wrote. And another one last thing, bite me! :o

Sorry, I'll bow to your expertise on this issue.

Hey Soak-Ed!

Just my opinion, but your Lesbian-Robot-wannabe rants against CLEAN et al, are just too-too over the top per the context.  Mainly though, I hope you'll try being the REAL ED (editor) you claim to be, and learn the value and use of the thing called a PARAGRAPH.

Paragraphs????  We don't need no stinkin' paragraphs.  This is anarchy baby, not English class, jesus.  Besides JP I am NOT claiming to be an editor, my NAME is Ed, somebody as smart as you might have figured that one out.   And one last thing (Yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction, gasp!), it is pedophile, ain't no such word like you wrote.  And another one last thing, bite me!    :o

OK Ms. Planet, I am going to be serious for a minute.  No BS, no profanity, no craziness, just a serious sane discussion.  Quite a stretch for SA bit I'll try. 

You made a sarcastic remark about bowing to my expertise in pedophilia, I presume that was some kind of clever reference to any tendencies I may have in that direction.  Well the truth of the matter is I spent several years dealing with pedophiles and their victims in a therapeutic environment.   I can tell you quite honestly the experience was memorable, sometime rewarding and mostly an excruciating ordeal requiring great self control, a strong stomach and a strong psyche.  The experience has left emotional scars that probably will never heal.   I did this for six years before I had enough, my hat is off to the folks that do it for an entire career.

Most people think the word pedophile is an apt label for anyone that engages in underage sex.  Think about this for a minute.  There is a large difference between having sex with a 3 year old child and a post pubescent 15 year old.  Research has shown that pedophiles don't care so much about the sex of their victim as they do about the age.  The important thing to the pedophile is the absence of secondary sex characteristics such as pubic hair, well developed breasts etc.  If you look in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) you will find an entry for pedophilia as a mental disorder.  There is no entry labeling sex with post pubescent people as a disorder because it is not abnormal for people to have sexual thoughts and activity with individuals that are sexually mature, that is able to reproduce.  Our society has deemed it morally incorrect (and I believe rightfully so) to engage in sex with sexually mature individuals that haven't achieved a certain degree of emotional maturity, in the US the age being generally around 16-18 years old, however this standard is somewhat arbitrary given that no two people mature emotionally in the same way.  This "age of consent" can vary from country to country, culture to culture.  

So I don't disagree that mature adults preying on teenagers for sexual purposes is reprehensible behavior, but I do not (nor do mental health clinicians) agree  that it is pedophilia. That is the point I have been trying to convey.   I have dealt with pedophilia in a clinical setting, I have talked to pedophiles and their victims and I believe I can speak with a modicum of authority on this subject.   

This "age of consent" can vary from country to country, culture to culture.

Interesting presentation, Ed.

What does the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) have to say about 58 year old Sailormen taking non-sailing 23 year old girlfriends on one-way 1000+ day ocean cruises...before granting them (for instance) the basic human courtesy of a single WEEKEND of prior open water exposure and sail training?

What about Sailormen keeping a pregnant girlfriend confined in a small, constantly moving environment, feeding her salted fish, etc....staying "out there, doing it" solely to attain a world sailing vacation record? Thumbs up or thumbs down, according to DSM-IV?

Then there's that HayZeus/Boodah thing. God on God on Man Massage. Any guidance from DSM-IV?

Last but not least, what about Squawk? Any hope of recovery?

This "age of consent" can vary from country to country, culture to culture.

Interesting presentation, Ed.

What does the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) have to say about 58 year old Sailormen taking non-sailing 23 year old girlfriends on one-way 1000+ day ocean cruises...before granting them (for instance) the basic human courtesy of a single WEEKEND of prior open water exposure and sail training?

What about Sailormen keeping a pregnant girlfriend confined in a small, constantly moving environment, feeding her salted fish, etc....staying "out there, doing it" solely to attain a world sailing vacation record? Thumbs up or thumbs down, according to DSM-IV?

Then there's that HayZeus/Boodah thing. God on God on Man Massage. Any guidance from DSM-IV?

Last but not least, what about Squawk? Any hope of recovery?

Cscow, I  sense from your reply that you have the average layman's view of mental health. That is OK, many people are afraid of the subject because nobody is certain of their own sanity and the possibility of having some kind of mental health problem is quite frightening.  Please let me clear up a few things and perhaps enlighten you and others a little.  

First of all, there are many aspects to the human mind and mental health. There are many mental health problems that exist and most of them do not involve being "crazy".   A majority of the people in the world have had a mental health problem of one kind or another at some point in their life.  Most of these problems are transitory and do not cause a long term major malfunction in a persons life.  Sometimes the problem can be brief but severe or chronic and  and require some kind of treatment to include medication.   

A reliable fact of life is there are many human behaviors that many people may regard as "crazy" but these behaviors don't fit the clinical/legal definition of insanity.  In brief, insanity is a mental disease in which the afflicted person cannot determine if their actions are right or wrong according to the generally accepted definitions of society.  People who are insane live in a different world than you (I presume), and I.  

Judging by your comments, you seem to believe Reid is/was suffering from some kind of mental disorder.  I have never met Reid or talked to him so I really don't know if he is having mental health issues but some of the behaviors of his that you have pointed out could certainly be indicative of a personality disorder at the least.  One of the criteria for determining the severity of a mental health disorder, that is what separates a trait from a disorder, is does this problem severely inhibit a person's life in the following areas; Occupational, Interpersonal, and Leisure.  If the individual has a major impairment in one or more of these areas, that is they don't have any real friends, can't hold a job, spend a lot of time in jail, etc. then there is a good possibility they have a mental disorder.  Almost everybody at one time in their life will exhibit traits of various mental disorders, there fore the need to assess the severity of the behavior.  

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) is not a bible of mental health or a magic diagnostic tool, it is merely an attempt to categorize various mental health problems, provide some kind of guidance for assessing these problems and last but not least to provide a standardized and handy determination for mental health professionals to bill for their services.  

Please remember, adult humans are allowed to make their own decisions even if we don't necessarily agree with them.  What one person thinks is crazy could be another person's passion.  Some people collect stamps after all!   As long as nobody is intentionally hurting someone, and they are functioning reasonably within the rules of society and state, although we are free to criticize them if we wish, we really don't have the right to make a moral judgment about it, unless of course the individuals making the judgment has some kind of mental impairment themselves. 

I do believe Squawk is beyond help.  

it is astounding that a non profit whose stated mission is advocating for clean water would honor a man convicted of polluting the hudson river, the very location their celebration was held.

MC and Reid have pushed his (insert number) 'days off the grid' as RW loves to tell the world any chance he gets and BS hovian crybaby articles claim Reid and Soanya sit around discussing 'sustinence'. yet we have never seen a microdot of evidence of Reid's commitment to a 'green' lifestyle.

Reid chucked 3 years worth of trash directly into the sea.

the hovians should have documented the disposal of 3 years of trash (presumably at sandy hook) yet there is not one photo or word written about it.

all indications are that the schooner Anne does not have a functioning holding tank even now. (probably wired a seacock for the CG inspection and freed it since)

I challenge you HOVIANS to show us one receipt for a pump out for the Anne since her arrival on day 1152 1149 in Sandy Hook.

I challenge you Reid Stowe to show us your sanitation system on the schooner Anne.

Water Not Weapons should lose their non profit status hosting a convicted polluter as they obviously do not follow the mission statement that entitled them for the 501c3 status. What a bunch of phonies. Phil Sauers, show us one thing you have done to clean water ANYWHERE. tell us why you 'honored' someone pumping shit in the Hudson for years.

why don't you write an article about that Charlie?

Hey Soak-Ed!

Paragraphs???? We don't need no stinkin' paragraphs. This is anarchy baby, not English class, jesus. Besides JP I am NOT claiming to be an editor, my NAME is Ed, somebody as smart as you might have figured that one out. And one last thing (Yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction, gasp!), it is pedophile, ain't no such word like you wrote. And another one last thing, bite me! :o

Post of the Week.

Hey Soak-Ed!

OK Ms. Planet, I am going to be serious for a minute. No BS, no profanity, no craziness, just a serious sane discussion. Quite a stretch for SA bit I'll try.

You made a sarcastic remark about bowing to my expertise in pedophilia, I presume that was some kind of clever reference to any tendencies I may have in that direction. Well the truth of the matter is I spent several years dealing with pedophiles and their victims in a therapeutic environment. I can tell you quite honestly the experience was memorable, sometime rewarding and mostly an excruciating ordeal requiring great self control, a strong stomach and a strong psyche. The experience has left emotional scars that probably will never heal. I did this for six years before I had enough, my hat is off to the folks that do it for an entire career.

Was this court ordered time?

Hey Soak-Ed!

Paragraphs????  We don't need no stinkin' paragraphs.  This is anarchy baby, not English class, jesus.  Besides JP I am NOT claiming to be an editor, my NAME is Ed, somebody as smart as you might have figured that one out.   And one last thing (Yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction, gasp!), it is pedophile, ain't no such word like you wrote.  And another one last thing, bite me!    :o

OK Ms. Planet, I am going to be serious for a minute.  No BS, no profanity, no craziness, just a serious sane discussion.  Quite a stretch for SA bit I'll try.

You made a sarcastic remark about bowing to my expertise in pedophilia, I presume that was some kind of clever reference to any tendencies I may have in that direction.  Well the truth of the matter is I spent several years dealing with pedophiles and their victims in a therapeutic environment.   I can tell you quite honestly the experience was memorable, sometime rewarding and mostly an excruciating ordeal requiring great self control, a strong stomach and a strong psyche.  The experience has left emotional scars that probably will never heal.   I did this for six years before I had enough, my hat is off to the folks that do it for an entire career.

Jeebus Chinabald, I'll bet being bald you look like a real dickhead because you sure act like one.

cb..don't fight with a troll.

Sweetie, you better up your meds.  I made a personal disclosure about a painful subject and sino-bald-dickhead made 2 snide remarks.  I responded with snide remarks of my own, hardly trolling.  Sally Struthers is calling you, go see what she wants.  

cb..don't fight with a troll.

Sweetie, you better up your meds. I made a personal disclosure about a painful subject and sino-bald-dickhead made 2 snide remarks. I responded with snide remarks of my own, hardly trolling. Sally Struthers is calling you, go see what she wants.

soak_ed, you don't understand a lick of what's being said here.

pete seeger is listed as co founder of WNW. i don't think he has a clue of what the hell they are doing.

he is an american icon. it's great to see him still 'doing it' @ (i believe) 91 years of age.

OK Ms. Planet, I am going to be serious for a minute. No BS, no profanity, no craziness, just a serious sane discussion. Quite a stretch for SA bit I'll try.

You made a sarcastic remark about bowing to my expertise in pedophilia, I presume that was some kind of clever reference to any tendencies I may have in that direction. Well the truth of the matter is I spent several years dealing with pedophiles and their victims in a therapeutic environment. I can tell you quite honestly the experience was memorable, sometime rewarding and mostly an excruciating ordeal requiring great self control, a strong stomach and a strong psyche. The experience has left emotional scars that probably will never heal. I did this for six years before I had enough, my hat is off to the folks that do it for an entire career.

Jeebus Chinabald, I'll bet being bald you look like a real dickhead because you sure act like one.

I am not the one who wrote a weasely sounding sentence that looks like it was written to imply certain things but probably means something else.

Since you replied and did not answer the question I will guess it was yes.

OK Ms. Planet, I am going to be serious for a minute.  No BS, no profanity, no craziness, just a serious sane discussion.  Quite a stretch for SA bit I'll try. 

You made a sarcastic remark about bowing to my expertise in pedophilia, I presume that was some kind of clever reference to any tendencies I may have in that direction.  Well the truth of the matter is I spent several years dealing with pedophiles and their victims in a therapeutic environment.   I can tell you quite honestly the experience was memorable, sometime rewarding and mostly an excruciating ordeal requiring great self control, a strong stomach and a strong psyche.  The experience has left emotional scars that probably will never heal.   I did this for six years before I had enough, my hat is off to the folks that do it for an entire career.

I am not the one who wrote a weasely sounding sentence that looks like it was written to imply certain things but probably means something else.

Sigh, listen,  if the sentence you highlighted in bold is the "weasely sounding" one, it means exactly what I said.  I spent six years in the US Army doing mental health therapy with a variety of clients to include pedophiles and their victims.   I think you have exhausted the comedic as well as sarcastic potential of my post so I think we can end this discussion now.   The next time I make any statement about my life I assure you I will clear it with you first for fact checking and clarity.  Had I known this was required I would have done it sooner.  Asshole.

It's just more SNAFU Hovian Hypocrisy, Pip ..........

Weed and Soanya hated being forced to Hoboken for the year prior to departure. The engine was flooded and needed expensive repair. Soy said only "a few still loyal friends" bothered to visit. Weed said they were at their darkest moment, couldn't pay their bills, and "nobody would return my pleading calls". (Quite a comedown from his days as the dashing Captain Stowe cruising the Hamptons in his Rolls.)

- They lived "off the grid", but that's your only choice if you can't afford electricity. Weed-Spin calls that "Sustainability"

- They had a huge stash of parmesan cheese, donated beans, and oatmeal, but most likely couldn't afford meat, fish, or fowl. Weed-Spin proclaims they are "Vegetarians" ~ and how did his vision of the floating platter of BBQ spare-ribs break up his man-massage from Jesus and Buddha?

- Soanya often expressed her disdain for "commercialism", but said her first order of business after getting home was to spend 6 months on the couch watching all the TV shows the family had recorded for her.

- She chastised society over our wasteful water usage, but was doing her part by limiting her showers to 20 minutes.

- Weed ate "like a king" with the FINEST cheese, donated beans and oatmeal, and fish pulled out of fish guts. Indeed it was the best ~ because it was all he had.

- He ate the "healthiest diet" imaginable without a need for vitamins.... and was missing at least 3 teeth when he returned.

It's just more SNAFU Hovian Hypocrisy, Pip ..........

Weed and Soanya hated being forced to Hoboken for the year prior to departure. The engine was flooded and needed expensive repair. Soy said only "a few still loyal friends" bothered to visit. Weed said they were at their darkest moment, couldn't pay their bills, and "nobody would return my pleading calls". (Quite a comedown from his days as the dashing Captain Stowe cruising the Hamptons in his Rolls.)

- They lived "off the grid", but that's your only choice if you can't afford electricity. Weed-Spin calls that "Sustainability"

- They had a huge stash of parmesan cheese, donated beans, and oatmeal, but most likely couldn't afford meat, fish, or fowl. Weed-Spin proclaims they are "Vegetarians" ~ and how did his vision of the floating platter of BBQ spare-ribs break up his man-massage from Jesus and Buddha?

- Soanya often expressed her disdain for "commercialism", but said her first order of business after getting home was to spend 6 months on the couch watching all the TV shows the family had recorded for her.

- She chastised society over our wasteful water usage, but was doing her part by limiting her showers to 20 minutes.

- Weed ate "like a king" with the FINEST cheese, donated beans and oatmeal, and fish pulled out of fish guts. Indeed it was the best ~ because it was all he had.

- He ate the "healthiest diet" imaginable without a need for vitamins.... and was missing at least 3 teeth when he returned.

Applause applause, JP. (Not sarcastic clapping - this is a genuine bravo to your succinctly put points.) Still have yet to see any good acts come from of those two that tangibly help others besides themselves. Making appearances because you're the "honored" guest isn't actually doing anything to help any cause.

On a side note, I'm glad this thread exists, not so much because it is (or isn't) about Reid, but because it mostly exposes the ridiculousness of blind hero worship and crediting people who claim to have accomplished far more than they really did. I've read a few posts that question the value and raison d'etre of this thread and although it exists in a very narrowly defined universe, i.e. a sailing forum, what all of you are doing (with the exception of a few) is what we should all be doing, which is to question anyone who makes grand claims about themselves and spins truths. Smart people ask questions and when things don't add up, they point it out. That's essentially how Enron collapsed. You people not only say the emperor is naked, you also provide solid proof and have a sense of humor about it. Bravo everyone. Keep it up!

The thing that fascinates me about this thread is how easy Reid makes it for all his detractors. My mind's not made up about whether he's really bad at self-promotion, or really good. Ironically, it's one his supporters who said it best when he pointed out that Reid is abrasively boastful when he talks about the kind of things that most people approach humbly, e.g. religion, mysticism, meditation. Reid's lack of polish may appear refreshing and likable to some, but eventually, it is his downfall. He may have charmed one guy with his misspelled proposal, but it doesn't cut it in the real world of corporate sponsorship, which is his true target.

Finally, I don't know if anyone already addressed this in a previous post but it bothered me that Reid bought a stove with Soanya's credit card. Doesn't he have a history of women buying him things and doing major work for him? Two things that come to mind are the carvings on his schooner done by Iris, which he claims he did, and the life raft his other ex-wife bought him before he went on his 3 year vacation, which didn't look cheap. I have no idea whether Reid helps Soanya out with her own expenses, or if their combined earnings, if any, are pooled together. Obviously he doesn't have a credit card because that only tethers him closer to the IRS and other agencies he wants to avoid, and his credit is foul. I just hope for Soanya that 1) he doesn't foul up her credit as well, especially with her being so young and having a kid and 2) it doesn't end up where 10 years later Reid is boasting about his awesome stove that he worked so hard to get to his 18 year old girlfriend who never heard of Soanya.

I imagine that without a job or steady income that getting a credit card would be pretty difficult, even for a World Ocean's Hero. The thing that has always amused me the most about Stowe is how he inflates the importance of and exaggerates everything, and his grandiose proclamations. Drifting around for extended periods is the greatest sailing achievement, no one else in the world could possibly do what he is doing, bla bla bla.

I imagine that without a job or steady income that getting a credit card would be pretty difficult, even for a World Ocean's Hero. The thing that has always amused me the most about Stowe is how he inflates the importance of and exaggerates everything, and his grandiose proclamations. Drifting around for extended periods is the greatest sailing achievement, no one else in the world could possibly do what he is doing, bla bla bla.

It absolutely IS laughable!

Drifting = Alone in a high-performance death-defying environment!

Yoga ~ He doesn't "practice yoga". Nooooo ~ his are always VERY POWERFUL YOGA TECHNIQUES.

Religion ~ He believes in all gods, and their unspeakably eternal and magical message conveyed to to him like the mystic shaman through all of mankind's mysterious ages that left his people to return to his culture with new wisdom! SAY WHAT? There is NEVER a real message!

Success! ~ "By that time we realized we were doing something for Humanity that was major, and it was necessarily that people could understand it.... they're supposed to grasp it, but they don't get it.... We were nourishing the spirit of Mankind."

Family Love ~ Try to package and sell the "Mission" as based on Family Love ~ from the jerk that didn't support his daughter, admittedly "wasn't there for her" growing up, dumped his new baby mama off in Australia, and then said about his new son: "mistakes happen". He owed his vacation escape to Mom and Dad nicking their retirement fund to pay off his engine repair bill. Yes, Family Love!

I could go on and on. You can only shake your head and laugh ~ mainly about the gullibility factor of his supporters. Ed enlightened us [see below] regarding the right to make moral judgments, that implies those individuals have "some kind of mental impairment themselves".

BINGO Ed! You see Ed, your definition must also include those having a FAVORABLE moral judgment (though I'm not sure that was your intent). I have very often been left to wonder how Weed's cult could overlook the proofs of his narcissistic control over them ~ you've explained it!

Please remember, adult humans are allowed to make their own decisions even if we don't necessarily agree with them. What one person thinks is crazy could be another person's passion. Some people collect stamps after all! As long as nobody is intentionally hurting someone, and they are functioning reasonably within the rules of society and state, although we are free to criticize them if we wish, we really don't have the right to make a moral judgment about it, unless of course the individuals making the judgment has some kind of mental impairment themselves.

Jplanet and a few others here ought to collaborate to pen the non-fiction "Book of Weird Stooge".

You can self publish, and lots off SA'er here will want the coffee table version with all the photo chops!!

Sigh, listen, if the sentence you highlighted in bold is the "weasely sounding" one, it means exactly what I said. I spent six years in the US Army doing mental health therapy with a variety of clients to include pedophiles and their victims. I think you have exhausted the comedic as well as sarcastic potential of my post so I think we can end this discussion now. The next time I make any statement about my life I assure you I will clear it with you first for fact checking and clarity. Had I known this was required I would have done it sooner. Asshole.

Here we go. Reid is about get some press.

BINGO Ed!  You see Ed, your definition must also include those having a FAVORABLE moral judgment (though I'm not sure that was your intent).  I have very often been left to wonder how Weed's cult could overlook the proofs of his narcissistic control over them ~ you've explained it!

Please remember, adult humans are allowed to make their own decisions even if we don't necessarily agree with them.  What one person thinks is crazy could be another person's passion.  Some people collect stamps after all!   As long as nobody is intentionally hurting someone, and they are functioning reasonably within the rules of society and state, although we are free to criticize them if we wish, we really don't have the right to make a moral judgment about it, unless of course the individuals making the judgment has some kind of mental impairment themselves.

Absolutely JP, no disagreement from me there.

Cscow, I  sense from your reply that you have the average layman's view of mental health.

Well yeah. That plus an undergrad degree in psych (second major), which as you know is only a few random classroom appearances, term papers, and cases of beer (probably Miller or Bud, not Belgian) away from a Masters.

That is OK...nobody is certain of their own sanity

Particularly 90% of psych majors...but please proceed.

...There are many mental health problems...most of them do not involve being "crazy".

Very true, hands down. Take Squawk for example...

...these behaviors don't fit the clinical/legal definition of insanity. In brief, insanity is a mental disease in which the afflicted person cannot determine if their actions are right or wrong  

Which is why I've never suggested Weed is mentally ill or "crazy". If he didn't know better, he might randomly, months/years prior to the vacation, take the apparent love of his life offshore for some random number of hours/days open water sailing before leaving for 1000 days. In which case she might have at least random opportunity to gain a mild clue what she was in for, in advance.

Granted, maybe the thought never crossed the world class vacationing Sailorman's mind. Equally or more probable, since he's not mentally ill...he calculated or knew damned well she would never go if she had any approximate idea what she was in for, thus kept her in the dark until she was solely dependent on him. Criminal? Nope. Insane? Nope. Just a dumbassed, incredibly selfish idea. (For reference, I would say the same if the novice was SparkyWag, Chandler, or anyone else. Soanya being a young female adds drama but is not the entire point).

...does this problem severely inhibit a person's life in the following areas; Occupational, Interpersonal, and Leisure.  

Those appear to be one area to Weed, not three....emphasis on the latter, at the expense of the former two.

...adult humans are allowed to make their own decisions even if we don't necessarily agree with them.  What one person thinks is crazy could be another person's passion.

Which is where (when in doubt) the Mother Bear test comes into play. Mother Bear standing next to her cub while Sailorman is off sailing around the Horn, minding his own business while Mother Bear minds hers....obviously no problem. Sailorman instead happens to mess with Mother Bear's cub, while a generation of washed out Hoboken hippies fail to figure out ANY sense or definition of right/wrong...well, for millions of years, Mother Bears have solved that infinitely perplexing New Age question in surprisingly short order, independent of mental-health or other humanitarian aspects, without losing too much sleep at night.

Soanya was and fortunately appears to remain her parent's passion, countered by Weed's passion for messing with younger non-sailing women/girls lives. One or the other is acceptable, i.e. relatively "crazy" (or not). Personally, I'm a bit amazed the guy is still physically alive. One can only assume Soanya's parents correctly recognize the selfish asshole is also the father of their grandson, for better or worse. As you point out, in other cultures... other neighborhoods of other cities or towns... Weed wouldn't be grinning at Hovian staged photo ops, due to lack of teeth (at a minimum).

As a serious sidenote to your earlier exchange with JP, can I assume you've seen the Kevin Bacon & wife (Kyra Sedgwick?) movie "The Woodsman", in which Bacon plays a pedophile recently released from prison? If so, what did you think? Personally, my base opinion remains (see Mother Bear test) but that movie provided reason to pause. Highly recommended for anyone interested in difficult mental health aspects Mr. Ed is referring to. Likewise for anyone who, like me (until this movie), assumed Kevin Bacon is just a fluff actor. One of the most difficult movies I've ever seen and, in many respects, among the best in terms of directing, pure acting ability, etc. Hollywood completely shunned it due to the non-fluff topic...typically a good sign.

Speaking of movies, did they finish singing the last verse of "Give Peace A Chance" yet? (Started the video 10AM this morning. Quit at noon, no end in sight). Did Pete make it all the way through....or get bored, put down his banjo, take a nap, wake up, look around, pull out his Glock, and go searching for clean water?

Can I get some cliff notes?

I see "couple sail for 1000 days"

Tits

"Girl gets knocked up" that makes sense.

Tits

then

"I have a gun"

more tits.

Can someone please tie these all together for me?

Paging Wofsey, paging Mike Wofsey. Someone wants "cliff" notes

Well you know there Normy you can start by STFU and GTFO, or post some tit pictures yourself.

Can I get some cliff notes?

I see "couple sail for 1000 days"

Tits

"Girl gets knocked up" that makes sense.

Tits

then

"I have a gun"

more tits.

Can someone please tie these all together for me?

Paging Wofsey, paging Mike Wofsey. Someone wants "cliff" notes

Well you know there Normy you can start by STFU and GTFO, or post some tit pictures yourself.

Y'know Normy, I would like to help you, but even I can only do so much.

In the case of this thread, there is only one cliff that is relevant ...

park-truck-down-cliff-towing-boat.jpg

IMO, the bottom line is this simple: Weed always has and always will use any gimmick or spiritual-babble that sells in order to get his hands on sucker's other's cash and donations. All he wants is to stay out to sea, by whatever means it takes, and preferably with much-younger newbies who will completely buy into his Sailorman Godliness.

Who here thinks Reid deserves a little more front page on SA than he gets?? I for one sure do. Most popular thread ever, and a feat that may never be beat by anyone. I vote it to the FRONT PAGE!!! Rock on Reid. Rock on.:ph34r:B)

...and what's wrong with that??:unsure:

I'm with crusty er, I mean Salty on this one.  I don't see a downside actually.

I think I'm seeing some light now. JPlanet is pissed because Reid chose Soanya instead of herself.  Yeah, it's all coming together now, the obsessive posting, the obsessive collages, the anger, the hatred.  JP is jealous!!!!!

I'm with crusty er, I mean Salty on this one. I don't see a downside actually.

I think I'm seeing some light now. JPlanet is pissed because Reid chose Soanya instead of herself. Yeah, it's all coming together now, the obsessive posting, the obsessive collages, the anger, the hatred. JP is jealous!!!!!

Nothing, as long as those as those donating know what they are contributing to upfront. But when you pitch potential sponsors claiming that certain things will happen, like a number of circumnavigations, scientific experiments in climate and conditions, classroom sessions for kids, detailed observations about the effects of long term isolation, etc. and drift around for extended periodss doing yoga and spouting psuedo spiritual hipple love spew and none of these things happen, then those that donated have a right to feel slighted.

For instance (hypothetically speaking), if Cscow came up with a plan to drift around for 1,000 days in a MacGregor 65 doing research into beer, hockey, along with scientific experiments about zebra mussels and other invasive species, long term water levels and global warming and called it the Journey to the Center Of The Mind, I would probably donate. If instead, he spent the time continuously brewing and drinking beer and singing Water Not Weapons karaoke while dressed in a Black Hawks jersey, I would probably be a bit miffed. I would definitely like some of the beer, but I would think my donation had been used for something other than I intended.

For instance (hypothetically speaking), if Cscow came up with a plan to drift around for 1,000 days in a MacGregor 65 and a Black Hawks jersey, doing research into beer, hockey, along with scientific experiments about zebra mussels and other invasive species, long term water levels and global warming and called it the Journey to the Center Of The Mind, I would probably donate. If instead, he spent the time continuously brewing and drinking beer and singing Water Not Weapons karaoke while dressed like Don Cherry, I would probably be a bit miffed. I would definitely like some of the beer, but I would think my donation had been used for something other than I intended.

if he does all that and on top of that would achieve in sperminating a couple of floozies along the way I'll donate too and throw in a couple of crates of tripels (what's preferred, Westmalle or Westvleteren ?) , sure beats the sprouts.

where is that paypal button ? :D

I'm with crusty er, I mean Salty on this one. I don't see a downside actually.

I think I'm seeing some light now. JPlanet is pissed because Reid chose Soanya instead of herself. Yeah, it's all coming together now, the obsessive posting, the obsessive collages, the anger, the hatred. JP is jealous!!!!!

That's weak, Ed. Really.

Nothing, SS, if Weed had simply been honest. Instead, he and Soanya were "healing society" (whatever that means). He said corporations didn't sponsor him because they couldn't understand ~ "no one had ever thought of this before", and also because it was "too high risk to attract specific sponsorship and professional support and recognition". Wrong....... people simply thought the "scientific mission" was inane, and corporations would rightly be concerned that his pompous spiritual babble might be offensive to their customers.

But who wouldn't understand this: I WANT TO BREAK A SAILING DURATION RECORD!

But think about it, JP. Who really cares about sailing records (especially endurance ones) other than sailors?. Corporations are not going to donate for something so blatantly self serving with such a small target audience, and most sailors view Stowe with a range from bemusement to apathy to hostility. I would guess that a very small percentage really identify with Stowe as a great sailor, or some one they look up to.

:huh: Reid has set the biggest record in sailing though! How can you not be immpressed by it? Who cares how fast you get from A to B. really? His records will stand for a long time.

we've caught Reid in so many lies, there is no reason to believe he even did the 1000 days without stopping or assistance.

his gps went unaccountably offline when he was less than one hundred miles off shore and when it came back up 10 days whatever later (equally mysteriously), he and Soybean were chomping on pumpkin seeds, coincedentally the major export of the nearest country. He seemed to jill around the galapagos and bermuda for unknown reasons for weeks..and his uncle (on a sailboat) or his pal (also on a sailboat) were coincedentally always within a stone's throw.

we know Soybean has no qualms lying either..she told NPR the same bs 'seasick' story when her pregnancy had been confirmed by a dr. in AU.

Reid is a proven pathological liar. why should anyone take his word for 'unassisted' or 'never touched terra firma'?

some hero you've got there SS.

:huh: Reid has set the biggest record in sailing though! How can you not be immpressed by it? Who cares how fast you get from A to B. really? His records will stand for a long time.

What is more impressive, driving your car from New York to Los Angeles, or sitting in your car in your driveway for a week?

What is more impressive, driving your car from New York to Los Angeles, or sitting in your car in your driveway for a week?

Good analogy, barley!