Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Now that your anti-hero has safely returned from more than 1,000 days sailing virtually singlehandedly, and reunited with his (college graduate) child common law bride and partially circumnavigated in the womb son, how about re-starting this thread from the beginning and working within the framework of the facts as we know them?

I mean this thread is an all time monster. It's one for the ages, meant to out last all others, this web of intrigue, endless speculation, (un)usually harsh judgements, and tribute to the power of the anonymous individual to purposefully ferret out endless amounts of useless information that serves to feed into a group obsession of millions (okay maybe a bit less and a lot of multiple postings) of sailing anarchists dedicated for life (?) to following the continuing story of one poor and threadbare sailor, in his quest for greatness, unqualified love, and self promotion on a scale seldom seen in a live aboard cruiser keeping his head above the waterline. If the group helping Reid drank the cool aid and are called Hovians, what pray tell should we call this dedicated corps of Reid Stowe, Couple Cruise For A Thousand Days Thread sailing enthusiasts?

/quote

Sorry, but your FACTS must be qualified, RW.........

1. Your hero was NOT sailing for much of the 1,000 (whatever many) days. Keeping that boat afloat was no doubt hard work, but Stowe was not SAILING for well over half of those days, and now IMO, he's undeserving of sailing records.

2. Yep ~ once Soanya adds two more years to her Associates Degree she will indeed be what most consider a "college graduate".

3. The partially-circumnavigated-in-the-womb son and mother didn't have a lick of support either physically or financially from his father for nearly two years (much spent sails down). I'd cross that item off your brag list when you try to appeal to women, especially mothers.

And since you're back, I will YET AGAIN ask you to point out the lies you claim were told about Reid Stowe in this thread.

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Geezus Pipshit, you gotta chill out!! Go start your own thread somewhere else. Let's get this thread turned around! It's had over 1,000,000 views now. Wolfsey was right on and really always has been. I will miss his first hand knowledge and whitty come backs. He was the best.

So what is Reid up to? Does anyone know when and where any public apprearances may be? I feel sure that he did what he said he did. For me there is no doubt. I'd like to hear first hand accounts and a question/answer forum. Anyone know of anything like this. I think have one on SA would be the shizzle. :)

Geezus Pipshit, you gotta chill out!! Go start your own thread somewhere else. Let's get this thread turned around! It's had over 1,000,000 views now. Wolfsey was right on and really always has been. I will miss his first hand knowledge and whitty come backs. He was the best.

So what is Reid up to? Does anyone know when and where any public apprearances may be? I feel sure that he did what he said he did. For me there is no doubt. I'd like to hear first hand accounts and a question/answer forum. Anyone know of anything like this. I think have one on SA would be the shizzle. :)

Salty,

Just Google "Reid Stowe" and see what comes up.

rsg.jpg

So you have no doubt that Jesus and Buddha massaged Reid's arms?. Or that he capsized (not a knockdown, capsized) near the Horn?. Or that the Maersk ship hit him, and not the other way around?. You really believe that Parmigiano Reggiano is the king of cheeses?. Ha.

Pipshit? Now really Salty. A bit harsh don't you think.?

Pip has simply offered opinion to which we are all entitled and presented publicly available information regarding Stowe. I'm sure what you and most Hovians find most annoying about the posts is Pip's ability to sort through Weid's old statements/claims and juxtapose them against current offerings. The Moitessier "meeting" being the most recent example. Great stuff. Stowe always has been the cause of his own undoing and the beat goes on.

post-26600-048369900 1287838674_thumb.jpgpost-26600-092052400 1287838605_thumb.jpg

So you have no doubt that Jesus and Buddha massaged Reid's arms?. Or that he capsized (not a knockdown, capsized) near the Horn?. Or that the Maersk ship hit him, and not the other way around?. You really believe that Parmigiano Reggiano is the king of cheeses?. Ha.

http://www.google.co...-8&q=reid+stowe

post-26600-092052400 1287838605_thumb.jpg

I feel sure that he did what he said he did. For me there is no doubt.

The thought of Salty as a registered voter...

Granted, only for HS Prom King & Queen....but still.

SparkyWolf, I assume you meant to post this Google search link ("Reid Stowe"), listing 8,820 links to all ten MC press releases (88 times each), as opposed to the 409,000 hits your search implies.

Sadly, a search of "reid stowe" "squawk" only returns (56) hits. There is no justice in this Google world. Only a link to a lone photo of pensive Squawk, reflecting on former glory days.

Speaking of Google, if thinking of booking a winter ski vacation you can kill two birds with one stone by searching for "Reid Stowe Resort Vermont". The shorter "Reid Stowe Vermont" doesn't quite cut it....returns silly links like this within the first 8 hits.

I feel sure that he did what he said he did. For me there is no doubt.

The thought of Salty as a registered voter...

Granted, only for HS Prom King & Queen....but still.

SparkyWolf, I assume you meant to post this Google search link ("Reid Stowe"), listing 8,820 links to all ten MC press releases (88 times each), as opposed to the 409,000 hits your search implies.

Sadly, a search of "reid stowe" "squawk" only returns (56) hits. There is no justice in this Google world. Only a link to a lone photo of pensive Squawk, reflecting on former glory days.

Speaking of Google, if thinking of booking a winter ski vacation you can kill two birds with one stone by searching for "Reid Stowe Resort Vermont". The shorter "Reid Stowe Vermont" doesn't quite cut it....returns silly links like this within the first 8 hits.

Type in ("Bobby Stowe" Vermont marijuana arrest). "Robert S Stowe"FindACase™ UNITED STATES v. MALING.htm is Reid's brother & co-builder of Tantra.

Alright, call me Hovian if you wish - but let's send this guy back out there. If everyone just coughed up a hundred bucks and some sprout seeds, we could do this all over again. SALTY, Rand, Sparky da Ho and even RD, c'mon man - my wife spends more to play Fantasy Football for just one year... Let's pool our assets. I hear cheese is on sale this time of year and uh, Reid and Soy Toy should head south for the winter anyway - too cold in NYC.... Perhaps Tania Aebi, I mean Pippy, could rendevous with Anne and they could scrape barnicles together.

I think redviking is onto something. We've all enjoyed three years + of our intrepid traveler. This winter is looking quite dull without DT, TinCan or Stowe.

What other thread has the potential?

SA should step up and sponsor him, and then we can all get back to one of our favorite winter pastimes.

I think redviking is onto something.

If he hurries, Reid can reenact (this time film, for $$$) Anne's 720-degree knockdowns... possibly without leaving Navy Pier.

As for flotilla boats:

Barley already has dibs on the Hobie.

(Hobie killed Barley! You Bastards!!!)

Canoe is booked. I'm taking the opportunity to learn fly-fishing.

Leaving the Snark or a park district rental Moth.

What's yer preference, Great Lakes Sparky?

Alright, call me Hovian if you wish - but let's send this guy back out there. If everyone just coughed up a hundred bucks and some sprout seeds, we could do this all over again. SALTY, Rand, Sparky da Ho and even RD, c'mon man - my wife spends more to play Fantasy Football for just one year... Let's pool our assets. I hear cheese is on sale this time of year and uh, Reid and Soy Toy should head south for the winter anyway - too cold in NYC.... Perhaps Tania Aebi, I mean Pippy, could rendevous with Anne and they could scrape barnicles together.

I'm in!! I would love to have a banner on that boat. But I'm sure that his record will stand for decades so I'm guessing his job is done. But if he needed to do it again I bet he could, no problem. B)

Today would be the day for the 720, 70 degrees, gusting to 60 knots. Even the ferrosprout contraption could hit six knots.

Christ, if he hit five knots, he would be in the 4th mode.... six knots and he no doubt starts to fold space & time

Today would be the day for the 720, 70 degrees, gusting to 60 knots. Even the ferrosprout contraption could hit six knots.

Christ, if he hit five knots, he would be in the 4th mode.... six knots and he no doubt starts to fold space & time

Think the towed electrical generator would reach 1.21 Gigawatts?.

But I'm sure that his record will stand for decades so I'm guessing his job is done.

I hate to burst your bubble there SS, but the official record for pole sitting is 37 years by Saint Simeon Stylites or Symeon the Stylite circa AD 422 - 459, which is the nearest thing to what Reid actually accomplished. Reid's only got another 12,500 or so days to go, so get him back out there!

I'm not sure why everyone always brings up Reids speed? Who cares how fast he goes, he's not in a speed race. He out there for the long haul. And is that respect he HAULED ASS!!!:P

Can't wait until the book comes out. :)

Sounds like he has a good land life now too. Right on Reid!!

I'm not sure why everyone always brings up Reids speed? Who cares how fast he goes, he's not in a speed race. He out there for the long haul. And is that respect he HAULED ASS!!!:P

I was in the head and found this comment in the September issue of Yachting World and I thought of you Sorta Salty:blink:

"A genius for self-absorbtion?

You know those ever-so-witty signs, usually in a certain kind of shop that say 'You don't have to be mad to work here but it helps'? I must admit that I can't help thinking the same way about indeterminately long ocean voyages.

I do think it is both mad and mad making to go to sea alone for three years, with no other goal in mind than duration. It's like volunteering to enter a sea coma, a form of life stasis.

That's what American sailor Reid Stowe has done, spending 1152 days under sail without stopping. And incredibly he managed to create a baby on the way round and a turn of events that avoided changing any nappies, feeding, undertaking any child care, spending a single cent or earning any sort of living.

That takes a kind of selfish genius, does it not?"

Elaine Bunting

So Stowe completing one circumnavigation in 1,152 days, and drifting aimlessly for a large percentage of his voyage is more impressive than Jon Saunders completing two circumnavigations in 419 days 81/82, and three circumnavigations in 86/87 in 657 days?.

Sure. Don't choke on the Kool-Aid, Sparky.

Are you for real? You're just so damn silly!

I was in the head and found this comment in the September issue of Yachting World and I thought of you Sorta Salty:blink:

"A genius for self-absorbtion?

You know those ever-so-witty signs, usually in a certain kind of shop that say 'You don't have to be mad to work here but it helps'? I must admit that I can't help thinking the same way about indeterminately long ocean voyages.

I do think it is both mad and mad making to go to sea alone for three years, with no other goal in mind than duration. It's like volunteering to enter a sea coma, a form of life stasis.

That's what American sailor Reid Stowe has done, spending 1152 days under sail without stopping. And incredibly he managed to create a baby on the way round and a turn of events that avoided changing any nappies, feeding, undertaking any child care, spending a single cent or earning any sort of living.

That takes a kind of selfish genius, does it not?"

Elaine Bunting

Not surprised those words came from a woman. I've always contended Weed will be a hard sell to women ~ his pompous photo posing and preaching, the 54 yr old taking a 22 yr old with zero open water experience along on his "mission", then dumping her off pregnant in Australia, using the term "mistakes happen' in announcing Darshen's birth, and then as Elaine said above ~ no involvement for the first two years of his life, not to mention his "woman waits for her man" crap line of thinking. That's all a huge turn-off BEFORE they've heard a word about unpaid child support or his past history with women.

HAPPY BIRFDAY RD!

Just opened the November issue of WindCheck. Page 9 -

"Singles Under Sail is hosting a multi-media presentation by long distance sailor, boat builder, artist, environmentalist, author and visionary Reid Stowe at 7:30pm on Thursday, November 18 at the Hyatt Regency in Greenwich, CT. The sponsor is Singles Under Sail."

"blah blah collision, blah blah drop Soanya, blah blah son born, blah blah record, blah blah Mars then Love Voyage, blah blah rogue wave, blah blah"

Admission is $10.00.

Just opened the November issue of WindCheck. Page 9 -

"Singles Under Sail is hosting a multi-media presentation by long distance sailor, boat builder, artist, environmentalist, author and visionary Reid Stowe at 7:30pm on Thursday, November 18 at the Hyatt Regency in Greenwich, CT. The sponsor is Singles Under Sail."

"blah blah collision, blah blah drop Soanya, blah blah son born, blah blah record, blah blah Mars then Love Voyage, blah blah rogue wave, blah blah"

Admission is $10.00.

Weido lookin' to get lucky? Recruiting new crew no doubt.

Bet Soanya conveniently has to stay home and care for the kid.

You would have thought that Reid would have "striked when the iron was hot", and got himself a spot on one of the late night talk shows like Dave Letterman. The fact that this much time has gone by means he's "missed the boat" and is now "old news" and won't get the attention that "recent news" could have fostered.

It's now "YAWN" & soon to be "That's so last year" to the djiots who might have been interested in Reid's (ahem...) accomplishments.

I guess that's the problem when lack of interest = lack of funding for the pop-up book.

FINALLY, someone got off their butt and started promoting Weidom.

The caring thoughtful dad:

http://servicesforse...tor-room-dream/

Reid: "I was warned by my subconscious to tend to my loose nuts."

YCMTSU!!!!!!!! :P

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!

So he's joined the ranks of the 3,000+ member Huff Post blogger's brigade. He's catagorized under Travel.........

PS: Did you notice Soy now calls herself a LANDscape Photographer?

FINALLY, someone got off their butt and started promoting Weidom.

The caring thoughtful dad:

http://servicesforse...tor-room-dream/

Reid: "I was warned by my subconscious to tend to my loose nuts."

YCMTSU!!!!!!!! :P

Maybe he should clean his balls while he's at it...see youtube on thread below. Funny as hell!

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=115356

Two quick things:

1. In the catamaran photo above, note the boat is being TOWED. Who is towing them? Why? Where? Or just another "we're helpless please tow us" incident where he is dependent on the goodness of others to save his sorry ass?

2. I am pretty sure that if I walked around the schooner Anne with a crescent wrench, I could find lots of loose bolts that need tightening. There is nothing significant about this. Bear in mind, I could probably walk around most boats and find something that could use a little tightening.

There was a saying in the navy that the most dangerous thing in the engine room was an officer with a crescent wrench.

Wow, two posts in two days....... Today's episode is titled The Catamaran Tantra.

Huff Post Catamaran Tantra <-----

tantrah.jpg

I saw the picture and had a flashback of my Dad's garage with the big Cheryl Tiegs poster. Then I noticed the beard, did a double take, had a Mark Spits moment, and that Isley Brothers song came into my head -- "Who's that lady?", and immediately called my therapist.

I'm OK now.

Wow, two posts in two days....... Today's episode is titled The Catamaran Tantra.

tantrah.jpg

I saw the picture and had a flashback of my Dad's garage with the big Cheryl Tiegs poster. Then I noticed the beard, did a double take, had a Mark Spits moment, and that Isley Brothers song came into my head -- "Who's that lady?", and immediately called my therapist.

I'm OK now.

Here,don't say I never did anything for you.

tiegbath.jpg

I'm OK now.

Here,don't say I never did anything for you.

tiegbath.jpg

Thanks.

Ran into a hovian in Portland Or. yesterday. Went into a New Seasons market and in the aisle where they sold sprout seeds was a pic of Soy and another one of Reid with a little paragraph about the love/sprout voyage. Turns out the aisle manager likes Reid.

• Muttly unlocked this topic

LOL..  We are..  

Apparently the grift continues.  The giant penis ship is going to Texas to visit Elon..  You can't make this shit up...  

On 11/24/2010 at 5:20 PM, billy backstay said:

Interesting Stowes Wikipedia page has been completely sanitized; no mention of his critics or detractors??

Wait, Reid had critics and detractors????   

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Wait, Reid had critics and detractors????   

Nonsense.   Encouragement only.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Interesting Stowes Wikipedia page has been completely sanitized; no mention of his critics or detractors??

Anyone got the time to compile the 30,000 + posts and throw it on there?? 

22 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Anyone got the time to compile the 30,000 + posts and throw it on there?? 

Hey! We LIVED this thing. I read all 30,000 posts in real time. No cheating!!! :D

Besides, reading the entire thread gives the reader the authentic feel of the endless drifting of the drifting grifter and his Soy Sauce, sprouts, and the cheese scow.

I think I'm experiencing an episode of PTSweeD right now. Either that or an LSD flashback (not that I've ever done that). I can't tell for sure.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Hey! We LIVED this thing. I read all 30,000 posts in real time. No cheating!!! :D

Besides, reading the entire thread gives the reader the authentic feel of the endless drifting of the drifting grifter and his Soy Sauce, sprouts, and the cheese scow.

I think I'm experiencing an episode of PTSweeD right now. Either that or an LSD flashback (not that I've ever done that). I can't tell for sure.

Yup, Me too, Was talking about putting it on WIKI so the rest of the world can see what we have enjoyed.  Can't keep this gold mine to ourselves.  

• Like 1
On 5/8/2007 at 7:36 PM, in_TO said:

Is this the same guy who wanted to sail in a turtle-shaped pattern in the South Atlantic? I have a Cruising World from 8-10 years ago with such a tale. The parallels are too numerous for it to be otherwise. Wing-nut; delapidated schooner; naive girlfriend....

Yes.

17 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Yup, Me too, Was talking about putting it on WIKI so the rest of the world can see what we have enjoyed.  Can't keep this gold mine to ourselves.  

Yup. I recall you suffering as well.

Wasn't there a Wiki war in here somewhere? Was that RD?

Help me out here, how far did that cruise go?

400 nm in a 1,000 days or less?

Never mind, just add cheese.

3 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

And sprouts. You can't have a voyage to Mars without sprouts.

Totally.

JFC, this triggers some strange memories! :blink:

... were these sprouts supposed to be dried and smokeable? Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, toad said:

definitely on a new voyage, full details on their site

Not a fucking chance in hell I'll click on that.

Again.

• Like 1

The memes (shit, before they were even a thing) and photochops were some of the more creative parts of a totally fucking reediculous 3 year run. Having followed it IRL, I can't imagine someone trying to get up to speed on it now.

Apparently Stowe has run into some money, new metal masts, a crane, wood for bowsprit and booms:

"This week was big week for boat related work. We had a crane come and take off the bowsprit, the stern pulpit, and the remains of our wooden masts (which had rotted and fallen down a few months back), as well as piles of rigging cable, and rope. The bowsprit will be replaced, and the bowpulpit and stern pulpit will be serviced. The wooden masts will be replaced with metal masts and all the rigging will have to be serviced before being put back on. It’s a lot of big and specialized work going on, but when these components are finished, the schooner won’t look great, but she will be seaworthy again. 

Painting, varnishing and cosmetic work will be done on the upcoming trip to a tropical island where we can avoid the cold of winter, test out our analog program, and take supplies to the locals of our destination. More on this later. For now, work is progressing at a good pace."

Wonder which tropical island Stowe will grace with his presence.

On 2/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, JimBowie said:

...Here's the catch--it has to be non-polluting non-commercial passage..a la Greta Carbon-neutral girl.  The only issue is...the Zapatistas got no flotilla.  Nada.  Zilch.  None.  So in true social-media style collectivism they plan to ask to put 5-10 passionate freedom loving LGBTABCXYZ Earth warriors onboard any J-24, Catalina 22 or other similar sea-worthy vessel and depart from points and parts unknown heading East into the Atlantic and begin arriving this July-Sept 2021 to begin the quite revolution to take back Europe from monopolist and corporate capitalist and create a LaLa land of free-love and peace through the Old World.

http://enlacezapatista.ezln.org.mx/2021/01/01/part-one-a-declaration-for-life/

download (1).png

At the risk of mixing threads, sounds like a perfect opportunity for Weed Stowe!  He has plenty of room on the Anne.  Pick up a load of LGBTQ Eco-Warriors (BYO cheese and sprouts) and drift them to Europe for the invasion.  New masts and bowsprits, the tub should be ready to go in a couple months.  Think of the publicity!