• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Reid is an idiot. He's using nylon thread to mend his sails. Nylon is not UV resistant - he should be using polyester. As usual, going on the cheap. Wonder who donated the thread - it sure the hell wasn't Doyle -- they wouldn't use that crap on any sail or outside canvas.

I've worked on sails before but with a proper machine. Wonder how long it's going to take him to triple zigzag stitch 15 feet by hand? Doubt he'll do it proper. Idiot.

I took a break to climb the main mast for a check-up and to change the throat halyard blocks so that there is less purchase. The mainsail will now be harder to pull up but easier to let down. Day by day we do what is called for.

Ceezus Christ! He is making things harder on himself... Wasting time and energy climbing the mast... If he is having problems lowering things because of the purchase of the blocks... What the hell... That sail weights so much that he needs a block and tackle to move it below, why won't it come down? How will he manage to get it up? Hopefully swak doesn't squeak. He needs to change out the blocks with something modern... Less wood, more ball bearings.

Dear Reid,

I myself am not a religious person, but since you are, please consider the following:

1. Early in your voyage your bowsprit broke

2. Your boat leaks

3. Your mainsail is torn

I personally think that there are obvious reasons for these "malfunctions" of your boat, but I think you should consider these as signs of God: he wants you to go back!

So go North into the safe tradewinds, not because your boat is a piece of crap (sorry) but because God tells you so. Do it!!! I don't want this to end while I am distracted by family obligations this weekend.

Best,

Tacking

Soanya's View:

The ocean has a completely different feel down here. It's a different ocean. Maybe the change in mood is mostly caused by the perpetual heavy gray skies. The colder weather and stronger winds also adds to it. The overall feeling is one of loneliness. It is a magnificent windswept sea that doesn't include humans and holds the knowledge of earth since her very beginnings. We traverse this part of the world where few have reason to go- at our own risk having faith that we will arrive on the other side intact. We are just two humans, maybe the only two humans in existence in a tiny boat sailing on these primeval waters. Land for us is a non-entity. It doesn't exist. Maybe it never has. Our world is the ocean, the wind, the waves, and the sky. There is nothing else.

Oh give me a break! Six days ago you were awake with a smile. Whatsa matter, Weido not making brekkie today? You are not btw the only 2 humans in existence in a tiny boat sailing The Sea (used with permission :unsure: - royalties forthcoming). What the hell is going on out there? I am so skeptical of this sad little post -- is this for fundraising purposes, setting the Hovians up for a turn north, looking for attention - what?

post-22200-1195679779_thumb.jpg

I came upon this picture of Captain Kangaroo and remember this or a similar picture being posted before. Was it ever confirmed if Reid really was a Captain of some sort?

Hmmmm .... was Captain Kangaroo a real captain too? And what about that cereal seaman, Captain Crunch?? Maybe that photo shows Weed's halloween costume? IMO he's too damn lazy to go for his papers - probably had the suit donated to him. Kind of bugs me that Metocean and the like refer to him as "Captain" - just another scam on Weed's part baffle 'em with bullshit.

Captain??? uh... no.

That's a Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines waiter outfit he picked up at Goodwill. I believe three chevrons in their ensignry indicates head busboy.

On a similar note, a gardner showed up at my neighbors house the other day wearing a 2001 KWRW Mt. Gay Hat and a 1999 Harvest Moon Regatta T-Shirt - said he got them all at Goodwill.

Captain??? uh... no.

That's a Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines waiter outfit he picked up at Goodwill. I believe three chevrons in their ensignry indicates head busboy.

:lol: OK, you and luna answered my (dumb) question.

I came upon this picture of Captain Kangaroo and remember this or a similar picture being posted before. Was it ever confirmed if Reid really was a Captain of some sort?

Say - doesn't that painting look like the worm from the bottom of his boat? Ha! It's the boat mascot!

Captain??? uh... no.

On a similar note, a gardner showed up at my neighbors house the other day wearing a 2001 KWRW Mt. Gay Hat and a 1999 Harvest Moon Regatta T-Shirt - said he got them all at Goodwill.

John Burnham was gardening at your neighbors house?

Anyone can be a captain of a floating bathtub and cross the Atlantic.

I am not familiar with the regulations, but it seesm that for a 70 foot boat one would need some certification?

A quote from Weid's view today: "I put on a little music and enjoy myself."

Soanya's View:

The ocean has a completely different feel down here. It's a different ocean. Maybe the change in mood is mostly caused by the perpetual heavy gray skies. The colder weather and stronger winds also adds to it. The overall feeling is one of loneliness. It is a magnificent windswept sea that doesn't include humans and holds the knowledge of earth since her very beginnings. We traverse this part of the world where few have reason to go at our own risk having faith that we will arrive on the other side intact. We are just two humans, maybe the only two humans in existence in a tiny boat sailing on these primeval waters. Land for us is a non-entity. It doesn't exist. Maybe it never has. Our world is the ocean, the wind, the waves, and the sky. There is nothing else.

Damn, you guys are right. This has to be the most depressing post ever! Bleak, dismal, and made worse by Weid's music selection (he's probably listening to his own singing....) Seriously, though, Soanya may have actually come to and realized what this nightmare really is. Her naivity may have clouded her rationality- all she saw was this "hero" Weid portrayed himself to be, and what a great boat and adventure this was. Maybe all the problems on the boat brought her to reality. From a psychological standpoint, Soanya's sounds uncannily like a suicide letter. Remember, Weid monitors her communications, and it's just her and Weid. You never read about her calling her friends or family. Her post can be summed up into one word- despair. I actually feel bad for her.

Anyone can be a captain of a floating bathtub and cross the Atlantic.

I am not familiar with the regulations, but it seesm that for a 70 foot boat one would need some certification?

Well, if you are taking up to 6 people out for cruises on a 65' plus boat for pay, then you need a "six-pack" license. Typical license required for charter skippers in the Caribbean. No that hard to get. Over that, you need a captain's license. Harder to get. I would guess, that Weid had neither and was breaking several laws (business license for example) and Coast Guard regs in NY.

Soanya's View:

The ocean has a completely different feel down here. It's a different ocean. Maybe the change in mood is mostly caused by the perpetual heavy gray skies. The colder weather and stronger winds also adds to it. The overall feeling is one of loneliness. It is a magnificent windswept sea that doesn't include humans and holds the knowledge of earth since her very beginnings. We traverse this part of the world

Petty Officer Second Grade???

I think I posted earlier on this. In the US Armed services the only insignia that could be is an Army Corporal.

When I was doing my research on other things I was able to check for licenses; there is no one with his name carrying a US Merchant Mariner document.

Interestingly the Velveeta Maru is registered under the "Cape Horn Society Ltd, Anguilla, BWI" which is also the name of a tax exempt charitable wing of the South Street Seaport in NYC. Perhaps that's how Weid embezzled the fundage for his own debts and blow for the hotties.

Need more research...

Well, if you are taking up to 6 people out for cruises on a 65' plus boat for pay, then you need a "six-pack" license. Typical license required for charter skippers in the Caribbean. No that hard to get. Over that, you need a captain's license. Harder to get. I would guess, that Weid had neither and was breaking several laws (business license for example) and Coast Guard regs in NY.

Suzanne told us that Weid ran his "chartering" business illegally. Pocketed the cash (no credit cards accepted) from his moonlight Hudson cruises. A little more illegal activity. Guy has been scamming the world since he was 18! Aren't you proud of your boys, Ma and Pa Stowe? Good job raising your sons. <_<

This jacket was discussed a few months back when one of you first discovered it. At that time, someone pointed out what type it was and that, if it was the real deal, it was quite expensive. So we can conclude one of two things: (1) he did get if from the Village People or (2) there are a lot of Salvation Army and thrift stores in NYC. You know that he's not a captain (except in his own head) and you know he didn't BUY that thing!

this is going to become not funny anymore very soon.

I wonder, what is the obligation of the racers, as they go by, to offer assistance...then if there is an actual situation immediately threatening to life, to take them off and carry them to the next port of call..?

The Barcelona World Race actually has a couple of "Ice Gates" which they have to pass through. My guess is that they have placed those gates in such a position that not a single boat will ever get in close proximity to the cheese scow... an important safety measure indeed!

He just got to keep the jacket after the Village People broke up.

Who ever said they broke up....on a reunion tour now. Aging "nature's bachelors" in costume...all in all a great one joke act that wouldn't die.

Sing it now Y. M. C. A....

METOCEAN REPORTING WITHOUT INTEGRITY ?

Here I am watching the metocean tracking information on the 1000 days at sea site, for the past 200 days, and each day, their information has been posted, showing their position, the position of ocean drifting buoys, and nothing else. Perpetuating the myth that they are alone out there.

Then all of a sudden, when Reid tears his mainsail, and it looks as though they might need rescuing, suddenly the metocean map shows the location of a ship in close proximity, travelling towards them...

So why havent the past 200 days of maps shown the location of nearby ships, especially when there are allegations and pictures which support the view that they have, or are about to rendezvous with a ship to resupply, and especially considering the fact that they have been crossing shipping channels.

Sorry Metocean, this latest map proves to me that you have been censoring the information, permitting it to show locations which are up to three days out of whack, and hiding the presence of nearby ships.

You have now lost any small amount of credibility you might have had, and as far as using your product to produce an honest, accurate and reliable result, forget it...

Yesterday was an exciting day as we powered at full force against the wind through squalls. With the roller-furling genoa and full sail we reached seven knots. Eight knots is our self-imposed limit and then we have to shorten sail.

Fucking great 8 knot speed limit, no southern ocean surfing for them them!! :lol::lol:

METOCEAN REPORTING WITHOUT INTEGRITY ?

Here I am watching the metocean tracking information on the 1000 days at sea site, for the past 200 days, and each day, their information has been posted, showing their position, the position of ocean drifting buoys, and nothing else. Perpetuating the myth that they are alone out there.

Then all of a sudden, when Reid tears his mainsail, and it looks as though they might need rescuing, suddenly the metocean map shows the location of a ship in close proximity, travelling towards them...

So why havent the past 200 days of maps shown the location of nearby ships, especially when there are allegations and pictures which support the view that they have, or are about to rendezvous with a ship to resupply, and especially considering the fact that they have been crossing shipping channels.

Sorry Metocean, this latest map proves to me that you have been censoring the information, permitting it to show locations which are up to three days out of whack, and hiding the presence of nearby ships.

You have now lost any small amount of credibility you might have had, and as far as using your product to produce an honest, accurate and reliable result, forget it...

Links pleeeze and I thought was being run outta a drug smugglers Jail cell, with Weed doing a couple of hash drops, ie the other water tank and the floating raft stuff..

:blink:

Links pleeeze and I thought was being run outta a drug smugglers Jail cell, with Weed doing a couple of hash drops, ie the other water tank and the floating raft stuff..

:blink:

scroll down the left side of the 1000 days blogsite and you'll see "links" follow the link to "anne's current position." I see "anne" and three buoys but I don't see another vessel. (click on the symbols)

Happy Thanks Giving

I want to thank all of you who have sent me dozens of messages wishing me well. Unfortunately because of communications limitations I can not reply to all of you. For those that have sent me negativity you are being ignored.

We are meeting my largest challenge since the collision. I have glued the seams and am putting some stitches as well. I am confident that between the glue and the stitches things will work out. The sea has been very kind to us and with gods help we will succeed.

My blogger has let me know that there is someone here claiming to be Soayna and I. While I don't like you using my pictures, it seems there is nothing we can do about it. But we can do something about people impersonating us. If you don't stop right away Jessie will be contacting you with our lawyer.

Reid and Soayna

Happy Thanks Giving

I want to thank all of you who have sent me dozens of messages wishing me well. Unfortunately because of communications limitations I can not reply to all of you. For those that have sent me negativity you are being ignored.

We are meeting my largest challenge since the collision. I have glued the seams and am putting some stitches as well. I am confident that between the glue and the stitches things will work out. The sea has been very kind to us and with gods help we will succeed.

My blogger has let me know that there is someone here claiming to be Soayna and I. While I don't like you using my pictures, it seems there is nothing we can do about it. But we can do something about people impersonating us. If you don't stop right away Jessie will be contacting you with our lawyer.

Reid and Soayna

Hey Reid -

you might want to recheck the spelling of your girls name there as well as Jesse! if there was ever any possibility this was really reid, it is gone now. You don't typo the same name twice and incorrectly spell the other by accident. happy thanksgiving anyway!

Happy Thanks Giving

Reid and Soayna

Reid spelled Soanya's name wrong -- next, he'll be forgetting her name -- maybe they don't even call each other by name, anyway. Or maybe this is a ghost-written post on their naive behalf. Or maybe its just bullshit that keeps me from actually getting work done.

<edit> SM beat me to it.

--

OGR

Happy Thanks Giving

Reid and Soayna

Just on the remote possibility...

Check it out!

http://1000daysofhell.blogspot.com

Reid and Soayna

I didn't know that Pre-Paid Legal was one of their sponsors.

Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for your recent letter expressing your concern about a possible terrorist threat to the Southern Ocean. Your letter has been given to the appropriate authorities. Rest assured, your Homeland Security Department does not take matters such as these lightly. Please also note that your letter is not the first we have received regarding this possible threat. We have previously received reports from concerned sailormen and sailorwomen from around the globe as well as from numerous government agencies such as the I.R.S., N.A.S.A., Ascension Air Force Base, The US Navy, Maersk Shipping, The Sea, The Wind, and Atlantis. All have expressed their hope that we at Homeland Security will put the NSA on the wire tap, so to speak. While I cannot divulge our methods, as our president keeps a tight lid on our communications, I can assure you that the iridium phone system is much more reliable than some have recently mentioned. We are also in the process of freezing several bank accounts associated with a certain fraudulent non-profit association we believe to be related to this threat. In addition, we have just learned of two new spellings of the names of people involved that might lead to further investigations.

As for your concern about the damage caused to the to ocean in the event this bomb is triggered, we can only speculate. Cheese and sprouts are not in a normal fish diet! We will be in communications with the various environmental agencies and organizations now monitoring the San Francisco oil spill as well as the local groups attacking the Japanese whaling fleets. I am sure they will respond with diligence. As soon as this threat is over, you will most likely be able to have your insurance policy reinstated. I apologize to all the people involved when we disclosed this information to the insurance industry. They had no choice but to cancel all policies.

We can only hope that in the event there is an explosion at sea, that the combined fuels (propane, diesel, coal) will ignite with such a furry as to completely engulf all the materials that might be eaten by the sea life. As for the two on board, we have been monitoring their vessel from a real space craft and have not noticed any sign of life since they left Ascension Island. Yes, the vessel did leave under the power of a jerry-rigged autopilot and failing sails. Yes, there was a trail of sea life appearing to fall off the bottom shortly before they left. No, they are not where they appear to be from their website postings. No, we do not believe they will ever be found alive. If all the collection agencies in the entire US cannot manage to call them at dinner time, we do not expect to be able to find them ourselves. We believe another vessel was involved in a rendevous, removing them from their last know location (Ascension) under the cover of gray skies. We will attempt to contact the French writer recently mentioned. However, we are unaware of any major French writers at this time. We believe it to be another lie.

Thank you for your concern and good luck sailing the Void. Hope you enjoy the holidays.

Agent Schweeny Johnson

Homeland Security - Ocean Threat Division

Happy Thanks Giving

Reid and Soayna

If this were really Weed, he would finally be getting to the heart of the matter. It's all about ME. Infantile Prick.

As it is, I have never figured out how people without jobs, homes, etc. can always claim to have personal lawyers.

Seriously, can anyone imagine Weed trying to claim "defamation of character"????

"Your honor, Regatta Dog and Nautigirl keep cawing me names and pursnating me!!! Wahhhhhhhh"

"Regatta and Nauti, give the little prick his ball back. Maybe he will quit whining!"

"Objection, your honor. That's not a ball. That's a piece of cheese!"

"I stand corrected. Weed, shut the !@#$% up."

Do these idiots have an EPIRB? I mean one that is up to date and works.

Stop asking stupid questions! :P

Reid said he does. He, however spells it as EPURB ... He says a lot of things, but many of those have turned out to be lies. He also says he has a liferaft, which is in fact an inflatble dinghy... The only person who would ever get along with him is a hallucinating, naive person, with no common sense whatsoever. And then there are a bunch of people who think that this is the greatest thing ever to be accomplished. These people are probably also watching Disney movies, after which they wanna hug a lion. MAdness all over the place. totally fucking ridiculous.

On that note, happy thanksgiving!

Wonder if he'll be a sport and give Sayonara two pieces of fish for Thanksgiving? "What are you making for T'day dinner, sugarplum? Alfafa sprouts (in lieu of Brussel sprouts - yuck), peanut butter (in lieu of mixed nuts for snacking ahead of dinner), dried mushrooms with some crushed up crackers (instead of stuffing), mashed cheese (instead of 'taters), and some salted, dried-up fish (instead of turkey). Oh, and some hair pie (instead of pumpkin or apple) for dessert. Bon appetit, ma chere..." :P

HAPPY THANKS :lol: GIVING, ALL

Terrific. Now the fiasco is comparing itself to the Mayflower:

"For those of you who may have forgotten that this Holiday draws its origins from a long distance sailing voyage into the virtual unknown of the New World. There is a Sailing connection to be easily found"

Happy Thanksgiving! Here's today's post:

Giving Thanks

November 22, 2007

Day 214

Thanksgiving

Wind E 15 knots,

Course S, Speed 2 knots,

Position: 35° 16 S, 08° 45 W

Soanya and I obviously won't be eating Thanksgiving turkey for dinner today, but we'll be fine eating our fish, beans, grains, and big sprout salads. We are thinking of all our friends and family who are eating together and giving thanks. Many of you I've had Thanksgiving dinners with and it brings back a lot of great memories. I can thank you for that and I know you've helped us get out here so I thank you again and again. I hope I can share Thanksgiving with all of you once more. In the meantime, Soanya and I have a long way to go and we'll miss a few more thanksgiving dinners if all goes well. Lots of love to everybody.

Soanya's View:

We are thankful for not only for all those people and forces that brought us to this point, but also those that allow us to keep going forward in a constructive and positive way. Also thank you to everyone who sent us best wishes for today.

Today's post is exceptionally boring. Wonder if he ever finished sewing the main and putting it back up.

"I hope I can share Thanksgiving once more with all of you." My, my my, doesn't he sound incredibly optimistic? Like, not at all, dude... I'm wondering if they even wrote that since they never write that short a message and one day is just like another out on The Sea , so why the brevity? Depressed? Scared? I'd say that was written by his land crew...

I'm stuffed!

"I hope I can share Thanksgiving once more with all of you." My, my my, doesn't he sound incredibly optimistic? Like, not at all, dude... I'm wondering if they even wrote that since they never write that short a message and one day is just like another out on The Sea , so why the brevity? Depressed? Scared? I'd say that was written by his land crew...

I'm stuffed!

I noticed this, too, by the lack of depth in their last post. No colorful rainbows or dolphins dressed like Pilgrims. No references to how the settlers arrived in great sailing ships like the Cheese Scow. No inaccurate historical quotes. Just another day of sprouts and dried fish. Even Soanya's post was brief, and lacked majestic views. Sheesh. The black cloud of depression seems to hang over the Cheese Scow and its inhabitants. The least they could have done was make a festive hat for Squawk!

Man, I am stuffed, too! I was in a turkey-induced coma for a while. :)

Sung to the tune of "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor

At first I was afraid I was petrified

When I realised I've a weirdo lying by my side

I would have laughed at all your lies, ignored everything you said

If I'd known for just one second how much I'd hate your crusty bed

I wish I could go, walk out the door

But we're on a garbage scow and who knows how long till I see the shore

You're a creepy weirdo fuck, an incompetent disgrace

I'd rather immolate myself in the propane hold than see your ugly face

But not I... I'll stay alive,

if I only knew how to sail this thing you'd be over the side

you've kept me in the dark about ropes and sails and things

because god is watching and his love provides us all with wings

OOOOh I gotta go, I need to leave

Your talk of Mars and Cheese and yoga's really made me heave

I know I've got to stop smoking hash and drinking all the beer

Cos on the midnight watch last night you started to look like Richard Gere

I can't believe, that we both shagged

You should be keelhauled and your baggywrinkles stretched so they no longer sag

I'm clearing out of this cootie pit, moving to another bunk

I need a shower so I can wash off every taddy of your spunk

And then I, will know I'm alive

I'll formulate a devious plot to get you out my life

Perhaps feed you to the fish or put some ratsak in the sprouts

But your days are numbered Weido of that there's really not much doubt

Arggghhh let me go! I feel quite sick

The Southern Ocean's looming and you're a dangerous prick

You threw the metocean thingy away, they think we're somewhere that we're not

The bilge is filling up with dieselwater and I'm stuck with you, you twat!

(with apologies to the original song but I couldn't help myself)

Bravo Traci! Well done!

I noticed this, too, by the lack of depth in their last post. No colorful rainbows or dolphins dressed like Pilgrims. No references to how the settlers arrived in great sailing ships like the Cheese Scow. No inaccurate historical quotes. Just another day of sprouts and dried fish. Even Soanya's post was brief, and lacked majestic views. Sheesh. The black cloud of depression seems to hang over the Cheese Scow and its inhabitants. The least they could have done was make a festive hat for Squawk!

Man, I am stuffed, too! I was in a turkey-induced coma for a while. :)

Too bad Pfizer isn't a sponsor. Bet they both could use a little Prozac right now.

This is hysterical, Traci! Great job. You know I'm going to be having that tune running through my head for awhile..."if only I knew how to sail you'd be over the side"

If you songwriters keep it up, we should be able to produce The Best of the 1000Days within a couple months, with proceeds going to sending out a scout plane to not find the Anne sailing anywhere once and for all! Any members with connections in the recording industry? Nauti and now Traci are coming up with some very good lyrics! B)

You dont think.......nah, well, maybe......

LONDON — More than 150 passengers and crew took to lifeboats in Antarctic waters on Friday after their cruise ship hit an object and began taking on water through a hole in the hull, Britain's coast guard said. No injuries were reported.

It was believed that the passengers of the Explorer, a Liberian-flagged vessel, included at least 22 British citizens, and undetermined numbers of Americans and Canadians, the Coast Guard said.

The evacuees were boarding another cruise ship, the Endeavor, near the South Shetland Islands, and were expected to be transferred later to a larger ship, said Henry Purbrick, watch officer at the coast guard center in Falmouth, England.

"Latest reports are that all persons are safe and accounted for," said coast guard spokesman Fred Caygill.

The coast guard said it was told at 12:24 a.m. EST of the incident involving the 2,646-ton Explorer near the South Shetland Islands and Graham Land, an Antarctic peninsula.

"We believed it has been hulled, it has a hole the size of a fist and some cracking in the hull of the ship, it's taking water and it's listing about 21 degrees," Caygill told AP Radio.

It was unclear whether the vessel would sink, he said.

"There has been some information coming back that it may have hit an iceberg but it has not been confirmed," Caygill said.

There was a lot of ice in the area, but the vessel was built to withstand ice, said Mark Clark, another coast guard spokesman.

Rescue centers in Norfolk, Va., and Ushuaia, Argentina, were taking charge of coordinating the rescue, the coast guard said.

An Argentine rescue and command center received a first distress call at 11:30 p.m. EST Thursday from the Explorer amid reports it was taking on water through the hull despite efforts to use onboard pumps, said Capt. Juan Pablo Panichini, an Argentine navy spokesman.

A navy statement said the captain ordered passengers to abandon ship about 90 minutes after the first call and that they and the crew took to eight semi-rigid lifeboats and four life rafts, with the captain leaving the ship later.

The statement said Explorer was some 475 nautical miles southeast of Ushuaia, the southernmost Argentine city and a jumping-off point for cruise ships and supply vessels for Antarctica.

Seas were calm and winds light at the time, what Panichini called "optimal conditions for carrying out the evacuation,"

In Oslo, Norway's Hurtigrute said passengers and most of the crew of the Explorer had safely been taken about its cruise ship, Nordnorge.

The line's spokesman Stein Lillebo said they were still compiling a list of names but that just under 150 people in all were aboard. He said about three ship arrived in the area at the same time, but that Nordnorge was selected to take on the passengers because of its capacity.

"We have just taken on board all the passengers from the ship, and a large portion of the crew. The only ones not board are the one who drove the rubber boats that were used during the action," he said.

"The reports I have are that the mood is very good, and that those who came on board are getting the help they need. If they are cold, they get heat. If they are hungry, they get food. And if they need a doctor, or nurse, we also provide that."

He said he did not know about the condition of all the passengers, but said the passengers had been out in rubber boats in subfreezing temperatures.

The Nordnorge, built in 1997, is 403 feet long and has a capacity of 691 passengers in 214 cabins.

post-22200-1195832252_thumb.jpg

Ten year old 403' ship with modern electronics, ice breaking capabilities and an experienced crew sinking in the southern ocean.

Capt. Kangaroo and Soysauce, please turn around before it is to late. Your 30 year old, back yard built, Bondo bathtub does not have a chance.

That is just too damn funny and too damn good.....lmao

post-10935-1195850185.png post-10935-1195850200.png

Soanya and I obviously won't be eating Thanksgiving turkey for dinner today, but we'll be fine eating our fish, beans, grains, and big sprout salads. We are thinking of all our friends and family who are eating together and giving thanks.

This is so sad. Not one of their friends, supporters or family members put together special occasion care packages. No canned turkey or chicken, cranberry sauce, canned yams, instant mashed potatoes, gravy granules and so on. Why even the astronauts have special rations for these kind of special days. What kind of a space analogous mission is this?? Not to mention, I've even seen video of solo circumnavigators who have celebrate holidays appropriately onboard. So what gives with this sad sack Mars Space Oddity?

I think for Christmas I will make it my mission to find out how Weedie and Soya NaNa can fashion a turkey out of sprouts -- hmmm .... maybe he can whittle a form and the sprouts can grown around it -- sort of like a Chia turkey. Sounds workable to me -- hope time can be taken from sewng sails to look into proper Christmas festivities aboard the love boat.

“A thousand days and nights living without fright”

By Ride Stowe

A trip so long I can't deny

It leaves me sometimes wondering why

Though one can't deny that 1000 days and nights alone

On the sea great sailors will be grown

A ship of seventy feet or so

Two masts and sails always on the go

Swaying back and forth, too and fro

Never in a hurry, just wanting to go slow

Almost three years of sailing on the ocean blue

Is this something that would appeal to me or to you?

Are you a good enough sailor to see this through?

Just you and your lover could you do it too?

Sailing past the five great southern capes of the earth

Enduring the might of the seas and all their mirth

Heavy winds, gales and storms

Sunny days and forever seeming calms

Enough food to last and fish to catch

Sails to repair and trim to watch

To keep them taut in day and night

And sail your schooner with all your might

While you keep her hull whole and watertight.

Could you or I or he and her

Be as good as these two are?

Reid and Soanya sailing calmly through

Whatever Mother Nature throws at those two...

They do prepare and they do contend

With whatever wind is there

And defend their sailing vessel,

Schooner sweet, the mighty Anne beneath their feet.

And when a thousand days is done

Will they wish to end their fun?

And come back to earth with all the change

After living upon the oceans for so long will it ever be the same?

We wish you well both Reid and Soanya too

A happy ride around the planet earth

For both of you and again, and again to see it through

Until the thousand days is done...

Much love is sent from everyone!

Posted by Reid Stowe & Soanya Ahmad

I can’t believe the audacity and self-delusional prattle of this dick head. Writes his own praise of himself as if it were being spoken by some other “worshipping” third party (he wishes)

Perhaps we are seeing the words of the next “Void Ho” style video to be produced by weedy (get your orders in early for the CD’s and DVD’s before they are all sold out)

By Ride Stowe

On the sea great sailors will be grown

Swaying back and forth, too and fro

Are you a good enough sailor to see this through?

Enduring the might of the seas and all their mirth

Sails to repair and trim to watch

Be as good as these two are?

Whatever Mother Nature throws at those two...

After living upon the oceans for so long will it ever be the same?

We wish you well both Reid and Soanya too

I can’t believe the audacity and self-delusional prattle of this dick head. Writes his own praise of himself as if it were being spoken by some other “worshipping” third party (he wishes)

Perhaps we are seeing the words of the next “Void Ho” style video to be produced by weedy (get your orders in early for the CD’s and DVD’s before they are all sold out)

omg - that is SO bad. I wonder if the blog master has turkey poisoning and penned that while suffering from delusions brought on by acute intestinal gas. If Wreck Ho wrote that, he's loosing it. Void Ho was MUCH better.

By Ride (on Ho) Stowe

On the sea great sailors will be grown (And sprouts and over-inflated egos)

Swaying back and forth, too and fro - er TO and Fro?

Are you a good enough sailor to see this through? More to the point Weidy ARE YOU?

Enduring the might of the seas and all their mirth (The sea is funny? See if its funny down those lower lats!)

Sails to repair and trim to watch (clearly you couldnt trim a nosehair out of your nostril)

Be as good as these two are? (FFS you overinflated egomaniac)

Whatever Mother Nature throws at those two. (again. bring on those southenmost capes before you get too cocky )

After living upon the oceans for so long will it ever be the same? (This freaks me out .. echoes of Jonestown)

We wish you well both Reid and Soanya too (for some reason a fifth line is added ..bad structure weidy)

Much love is sent from everyone! (ok .. that's the final straw.. now I REALLY need to throw up)

OMG, after today's post, there is no doubt in my mind that this imbicile is a narcissistic sociopath! It there is ever anything I hope to fail, it is this journey! Otherwise, I'll have to bump the fucker off when they reach the end of their trip so I don't have to see him receiving any more glory! The last ink I want to see this guy get is "Lost at Sea." Sad, but after reading this self-serving dribble, I can't express myself any differently! :angry:

By Ride Stowe

<snip>

This is not poetry. It is simply a collection of self-indulgent drivel with spaces inserted every four or five lines or so (can't even be consistent). One could point out a myriad of transgressions against verse, metre and rhyme, but it would be pointless as Weid would, no doubt, simply brush off any criticism by claiming "poetic license". Which is usually what one does when one can't write properly.

Hell, even if one allows for poetic license, its just not even the tiniest bit clever. Its more like... well, you know.... .... scribbly.

In-f'n-credible! (and I mean that in its full dictionary sense - without credibility)

--

OGR

omg - that is SO bad. I wonder if the blog master has turkey poisoning and penned that while suffering from delusions brought on by acute intestinal gas. If Wreck Ho wrote that, he's loosing it. Void Ho was MUCH better.

How can you say the words Void Ho and better in the same sentence? I sympathise as reading weedy's blog does cause "brain fade", but that is unforgivable.

How can you say the words Void Ho and better in the same sentence? I sympathise as reading weedy's blog does cause "brain fade", but that is unforgivable.

OMG he is trying to outdo Traci and Nauti :lol:

HA HA,

Never happen! But there are too many coincidences here between their blog

and this one.....and I don't believe in coincidences. I might be crazy but there

is something very fishy going on here. Not to mention my brain is bleeding

after reading that drivel. <_<

Reid didn't write this. At least, I really really really hope he didn't write this because no one should be making third person references about their own self-perceived awesomeness and be left alive to potentially repeat it, and especially so if it sucks this much.

At least today's picture looks authentic enough. Water's on the deck for once.

I do fear for their lives.

Never happen! But there are too many coincidences here between their blog

and this one.....and I don't believe in coincidences. I might be crazy but there

is something very fishy going on here. Not to mention my brain is bleeding

after reading that drivel. <_<

But you DID read it (the drivel that is) and that’s the very worrying thing about this and “that” site – we still just keep reading them, on and on and on!!!!

Reid didn't write this. At least, I really really really hope he didn't write this because no one should be making third person references about their own self-perceived awesomeness and be left alive to potentially repeat it, and especially so if it sucks this much.

At least today's picture looks authentic enough. Water's on the deck for once.

I do fear for their lives.

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, of course he refers to himself in the third person – GOD always refers to himself in that way or else we poor ant like humans just would not be able to comprehend him if he/she was to show (or talk to us) himself/herself/their selves (whatever) in their true light. It would completely overcome us and we would end up a group of poor babbling idiots following some ridiculous idiotic “soapy” on the web.

OOPPS hang on a minute isn’t that just what we are doing? Perhaps GOD (reedy) has already revealed himself to us????

Can you believe that cruise ship totally sank from a hole the size of a a fist (so they say), and the Queen Anne is still floating, leaks and all? Can't wait to see what happens. I almost wish they had a live cam on board. No, wait a minute, I totally take that back. I just went temporarily blind again thinking what I just thought... B)

day 4007

Speed 2 knots.

Temperature 18 degrees

wind sw.

direction: who cares.

Since the accident, Reid hasnt stirred from the yoga platform, and he never talks to me any more, not even when I service him in the mornings, and wipe his feet. Since I have been sleeping at his feet, I feel we have grown closer, and now that the scars have healed, I dont even mind the choker chain and the lead rope anymore. Since reid spliced some extra rope into the lead rope, I can now reach the last few cheese wheels stored in the bow.

I have tried to pull more of my lead rope through Reids hand, but he grips it tightly, and this morning I noticed that the wind had moved him a couple of inches to the right, and many of the sprout garlands which I had draped around his robe, had wilted.

A close examination revealed that Reid had died probably sometime in the last month. He didnt smell any different, so I guess I didnt notice. Anyway, I took the rope off the wheel, and the wheel just fell onto the deck. It wasnt actually connected to anything. And when I went to pull the jib down, It crumbled in whats left of my fingers. The cloth had long since disintigrated, and the calcified layer of birdshit was all that was left.

I spat out the last of my teeth this morning, and my eyesight is going fast. I guess I am not going to make it to Mars after all.

To all of you who didnt send enough money for us to finish the trip, all I can say is shame on you.

This will be our final transmission as the leaking diesel levels have now shorted out the batteries, and there is now nothing flying from the masts except some frayed baggywrinkle. The south pole is downwind, and superman and Father christmas is calling to me....

day 4007

Speed 2 knots.

Temperature 18 degrees

wind sw.

direction: who cares.

Since the accident, Reid hasnt stirred from the yoga platform, and he never talks to me any more, not even when I service him in the mornings, and wipe his feet. Since I have been sleeping at his feet, I feel we have grown closer, and now that the scars have healed, I dont even mind the choker chain and the lead rope anymore. Since reid spliced some extra rope into the lead rope, I can now reach the last few cheese wheels stored in the bow.

I have tried to pull more of my lead rope through Reids hand, but he grips it tightly, and this morning I noticed that the wind had moved him a couple of inches to the right, and many of the sprout garlands which I had draped around his robe, had wilted.

A close examination revealed that Reid had died probably sometime in the last month. He didnt smell any different, so I guess I didnt notice. Anyway, I took the rope off the wheel, and the wheel just fell onto the deck. It wasnt actually connected to anything. And when I went to pull the jib down, It crumbled in whats left of my fingers. The cloth had long since disintigrated, and the calcified layer of birdshit was all that was left.

I spat out the last of my teeth this morning, and my eyesight is going fast. I guess I am not going to make it to Mars after all.

To all of you who didnt send enough money for us to finish the trip, all I can say is shame on you.

This will be our final transmission as the leaking diesel levels have now shorted out the batteries, and there is now nothing flying from the masts except some frayed baggywrinkle. The south pole is downwind, and superman and Father christmas is calling to me....

:lol: Timmy you are one sick Turkey. :lol: LMAO.....That is just way to funny :lol:

OMG, after today's post, there is no doubt in my mind that this imbicile is a narcissistic sociopath! It there is ever anything I hope to fail, it is this journey! Otherwise, I'll have to bump the fucker off when they reach the end of their trip so I don't have to see him receiving any more glory! The last ink I want to see this guy get is "Lost at Sea." Sad, but after reading this self-serving dribble, I can't express myself any differently! :angry:

Being "Lost at Sea" is no big deal for Capt. Kangaroo.

I think Reid has been "Lost in Space" since the 1960s.

Reid should have named his boat the Jupiter II and his Blog Master should have been Alpha Control.