Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Why doesn't Soanya have a wiki page? Also, couldn't help but notice that Weid is a Capricorn. Have you ever known any of them?? They always think they can fix anything, anywhere, anytime. Some seriously sick people, as I well know.

Newbie.....Huh?!?!? :blink: I think you're seriously sick...no commenting here until you've read the whole thing so you don't ask stupid questions. Thanks....

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Please allow me to make a prediction:

The coming days they will be in heavy weather and ...

we will hear nothing from them ...

Then when they are back to drifting we will hear how stormy it was and how well the schooner kept sailing and how Reid was working faster than a young athlete and how Soanya is happy it is all over and both are taking a lot of well-deserved naps.

Of course they could not take any pictures while it was so windy ...

CON, SCAM, BOGUS, whatever, it aint real!

Remember that report from yesterday...

I suspect that isn't genuine... I is on the blog but not on the official site...

Something to placate the masses while the cheese scow implodes?

Close to 21 knots (racers).

Close to 4 knots (intrepid duo).

Almost the same place/conditions.

If they are actually out there, the sails are down and may well have been down the entire time.

This is about to go from amusing to disgusting.

Here's a news flash for ya: Hugo Boss sets new world record with 500+ mile day

I would be the last to "Rain on their Parade". I'ts a real achievement.

But lets put it in perspective with the caveats.

"Awaiting ratification from the WSSRC a new 24 hour record for MONOHULLS UP TO 60 FT. "

Lets put this into perspective.

Francis Joyon, sailing single handed on the 60ft IDEC, in the same sea area, has just racked up 580nm in the last 24 hrs. :P

"Awaiting ratification from the WSSRC a new 24 hour record for MONOHULLS UP TO 60 FT. "

Francis Joyon, sailing single handed on the 60ft IDEC, in the same sea area, has just racked up 580nm in the last 24 hrs. :P

Pointless comparison, me thinks.

What a jerk. comparing himself to Sanders.

Sailing is not a competition to see who can drift the longest. If you want to be a barnacle on the arse of the world, then drift.

If you want to be respected as a long distance sailor, then have the balls to endure natures conditions on the way. Using weather router information for the purpose of drifting longer, with the helm lashed, gains no respect from anybody. Loser.

You might as well deck out a floating shipping container and give up all pretense of sailing.

There is no honour in being able to claim:

"I drifted like an abandoned piece of garbage for 1000 days."

If you want to claim the longest period of time floating like a human piece of garbage, then get behind the hundreds who served years floating in prison hulks in England and Australia.

Woops, you forgot about them huh ?

"Prison Hulks"

From Wikepedia

The vessels were a common form of internment in Britain and elsewhere in the 18th and 19th centuries. Charles F. Campbell writes that around 40 ships of the British Navy were converted for use as prison hulks. One was established at Gibraltar, others at Bermuda, at Antigua, and off Brooklyn in Wallabout Bay and Sheerness. Other hulks were anchored off Woolwich, Portsmouth, Chatham, Deptford, and Plymouth[1]. Private companies owned and operated the hulks holding prisoners bound for penal transportation.

More American prisoners of war during the American Revolutionary War died on British prison ships than died in every battle of the war combined. According to the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, more than "11,500 men and women died of overcrowding, contaminated water, starvation, and disease aboard the ships, and their bodies were hastily buried along the shore"[2]. A monument in Fort Greene Park commemorates those who died. One such Revolutionary War ship was HMS Jersey.

The prison hulk, Success, at Hobart, Tasmania, AustraliaPrison ships were also used to detain prisoners-of-war during the revolutionary wars and the Napoleonic wars. A typical British hulk, the former man-of-war HMS Bellerophon, was decommissioned after the Battle of Trafalgar. Anchored off Sheerness in England, it usually held about 480 convicts in woeful conditions.[3]. Other hulks included the Warrior (Woolwich) in the 1780s, The Discovery (Deptford). [4]

In New South Wales, hulks were also used as juvenile correctional centres. The Vernon (1867-1892) and the Sobraon (1892-1911) - the latter officially a "nautical school ship" - were anchored in Sydney Harbour. The commander of the two ships, Frederick Neitenstein (1850-1921), introduced a system of "... discipline, surveillance, physical drill and a system of grading and marks. He aimed at creating a 'moral earthquake' in each new boy. Every new admission was placed in the lowest grade and, through hard work and obedience, gradually won a restricted number of privileges." [5]

[edit] Modern prison ships

The HMS Maidstone was used as a prison ship in Northern Ireland in the 1970s for suspected Nationalist guerrillas and non-combatant activist supporters held without trial. The current president of the Nationalist political party Sinn Féin, Gerry Adams, spent time on the Maidstone in 1972. He was released at the time in order to take part in peace talks.

In 1997, the United Kingdom Government established a new prison ship, HMP Weare, as a temporary measure to ease prison overcrowding. Weare was docked at the disused Royal Navy dockyard at Portland, Dorset. On 9 March 2005 it was announced that the Weare was to close. Since then, the government has advertised for a contractor to supply 800 prison ship spaces to alleviate overcrowding.

One of the first female Australian convicts was moved to a prison hulk in January 1787, and arrived at Sydney cove in January 1788.

post-22653-1197112196_thumb.jpg

...to natural selection, if he is enough of a fucking idiot to actually be where he claims to be.

Natural selection? Naturally reed selected a pubescent weakling to crew the mighty anntra, naturally he fed the spoilt little shit energy sapping sprouts for 6 months, and naturally he has selected certain death in the great grey empty cold windswept southern ocean.

I hopes its a fraud and hes sitting in the carrib pulling worms out of sayonara's ass 'cause the sailor in me does not wish him a southern ocean death.

On board each hulk, a book is kept by the Overseer, in which are entered the names of all convicts; and, on the first Sunday of every quarter, they are mustered, and the character of each convict, for the previous three months, is marked against his name, as follows: v.g. very good; g. good; in. indifferent; b. bad; v.b. very bad.

The convicts, after they are classed, are kept in separate compartments on board the ship, and are not allowed to mix with any other class than that to which they belong, after the hours of daily labour. Every prisoner is required to serve two years certain as a period of punishment without any reserve earnings, and after that time is eligible to commence a period of probation which invariably commences when the prisoner has mustered eight times, ie. two years, either good, or very good. This and his subsequent character determines the duration of his period of probation. On his entering this, his reserve earnings commence, and continue until his ultimate liberation, subject, however, to be withheld for misconduct. The cells throughout the hulk are numbered consecutively, beginning from the lower deck upwards; and prisoners of the worst character, or during their period of punishment, are classed in the lower deck, and rise upwards as they progress in character, from the lower to the middle, and from the middle to the upper deck; so that the highest number, containing the men of best character, is on the upper deck.

Whenever any convicts are allowed to earn a recompense from their labour, one-third of their earnings, that is, one per per diem, is expended for them in the purchase of bread and vegetables, but on no account is any convict allowed to have money in his own possession, and such reserved earnings is only given the convicts who have passed two years of their sentence, and not misconducted themselves.

http://www.victorianlondon.org/prisons/hulks.htm

There you go Weed, TWO YEARS PLUS is the record.... Keep drifting fella.

PRB must be praying anne do'nt come to her rescue [just lost her mast].

L.

Notably, 640 miles out of Capetown they do not request assistance. Sort things out and limp North to safety.

Can't imagine Weed responding similarly. Don't even think scow could sail North if everything was in working order. With blown out bags for sails and trashy bottom it is at the mercy of the prevailing winds.

Nice weather reporting born2sail. Looks to me like they're having power issues with the Metocean equipment - no wonder with all that cloud cover. The Schooner Reef-on-the-Bottom doesn't go fast enough for his towing generator so he must be running his engine. I wonder if he can turn his prop with all that grunge on the bottom? I wonder too just how much power he's using with all his electronic stuff -- and the Metocean equipment keeps trying and trying if it has a low power situation. Not good. We'll have to see how long it takes to get a new post into the blog master and main web site. I'm really anxious to hear how the ivy's doing now that's it's rocking and rolling out there.

Think you'll find IDEC is closer to 100 feet long, not 60

Let's be honest here they've gone a hell of a lot longer than anyone here, including myself, would have guessed. Shit, I would have lost the SA pool a long long time ago. Now granted they may not actually be on the ocean as well, but I mean 228 days so far- who would have thought that. Maybe this endurance sailing/drifting stuff isn't as difficult as everyone says it is. I mean an old boat made of bondo-check, sprouts-check, nubile aboard-check.

Let's be honest here they've gone a hell of a lot longer than anyone here, including myself, would have guessed. Shit, I would have lost the SA pool a long long time ago. Now granted they may not actually be on the ocean as well, but I mean 228 days so far- who would have thought that. Maybe this endurance sailing/drifting stuff isn't as difficult as everyone says it is. I mean an old boat made of bondo-check, sprouts-check, nubile aboard-check.

Yeah, it is amazing how far and long something drifts!

globpop.gif

:unsure:

The new blog is up:

1000days

She is not well, Uhh ohhh!

"Soanya's View:

With the increase in speed, the ride is a little bit more rocky and my seasickness has returned rather strongly much to my dismay. It's been difficult for me to do very much these past few days, including get the blog off every day. If you don't see something from us, it's probably just too rough to get on the computer, but our track on our website is always moving along the map. I'm not sure it's healthy to take seasick pills every day for the next two months while we're down here (do I even have that many?). I'm hoping I'll get used to it like I did before and the nausea will go away naturally. Until then, I spend a good deal of my day curled up on the pilothouse bunk trying not to move around too much unless I really have to. I hope it goes away soon."

I can't stand Weid, but she is a total prima donna! Did he know he was bringing a princess along? Here the guy is single-handedly dropping/raising sails in 25 k winds, tying off the wheel, getting the dropped sails in order and then he has to go inside and cook his own pancakes? (How do you make pancakes without eggs, anyway? Powdered eggs?) Cheesus, she's worthless. Wah, wah, I'm seasick! How about you get off your ass and climb the mast...they say the higher you are the less likely you are to be sick. That'd be a pic...Sayonara climbing the mast. Not going to happen. Maybe if you go sit on your gimbled yoga platform, facing forward, looking at the horizon, you can yoga yourself out of being sick. Thrown up sprouts must be pretty ugly... How long before she starts wah wahing for her mommy? Or Weid makes shark bait out of her? Un-frigging-real. :angry:

:unsure:

The new blog is up:

1000days

She is not well, Uhh ohhh!

"Soanya's View:

With the increase in speed, the ride is a little bit more rocky and my seasickness has returned rather strongly much to my dismay. It's been difficult for me to do very much these past few days, including get the blog off every day. If you don't see something from us, it's probably just too rough to get on the computer, but our track on our website is always moving along the map. I'm not sure it's healthy to take seasick pills every day for the next two months while we're down here (do I even have that many?). I'm hoping I'll get used to it like I did before and the nausea will go away naturally. Until then, I spend a good deal of my day curled up on the pilothouse bunk trying not to move around too much unless I really have to. I hope it goes away soon."

Next two months? What's Weido telling her. Based on how they've travelled to date and their plan to have the big 1000 day celebration in NYC, she's gonna be "down there" for more than 60 days. I guess we all win the pool on how soon she's start barfing though. She should be up on deck not curled up down below - she'd feel much better. What's dumb ass telling her? And who's watering the sprouts while she's incapacitated. Better be careful or you'll be committing sprouticide and ivy will be pissed at you.

It will take us a while to cross the bottom of the world. It's just big skies, big albatrosses, no one, and no land for thousands of miles.

Hmmmm .... Weid isn't telling Soanya everything - she says two months - he says a while to cross the bottom of the world. And doesn't he know the Barcelona boats are out there? And I'm sure he's not "thousands of miles" from land. More Reid bullshit for the adoring new age hovian followers who know not one thing about sailing or what's happening in the sailing world.

I can't stand Weid, but she is a total prima donna! Did he know he was bringing a princess along? Here the guy is single-handedly dropping/raising sails in 25 k winds, tying off the wheel, getting the dropped sails in order and then he has to go inside and cook his own pancakes? (How do you make pancakes without eggs, anyway? Powdered eggs?) Cheesus, she's worthless. Wah, wah, I'm seasick! How about you get off your ass and climb the mast...they say the higher you are the less likely you are to be sick. That'd be a pic...Sayonara climbing the mast. Not going to happen. Maybe if you go sit on your gimbled yoga platform, facing forward, looking at the horizon, you can yoga yourself out of being sick. Thrown up sprouts must be pretty ugly... How long before she starts wah wahing for her mommy? Or Weid makes shark bait out of her? Un-frigging-real. :angry:

I would imagine that with Soanya being sea sick, she's not putting out either, so now she is TOTALLY useless.

From the BWR web site.

Weather forecast - 08/12/07 0700GMT

Weather bulletin for BARCELONA WORLD RACE, issued by METEOSTRATEGY,

Saturday 08 december 2007 at 07h UTC.

The majority of the fleet is sailing now in the disturbed flow of the 40th roaring. For those who are at the front of the cold front this morning positioned along the 010°E, the wind is still NW 25/30kt but decreasing. It will pass over vessels in the day. At the rear, there will be a temporary improvement of 12 to 24 hours before the arrival of a new depression more strong with winds which are expected to exceed 40kt and gusting to 60kt in the northern part of the depression. This depression gradually shifts to the southeast. The waves associated with the depression will quickly reach 7 to 8 meters.

For the outlook, the wind should not be less than below 20kt for quite a while.

Soanya's not gonna like that..... Nope.

Who really cares if they're drifting or not?! I think the point is to stay out 1000 days, not search for a bunch of wind. If I were those two I'd be looking for the calms too. Heck they still have 700+ days to go! Like a marathoner, you don't go all out at the begining of the race or you ain't gonna make it. And the other thing I don't get is most of you guys are giving them a hard time about they way they got sponsored for this or that and again...who really cares how they got what they got as long as they didn't blatantly steal it? I guess some may see it as that and I'd also guess that those that see it like that have never been good enough at anything to actually get sponsored. Let them take their free shit and sail or drift as long as they want. They are sure getting a lot of attention for their sponsors, even for those that don't support the idea. Go Reid and his gal!!! :o:blink:

Who really cares if they're drifting or not?! I think the point is to stay out 1000 days, not search for a bunch of wind. If I were those two I'd be looking for the calms too. Heck they still have 700+ days to go! Like a marathoner, you don't go all out at the begining of the race or you ain't gonna make it. And the other thing I don't get is most of you guys are giving them a hard time about they way they got sponsored for this or that and again...who really cares how they got what they got as long as they didn't blatantly steal it? I guess some may see it as that and I'd also guess that those that see it like that have never been good enough at anything to actually get sponsored. Let them take their free shit and sail or drift as long as they want. They are sure getting a lot of attention for their sponsors, even for those that don't support the idea. Go Reid and his gal!!! :o:blink:

post-22200-1197147647_thumb.jpg

No comment

Because.....They are fucking lying, they are a floating bouy... :huh: They are not really there!

Enjoy the ride...

shut up pinhead- if it stays rough for the next seven days and soyana can't keep anything down - she will die

Well, yeah, maybe but she's been through it before and there're a million reasons they could die and I really doubt that it's going to be from seasickness. Bottom line is it's their choice. And really, how many people actually die from seasickness...a few..maybe..but very few. I think those sprout will keep her going. :o

"I think the point is to stay out 1000 days, not search for a bunch of wind."

What happened to three circumnavigations?

"...who really cares how they got what they got as long as they didn't blatantly steal it?"

One word. Fraud.

"They are sure getting a lot of attention for their sponsors..."

Yup. And it's all bad.

Well, yeah, maybe but she's been through it before and there're a million reasons they could die and I really doubt that it's going to be from seasickness. Bottom line is it's their choice. And really, how many people actually die from seasickness...a few..maybe..but very few. I think those sprout will keep her going. :o

Cheesus, not only are you an asshole but you're an uninformed, stupid asshole. Go away, maroon. <_<

The way they got sponsors was through deception. Take a look at their home page and look at the goals. Those goals were what they used to get sponsors and there's no way in hell they can acheive even half of them.

Reid also lied to his sponsors, making false claims about previous records he set which we've debunked. He also took supplies for the "voyage" for at least 7 years and consumed them at the dock. Did he steal from sponsors? If you lie to get sponsors then yes - he stole from them.

I agree the schooner Anne shit-flush is similar to a marathon, but only as it might relate to a Special Olympics event. All that counts is trying ("Go Reid and his gal!!!!), success is measured by feeling good and higher self esteem and not by accomplishment (Great effort drawing that heart in the ocean!), and ass kissers like you give them high fives just because they don't slip in their own drool and fall down.

Which begs another question. How the hell do you type with such stubby fingers?

(My apologies to any mentally challenged individuals who may come across this for comparing you to Reid, Saonya and this retard.)

PS - Hey C is silent - say something ya dumb unt!

Only an idiot would go to the roaring 40's without a means of retreat, without first assessing their seasickness vulnerability in preparatory sailings.

Take a look at Google and search on Death by Seasickness.

Results 31 - 40 of about 383,000 for death by seasickness

Prolonged seasickness has its own consequences. "Dehydration is the biggest threat," Frye said. "If you can't take anything in, you'll work on your fat stores for a while. But you'll be in trouble in three days."

Symptoms include intense nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness, dryness, and hot and cold flashes. Some sailors describe it as a fate worse than death: first you're afraid you're going to die -- and then you're afraid you won't.

The rule for seasick sailors is to try and take small amounts of liquid, "one ounce and hour," to stave off dehydration until the nausea passes. In addition to medications, some find a cure in acupressure bands, or ginger drinks. "We don't know why, but if it works, go for it," Frye said.

Others get seasick just standing on the dock. For the most acutely affected, the only sure cure is the shade of an old oak tree."

By Betsy Crowfoot, Quokka Sports Staff, February 7, 1999.

Lucky you have a couple of trees onboard Sayonara.

Surely you would have studied this when you did your doctorate to be a master mariner... think back to lesson 11.

http://www.sailfree.com/Classroom/lesson11.htm

So the little woman's seasick. Some of the best sailors get mal de mere. As long as the first mate stays hydrated, she'll be OK. Stowe probably knows to put her on the helm...a lot of times that's the next best thing to the shade of an oak tree for the poorlies.

I do have two question, however...1] Is the little woman only getting sick in the morning? ;) , and 2] with all of Stowe's metaphysical training why is he having her take pills for seasickness. Didn't he pack the correct crystals or did he forget which chakra is connected to tummy bone? :unsure:

no she is not going on the helm. When asked to go topside to help urgently, she took 3 full minutes to do so. That is not someone who wants to be topside.. And even if she did, the helm is too heavy for her.

WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT

Weed's defence to a civil action for the wrongful death of Sayonara, would be :

1.that she entered into the venture, fully cognizant of the risks involved.

2.she is an adult with normal mental and physical faculties.

3.she could seek assistance at any time by means of the phone/email.

4.he did everything he could to avoid the risks.

Well, Ive got some news for you Weedo,

1. Her posts have revealed her acute lack of nautical knowledge, preparation or realisation of the debilitating extent, or duration of time she is likely to be subject to seasickness.

2. She may be an adult, but she is clearly mentally impaired, incapable of rational thinking, and physically does not possess high levels of body fat to withstand extreme seasickness.

3. He blog contributions are heavily censored, and ghost written, as authorised and managed by Weedo.

You guys aren't just having fun as anarchists anymore. You have become mean and angry. You condemn the 1000 days site for cesnsoring but you do the same thing here with your loud booing of anyone who says anything that even mildly differs from your active hatred. Whether you intend it or not, you have become a cheer squad for the impending disaster. Expecially Timmy, you will be disappointed if they aren't dead by the end of next week.

fun is fun. Much of this is not fun. It's anger and nastiness. It's ganging up and spitting on the handicapped kid trying to crawl to the ball field.

The weather postings and the knowledgeable comments about what is going on are very much appreciated. But hasn't just about everything about :cheese" and "scow" and how stupid these two are been said a hundred times already?

Here's a free clue: Vomiting for several days leads to fluid depletion, loss of vital electrolytes, and a bit of alkalosis from losing so much gastric acid. None of these are terribly good; all of 'em together can be potentially lethal, especially in less-than-optimal environmental conditions.

Are you Jesse?

I am a MARATHONER. Since you so eloquently decided to compare the two, I will educate you. When you decide to run a marathon, you must PREPARE, something Weid never did. For months, you clock miles with your Garmin, go for PRs (personal record), adjust your diet, running shoes and your entire lifestyle. You see, when we run marathons, it is all about beating our PR, so SPEED counts. Don't even compare Weid to marathoner-runners- we work REAL jobs, pay our own entry fees and buy our own shoes (sails are cheaper at the rate we disentigrate expensive running shoes.) We know what we are getting into, and don't whine, "I could have ran better but no one donated anything to me." Boo-frigging hoo.

Secondly, you apparently have no ethics. Weid has scammed his sponsors- and you condone this? Sorry, but this farce someone has to pay for. Gee, ever wonder why Doyle Sails are so frigging expensive?

Obviously, you are not a sailor. The point of owning a sailboat is to SAIL- wow, propulsion from a sheet. A person who "drifts" for publicity sake is not a sailor. If you are so keen on supporting derelicts and deadbeats, why don't you invite a homeless person to come live with you?

You guys aren't just having fun as anarchists anymore. You have become mean and angry. You condemn the 1000 days site for cesnsoring but you do the same thing here with your loud booing of anyone who says anything that even mildly differs from your active hatred. Whether you intend it or not, you have become a cheer squad for the impending disaster. Expecially Timmy, you will be disappointed if they aren't dead by the end of next week.

fun is fun. Much of this is not fun. It's anger and nastiness. It's ganging up and spitting on the handicapped kid trying to crawl to the ball field.

The weather postings and the knowledgeable comments about what is going on are very much appreciated. But hasn't just about everything about :cheese" and "scow" and how stupid these two are been said a hundred times already?

Robin! I like you and you are cool peeps, but what is going on with you lately? Why so grumpy? Old Robin used to make us laugh! Timmy doesn't want anybody dead. What's really going on? Are you okay? Seriously, some of us actually care here. BTW- I don't think of you as handicapped, silly. You can cruise in a pimped-out scooter and park wherever you want. That, we call, "Rock Star Parking." Is it the mean people of Christmas season that are getting to you? Buck up, little camper. No one here has any malintentions. People just express their differing opinions. Seriously, are you okay? What's up?

Robin! I like you and you are cool peeps, but what is going on with you lately? Why so grumpy? Old Robin used to make us laugh! Timmy doesn't want anybody dead. What's really going on? Are you okay? Seriously, some of us actually care here. BTW- I don't think of you as handicapped, silly. You can cruise in a pimped-out scooter and park wherever you want. That, we call, "Rock Star Parking." Is it the mean people of Christmas season that are getting to you? Buck up, little camper. No one here has any malintentions. People just express their differing opinions. Seriously, are you okay? What's up?

Me too. What's happened?

This just off the Metocean link - strange that there's been no position from Anne since 14:58:47 AST -- that's a longer gap between position relays than I've ever noticed. Wonder if they've run into power problems. Seems a little strange.

Date (IN GMT) Date (IN AST) Latitude Longitude Event/Info

2007-12-08 21:16:24 2007-12-08 17:16:24 AST START

2007-12-08 18:58:47 2007-12-08 14:58:47 AST -41.54291 7.11302 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 17:56:13 2007-12-08 13:56:13 AST -41.53897 6.96632 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 17:12:12 2007-12-08 13:12:12 AST -41.55354 6.86121 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 11:57:20 2007-12-08 07:57:20 AST -41.4238 6.23313 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 10:48:00 2007-12-08 06:48:00 AST -41.389356 6.12328

2007-12-08 09:52:00 2007-12-08 05:52:00 AST -41.358886 6.027607

2007-12-08 08:56:33 2007-12-08 04:56:33 AST -41.3283 5.9413 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 08:56:31 2007-12-08 04:56:31 AST -41.3283 5.9413 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 08:56:30 2007-12-08 04:56:30 AST -41.32825 5.94118 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 08:56:28 2007-12-08 04:56:28 AST -41.32825 5.94118 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 08:56:27 2007-12-08 04:56:27 AST -41.32825 5.94118 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 08:56:23 2007-12-08 04:56:23 AST -41.32818 5.94106 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 07:52:48 2007-12-08 03:52:48 AST -41.31492 5.82277 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 07:52:48 2007-12-08 03:52:48 AST -41.31492 5.82277 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

2007-12-08 07:52:44 2007-12-08 03:52:44 AST -41.31494 5.82262 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

Don't know what's up with you lately but you are wrong to single out Timmy, as he has uncovered some blatant lies on Weid's part and done a lot of research to make sure what he says is true and not slanderous. Most of us are on this site because we do not support what Weid is doing nor how he has gone about doing it. Do we wish them disaster? None of us believe that we have any control over what happens in Reid's universe. Nor will we have any culpability for what will happen. Weid, on the other hand, thinks he's god's gift to the world and, therefore, can pull off this stunt without any disasterous results. I do not like Reid and I absolutely do not want him to succeed in his "Mars voyage" but I don't wish their deaths. But if it happens, they have nobody to blame but themselves. And you yourself are referring to "the impending disaster" so it sounds to me that you don't think they'll make it. We are not ganging up on anyone, nor are we spitting on the "handicapped kid on the ballfield (and that was a low blow on your part)." For one thing, there is nothing handicapped about either of them and, for another, they have absolutely no clue about what is being said here. I hope when this is all over someone makes a book out of this forum because it has been, at times, incredibly funny. And I'll be the first to send a copy to the arrogant asshole so he can see that the whole world doesn't love, admire and worship him. Some of the world thinks he's a snake. So when a newbie like 'slightly salty' pops up out of nowhere and starts making absolutely ridiculous remarks, of course we're going to blast him. I'm sure he's from Weid's camp, anyhow.

Have a nice night, Robin, and take it off..... ;)

I do have two question, however...1] Is the little woman only getting sick in the morning? ;) , and 2] with all of Stowe's metaphysical training why is he having her take pills for seasickness. Didn't he pack the correct crystals or did he forget which chakra is connected to tummy bone? :unsure:

Noice :lol:

I was going to pile on your other post... But I won't, others seem to have taken care of that Troll.

HE is a fraud... Read the article on 1000 days of hell regarding the merits of the voyage... They are not meeting even ONE of their goals.

And as to seasickness...

Remember that they are out in the middle of no where without medical aid. No intravenous fluids and there is no way that Reid would call for help for her. 3 days and she will be severely dehydrated.

This just off the Metocean link - strange that there's been no position from Anne since 14:58:47 AST -- that's a longer gap between position relays than I've ever noticed. Wonder if they've run into power problems. Seems a little strange.

7 hours now without a report. Either the antenna is broke or the cheese scow is sunk. :angry:

Robin ~ moreso than anybody here, you've had the opinion that they're not even out there...

So just maybe Jesse is reporting that SA is keeping close watch on the Barcelona group and their weather conditions, and Anne had better be reporting something similiar. And we've always known Soanya hates the rough weather, so we would expect reports of her being sick.

And maybeeeeee.... they're parked on a nice beach clinking coconut cups and having a good laugh right now.

If you aren't feeling well, do as Weed suggests and stare at the Voyage of the Turtle map to heal yourself... he did if for all mankind, remember. :rolleyes:

post-22653-1197196634_thumb.jpg

Can't speak for the entire group, Robin. But yes, with respect to Weed, I feel contempt, and suspect I am not alone.

It's not because he is merely "different", uneducated, a self declared religion of one (himself), a systemic leech (who, sooner or later, all people who work have to pay for, via taxes), a bad artist, a questionable Sailorman who thinks he is Horatio Hornblower, or similar traits. Those warrant laughter and ridicule they receive, but not death by drowning.

Unfortunately, Weed's worst traits don't stop there. Shopping for "crew" (both male and female, at different points) he specifically knew lacked any prior qualification for knowing what they would be agreeing to smells of "fraud". Intentionally making that "crew" solely dependent on him for survival, with no practical (physically safe) means of executing their own free will, smells of "kidnapping". If said "crew" dies for any of dozens of possible reasons (starvation, dehydration, drowning), under this arrangement, I will consider it nothing short of murder. Funny? Hardly. If Soanya were my daughter, death by drowning would be the best Weed could expect....and it would be "justice", not a "disaster".

As for Soanya, all decisions have consequences, sometimes very bad ones. That said, most kids and young adults do at least one incredibly stupid thing and, by sheer dumb luck, manage to escape the wrong side of natural selection, learn and grow from it, and live to see many better days. Whether she is sipping a Rum&Coke in Grenada or puking her guts out off South Africa, my sincere hope is she escapes the asshole alive, intact, sane, and mad enough to form MADF (Mothers Against Dumb Fucks), teaching similarly naive young adults to beware of the predatory Weeds of the world.

From this morning on Metocean - this is what you get when you look for a positions display for today's date. Something is wrong. Maybe equipment failure? Don't they have two of these units set up? I am such a skeptic it flashes through my head that Weid is playing games to generate excitement (aka $$$).

MET595@orbcomm.net

Hit Count: 0

No Positions were reported for the selected period.

Either that, or...

this is where it stops being funny, and starts being just plain morbid.

Much as it's fun to make fun of their half-assed lunacy & bullshit... I hope they're okay.

I know - kinda makes you feel sick. Anyway, obviously they're having problems but there is one new position at Metocean now -

Date (IN GMT) Date (IN AST) Latitude Longitude Event/Info

2007-12-09 11:35:16 2007-12-09 07:35:16 AST -41.77095 9.30474 I:0 - V:10.7 - P:ON

Guess they got power issues and the person in charge of electronics and power is too sick to switch batteries.

The way they got sponsors was through deception. Take a look at their home page and look at the goals. Those goals were what they used to get sponsors and there's no way in hell they can acheive even half of them.

Reid also lied to his sponsors, making false claims about previous records he set which we've debunked. He also took supplies for the "voyage" for at least 7 years and consumed them at the dock. Did he steal from sponsors? If you lie to get sponsors then yes - he stole from them.

I agree the schooner Anne shit-flush is similar to a marathon, but only as it might relate to a Special Olympics event. All that counts is trying ("Go Reid and his gal!!!!), success is measured by feeling good and higher self esteem and not by accomplishment (Great effort drawing that heart in the ocean!), and ass kissers like you give them high fives just because they don't slip in their own drool and fall down.

Which begs another question. How the hell do you type with such stubby fingers?

(My apologies to any mentally challenged individuals who may come across this for comparing you to Reid, Saonya and this retard.)

PS - Hey C is silent - say something ya dumb unt!

Weed said crotch tackle!

This is what they're in right now -

000.png

000.png

Probably no sun for solar panels and there is no way he's towing a generator so I'm sure they're having power issues. He must be totally exhausted trying to sail that old pig through this stuff singlehanded. I don't want them to die out there but I don't have much compassion for the crap they must be experiencing right now.

I suppose it's partly the season, partly the fact I'm safe, sound and comfortable on the beach, partly that I'm watching the posts about the weather and the racers, partly because I'm old enough to be Soanya's father and, no matter what else might be said about her, she's somebody's daughter and is in trouble. I recognize she made her decision but that doesn't mean, necessarily, she deserves her fate. I realize, also, I've said (and still choose to believe) they aren't really where they say they are. But I'm wavering. I don't mean to be nasty and I certainly didn't mean to take a cheap shot with the "handicapped kid" remark. It simply seems to me that we have one egomaniac with neither common sense nor training who found himself impressing a girl half his age. He's homeless and hopeless with no place to go other than "to sea" so he does. He cons a bunch of people into giving him food and equipment, he's got his "shelter" and now he needs a companion. So he cons her as well. If he was alone on the boat and I could do it, I'd bore another hole somewhere near the keel. But he's not alone. And I remember the first time I saw somebody die with a very surprised look on his face. Now I think what she must be thinking as waves crash over a wildly tossing boat. And it makes me feel badly. So I said what I said.

I suppose it's partly the season, partly the fact I'm safe, sound and comfortable on the beach, partly that I'm watching the posts about the weather and the racers, partly because I'm old enough to be Soanya's father and, no matter what else might be said about her, she's somebody's daughter and is in trouble. I recognize she made her decision but that doesn't mean, necessarily, she deserves her fate. I realize, also, I've said (and still choose to believe) they aren't really where they say they are. But I'm wavering. I don't mean to be nasty and I certainly didn't mean to take a cheap shot with the "handicapped kid" remark. It simply seems to me that we have one egomaniac with neither common sense nor training who found himself impressing a girl half his age. He's homeless and hopeless with no place to go other than "to sea" so he does. He cons a bunch of people into giving him food and equipment, he's got his "shelter" and now he needs a companion. So he cons her as well. If he was alone on the boat and I could do it, I'd bore another hole somewhere near the keel. But he's not alone. And I remember the first time I saw somebody die with a very surprised look on his face. Now I think what she must be thinking as waves crash over a wildly tossing boat. And it makes me feel badly. So I said what I said.

Very nicely said, and I'm sure we all agree with your take on things. Thanks...and I'm jealous that you're comfortable on a beach somewhere while I"m waiting for flurries...crap.

post-22200-1197228092_thumb.jpg

:blink: ? :blink:

Hooray! Our Robin is back! Well said!

What beach are you at? Are you on vacation? I'm green with envy- I want to be chilling at the beach. Are there margaritas? Mmmmm.... Margaritas!

SUNDATAH

South Hemi reminder...Down yonder, sail below the Highs and above the Lows ;)

Holy cats. If they are where they say they are, that means seas 12-15 feet, and winds @ 30+ knots. If they continue on their current heading, it's only going to get worse....

Holy cats. If they are where they say they are, that means seas 12-15 feet, and winds @ 30+ knots. If they continue on their current heading, it's only going to get worse....

Especially for Soanya, who was sea sick and more than likely still is. The lack of maneuverability of the Anne when coupled with the wave/wind forecast over the next few days negates any relief for her in the near future. I feel bad for her and hope she comes through OK. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I am anxious for their next communication.

Especially for Soanya, who was sea sick and more than likely still is. The lack of maneuverability of the Anne when coupled with the wave/wind forecast over the next few days negates any relief for her in the near future. I feel bad for her and hope she comes through OK. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I am anxious for their next communication.

SchoonerAnne (and the little woman) can probably handle the 12-15 ft trailing seas OK, but according to the FNMOC data, it looks like they're getting slapped around a bit by the windwaves. That can be very irritating to a woozy tummy.

Hey Robin,

Maybe you're one of the Riedhovieans as the SA invented term implies and have some way of getting a direct contact with the schooner Anne.

The photos on the 1000days blog reviel much about the preparedness and fitting out of Stowe's schooner to include his seamanship skills.

The recent photo post-639-1197239363_thumb.jpg shows that the forward/inboard leg of the peak halyard on the mainsail is chaffing against the cross tree in the double reefed position. If Reid continues to allow the chafe to occure he'll soon loose that peak halyard.

I've tried to give some honest advice directly through the 100days blog, but since there is never a reply I assume that the advice is going on deaf ears.

Despite the perpetual dark humour here in this thread the many points being made should certainly be filtered by someone in his shore support to result in things like weather routing and seamanship.

Hopefully you can look through the general perspective of the posters here at SA to understand one thing: Much of the BS comes from the absurd, rediculous & conspicuous lack of seamanship skill being displayed by Reid Stowe in his attempt to sail for 1000 days. Add the fact that he has somehow convinced an inexperience young lady to come along in this high risk adventure has a predictable outcome to those who know the sea.

Here is another question for you to ask Reid without insinuating his lack of seamanship and maybe verify that he knows something about sailing schooners: What is the (minimum) weather helm rudder angle?

The answer will let you know if he's setting the boat up to ballance the helm that, if reduced, on schooners and other tall ships is a death wish. A gybe broach will be the end of the story.

Despite the view from the dark side, I wish Reid & Sonja (or however she spells her name) Good Luck and hope they don't die trying.

Never been sea sick, but after a week-long cruise on rough seas, I was "land-sick" for a few days. Everything seemed like it was rocking, I was queasy, and the room spun every time I laid down. It sucked, and I've been told seasickness is worse than that. I'm no dummy- I drink some ginger beer and take some vitamin B when we get home from long trips- seems to do the trick. I do feel bad for her, and hopes she overcomes it- hopefully, she doesn't wait to take meds when she is to the point of not keeping anything down. Weid doesn't seem trained to administer an IV- let alone in rough seas! I, too, am anxious for their next post.

questions for metocean

1. The hermetically sealed Metocean unit, with integral back up battery, failed as a result of low voltage (9.4 volts), some months ago. How can this be so, when the unit is designed for use as a drifting buoy ?

2. If a qualified electrician spent a year on the boats electrical wiring, and there are supposedly a number of back up electrical systems, how can this unit or the backup unit not be recharged or maintain a charge ?.

3. Why didnt Metocean take that faulty unit out of service before they got to the southern ocean, and instruct Reid to replace it with the second unit, also hermetically sealed, and also featuring an integral back up battery ?

4. Why doesnt Reids unit transmit its current position to passing shipping and sailwx, like many hundreds of other units do ?

5. Did the failure of the Metocean unit to transmit its location, contribute to the risk of collision ?

6. Why are the google maps edited to remove details of passing shipping as soon as possible ?

7. Why is it that the tracks of Anne and other shipping are modified after they are posted ?

8. Why is it that whenever Anne appears to be in trouble, the maps suddenly become a lot more helpful, detailed and timely ?

9. If Anne communicates by satellite phone, why doesnt her name appear in the irridium white pages on the sailwx site and others ?

10. If Anne is a registered vessel, why isnt she listed on sailwx register of shipping and cruising yachts ?

11. Why isnt the spare unit operating simultaneously with the first unit to corroborate its accuracy ?

12. Does Metocean have any recorded occurrences of Anne being within hailing distance of another vessel.

13. Why didnt metocean make it possible for sailwx to corroborate Anne's location information ?

First post to this shipwreck... but I have to admit I have been following this thread and laughing my ass off on a daily basis. Don't know if this has been noted yet, but the vessel "Anne" is not USCG documented, nor is "Tantra." If you go to Weids website and look at the pictures, there are obviously no registration numbers on the "front" of Anne. I'm not going to say "bow" because I don't think a drifting buoy has a "bow." My Walker Bay can sail twice as fast as the cheese scow.

You can look up documented vessels here: http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

And.. if sometime in the next 700 days this guy decides to claim he is drawing hearts or seaturtles in the Gulf of Alaska.. I promise you all,me and my 5knot shitbox are going to go track down this thing and get some real evidence he is out there.

What the hell is up with that void ho music video???? At first I thought it was a fake.. but then I realized it was for real. WTF... :angry:

Hey Robin,

Maybe you're one of the Riedhovieans as the SA invented term implies and have some way of getting a direct contact with the schooner Anne.

The photos on the 1000days blog reviel much about the preparedness and fitting out of Stowe's schooner to include his seamanship skills.

The recent photo post-639-1197239363_thumb.jpg shows that the forward/inboard leg of the peak halyard on the mainsail is chaffing against the cross tree in the double reefed position. If Reid continues to allow the chafe to occure he'll soon loose that peak halyard.

Yea, well, good observation. Despite that the picture is again BOGUS!

Suppose you are out there in big waves and winds. There is wind and water everywhere. The Cheeseboat finally does more than 3 knots. AND THIS IS THE PICTURE YOU COME UP WITH?

FUCK OF REID! You are not out there!

before everyone gets concerned about seasickness, sinking and all other forms of doom, can anyone actually confirm where the fuck they are? are they really where they say they are? or is this just a giant scam that is beginning to suck even more people in?

Is there such a thing as a compulsory rescue?

ANOTHER BREAKTHROUGH.

The manual for the metocean buoy is found at

http://www.stevenswater.com/catalog/produc...llar_ST2500.pdf

It transmits at a frequency of 148 to 150.5mhz well within the ranges of most commercial shipping radios, and the same frequency as most floating buoys.

It raises the question: why is it that sailwx and other commercial shipping have not detected or reported Anne's position ?

Yea, well, good observation. Despite that the picture is again BOGUS!

Suppose you are out there in big waves and winds. There is wind and water everywhere. The Cheeseboat finally does more than 3 knots. AND THIS IS THE PICTURE YOU COME UP WITH?!

Settle down, Tacking. Weed posted the lower half of the photo in an earlier update...

post-22653-1197283316_thumb.jpg

Weather looks rough, given Weed's need to cling to the leeward side of the boom, like a gazelle, to keep from falling uphill, over the windward rail.

Revelations 11

Third gospel according to St Reid

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak Sayonara through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee,,,,

Cheese Pulp Fiction

post-14539-1197287134_thumb.jpg

First post to this shipwreck... but I have to admit I have been following this thread and laughing my ass off on a daily basis. Don't know if this has been noted yet, but the vessel "Anne" is not USCG documented, nor is "Tantra." If you go to Weids website and look at the pictures, there are obviously no registration numbers on the "front" of Anne. I'm not going to say "bow" because I don't think a drifting buoy has a "bow." My Walker Bay can sail twice as fast as the cheese scow.

You can look up documented vessels here: http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

Question of registration/documentation arose some time ago. Wasn't found.

Couldn't figure how Weed could bob around New York harbor with his artsy followers without papers as the harbor is loaded with CG and NYPD patrol boats constantly doing boardings/inspections.