• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Hi, This post of mine will surely updates knowledge and contain valuable information. However I would like suggestions about some specific information. If you can help me then please send me a private message. Many Thanks,

Get fucked troll :angry:

I'm a newb and when I first got interested in sailing, one of the sites I came across (after SA) was the 1,000 days at sea site. I read through all the postings, and later came across this thread in forums. I've spent the better part of 3 FUCKING DAYS reading through 90% of the 69 pages in this thread and I have to say it has been the most spectacular waste of time I've ever had!

Kudos!

Glad we could help

Now just remember, this is totally fucking ridiculous

Hi, This post of mine will surely updates knowledge and contain valuable information. However I would like suggestions about some specific information. If you can help me then please send me a private message. Many Thanks,

Property Directory|Wholesale Billiards|Wholesale Batteries|Stock Brokers Directory|UK Dropshippers|UK Wholesale Suppliers

wow. this thread is so famous it gets its own SPAM.

Weather forecast - 04/12/07 0700GMT

Weather bulletin for BARCELONA WORLD RACE, issued by METEOSTRATEGY,

Wednesday 05 december 2007 at 07h UTC.

While the leading group is making a wide detour, prosecutors are in the process of taking advantage of the fact that the anticyclone now lies down and stretch eastward to shorten the route. The fleet is currently sailing in a stream of N disrupted around 20kt, which explains the speed of vessels, this wind will gradually turn when moving to the east and then to be more NW then WNW tomorrow afternoon for the former.

No tempestuous winds for the moment, but a depression that will grow in the next 48 hours off the coast of South America is expected to move rapidly eastward accompanied by winds exceeding 40kt.

It's taken these boats 25 days to catch up to Weid. Sure hope they don't "bump" into him - he's a virtually stationary object out there - a highly explosive one at that.

Sunday, 02 December 2007

Wind SSE 15 knots, Course SE, Speed 3 knots, Position: 38° 42 S, 02° 59 W

Okay, this isn't the first time I've noticed this but they just did it again. Bear with me here...

Without getting too precise about it, I call SE 135 degrees. I call SSE 157 degrees. So if the wind is coming from 157 and they are able to make 135, They are 22 degrees off the breeze. Now maybe some of you have pulled this off but about the best I've done on a consistant basis is about 30 (maybe a little less) and that was on a twelve with a blade up and blowing a lot harder than 15.

Maybe it's the world's closest sailing schooner.

Maybe it's a typo.

Maybe they don't know which way they are headed.

Maybe they don't understand fundimental sailing terms.

Or maybe.... They're full of shit.

Looks like they are sailling in a NNW breeze, acording to the DAY TAH.

Maybe Weid thinks the wind is described by the direction its heading towards??????

After "30 years of sailing"......WTF?

When does the boat wreck occur? Anybody peeked at the last chapter yet?

I hope the Anne keeps her frigging lights on at night or one of these BWR boats might collide with that POS and that would be un-fucking-believable! Since the Anne doesn't seem to be showing up on all navigational sites, her position might not be known by the BWR participants. The way that POS is lucking out and holding up, she'd probably sink one of those rather expensive ships if they collided! someone e-mail the leader quick!

That might help close the gap with the Barcelona racers.

2089542586_062a7a4278_o.jpg

I hate to correct you, Regatta Dog, but bearing 272 is W, or arrow pointing to the left. (Hell, I'd be distracted too, if I were lying on the lap of that hot bitch from post 6861 ;) )

I just hope Reid doesn't use the Barcelona Race for his sinister purposes. Being rescued by one of those sailors would give him all the mainstream media access this egotistical self promoter could ever dream of. That he'd spoil the race for somebody else probably wouldn't bother him.

Let's wish the sailors in the south Atlantic a safe passage far from the Cheese Scow!

I hope the Anne keeps her frigging lights on at night or one of these BWR boats might collide with that POS and that would be un-fucking-believable! Since the Anne doesn't seem to be showing up on all navigational sites, her position might not be known by the BWR participants. The way that POS is lucking out and holding up, she'd probably sink one of those rather expensive ships if they collided! someone e-mail the leader quick!

Which Anne?

I hate to correct you, Regatta Dog, but bearing 272 is W, or arrow pointing to the left. (Hell, I'd be distracted too, if I were lying on the lap of that hot bitch from post 6861 ;) )

I think that was RD's point: if they go west, they close the gap with the racers.

Either way, since they are not going anywhere, and if they are where they claim to be, they could be seen (or worse) by the Barcelona racers.

But what are the odds?

That might help close the gap with the Barcelona racers.

2089542586_062a7a4278_o.jpg

I do believe the arrow was meant to indicate location rather than direction.

But look at that again.

They are literally spinning around with the wind. Drifting in the currents.

Explains the directional vs. "progress" over ground anomaly perfectly.

It's a freakin carnival ride.

1) Schooner Anne.

2) The odds are pretty good since Weid (a) sailed right into a Naval no fly zone and (B) SUPPOSEDLY hit the only freighter in the whole ocean.

And, as 211.885....... says, maybe Weid and Sayonara are exactly where they are on purpose to cause a spectacular, voyage ending crash!

I do believe the arrow was meant to indicate location rather than direction.

But look at that again.

They are literally spinning around with the wind. Drifting in the currents.

Explains the directional vs. "progress" over ground anomaly perfectly.

It's a freakin carnival ride.

Right on the arrow for location. I'll try to get it directional if I post another.

Now isn't that just hilarious. Sailflat, the link that you supplied, above, has now been added to the links section at 1000days blog. It wasn't there yesterday.

:P Someone put a link to Bumfuzzle Sailing on the Weid wiki page -- in my opinion, probably the best counterpoint to what the Hovians longingly call an expedition.

--

OGR

Thanks OGR. Gosgood had to eliminate the extraneous character(s) in the link for me, but it got there.

:lol:

Right on the arrow for location. I'll try to get it directional if I post another.

I simply can't understand why Weed. according to current weather reports wouldn't be bumbling E or SE. How could he be heading West?

He's once again invoked the forces only he commands.

The leader is at 41 39.46' S 8 34.17' W bearing 110 at 12.8kts

they are 260 nm apart at a bearing of 88/268 degrees

If PRB holds course and speed, it should pass 49nm directly south of the scow in 20 hours or so.

If any of the other boats cut the corner they might have problems but then Hugo Boss knows how to avoid hitting other ships

Hugo Boss vs cargo ship: looking at the manoeuvres at stake

Just hope no one tries to drag it like the mark from the front page yesterday.

Happy to help out. Here's the information:

1) 648

2) Goeldi's Marmoset

3) Mark Spitz in 1972

4) The gold standard

5) Replace the bushings

6) 1/4 cup cider vinegar

7) 3 - 4 days, depending on the temperature, humidity, etc.

8) cadmium

9) Tuesday nights at 8:00

10) Fuck off

Hope this helps.

This should be the standard answer to all and any stupid questions asked by anyone on any forum, indeed anywhere in Life.

Thank you

BS

Hay Nauti, Do you know where 21 Thornhill Drive, Dartmouth, NS is, and is it near you? That's where Metocean is. Man, if you wore that pink sweater (in your avatar) to their office, I'll bet you could find out everything we ever wanted to know about schooner Anne! Men are suckers for pink unopened sweaters, or black or puke green...any color as long as a lot of buttons are open.

And Sailflat, since you know what you're talking about, why not email one of those people who have their names listed on their contact info pages?

clemieux@metocean.com or vms.support@metocean.com and there are several others. Why, you could even call them.....

dare you :lol::P:rolleyes:

It's on the other side of the harbour from my office, but yes, i know where it is. It is very tempting to call or visit. If someone wants to summarize the issues with the data provided by their transmitter, I would seriously consider making the trek over or a phone call. I haven't been following that aspect carefully, but if someone will do that and PM me, I'll give them my email address and we can go from there.

As for the sweater, alas, it now rests on the bottom of the ocean after accidentally being packed in a spinnaker. I'm sure i can find another one which would highlight my feminine assets.

If PRB holds course and speed, it should pass 49nm directly south of the scow in 20 hours or so.

If any of the other boats cut the corner they might have problems but then Hugo Boss knows how to avoid hitting other ships

Those behind PRB are all North and would probably have a better chance of seeing them. It would be nice for Soanya to see her first sailboat.

BTW - Reid's mom celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday Mrs. Stowe! (or should we call you Mary, Mother of God?)

December 5, 2007

Day 227

Namesake of the Boat's Birthday

Wind N 10 knots, Course ESE, Speed 3 knots

Position: 40° 09 S, 00° 37 E

We named the Schooner ANNE after my mother and today is her birthday. We wish her well and many things more. She is probably getting a lot of well wishes, first from our dad, Harry, then from her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Mom is the matriarch of a great big family including a brother and sisters and all their children and grandchildren. Everybody gathers together at the family beach cottage, built by her father and mother, on the waterway in North Carolina. It was there that we learned our boating and boat building skills. I built both of my boats at the family beach cottage. Mom, being the oldest and loving her responsibilities, is in charge. We all love her and where would we be without her. The schooner is so lucky to have a namesake like her. It could have been named Harry, but I always saw the boat as a she. Hey Dad do we still have those mitts and balls? I can't wait to come home and play catch! Being isolated for so long in such a far away place brings out a lot of deep feelings. I feel pulled to the edge of human existence, but I still have longings to come back home and have it never change. Except we get a little older. Happy Birthday Mom!

Yesterday, our first day in the Southern Ocean, the wind died down and by darkness the sea was glassy, but rolly all around us. I finally lost control of the schooner because of the lack of wind and she turned around and faced west. I was a little peeved at first and got a little cranky trying to get her turned around and going. I gave up in a huff and heaved-to for the night. It didn't really matter. We weren't racing or in a hurry. I guess it came as a surprise because were expecting so much wind. By morning a light breeze picked up from the north and we got going again.

Soanya says each time I say “I think I've got the boat in good order,” something happens that gives me more work. When I see things coming together, I can't help myself. I want to re-confirm it. I think I'm ahead of the curve now. I've been saying it a lot. I think the schooner ANNE is a good boat.

Posted by Reid Stowe & Soanya Ahmad at 5:00 PM 0 comments

So, again a references to his parents. It seems he knows he will die soon and thinks about his whole life.

Nothing written by Soanya... sick of the rolling waves?

BTW I have never seen a rolly sea that was glassy, but i have not been where they are (both literally and metaphorically speaking).

Those behind PRB are all North and would probably have a better chance of seeing them. It would be nice for Soanya to see her first sailboat.

BTW - Reid's mom celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday Mrs. Stowe! (or should we call you Mary, Mother of God?) ;)

Yesterday, our first day in the Southern Ocean, the wind died down and by darkness the sea was glassy, but rolly all around us. I finally lost control of the schooner because of the lack of wind and she turned around and faced west.

Once again, Weidho is saying he's in the Southern Ocean. The agreed northern boundary is 60S. The other northern boundary contemplated but rejected because it passed through South America was 50S. I think he's going to try and say that he and only he, the mighty sailorman, with all his voodoo lucky charms, has tamed the great ocean. I wish The Sea would smack his butt just to remind him of who is really in charge.

Overall not only does he look like a total flake but he also looks like he's stupid. Anyone with half a brain (even those followers who are mathematically challenged) can look up the Southern Ocean.

Once again, Weidho is saying he's in the Southern Ocean. The agreed northern boundary is 60S. The other northern boundary contemplated but rejected because it passed through South America was 50S. I think he's going to try and say that he and only he, the mighty sailorman, with all his voodoo lucky charms, has tamed the great ocean. I wish The Sea would smack his butt just to remind him of who is really in charge.

Overall not only does he look like a total flake but he also looks like he's stupid. Anyone with half a brain (even those followers who are mathematically challenged) can look up the Southern Ocean.

I will. I'm just fucking with him until the legal department assures me my ass is covered from litigation. Besides which, I'm having too much fun with the Barcelona race to risk collateral damage.

And for the record, the Southern Ocean, as per our charter, doeas not have a boundary set in stone. Rather, it's based more on how far up he can reach. He's a really angry ocean with MAJOR issues. He's also up on the whole Reid and Soanya thing and is jonesing to take a stab at him.

Trust me, when the time is right, The Sea will make this punk wish he had taken an interest in dressage.

Sincerely,

The Sea

I will. I'm just fucking with him until the legal department assures me my ass is covered from litigation. Besides which, I'm having too much fun with the Barcelona race to risk collateral damage.

And for the record, the Southern Ocean, as per our charter, doeas not have a boundary set in stone. Rather, it's based more on how far up he can reach. He's a really angry ocean with MAJOR issues. He's also up on the whole Reid and Soanya thing and is jonesing to take a stab at him.

Trust me, when the time is right, The Sea will make this punk wish he had taken an interest in dressage.

Sincerely,

The Sea

Cheese, I thought he was into dressage already, what with how he mounts Sayonara every day! I am patiently awaiting your punishment, Mr. Sea! Fondly yours, a Pisces, therefore a lover of The Sea :wub:

It's on the other side of the harbour from my office, but yes, i know where it is. It is very tempting to call or visit. If someone wants to summarize the issues with the data provided by their transmitter, I would seriously consider making the trek over or a phone call. I haven't been following that aspect carefully, but if someone will do that and PM me, I'll give them my email address and we can go from there.

As for the sweater, alas, it now rests on the bottom of the ocean after accidentally being packed in a spinnaker. I'm sure i can find another one which would highlight my feminine assets.

Hey Timmy, here's your chance to get the scoop. Nauti is willing to contact Metocean if she has the proper info to approach them with. You've done a lot of researching Metocean and have come up with numerous inconsistencies and some good questions, so Nauti's your girl to talk to...PM her TTT and let me know. :P

Anyone with half a brain (even those followers who are mathematically challenged) can look up the Southern Ocean.

You realize the VO70s weren't south of 60S?

“We named the Schooner Anne after my mother…”

That’s just more fn Weid-Spin bullshit. Whatever works. The Anne was NOTnamed for his mother ~ it was first named Tantra. “Anne” was the second of his three wives, and thus the change. Now he tells the heart-warming tale of how he first wanted to name his boat “Mom & Dad”… but settled on "Anne"….*time out to wipe a tear”

This guy should know, huh? He barely survived his time on the scow. I'm including the whole letter as it illustrates Weid’s “seamanship” as well.

R_BOOTH post 414 has a “Letters” section from Latitude 38….

IT HAPPENED BEFORE MICK JAGGER WAS TO BOARD

A while back you asked if we readers thought Reid Stowe — who on April 21 took off from Hoboken, New Jersey, with his young girlfriend Soanya on their 70-ft schooner Anne for a 1,000-mile non-stop voyage to nowhere — was: A) One of the last great adventurers, A wing nut looking for publicity, or C) A hero for trying to spend three years with nobody but a woman half his age.

Well, I know Reid, and owe many of the major changes in my life to him. For example, he convinced me to sail to the Caribbean aboard the schooner Tantra, which is what Anne was named before he changed it. Even though my only prior sailing experience was on a Sunfish, he made me the first mate. It turned out that none of the other crew had any sea experience either. The months aboard Tantra would make a great subject for several chapters in a book. For instance, we were bounced across Frying Pan shoals for at least three hours during a storm one night. Then we sailed through the eye of a hurricane, the original Katrina back in November '80. The main halyard was wrapped around the prop, so we had no motor to help us.

We ultimately made it to English Harbor, where we intended to charter her. The Nicholsons booked Mick Jagger for our first trip, only to have the engine fill up with seawater the night before he was to board. So we lost that one. As a result, I started paddling around English Harbor applying my electrical skills to earn boat money — and thus the seeds were planted for my existing business, Sea Wiz Marine. One of the big charter yachts later signed me on as first mate and, as a result, I've made a career out of sailing and yachting.

I have to say that much of the good that has happened to me was because of Reid, so the real answer to your question is 'all of the above'. He's a visionary hero wing nut with a very young girlfriend — to say the least.

Tom Dodamead

Sea Wiz Marine

Marathon, Florida

What is 'Sea Wiz' a metaphore for?

Does Stowe have any abord?

TBG.

It's the guy's company. I checked his website and he's definitely a credible source:

Tired of warm beer? Let Sea Wiz Marine install an efficient refrigeration system in your boat. Stop camping and start cruising!

'nuff said.

Once I got past the idiot's bellhop uniform, I couldn't help wondering what THAT GUY was thinking. His face screams "Oh, bullshit!" Today I think I found what he was hearing at that very moment. This was from 9/12: Zen and the Art of Sail Maintenance, and Weid tells us:

“This is art, a beautiful timeless creation. As a Zen adventurer, I have been making paintings out of sailcloth since the 70's... When I needed a canvas to paint on, there were old sails available. It happened so naturally, I didn't realize I was doing it until years later when I had developed my trademark style, beautiful old sails and art history-informed post-modern visual quests. The sails spoke to me as I touched them with an open state of mind hour after hour. Often the voice of a man who had stitched them comes through. I realized the paintings were empowered not only by me…” :blink:

post-22901-1196906559_thumb.jpg

Yep, that does it for me! He's credible. Guy keeps the beer cool!

But no way am I going to be convinced that Weid almost took Mick Jagger for a sail! First Jimmy Buffet, then talk of Bob Dylan's boat and now Mick? What, no Jim Morrison? Janis? Frigging liar.

Anyway, on to today's post. Out of 226 days he has only lost control of the boat once and he has a hissy fit. I can just imagine what one of his tantrums consists of...a stomp off to his yoga platform, throwing himself on it and rocking as hard as he can, wailing for the sea gods to make things better. And the reason he lost control? For the first time since the naval disaster he actually had to steer the boat somewhere...and it wouldn't do it :lol::lol: He also jinxed himself big time by saying everything seems to be in order. The minute you say things are going good they tend to fall apart.

Happy to help out. Here's the information:

1) 648

2) Goeldi's Marmoset

3) Mark Spitz in 1972

4) The gold standard

5) Replace the bushings

6) 1/4 cup cider vinegar

7) 3 - 4 days, depending on the temperature, humidity, etc.

8) cadmium

9) Tuesday nights at 8:00

10) Fuck off

Hope this helps.

LMAO!! OK RD, now fill in the blanks, please, and explain the train of thought that put these together. I see the Spitz/gold connection, and it's a reach, but maybe even the bushings/vinegar/3-4 days...humidity and cad = not good... so who pisses you off on Tuesday nights at 8:00?

Uh, guys? Wasn't today the day we were supposed to stay off the 1000 days site, to see how much of it's traffic is just us?

After significant research I have debunked this whole ordeal. There simply isn't enough room on board for 1,000 days of toilet paper. That or EEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

MT

You must shit an inhuman amount.

Okay, so I was bored... but for future reference, this is what 1000 rolls of TP looks like:

The french maid is purely for scale, I didn't draw her. What the hell's up with her face, anyways?

post-10716-1196917209_thumb.png

What the hell's up with her face, anyways?

Isn’t it obvious? She is holding back a branch of yellow “IVY” that is trying to wrap itself around her throat and “talk” to her

So, again a references to his parents. It seems he knows he will die soon and thinks about his whole life.

Nothing written by Soanya... sick of the rolling waves?

BTW I have never seen a rolly sea that was glassy, but i have not been where they are (both literally and metaphorically speaking).

There must be at least one crew out there racing that could steer towards the POS and confirm that she or is not actually not where she says she is. ?

Imagine the media attention that such a boat would get with the photo !!!! The sponsors would love it.... and all it takes is a tiny change of course.....

COME ON BARCELONA SPONSORS..... PASS THE INFO TO THE NAVIGATORS..... OR AT LEAST PUT IN A PHONE CALL....

LMAO!! OK RD, now fill in the blanks, please, and explain the train of thought that put these together. I see the Spitz/gold connection, and it's a reach, but maybe even the bushings/vinegar/3-4 days...humidity and cad = not good... so who pisses you off on Tuesday nights at 8:00?

JP - Just random answers to what might have been construed as a request for information :blink:

Glad you got a laugh out of it, but you are trying too hard. This is SA and not "The Da vinci Code".

The drift buoy SchoonerAnne might be turning into a sailboat whether the good cappy wants it so or not...He also might want to put less south and more east into his drift.

If he can - he might not be able to. I think he might be in the current and he's afraid to really sail that boat because he's singlehanded and using all kinds of bits from construction sites to rig the boat. God knows how those are holding up and how easy/hard managing sails will be. Plus his sails are falling apart and he's probably gonna blow more seams as the wind picks up.

Guess it's time to prepare for heavy weather sailing. Get out extra toilet paper and the barf bucket for Soanya.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning - Winston Churchill

It is definitely the end of the beginning. With their limited mobility and approaching weather, I believe they have painted themselves into a corner where their only option will be to keep painting. I believe, and hope, they will be on terra firma by xmas.....most likely sans boat.

You must shit an inhuman amount.

Okay, so I was bored... but for future reference, this is what 1000 rolls of TP looks like:

The french maid is purely for scale, I didn't draw her. What the hell's up with her face, anyways?

MY intestinal fortitude is just fine. However, after some 230 days on sprouts and beans it can't be pretty for the head system. UMMMMMMMM, fix the crack in the hull with paper mache' reinforced with ivy branches then? Pound in some cheese/pubes for good measure-the "living" repair... ;)

MT

Anyone feel like plotting how close Joyon will get to Anne?

At 10.40 UTC he was at 37°06 7°38 heading 131 at about 24 knots.

Based on the last location of 40 09 S 00 37 E their bearing to the scow is 113 degrees

they shouldn't come within 100nm of the cheese scow.

In the Barcelona race Temenos 2 is 606nm away and bearing down on the cheese scow.

Their current course is 107 degrees and the bearing to the scow is 105 degrees

If they continue on at the same bearing they will be within 20nm at the closest point

Looks like everyone else in the race has passed them or will pass to the west heading to the southern ocean.

Thought this was an interesting tidbit about life aboard a BWR boat (Hugo Boss in this case)...especially when comparing it to life aboard the good schooner Anne.

we have central heating on board!! It’s not a 3 star hotel…it’s a five star hotel, we have got everything- a Jacuzzi, a bit cold but a good Jacuzzi the heater, bath robes, very cheap internet access..what more could you ask for? It’s capey doing the room service. I just ring a little bell, choose from the menu and he comes!

I wonder...is NASA more likely to have a big budget for a Mars mission (dwarfing even an AC campaign) and have goodies like this, or an Anne-sized budget and sprouts? ;)

Anyway, an amusing juxtuposition, especially when drawing parallels between Capey and Soanya...lol

If Stowe can keep from going too far south, SchoonerAnne will have a few days of following winds at +20kts, along with a favorable currrent and following seas. Great conditions for the Barcelona bunch. Following that fleet will show you were Stowe doesn't want to be.

This is old news, but their picture again does not match the conditions:

Wind N 10 knots, Course ESE, Speed 3 knots

Position: 40° 09 S, 00° 37 E

The picture shows a close-hauled trim of the sails (not a broad reach) and they sail on the wrong tack.

I know the conditions change, but as with so many of these pictures, they could have been taken anywhere and at any time. We have seen a lot of inside pictures as well. When it is actually windy the pictures do not load, so we only see these drift-pictures. There has been one picture which shows a bit of wind and heel, but nothing too dramatic. So I hope with their next encounter with some wind we have the opportunity to see some evidence that they are out there.

As I said many time before, I suspect that they are not actually where they claim to be. I know some of you think that we who think this is a scam should take our medication, but ... 225 on the ocean without a storm... they are now supposedly in a stormy area. The wind just dies as soon as they get there and their experiences do not quite match the wind recordings at locations not too far away from them.

Also, drifting 3 knots with a 70 footer... that seems to me nearly impossible. Would you have any control over the boat and where it is heading?

Obviously, if they are out there they will encounter heavy weather soon, and then major things will happen on the boat.

If they're not toast after that system, they will surly be in a world of hurt with a floundering scow. No turning back now - he's pretty much one a one way drift ticket to a place that has taken down better....

Oh, they will miraculously find another patch of glassy sea...

OOOPS!

Updated : 6/12/2007

Weather forecast - 06/12/07 0700GMT

Thursday 06 december 2007 at 07h UTC.

The skippers will sail all the day at the front of the trough extending to the depression centered by 40°S/016°W. Winds will be NW freshening 25/30kt and gusting 40kt. All is shifting to the southeast and boats will be taken tomorrow in a stream of NW growing stronger locally 30/35kt gusts 50kt with heavy rain.

For the outlook, it will be necessary to keep an eye on the trajectory of a depression that is gradually deepening, it is expected by 34°S/028°W by 07 december at 12h utc followed by 50°S/003°E on 09 december at 00h utc. Winds will be increasing up to 40kt in average and gusting to 60kt and waves up to 7 meters.

Today thier post is about Jon Sanders. A pretty nice tribute to him. It reads in part:

He is the consummate sailor. He loves it. He is skilled, athletic, tough, faultless, humble, likeable, and has become the gracious hero of Australian sailing. I think he should be better known around the world, but few other sailors have heard of him. When asked why did he do it, he answers “Because I like it out there.”

For those of you who think we're being exceptionally hard on Reid, one of the key issues with most of us is his absolute lack of humility. Jon did it because he "likes it out there". Reid is the 6 year old kid doing nothing of any substance but still screaming "Look at me, everyone, look at me!".

He's an arrogant fuck of no substance who deserves whatever he gets. I predict that once they hit rough water, it will be Soanya that forces him to abandon this shit-flush. He'll publish a book that will be a flop and spend the rest of his days on the Arizona New Age Lecture circuit signing autographs, eating peyote, schlepping crystals, and making "art" out of rattle snake shit. Soanya will spend her first months ashore in the relative safety of a rubber room. Upon her release she'll make a few bucks doing a spread for Larry Flynt in Hustler Magazine where she'll be overwhelmed at her first encounter with a real penis (she knows what a big dick is, but...), then she'll spend a few years as a porn star known as So-on-ya Minitits and the rest of her days she'll be working the graveyard shift pouring slushies at a minimart in South East Trenton.

Yeah......That's what'll happen.....

OOOPS!

Updated : 6/12/2007

Weather forecast - 06/12/07 0700GMT

Thursday 06 december 2007 at 07h UTC.

The skippers will sail all the day at the front of the trough extending to the depression centered by 40°S/016°W. Winds will be NW freshening 25/30kt and gusting 40kt. All is shifting to the southeast and boats will be taken tomorrow in a stream of NW growing stronger locally 30/35kt gusts 50kt with heavy rain.

For the outlook, it will be necessary to keep an eye on the trajectory of a depression that is gradually deepening, it is expected by 34°S/028°W by 07 december at 12h utc followed by 50°S/003°E on 09 december at 00h utc. Winds will be increasing up to 40kt in average and gusting to 60kt and waves up to 7 meters.

Something tells me that only the Barcelona Racers will experience those winds...

post-22200-1196972494_thumb.jpgpost-22200-1196972563_thumb.jpg

I am starting to feel that the Cheese Scow is giving Schooners a bad name, especially now that She has an amputated bowsprit that further enhances her ugliness.

So that none of us forget how magnificent a Schooner can be, check out this 135' beauty.

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub...eleonora-e-1057

nice pics!

They probably can do 3 knots just with the jib...

Today thier post is about Jon Sanders. A pretty nice tribute to him. It reads in part:

For those of you who think we're being exceptionally hard on Reid, one of the key issues with most of us is his absolute lack of humility. Jon did it because he "likes it out there". Reid is the 6 year old kid doing nothing of any substance but still screaming "Look at me, everyone, look at me!".

He's an arrogant fuck of no substance who deserves whatever he gets. I predict that once they hit rough water, it will be Soanya that forces him to abandon this shit-flush. He'll publish a book that will be a flop and spend the rest of his days on the Arizona New Age Lecture circuit signing autographs, eating peyote, schlepping crystals, and making "art" out of rattle snake shit. Soanya will spend her first months ashore in the relative safety of a rubber room. Upon her release she'll make a few bucks doing a spread for Larry Flynt in Hustler Magazine where she'll be overwhelmed at her first encounter with a real penis (she knows what a big dick is, but...), then she'll spend a few years as a porn star known as So-on-ya Minitits and the rest of her days she'll be working the graveyard shift pouring slushies at a minimart in South East Trenton.

Yeah......That's what'll happen.....

:huh::lol: Regatta Dog, you need to find a way to turn your talent (if you haven't already) into $$$$$.

Regatta, good thing I wasn't drinking anything! LMAO at So-on-ya Minitits... :lol::P:lol:

Nice pic, Swan, of a beauty. ;)

I wonder if Weid's land support crew has any awareness of the BWR. If so, I would expect Weid's weather claims in the next three days would have to sort of reflect what the rest of the world is seeing happening at the 40-45S and 0-10W locations. And cheeses, I've experienced incredible weather differences right in the same spot on Long Island Sound in a week period and he hasn't seen any bad weather for 226 days? Yep, he's sailing... :blink:

I noticed a discrepancy I was hoping someone could shed some light on. For the past few days, the Google Earth heading for Anne has been consistently South Westerly (245ish). Tracking their progress (and I use that term loosely), however, they've clearly been inching out an ESE course. :blink:

It appears to be a problem with Google Earth's interpretation of the data. Anyone have any other explanation, either real or satirical?

It appears to be a problem with Google Earth's interpretation of the data. Anyone have any other explanation, either real or satirical?

it's common for charting programs to assume all east or all west longitudes (using negatives when necessary); it may be making the wrong assumption. That would only screw up the easting or westing portion and explain what I believe you are saying.

Given the fluky nature of the St. Helena high they are wallowing in, their reports, while lacking any sensible sailing detail, might nevertheless be consistent with the conditions. But the next 48 hours will tell the story. The contrast between them stuck in the high and the Barcelona boats and IDEC screaming past just 100nm miles to the SW is clear on the wind/waves maps here:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/cgi-bin/...prod=wnd_wav_ht. But they will shortly be caught up and first sucked south and then if still afloat perhaps spat out north to Cape Town. Maybe the local anarchists can keep a lookout for them!

Anyone feel like plotting how close Joyon will get to Anne?

At 10.40 UTC he was at 37°06 7°38 heading 131 at about 24 knots.

MARIAN!!

Fancy seeing you HERE!!

Question:

Do you think EB would consider employing Reedy Weedy as his personal adviser for the “Americas Cup”? A man of Weedys undoubted supreme sailing abilities, financial acumen (scrounging), knack of motivation and controlling conflicting personalities, a true conversationalist (actually makes love to “Ivy”) and just an awesome, plain, “good fellow” (a legend in his own mind).

The time frame should not be a problem as, even if Weedy should actually be “away” for 1000 days, he should still be back with plenty of time to spare (years) before the next AM challenge actually moves out of the courts and gets underway?

Jesse?

Yes, I was reading Scuttlebutt this evening and noted that Jesse posted a letter to the Editor about the AC.

I actually miss the guy.

He was actually posting about safety in another article

* From Jesse Falsone: In response to Jesse Fradkin's assertion in Issue 2490

that "It has always been the relativity of speed on a sailboat that brings

the thrill of racing", I believe that high-performance sailors everywhere

will vehemently disagree. It is the competition in slow boats that makes them

"exciting" to race. It is when you combine speed and competition that true

thrills are achieved in sailboat racing. However, I do agree with Mr. Fradkin

that safety has seemingly fallen victim to performance in some sailing arenas, as witnessed by the alarming rate at which canting keels have failed

in the past few years. Let's keep pushing the speed envelope, but keep in

mind that you can't win if you don't finish.

Wonder if he was thinking about his so called friend Weedy at the time

Regatta, good thing I wasn't drinking anything! LMAO at So-on-ya Minitits... :lol::P:lol:

Nice pic, Swan, of a beauty. ;)

........I've experienced incredible weather differences right in the same spot on Long Island Sound in a week period and he hasn't seen any bad weather for 226 days? Yep, he's sailing... :blink:

This is what I tried to say:) no way to have the same kinda weather so long if you stay on the same spot. Though they are not on the same location, taken their "area" of "sailing", their "speed", one can assume that they are on the same spot in the last few days...........but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven....in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions........

This is what I tried to say:) no way to have the same kinda weather so long if you stay on the same spot. Though they are not on the same location, taken their "area" of "sailing", their "speed", one can assume that they are on the same spot in the last few days...........but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven...in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions........

...but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven..

..... my initial response after reading this a few times, was an indignant 'oh, for fucks sake.......'. However that may seem a tad harsh. So I'll leave the 'oh' out.

For fucks sake, what sort of twaddle is that? I'm not even going to try and figure that bullshit out.

.in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions...

This statement does elicit a response:

I care. The 'miserable people' (I refuse to acknowledge 'folks' as a description of dedicated individuals) are applying acquired skills, physical and mental fortitude, dedication to a goal and BALLS to do something. No angel-like nonsense, etc.

Your opinion is valued. However, mix the rum or mull the ivy a little thinner before posting such bollocks.

I normally let such unbelievably trite observations slide under my radar, but come on ...... are you for real?

...but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven..

..... my initial response after reading this a few times, was an indignant 'oh, for fucks sake.......'. However that may seem a tad harsh. So I'll leave the 'oh' out.

For fucks sake, what sort of twaddle is that? I'm not even going to try and figure that bullshit out.

.in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions...

This statement does elicit a response:

I care. The 'miserable people' (I refuse to acknowledge 'folks' as a description of dedicated individuals) are applying acquired skills, physical and mental fortitude, dedication to a goal and BALLS to do something. No angel-like nonsense, etc.

Your opinion is valued. However, mix the rum or mull the ivy a little thinner before posting such bollocks.

I normally let such unbelievably trite observations slide under my radar, but come on ...... are you for real?

Sorry mate seems the week took the best part of ur brain away. Change the angle, cool down, have a beer and read it again.....and try to see this " in the text, read it again, open another beer, read it again, and think......it was kinda joke, bad though, now say fuck, shit and all what you want, you are free to express ur opinion

MARIAN!!

Fancy seeing you HERE!!

Question:

Do you think EB would consider employing Reedy Weedy as his personal adviser for the "Americas Cup"? A man of Weedys undoubted supreme sailing abilities, financial acumen (scrounging), knack of motivation and controlling conflicting personalities, a true conversationalist (actually makes love to "Ivy") and just an awesome, plain, "good fellow" (a legend in his own mind).

The time frame should not be a problem as, even if Weedy should actually be "away" for 1000 days, he should still be back with plenty of time to spare (years) before the next AM challenge actually moves out of the courts and gets underway?

Good idea, only snag is a DoG fight seems most likely so he won't be back in time! :( On the other hand, given Weedy's ability to influence the weather .....................

This is what I tried to say:) no way to have the same kinda weather so long if you stay on the same spot. Though they are not on the same location, taken their "area" of "sailing", their "speed", one can assume that they are on the same spot in the last few days...........but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven....in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions........

post-22200-1197034141.jpg

I hope that post was a joke or I am keeping a loaded gun within arms reach.

post-22200-1197034141.jpg

I hope that post was a joke or I am keeping a loaded gun within arms reach.

Oh hell...... Guys, gimme a break, I try again

This is what I tried to say:) no way to have the same kinda weather so long if you stay on the same spot.

I am sure you all noticed, that their daily blog always talk about the same weather. No strong wind, no steep waves, just clear sky and sunshine, okay, occasionally some clouds.....

Though they are not on the same location, taken their "area" of "sailing", their "speed", one can assume that they are on the same spot in the last few days...........

They dont sail, they drif - as you all know better than me.......

but we are all wrong, reading the post I got the feeling that Reid is a kinda "angel like" creature, therefore he might have the abilities to create constant good weather around the boat, hence they sail in heaven....

Read all their posts? I am sure you did.......what do you think about him and the way he writes???????? kinda like someone who has a close connection to god, as god protects him to meet the real weather in the ocean. Who has real close connection to god? an "angel like" creature.... angels live in heaven, where the weather is always good........

in this case who cares about the miserable foks trying to race their way around the world in hard conditions........

This thread talk alot about them and not about those who really sail. - this was the part of the sarcasm.....obviously it was hard to notice.....

Anyway folks, off to the Paris Boat Show and to have a beer

Was it determined that the ivy plant on the cheese scow was in fact English ivy? If so, Weed is wrong once again -- the plant isn't trying to show him affection, it is trying to kill him . . . .even the ivy plant knows what a tool he is!!

And Soyana, if you are reading this, a little tip . . . . put the berries in his sprout salad for a little "variety."

"Gee Weed, our ivy pet gave us such beautiful berries, I just HAD to put them in the sprout salad for a little variety! No, no, I'm full. Eat up honey!"

Notes on poisoning: Hedera helix

General poisoning notes:

English ivy (Hedera helix) is an indoor and outdoor ornamental vine. This plant contains saponins, which have caused poisoning in cattle, dogs, sheep, and humans. Two chemicals in the sap can also cause severe contact dermatitis in sensitive humans. [Weed has told us time and again how "sensitive" he is!] Cases of poisoning are found in older European literature; the plant grows naturally in Europe. Cattle that ingested large quantities of the vines were ill for a few days. Humans who ingested the berries have shown symptoms, including coma. Dermatitis is rare but can be severe. Weeping lesions and blisters respond slowly to treatment (Cooper and Johnson 1984, Massmanian et al. 1980). Family pets should not be allowed to eat English ivy leaves.