• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

So, how is the vessel tracking unit #MET595 able to report such a steady NE heading for the past few days, especially in light of the data shown on the GPS :blink:

Isn't the MET buoy only sampled/reports on the hour or every several hours. If a drunk leaves the corner bar and stumbles home, if his last reported postion is the bar and his newest position home, it will appear he walked a straight line.

There's definitely some crazy involved, just not clear from which side.

First of all, welcome back Nauti! I was afraid that you had gone to Metocean and someone there had you locked in a closet because they had been found out! I'm sure you'll see that it's been quite interesting the last couple days. The hovians have been caught in several lies...

And on that note, how fucking ridiculous that, after all this time, TODAY Weid posts a pic of him by the GPS! Sailflat, blow their story out of the water! I make a comment that we won't believe where they are until I see a pic of them holding up that day's edition of the NY Post and they post something showing their GPS? Well, the whole thing has been manipulated by the hovian landlubbers, why not add this to their list of editing machinations?

His land crew has even had to audacity to go back through R&S's daily postings and deleted the ones we have disproved....what the fuck is that all about? Can't wait for this to blow up with a huge bang! :blink:

Thanks aseawolf. I'm slowly catching up on our part of this mess, then will go back and read his blog.

It's always interesting when the Hovians come out to play here; I get all kinds of material for my insult database. :lol:

On the bright side, I had a very good reason for being absent. He's 5 years my junior, tall, dark and handsome. Not a sailor, but I can work on that part. :wub:

Two things are amazing me:

1 - The "fake position" theory is going strong when it would be exceedingly hard or impossible to pull off without Metocean support.

2 - The Hovians and SA have become co-dependent. We don't want them to sink because then we would have to find something else as funny as all of this, which is not very likely :lol::lol: For some reason, which if I had to guess is no one on the planet outside of SA cares one bit about them, the Hovians seem to react to every little thing that happens here :lol:

OK, actually three things amaze me:

I still don't get how they sail halfway around the fakin planet and seem to have less weather issues than I do going over to Annapolis for a beer.

Hey Nauti, welcome back!

Yes, I called the Canadian authorities as I thought you were brainwashed during your visit to Metocean. I called to the Nova Scotia police and talked to a guy called John. Really a nice fellow. He referred me to a Joe at Metocean who called me back later on. He said he talked to you indeed and that he thought you were pretty cute, but asked some tough questions. Metocean decided to take down the tracking of the cheese scow until things blew over, and they indeed anticipated brainwashing you, but Reid was nowhere to be found. He was impressed by your escape from their basement.

Well, I am glad you are back and safe!

And ...

you are ...

right:

This is totally fucking ridiculous!

:lol::lol::P:lol:

Aw, you guys are so sweet.

A bonus to my job is that there is about 20 police and military officers that we deal with. I had only met a handful of them until Thursday night at a work function. 2 local police officers in particular I spent a good chunk of time chatting up, so I figure should I ever find myself in trouble, they should come in handy. ;)

Isn't the MET buoy only sampled/reports on the hour or every several hours. If a drunk leaves the corner bar and stumbles home, if his last reported postion is the bar and his newest position home, it will appear he walked a straight line.

There's definitely some crazy involved, just not clear from which side.

You're absotively right, but remember this "drunk" has to think to shuffle and stumble back to the right spot so when vessel tracking unit MET595 takes the next "snapshot" the track will look like a straight line. Not hard to do when you're talking about two or three pos reports over time, but to accomplish this every hour over a matter of days takes a pretty sober drunk.

Aw, you guys are so sweet.

A bonus to my job is that there is about 20 police and military officers that we deal with. I had only met a handful of them until Thursday night at a work function. 2 local police officers in particular I spent a good chunk of time chatting up, so I figure should I ever find myself in trouble, they should come in handy. ;)

So, you like men in uniform!!

DATACHEK

Let's figure that the numbahs on that GPS screen are the numbahs in that GPS unit. How do they stack up against the numbahs being reported by vessel tracking unit MET595

Note the heading...East :blink:

Note the speed...2.9kts

Note the lat/lon shown on the GPS are approx the coordinates reported by MET595 @ 15:06:37 GMT

Note the position report by MET595 for the hour before and the hour after the GPS photo

No easting detected in any of the plots and the SOG has been fairly consistent at around 3.75 kts.

It is possible that in order for cappy and crew to take the photo, they had to leave the helm and the boat just decided to alter course. Which brings up another point. It's very hard to out drive a wind vane, and most auto helms will steer a pretty straight course if you keep the memory clean and the heat down. But a boat with the wheel lashed down will tend toward a point on the horizon but over time the course will be a wandering one. So, how is the vessel tracking unit #MET595 able to report such a steady NE heading for the past few days, especially in light of the data shown on the GPS :blink:

What about the time. I have not owned a boat with a GPS in the last six years, but I remember having a gps that was for 45 minutes late when I first installed it. The indicated position was not even in the state where I lived.

So, I don't know this model, but the time is off (as Reid himself admits), probably by several hours.

Two questions:

1. Does this model not update its time automatically?

2. If the time is off would it still work properly?

What about the time. I have not owned a boat with a GPS in the last six years, but I remember having a gps that was for 45 minutes late when I first installed it. The indicated position was not even in the state where I lived.

So, I don't know this model, but the time is off (as Reid himself admits), probably by several hours.

Two questions:

1. Does this model not update its time automatically?

2. If the time is off would it still work properly?

A GPS can NOT function without an extremely precise timing. It has to be updated by the satellite.

Woof!!

All you other dogs get back or I'll eat you... Really! I'm a killer!

post-12055-1197754208_thumb.jpg

post-12055-1197754357_thumb.jpg

And on that note, how fucking ridiculous that, after all this time, TODAY Weid posts a pic of him by the GPS! Sailflat, blow their story out of the water! I make a comment that we won't believe where they are until I see a pic of them holding up that day's edition of the NY Post and they post something showing their GPS?

Hey, Genius.....

The reason the pic with Reid next to a GPS was taken is because marian, who is a real journalist (BYM News), asked them to take it. It's amazing the kind of response you get when someone without a tinfoil hat on asks for info.

Thanks, marian.

A GPS can NOT function without an extremely precise timing. It has to be updated by the satellite.

That's what I was thinking!

So, the fucking picture does not make any sense...

They are out there without a proper fucntioning GPS, or they are not out there ...

Hey, Genius.....

The reason the pic with Reid next to a GPS was taken is because marian, who is a real journalist (BYM News), asked them to take it. It's amazing the kind of response you get when someone without a tinfoil hat on asks for info.

Thanks, marian.

MR. Shife,

Maybe it is your turn to take a break. Marian asked Metocean to have Reid take a pic, and they did. You are right that far (as far as I can tell). But take a look at the picture! That picture still does not prove that they are out there! Even more, it shows a wrong time. Reid admits that it is on the wrong time. And that means that the whole GPS unit will not work correctly!

A real journalist? WTF? A journalist should ask critical questions, and never accept a bullshit answer!

So Marian, please ask Metocean about that!

That's what I was thinking!

So, the fucking picture does not make any sense...

They are out there without a proper fucntioning GPS, or they are not out there ...

Guys, you're looking at the display. A GPS has the most accurate clock/timing you will likely ever be exposed to. Does this unit have the ability to set a timezone manually FOR DISPLAY? Most do.

Mine is set to EST/EDT. There is no way I know of to INPUT a bad time to a GPS.

I didn't read all the noise, were the minutes off as well? If so, I'm Rosannadannadanna and my apologies.

Just so folks know, the time displayed has nothing to do with the functioning of the GPS, there is such a thing as GPS time that is used to calculate UTC and it's derivatives.

Wtf… you guys (conspiracy theorist) are hilarious!

This picture does NOT prove that they are NOT there. The only credible statement, that was conjured up by Born2sail, was the heading variation off by 90 degrees. I certainly don’t think that is any evidence of them NOT being there.

BTW Born2…. Your updates are appreciated and half the time I have no idea what kind of map I’m looking at. I’m not even a 2nd rate hack of an open ocean sailor but I’d think, if they are really there, that’s a bad to be and it’s taking them forever to get around it. Anyways… keep your ideas coming.

DaveK

MR. Shife,

Maybe it is your turn to take a break. Marian asked Metocean to have Reid take a pic, and they did. You are right that far (as far as I can tell). But take a look at the picture! That picture still does not prove that they are out there! Even more, it shows a wrong time. Reid admits that it is on the wrong time. And that means that the whole GPS unit will not work correctly!

A real journalist? WTF? A journalist should ask critical questions, and never accept a bullshit answer!

Of course I will, I specifically asked Metocean to get the pic taken at the same time as the tracker was sending its signal.

I'm going to call Furuno as well and question them about the time, but I can't contact either until Monday, at least not without using a mobile number and I don't do that weekends unless I HAVE to.

I must say that I really don't expect either company to come up with anything that indicates they are anywhere other than where they are supposed to be and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they have decided to give up and head for Madagascar. Whatever their motives for this saga, I'm sure they set out believing their journey would set the world alight and the fact is it hasn't.

I know Alexa rankings are highly unreliable, but they do give an indication of interest in a site, especially when it is close to zero. Three months ago, 1000days had a ranking of 530,925; last week it was 2,547,887. I'd say that means that few outside SA followers of this thread looked in last week, wouldn't you?

Of course I will, I specifically asked Metocean to get the pic taken at the same time as the tracker was sending its signal.

I'm going to call Furuno as well and question them about the time, but I can't contact either until Monday, at least not without using a mobile number and I don't do that weekends unless I HAVE to.

I must say that I really don't expect either company to come up with anything that indicates they are anywhere other than where they are supposed to be and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they have decided to give up and head for Madagascar. Whatever their motives for this saga, I'm sure they set out believing their journey would set the world alight and the fact is it hasn't.

I know Alexa rankings are highly unreliable, but they do give an indication of interest in a site, especially when it is close to zero. Three months ago, 1000days had a ranking of 530,925; last week it was 2,547,887. I'd say that means that few outside SA followers of this thread looked in last week, wouldn't you?

Yes, true. It is nuts

The timing issue is perhaps not an issue... depending upon the model.

It remains weird that they could send this picture, while they could not send any pictures of their wild ride in the storm...

But I will stop now with my theories ... at least for now

I didn't read all the noise, were the minutes off as well? If so, I'm Rosannadannadanna and my apologies.

Just so folks know, the time displayed has nothing to do with the functioning of the GPS, there is such a thing as GPS time that is used to calculate UTC and it's derivatives.

Would you care to elaborate on that? Really.. If I'm gonna sit through this BS entertainment, I might as well learn something.

I just can't imagine why the displayed time would be different? The time a gps uses has to be (wild ass guess) accurate to miliseconds if not more. As I drift off thinking how complicated this really is......

MR. Shife,

Tacking...

Whatever time the GPS is displaying is simply a function of how the user wishes the time to be displayed. Perhaps it would be more accurate and meaningful to say that Reid's GPS is displaying the wrong timezone, and they can't remember, offhand, how to change the displayed timezone.

The GPS gets its timing signal from the satellites and does not rely on user input to determine what time it is. The user cannot change the time, but they can change the displayed timezone. Setting the GPS to display a timezone not consistent with its location does not render the GPS useless -- all you're asking it to do is to add an offset to what it already knows to be the correct time.

To whoever suggested the photo is not genuine...

Why would someone p'shop an incorrect time? Or leave it if it was already in the photo? Y'know... if you're going to go through the trouble to fake something, why only go halfway?

--

OGR

Would you care to elaborate on that? Really.. If I'm gonna sit through this BS entertainment, I might as well learn something.

I just can't imagine why the displayed time would be different? The time a gps uses has to be (wild ass guess) accurate to miliseconds if not more. As I drift off thinking how complicated this really is......

GPS displays time in the format we are accustomed to and expect hh:mm:ss in whatever zone you want. GPS internally uses seconds from the first of the year, currently GPS time would be ~330daysx24hrsx60minsx60secs. And accurate is an understatement, think speed of light and what sort of accuracy you need to triangulate down to say 10m? 1 microsecond is 300 meters.

GPS also has kept a clock running since launched and stays true to that. Leap seconds are routinely added or subtracted (I forget) to UTC due to the earth's slowing rotation. I believe it is currently 15 seconds but could be wrong.

I am far from an expert on GPS but have used enough data recording systems where we use GPS as a very good, very cheap time reference to have a bit of a working knowledge.

And BS is an understatement. I have no idea why anyone cares beyond sheer entertainment value.

From Soanya

"I had a great daytime nap today and dreamed some very vivid dreams. It seems the ocean makes it easier to have vivid dreams. I guess when you don't have a lot of external things bothering your mind, it creates its own entertainment. I dreamed my whole family was on a boat and we were watching old home movies. It was a little strange as dreams usually are, but it was nice. Reid said he didn't dream very much in the beginning of the voyage, but now that he is more rested, he also has vivid dreams. Dreams are supposed to be symbolic ways of processing what happened in the day and resolving past issues that a person never paid enough attention to. I wonder what kinds of issues my head is processing? Whatever they are, I'm sure they're good for me."

HMMMMM.....

Here are some possible issues

sex with father figure

sinking and need to say goodbye to family

dehydrated from puking

malnourished

scared to death propane might explode

smell worse than bird shit

kidnapped and held hostage for sex

killer plants

leaking sewage on everything

I'm so glad they are back so we can get back to our regular scheduled bashings.

Come on!! I asked Metocean to get Reid to send them a picture showing the GPS on Anne. Metocean will know what time it was sent and, if his lot had photo shopped it they would know that too!

Marion, will you please stop using logic, reason and clear thinking? You're ruining the thread.

I still don't get how they sail halfway around the fakin planet and seem to have less weather issues than I do going over to Annapolis for a beer.

Yeah, that's the one that's got me too.

It's amazing the kind of response you get when someone without a tinfoil hat on asks for information.

Shife, what were those specs for the hat?

Hey guys, gals, hoovians.. check this out:

post-22930-1197756905_thumb.jpg

Suggesting that if their model has the same ability to offset Lat/Long, they are spoofing it that way?

And to clarify for those of you who might not get it: if the seconds (and minutes, right?) are off, something's fishy. If not, the time difference is likely the result of being set for the wrong time zone.

(And my thanks also to B2S for his updates.)

Caveat: I've never, ever sailed a 4ksb in the southern oceans.

That aside, what bothers me is the consistency of the Metocean track displayed over periods of days & days. Just look at the last few days or the period from 8/26 to 9/4. Too many straight lines involved. I can't believe that he could either be steering & sailing _or_ drifting in the same direction for that long! the wind & seas would _have_ th have changed over time.

Can anyone with lots of cruising experience comment?

Marion, will you please stop using logic, reason and clear thinking? You're ruining the thread.

OK, I'll make a bargain with you lot - I'll stop using logic if y'all (is that the right expression?) will stop calling me MariOn! In the proper English speaking world, MariOns are asexual, MariAns are definitely female!

GPS displays time in the format we are accustomed to and expect hh:mm:ss in whatever zone you want. GPS internally uses seconds from the first of the year, currently GPS time would be ~330daysx24hrsx60minsx60secs. And accurate is an understatement, think speed of light and what sort of accuracy you need to triangulate down to say 10m? 1 microsecond is 300 meters.

GPS also has kept a clock running since launched and stays true to that. Leap seconds are routinely added or subtracted (I forget) to UTC due to the earth's slowing rotation. I believe it is currently 15 seconds but could be wrong.

I am far from an expert on GPS but have used enough data recording systems where we use GPS as a very good, very cheap time reference to have a bit of a working knowledge.

And BS is an understatement. I have no idea why anyone cares beyond sheer entertainment value.

Thanks!

1 microsec = 300m as a crow flies. Pinging a few satellites orbiting a few miles up and extrapolating that data gives you more time to do it to within 50'... I'd think but it may be working on the microsecond level.... that's kinda tight. :o

OK, I'll make a bargain with you lot - I'll stop using logic if y'all (is that the right expression?) will stop calling me MariOn! In the proper English speaking world, MariOns are asexual, MariAns are definitely female!

A thousand pardons, Memsaheeb.

Kindly refrain from doing it again.

That aside, what bothers me is the consistency of the Metocean track displayed over periods of days & days. Just look at the last few days or the period from 8/26 to 9/4. Too many straight lines involved. I can't believe that he could either be steering & sailing _or_ drifting in the same direction for that long! the wind & seas would _have_ th have changed over time.

Several times a day, I check out http://www.trimaran-idec.com/ Yesterday, the winds according to Joyon's site indicated that Anne was situated in very light and very variable winds, literally going through all points of the compass; so I asked myself why isn't Anne doing that this time when it has followed the wind before? That led to the thought that it might be motoring??? Maybe heading for Madagascar, coz Sonja has been ill enough to have had enough and wants to be put ashore?

More thoughts followed. Could it be that the recent absence of stuff on the website, followed by that stange albatross pic and bird story, is because Reid is playing for time and heading for warmer climes in the hope that he can persuade Sonja life at sea ain't so bad??

Sorry to apply logic again, but Nettles still hasn't confirmed that y'all will stop calling me MariOn, so I've got a bit of leeway!

Everything you need to know about foil hats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin-foil_hat

If you read the entire article, or have a high-school physics degree, you'll realize that a hat is pretty useless as it is only a partial Faraday cage and can only slightly attenuate signals at best.

in order to be significantly effective, complete enclosure must be accomplished!

You'll need an entire wardrobe, so go here: http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Welcome, i'm sure glad you're here with all that credibility you have following you....i look forward to you putting these bozos in their place, including the two on that barnacle tub, but believe me, if you dont think that sailflat is a bozo, just go back to his post where he says "OMG, THE UNIT HASN'T TRANSMITTED IN 5 HOURS, THEY'VE WASHED OVERBOARD, I'M CALLING IN A RESCUE".

My mom was MariAn and even on her headstone the morons got it wrong (even though it was submitted correctly), so I guess it's just something you have to accept...people are creatures of habit (and some are stupid).

“LEAVING FOR THE FREEDOM OF THE SEAS FOR A THOUSAND DAYS” ~ That caption is at the bottom of the 1000Days blog, and isn’t it really what this “historic expedition” was truly all about? To do that, Stowe had to depend on the generosity and kindness of friends, family and strangers ~ for cash, skills, grunt work, and donations of supplies and equipment. To engage benefactors he created programs that he could sell as having some useful purpose: “Education through Exploration” with interactive classroom participation. “The Mars Ocean Odyssey” space-analogous mission with an implied NASA link.

Some that bought into Stowe’s “vision” remain as the “Mission Control” team; others cheer on the sidelines. But all brought value ~ from sails on down to that dope hollering “Hooray! Hooray!” at the departure. It seems a simple enough concept that these people should be THANKED. Stowe endlessly spouts his “appreciation” of the sea, fish, sun, moon, stars, ancient man…. but what about all those that GAVE him this chance? Soanya realized her dream of having the man she pursued for six years. I say they are both socially-inept ingrates that for some reason feel ENTITLED to this voyage.

Step Right Up…

It appears Stowe wore out his welcome in a few places: “There are still many more things to do in a variety of areas, especially raising money to acquire the last items needed and to pay the bills. It often seems that when we are down to our last one hundred dollars and no one will return my pleading calls…Also, when it was discovered after the collision that they had no radar onboard, we learned, “No one stepped up to donate one.”

They cast off in April on this great “exploration”. Did they write a few public thanks once they were “free”? No, but we did read about Soanya getting her sea legs, porpoises, yoga, the figurehead mask, heart-shaped sail patches, and the sprouts being happy at sea. A one-sentence general notice was finally posted on Day 8: “We appreciate all of our friends and sponsors who have made this opportunity possible.”

Boom! A collision on Day 15. Yes, repairs would now be the major topic, but still, they enlightened us with posts about sprout technique, her laundry, birds, that last juicy tangy orange, Reid going up the mast, and then down into cargo hold for more “shapely” pasta. Oh yes, the pasta…

Day 36 ~ there at least a mention, but hardly what I would call thanks: “We started with a well thought out wish list… As the years went by and we struggled to get ready on every level, we ended up eating part of it…As we got closer to going, the Kadouri food company stepped up and gave us…basics like beans, rice, sprouting seeds, nuts, dried fruits, and pasta.”

Now let’s return to more tales of the blue ocean, lost hats, failed fishing, naps, whining about the work, rain pants, storms, lightly curried lentils following that first luxurious on-deck bath, spring gardening, constellations, drying mahi-mahi mates, twisted lines, and Man and Woman in their little spaceship. Bummer, “there’s no time for reading, art and philosophy”… or for thanking anybody.

Day 54 ~ Oh look! FINALLY a public thanks to Rand, the 1000 Days Electric Guy, who slaved away for three years designing, buying, and building their systems. Stowe says he personally is still busy, blah blah blah, but, “lots of thanks to all of our sponsors”.

Carry on: happy green beans, chafing, the catamaran Tantra story being the “first piece in my press book”, barnacles, fids, his laundry, more yoga and beans, and painting the stove with plans to become a fisherman and then a sailorman.

Day 61 ~ Danny Kadouri is mentioned by name this time

Day 68 ~ Thanks to Doyle Sails! More than TWO MONTHS after departure! “It's the sails that move us and thanks to Doyle Sails we are on our way. Paul Beaudin of Doyle Sails on City Island NY, has been generously helping the 1000 Day expedition for seven years now.” (plus donating/installing the roller furler)

Carry on: underwater window, seed and bean galaxies, Random Thoughts on Long Distance Space Flight…

Day 73 ~ another team member mentioned: “…Richard Hudson has programmed a weather report for our current position and it sends it to us. (Sometimes it's a little off, but generally quite helpful and a new experience for me to get the weather in an obscure place on the sea.)…” Soanya thanked two advisors for their support.

Day 74 ~ another major sponsor finally thanked: “So many people have helped in so many ways, but we were barely making ends meet when Axis Global stepped up and came on board with a cash sponsorship… Axis Global helped us to pay pressing bills as well as buy our Harken self-tailing power winch…”

Day 77 ~ Mom and Dad get their due at long last: “Even though the 1000 Day voyage would take me from them, they helped again and again, stepping up in the end and making our departure possible… eternally (American-?) expressing love.”

Carry on: More yoga, avoid the sun, bondo, tell-tails, whale-ho!, filthy tarps, mutiny, rigging, Neptune’s OK, drilling sails, “plowing through the obisdian sky”, the equator, singing Boy George to ward off a “rogue wave”, “Reid never forgets to appreciate where he is”, 100 days, draw the heart, fix the head, and Soanya found her groove…

Day 103 ~ “Thank you for another beautiful day, another gorgeous sunrise, each more beautiful than the next and also for the fair breezy warm wind blowing over the sparkling sea.” Who?

Carry on: awww can’t draw the heart, more yoga, naps, laundry, and birds, appreciating EACH OTHER aboard the Starship Schooner, sunsets, rainbows, “art” carvings, drizzle spoof, memories of the cargo room, feathers of God’s wings, The Magic of Bean Sprouts, drills, desalinator, and solar panels. The basil croaked, but Ivy’s now crawling, and hey, Jimmy Buffet, where’s that song you promised to write about me?

Day 134 ~ Oops, they missed the live phone-in to The Water Hour, again…but please understand it’s because, “We are far from the earth's concerns.”

Day 139 ~ Yes! Finally the Parmigiano Reggiano people are thanked seven times for their 250 lb donation in the classic post: "Cheese at the Top of Our Food Pyramid". “With many of the items that we needed for the voyage, we targeted the best…Some people have asked, “Why did it take so long for you to depart…?” I have said, “We had help, but it was never enough. We were always left lacking in skilled help and the things that were donated to us.” This went on for years while I worked and stockpiled our food. It wasn't that way with Parmigiano Reggiano…. When Soanya and I finish the Mars Ocean Odyssey, we expect to participate in preparing astronauts to go into space for an extended period of time…After we've done some training, they will demand Parmigiano Reggiano cheese…

Paint the bowsprit, bend the batten, test the oven, Zen-talking sails... the jib is up, Metocean is down, and eek, there’s algae in the water tanks…

Day 149 ~ “Blog master Jesse Fradkin is doing a great job posting our daily stories of the voyage. He also filters our mail and sends a little our way.” That’s it. Talk about a thankless job.

At 56 years old, Stowe is a self-serving, conceited, conniving, begging, wannabe-artist leech. Soanya’s lack of appreciation demonstrates just what a great pair they make. Oh I know, I know ~ he’s not doing this for himself. He’s doing it for mankind’s consciousness and to validate the Baby Boomer generation. (Shall we all join in a rousing chorus of his song “Ocean Annihilation”?)

Stowe has a life-time pattern of disregard for authority and commitment ~ three failed marriages, never held a job, doesn’t pay taxes, still mooching off Mom and Dad, ignores regulations and licensing, went to prison for drug running, and still owes $20,000 in back child support. Maybe he plans to use this “mission” to right some of the wrongs of the past. What are the odds of that?

I just can’t comprehend why the Hovians ever involved themselves with this loser. They claim “thousands of volunteers” got this ship to sea, and that they have over 500,000 “registered” web visitors. If that is even remotely true, it’s all the more reason to scratch your head over why they waste so much time being concerned with a few peoples' comments at SA. And perhaps Stowe and Soanya are gracious behind the scenes ~ after all, these people provide their communications and would attempt to document any offshore sailing records they try to establish. Yeah, it’s none of my business, but it’s still human nature to desire and even expect to see some thanks within a forum so public as their website and blog.

So Hovians ~ How many hours or even years of effort did you contribute to readying the Anne? How much personal money did you donate? Where’s that scientific and educational value this “mission” promised? All I see are two boring and self-absorbed ingrates out to sea. Tell the truth ~ don’t you feel just a little embarrassed, dirty, and used? Maybe the better term for you all is WHORVIANS.

Now the Anne has gone AWOL, and you are scrambling to fill the gaps with old photos and phony commentary. Is the real “scam” here that Stowe has tired, yet again, of being responsible to others, scammed YOU, and is sailing off for warmer parts?

JPlanet - by far the best and most accurate summary to date. Please post on 1000 Days of Hell. If you'd like, I could do it for you (PM me).

Sailflat - You've been the victim of scorn the past few days, but that picture of your dog and the cat --- priceless. You can't be a total shit head with a quadrupeds like that in the Flat house.

Nauti - Congrats on the jail bait. Please send me his e-mail so we can coordinate efforts to free the puppets from the evil pink sweater.

Thanks again JPlanet. You are a nominee for THE FIRST Space Analogous Pulitzer Prize.

Well, in the interest of science, Reid's GPS position matches exactly with all the data we have. I officially apologize to the Hovians for coming to a quick conclusion regarding photoshop. I corrected his hour offset in this data.

Its Authentic:

post-22930-1197761010_thumb.jpg

I personally am willing to accept this as PROOF he is exactly where he says he is. Numbers don't lie this well :)

Now, about those posts, start talking about your boat, what works, what broke, how are you beating to weather without a proper headsail/mainsail.. that kind of stuff. Inquiring minds want to know.

in reading weid's post, he admits, he cant upload or send a "story or picture".....he states The GPS hasn't changed it's clock to our time wtf does that mean?

this is one bozo and i find it entertaining the three bozos (mel, sailflat, robin) bash him and everyone else who disagree with them.

You still here pissing on people's legs trying to get them to do things for you that you're too lazy to do? Now you want somebody to tell you "wtf that means?" Look it up.

I gave you the phone numbers to call - did you? Where's your report on what you found out? I'd be interested to hear what they said when you said, "hey - dumbshit here from that anarchy place checkin' to see if somebody reported a boat sinking over there somewhere. You guys looking for it?"

Well - you called out sailflat again today - I'm calling you out, Report.

HEY SAILFLAT?.......When are you going to ask the "reporter" to supply you with information that you're too fuckin lazy to look up?

Nice fart-box avatar, but that's about it in terms of redeeming qualities. When are you going to share something with us that is either humorous or even the slightest bit insightful? You're like that annoying drunk guy at the bar trying to pick a fight, but you are so fucking pathetic no one wants to waste their time kicking your ass. Speaking of ass, you should probably remove that butt plug -- your sphincter is likely to suffer perma-stretch and Michael Jackson will lose interest.

Nice fart-box avatar, but that's about it in terms of redeeming qualities. When are you going to share something with us that is either humorous or even the slightest bit insightful? You're like that annoying drunk guy at the bar trying to pick a fight, but you are so fucking pathetic no one wants to waste their time kicking your ass. Speaking of ass, you should probably remove that butt plug -- your sphincter is likely to suffer perma-stretch and Michael Jackson will lose interest.

RD, Honey, please don't feed the troll.

Well, in the interest of science, Reid's GPS position matches exactly with all the data we have. I officially apologize to the Hovians for coming to a quick conclusion regarding photoshop. I corrected his hour offset in this data.

Its Authentic:

post-22930-1197761010_thumb.jpg

I personally am willing to accept this as PROOF he is exactly where he says he is. Numbers don't lie this well :)

Now, about those posts, start talking about your boat, what works, what broke, how are you beating to weather without a proper headsail/mainsail.. that kind of stuff. Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheesus, about five hours ago you're saying it's photoshopped and now you're telling us it's authentic? ANYTHING can be photoshopped in this day and age of such advanced technology, so if you think that pic makes me believe they're out there, think again! The hovians have been trying (and the key word here is trying) to fuck with us since Day 1 so why would that change now? I, for one, am not a believer. Only thing I believe is that Weid is still ugly! ;)

Welcome, i'm sure glad you're here with all that credibility you have following you....i look forward to you putting these bozos in their place, including the two on that barnacle tub, but believe me, if you dont think that sailflat is a bozo, just go back to his post where he says "OMG, THE UNIT HASN'T TRANSMITTED IN 5 HOURS, THEY'VE WASHED OVERBOARD, I'M CALLING IN A RESCUE".

I didn't call MRCC Capetown; we only call any MRCC when there is a current and ongoing incident that we need facts on; ie. we work on the principle that they have enough to do, without answering questions that don't relate to an emergency. I did, however, make a low key call to someone in Capetown, that I'm on chatting terms with and who has very good reasons to maintain excellent contact with MRCC there. It seems someone did call them, regarding Anne, but as it was clear that the vessel had EPIRBs and none had been activated, they could see no reason to take any action.

Incidentally, there's a mention of Roz Savage and an MRCC somewhere in this thread (NO I CANT TELL YOU WHICH POST & YES I AM SCREAMING). The gist of it is that Roz is saying that persons unknown resulted in her "rescue". Our call to MRCC (Norfolk, I believe from memory) resulted in us being told that "The person in charge of her website called us and said they believed she was in trouble."

I have to say that I get mightily pissed off when any MRCC's actions come under criticsm, or get misreported.

Cheesus, about five hours ago you're saying it's photoshopped and now you're telling us it's authentic? ANYTHING can be photoshopped in this day and age of such advanced technology, so if you think that pic makes me believe they're out there, think again! The hovians have been trying (and the key word here is trying) to fuck with us since Day 1 so why would that change now? I, for one, am not a believer. Only thing I believe is that Weid is still ugly! ;)

Well.. the data fits. I have been analyzing the data analytically for about a week now. The only "glitch" is the positions from their trip to Africa when MET595 stopped reporting. Analytically, everything seems to fit. It takes 52-53 seconds to travel .04 nautical miles at 2.8-2.9knots. That is a fact. The data fits. Only thing suspicious about this, is the proximity of the GPS report and MET595 report. In fact, they were only 252.94966 feet apart!

I suppose that could lead to occlusion that they simulated/photoshoped the GPS using an EASY data point. So, you may be right.

Another view, including scale:

post-22930-1197764079_thumb.jpg

SC,

An engineer or scientist would never use the word analytically, let alone several times. I assume you are neither.

I agree with your analysis by the way........for all that's worth.

I feel like we're watching let's make a deal and waiting to see what door the big prize is behind.

Door 1: Faked

Door 2: Semi-Faked

Door 3: True

Lots of egg, lots of faces when it all ends. Oh, and lots of laughter.

I didn't call MRCC Capetown; we only call any MRCC when there is a current and ongoing incident that we need facts on; ie. we work on the principle that they have enough to do, without answering questions that don't relate to an emergency. I did, however, make a low key call to someone in Capetown, that I'm on chatting terms with and who has very good reasons to maintain excellent contact with MRCC there. It seems someone did call them, regarding Anne, but as it was clear that the vessel had EPIRBs and none had been activated, they could see no reason to take any action.

Incidentally, there's a mention of Roz Savage and an MRCC somewhere in this thread (NO I CANT TELL YOU WHICH POST & YES I AM SCREAMING). The gist of it is that Roz is saying that persons unknown resulted in her "rescue". Our call to MRCC (Norfolk, I believe from memory) resulted in us being told that "The person in charge of her website called us and said they believed she was in trouble."

I have to say that I get mightily pissed off when any MRCC's actions come under criticsm, or get misreported.

did you read this post sailflat dipshit?

Well.. the data fits. I have been analyzing the data analytically for about a week now. The only "glitch" is the positions from their trip to Africa when MET595 stopped reporting. Analytically, everything seems to fit. It takes 52-53 seconds to travel .04 nautical miles at 2.8-2.9knots. That is a fact. The data fits. Only thing suspicious about this, is the proximity of the GPS report and MET595 report. In fact, they were only 252.94966 feet apart!

I suppose that could lead to occlusion that they simulated/photoshoped the GPS using an EASY data point. So, you may be right.

Fine! I asked Metoceans to provide evidence that their tracking device was correctly reporting Anne's position, by providing a pic of the GPS readout at the time. That happens and you say the proximity of the GPS report and MET595 report are "suspicious". What would you have said if they had been way apart?

Fine! I asked Metoceans to provide evidence that their tracking device was correctly reporting Anne's position, by providing a pic of the GPS readout at the time. That happens and you say the proximity of the GPS report and MET595 report are "suspicious". What would you have said if they had been way apart?

Don't look so deep marian! I went against my feelings about this and showed why I changed my mind, and now beleive they are there. And, if they provided a data point 1.5 miles away that fit exactly on their interpolated track line, I would not think anything suspicious about that! JDL: pesky student loan entitlement bullshit ran out on me my 3rd year of engineering school, so I joined the military naively believing that bullshit about going to school when you are in and that fucked up thing they call the GI bill. $32K, what am I going to use that for, textbooks??? Lost a few IQ points since then and now I can't figure out the stuff I had written back in school.. so fuck.. time to go sailing.

Don't follow, expain but don't expect a kwik response, way past bedtime here!

here's a kwik respone, that dude sailflat, isn't nothing but a flamer on a message board, where does he get off thinking it is his position to call a SAR in on a vessel he is flaming on a stupid internet message board?

I'm in full agreement with you, they have plenty to do and i know they will not go searching on a lark because some fuckwit calls in a SAR on them when they have complete communication as well as epirbs onboard.

Now, i hope you understand why i appreciate your credibility and why i dont lend any credence or credibility to that fucking flamer sailflat.....he's like the little boy crying "WOLF WOLF".

Never mind how other people sail - it's the change in his ability to stay on-course that's bizarre. This motherfucker's been meandering all over the place since he left, random loop-dee-loops & not even able to make something vaguely heart-shaped when he tried... And now, all of a sudden, he's Mr. Steady Helm? Fishy. Very fishy.

Oh course, now that we've all been talking about it... I predict some randomness will appear in their course, by tomorrow.

CB is a troll who has targeted Sailflat for calling in a report regarding the Cheese Scow.

FUCK YOU LOKI.....I dont only think the 1000 days at sea thing is stupid, i think about 90% of you assholes here are just as fuckin stupid....tell me, do you actually think it was sailflat's "DUTY" to call in any resuce on any vessel which he is not attached to or complements it's voyage?....do you think it's his duty to call in SAR on a vessel which he is not a part of the ground crew?.....if anyone here thinks they have a duty to do that, then ur just as fuckin stupid as sailflat.

You are a nominee for THE FIRST Space Analogous Pulitzer Prize.

Thank you! I take that as high praise coming from the one here who has demonstrated the most common sense, and perfect balance of skepticism, genuine concern, and humor. I'm honored just to be nominated, but all comers will be CRUSHED by your artistic editorial renderings. It would be a crime (and most likely involve some conspiracy) if the SAPP committee does not award 1st Place to your Day 200 contribution ~

post-22901-1197766132_thumb.jpg

Holy Hannah.

I get distracted for a week and come back to over 10 pages of new stuff.

Are they dead yet, or do I have to read them all?

Welcome back, Nauti! We missed you! Sailflat wanted to send out a search party, but I figured you were probably busy doing fun stuff!

Welcome back, Nauti! We missed you! Sailflat wanted to send out a search party, but I figured you were probably busy doing fun stuff!

sailflat

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Dec 11 2007, 11:19 PM

Anarchist

Group: Members

Member No.: 12055

dammit... did no one notice that the beacon shut down about 5 hours ago!!

Making the call!

now there is a copy of his post giving his reason for calling in a SAR.....if that's justification then i'm a fuckin brain surgeon

FUCK YOU LOKI.....I dont only think the 1000 days at sea thing is stupid, i think about 90% of you assholes here are just as fuckin stupid....tell me, do you actually think it was sailflat's "DUTY" to call in any resuce on any vessel which he is not attached to or complements it's voyage?....do you think it's his duty to call in SAR on a vessel which he is not a part of the ground crew?.....if anyone here thinks they have a duty to do that, then ur just as fuckin stupid as sailflat.

and you, troll, are a wet fart in a crowded elevator.

Where's the report, troll? You said you were going to check - did you?

Of course not - you are a loud mouthed troll with absolutely nothing of value to say because you are unable to voice a meaningful sentence. You are completely unable to communicate at all without "FUCK" or something similar. But - you'll keep on with your diarhhea of the mouth

<pffffffttt> from the air freshener

Of course not - you are a loud mouthed troll with absolutely nothing of value to say because you are unable to voice a meaningful sentence. You are completely unable to communicate at all without "FUCK" or something similar. But - you'll keep on with your diarhhea of the mouth

there isn't a report dumbass, i'm sure those guys that took his call are still laughing their ass off at him. I have never heard of any SAR authority writing a report over some crank phone call, but believe me, if they send out planes, divert ships to an area, there will be a full and comprehensive report and to add, any USCG SAR report can be obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

Hey, Robin, didn't one of Marian's post indicate that a call was indeed made?

And at the risk of violating my self-imposed restriction against feeding the trolls on this thread:

CB: You made your point a long time ago. It's getting old. Get onto Page 82 with the rest of us.

I wish she would post of picture of Fun Stuff for us ~ he sounds hot :lol:

Yes, I agree! Us ladies here need pictures, Nauti! We must determine if he is worthy of you! (We must know his overall physical health, so we must see his abs and such....) :)

“LEAVING FOR THE FREEDOM OF THE SEAS FOR A THOUSAND DAYS” ~ That caption is at the bottom of the 1000Days blog, and isn’t it really what this “historic expedition” was truly all about? To do that, Stowe had to depend on the generosity and kindness of friends, family and strangers ~ for cash, skills, grunt work, and donations of supplies and equipment. To engage benefactors he created programs that he could sell as having some useful purpose: “Education through Exploration” with interactive classroom participation. “The Mars Ocean Odyssey” space-analogous mission with an implied NASA link.

Some that bought into Stowe’s “vision” remain as the “Mission Control” team; others cheer on the sidelines. But all brought value ~ from sails on down to that dope hollering “Hooray! Hooray!” at the departure. It seems a simple enough concept that these people should be THANKED. Stowe endlessly spouts his “appreciation” of the sea, fish, sun, moon, stars, ancient man…. but what about all those that GAVE him this chance? Soanya realized her dream of having the man she pursued for six years. I say they are both socially-inept ingrates that for some reason feel ENTITLED to this voyage.

Step Right Up…

It appears Stowe wore out his welcome in a few places: “There are still many more things to do in a variety of areas, especially raising money to acquire the last items needed and to pay the bills. It often seems that when we are down to our last one hundred dollars and no one will return my pleading calls…Also, when it was discovered after the collision that they had no radar onboard, we learned, “No one stepped up to donate one.”

They cast off in April on this great “exploration”. Did they write a few public thanks once they were “free”? No, but we did read about Soanya getting her sea legs, porpoises, yoga, the figurehead mask, heart-shaped sail patches, and the sprouts being happy at sea. A one-sentence general notice was finally posted on Day 8: “We appreciate all of our friends and sponsors who have made this opportunity possible.”

Boom! A collision on Day 15. Yes, repairs would now be the major topic, but still, they enlightened us with posts about sprout technique, her laundry, birds, that last juicy tangy orange, Reid going up the mast, and then down into cargo hold for more “shapely” pasta. Oh yes, the pasta…

Day 36 ~ there at least a mention, but hardly what I would call thanks: “We started with a well thought out wish list… As the years went by and we struggled to get ready on every level, we ended up eating part of it…As we got closer to going, the Kadouri food company stepped up and gave us…basics like beans, rice, sprouting seeds, nuts, dried fruits, and pasta.”

Now let’s return to more tales of the blue ocean, lost hats, failed fishing, naps, whining about the work, rain pants, storms, lightly curried lentils following that first luxurious on-deck bath, spring gardening, constellations, drying mahi-mahi mates, twisted lines, and Man and Woman in their little spaceship. Bummer, “there’s no time for reading, art and philosophy”… or for thanking anybody.

Day 54 ~ Oh look! FINALLY a public thanks to Rand, the 1000 Days Electric Guy, who slaved away for three years designing, buying, and building their systems. Stowe says he personally is still busy, blah blah blah, but, “lots of thanks to all of our sponsors”.

Carry on: happy green beans, chafing, the catamaran Tantra story being the “first piece in my press book”, barnacles, fids, his laundry, more yoga and beans, and painting the stove with plans to become a fisherman and then a sailorman.

Day 61 ~ Danny Kadouri is mentioned by name this time

Day 68 ~ Thanks to Doyle Sails! More than TWO MONTHS after departure! “It's the sails that move us and thanks to Doyle Sails we are on our way. Paul Beaudin of Doyle Sails on City Island NY, has been generously helping the 1000 Day expedition for seven years now.” (plus donating/installing the roller furler)

Carry on: underwater window, seed and bean galaxies, Random Thoughts on Long Distance Space Flight…

Day 73 ~ another team member mentioned: “…Richard Hudson has programmed a weather report for our current position and it sends it to us. (Sometimes it's a little off, but generally quite helpful and a new experience for me to get the weather in an obscure place on the sea.)…” Soanya thanked two advisors for their support.

Day 74 ~ another major sponsor finally thanked: “So many people have helped in so many ways, but we were barely making ends meet when Axis Global stepped up and came on board with a cash sponsorship… Axis Global helped us to pay pressing bills as well as buy our Harken self-tailing power winch…”

Day 77 ~ Mom and Dad get their due at long last: “Even though the 1000 Day voyage would take me from them, they helped again and again, stepping up in the end and making our departure possible… eternally (American-?) expressing love.”

Carry on: More yoga, avoid the sun, bondo, tell-tails, whale-ho!, filthy tarps, mutiny, rigging, Neptune’s OK, drilling sails, “plowing through the obisdian sky”, the equator, singing Boy George to ward off a “rogue wave”, “Reid never forgets to appreciate where he is”, 100 days, draw the heart, fix the head, and Soanya found her groove…

Day 103 ~ “Thank you for another beautiful day, another gorgeous sunrise, each more beautiful than the next and also for the fair breezy warm wind blowing over the sparkling sea.” Who?

Carry on: awww can’t draw the heart, more yoga, naps, laundry, and birds, appreciating EACH OTHER aboard the Starship Schooner, sunsets, rainbows, “art” carvings, drizzle spoof, memories of the cargo room, feathers of God’s wings, The Magic of Bean Sprouts, drills, desalinator, and solar panels. The basil croaked, but Ivy’s now crawling, and hey, Jimmy Buffet, where’s that song you promised to write about me?

Day 134 ~ Oops, they missed the live phone-in to The Water Hour, again…but please understand it’s because, “We are far from the earth's concerns.”

Day 139 ~ Yes! Finally the Parmigiano Reggiano people are thanked seven times for their 250 lb donation in the classic post: "Cheese at the Top of Our Food Pyramid". “With many of the items that we needed for the voyage, we targeted the best…Some people have asked, “Why did it take so long for you to depart…?” I have said, “We had help, but it was never enough. We were always left lacking in skilled help and the things that were donated to us.” This went on for years while I worked and stockpiled our food. It wasn't that way with Parmigiano Reggiano…. When Soanya and I finish the Mars Ocean Odyssey, we expect to participate in preparing astronauts to go into space for an extended period of time…After we've done some training, they will demand Parmigiano Reggiano cheese…

Paint the bowsprit, bend the batten, test the oven, Zen-talking sails... the jib is up, Metocean is down, and eek, there’s algae in the water tanks…

Day 149 ~ “Blog master Jesse Fradkin is doing a great job posting our daily stories of the voyage. He also filters our mail and sends a little our way.” That’s it. Talk about a thankless job.

At 56 years old, Stowe is a self-serving, conceited, conniving, begging, wannabe-artist leech. Soanya’s lack of appreciation demonstrates just what a great pair they make. Oh I know, I know ~ he’s not doing this for himself. He’s doing it for mankind’s consciousness and to validate the Baby Boomer generation. (Shall we all join in a rousing chorus of his song “Ocean Annihilation”?)

Stowe has a life-time pattern of disregard for authority and commitment ~ three failed marriages, never held a job, doesn’t pay taxes, still mooching off Mom and Dad, ignores regulations and licensing, went to prison for drug running, and still owes $20,000 in back child support. Maybe he plans to use this “mission” to right some of the wrongs of the past. What are the odds of that?

I just can’t comprehend why the Hovians ever involved themselves with this loser. They claim “thousands of volunteers” got this ship to sea, and that they have over 500,000 “registered” web visitors. If that is even remotely true, it’s all the more reason to scratch your head over why they waste so much time being concerned with a few peoples' comments at SA. And perhaps Stowe and Soanya are gracious behind the scenes ~ after all, these people provide their communications and would attempt to document any offshore sailing records they try to establish. Yeah, it’s none of my business, but it’s still human nature to desire and even expect to see some thanks within a forum so public as their website and blog.

So Hovians ~ How many hours or even years of effort did you contribute to readying the Anne? How much personal money did you donate? Where’s that scientific and educational value this “mission” promised? All I see are two boring and self-absorbed ingrates out to sea. Tell the truth ~ don’t you feel just a little embarrassed, dirty, and used? Maybe the better term for you all is WHORVIANS.

Now the Anne has gone AWOL, and you are scrambling to fill the gaps with old photos and phony commentary. Is the real “scam” here that Stowe has tired, yet again, of being responsible to others, scammed YOU, and is sailing off for warmer parts?

Excellent post, JPlanet- you really hit the nail right on the head!

SC,

An engineer or scientist would never use the word analytically, let alone several times. I assume you are neither.

I agree with your analysis by the way........for all that's worth.

I feel like we're watching let's make a deal and waiting to see what door the big prize is behind.

Door 1: Faked

Door 2: Semi-Faked

Door 3: True

Lots of egg, lots of faces when it all ends. Oh, and lots of laughter.

Sorry JDL, I'm still of the opinion that when it all ends, there won't be any laughter. Funerals maybe... but certainly no laughter.

Sorry JDL, I'm still of the opinion that when it all ends, there won't be any laughter. Funerals maybe... but certainly no laughter.

You're absolutely correct. I was focussed on the conspiracy aspects. Number 3 should be caveated and definitely would not warrant laughter.

Sorry, this thread has made me forget there might actually be people sailing, my mistake.

Never mind how other people sail - it's the change in his ability to stay on-course that's bizarre. This motherfucker's been meandering all over the place since he left, random loop-dee-loops & not even able to make something vaguely heart-shaped when he tried... And now, all of a sudden, he's Mr. Steady Helm? Fishy. Very fishy.

Oh course, now that we've all been talking about it... I predict some randomness will appear in their course, by tomorrow.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know...they dropped sails and super dick is rowing! Volga boatman style, yo ho, heave ho.....

You're absolutely correct. I was focussed on the conspiracy aspects. Number 3 should be caveated and definitely would not warrant laughter.

Sorry, this thread has made me forget there might actually be people sailing, my mistake.

I'll be laughing. Don't act like you won't be. Morbid? Damn straight.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know...they dropped sails and super dick is rowing! Volga boatman style, yo ho, heave ho.....

I like the motoring theory. This isn't a race, they can motor if they want (flame away if I'm wrong, it's been done before, but please bring your references with you). And they may need the motor to charge the batteries once in a while. Besides, it's good to run it regularly. So why not use it to relocate to a more favorable position for weather/current?

Next, will his Racor foul?

Wtf… you guys (conspiracy theorist) are hilarious!

This picture does NOT prove that they are NOT there. The only credible statement, that was conjured up by Born2sail, was the heading variation off by 90 degrees. I certainly don’t think that is any evidence of them NOT being there.

DaveK

I almost catch them. I'm here, I have a proof. I'm paddling folding kayak around the world nonstop in 30 days.

Guys, do you have something else to do? Do I?

post-8978-1197770589_thumb.jpg

It wasn't until I was researching my little piece that I read Stowe's line from Day 103:

"Thank you for another beautiful day, another gorgeous sunrise, each more beautiful than the next and also for the fair breezy warm wind blowing over the sparkling sea."

I didn't know he was a weather psychic too! Maybe that finally explains why they're always becalmed. :lol:

(PS: I bet that's corrected in the next hour)

It’s good to see you on this site MariAn!

Although you have already dispelled my previously held “theory” that “they” were never really out there.

I find I am forced to grudgingly admit that the idiots are where (or close to where) they claim to be, which is probably a far greater worry than if they were “scamming” from the comfort of a warm beach somewhere. THANK YOU FOR THAT TOTAL FANTASY DISALLUSIONMENT (please stay away from phoning the Nth pole and telling me something about father Christmas that I may find disturbing)

I am pleased to see that you have now promised to approach this site from the most “LOGICAL” aspect! That being that you only apply LOGIC under pain of having your brain fried beneath your tin foil hat.

You ask why this site should have attracted so much “traffic”?

The only reason that I can see is that, prior to Francis Joyan setting off (I love that guy), there was only this site and the AM site that was capable of holding interest for more than the usual 5 minute time span, and this site is far and away more “LOGICAL” than all the crap that is printed over there.

Several times a day, I check out http://www.trimaran-idec.com/ Yesterday, the winds according to Joyon's site indicated that Anne was situated in very light and very variable winds, literally going through all points of the compass; so I asked myself why isn't Anne doing that this time when it has followed the wind before? That led to the thought that it might be motoring??? Maybe heading for Madagascar, coz Sonja has been ill enough to have had enough and wants to be put ashore?

More thoughts followed. Could it be that the recent absence of stuff on the website, followed by that stange albatross pic and bird story, is because Reid is playing for time and heading for warmer climes in the hope that he can persuade Sonja life at sea ain't so bad??

Sorry to apply logic again, but Nettles still hasn't confirmed that y'all will stop calling me MariOn, so I've got a bit of leeway!

See, now your doing it to MARIAN! You start saying that you will only read a little here, a little there, and then before you know it, YOUR SUCKED IN like the rest of the poor addicted “social” outcasts here! (Only having become “social outcast” through their obsession with weed and the Ho). You have no intention of ever “posting” and then you make that fatal mistake! YOU POST YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE (you are no longer a virgin) – it’s all too late then, your in, you cannot escape, you try to leave and they “drag you back”. Face it, it’s “all over now baby blue”

Ahh, well only a couple more years or so – then REHAB -

Yes, I agree! Us ladies here need pictures, Nauti! We must determine if he is worthy of you! (We must know his overall physical health, so we must see his abs and such....) :)

:lol:

I'd love to, but i doubt he'd appreciate it. There are some circumstances that require I stay rather discreet about the whole thing (no, he's not married).

Up to page 76. I'm almost re-qualified to comment on the subject of this thread again. You guys have been busy!

:lol:

I'd love to, but i doubt he'd appreciate it. There are some circumstances that require I stay rather discreet about the whole thing (no, he's not married).

Up to page 76. I'm almost re-qualified to comment on the subject of this thread again. You guys have been busy!

How about the abs and such...? 1-10?

(You go, Girl!)