• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure that the women who are posting here are here because we're not 'girly-girls,' we're tomboys.....

damn straight gf!

I'm here because I broke my foot and I'm in a cast w/ orders to stay off it. Yes, I DO have too much time on my hands. Was bored one day and decided to check in on the dumfucks R&S after I'd read a little after their departure. Couldn't believe it when I saw Weid had a Wiki link, so I followed it in sick fascination, but saw the SA link :lol: Been LMAO ever since!

And... now that I've actually learned so much here, when my foot's better I'm going to volunteer on a 135' gaff-rigged schooner here in town that's operated as a charity (a REAL one, not the R&S kind of "charity") lolol.

If anyone so desires to re-live the last 237 days of hell with our brave schoonerman, you can now do so in Google Earth.

Courtesy of me, and GPS Visualizer, what a freakin cool website.

Metrac Points (indivudual data points)

http://files-upload.com/files/681168/421-1216-POS.kmz

Trackline (continuous track line, um, with a few breaks in it)

http://files-upload.com/files/681179/Anne-track.kmz

Come on!! I asked Metocean to get Reid to send them a picture showing the GPS on Anne. Metocean will know what time it was sent and, if his lot had photo shopped it they would know that too!

We advised that if they had Reid AND Sayanara in a photo with the GPS it would dampen the conspiracy theorists here. Seems that Reid took only part of our advice. The hovian told us that it can be quite frustrating that Reid will often not take their reasonable advice. ie: only him in the photo rather than both of them.

Marian... The photo can't come through Metocean... Their system is only capable of transmitting short text messages... 40K each message... Like your cell phone. But NOT a picture. That would have to go across a Satcom link.

And, we know that the photos are processed by the webmaster/blogger before they are posted.

Yes, true. It is nuts

The timing issue is perhaps not an issue... depending upon the model.

It remains weird that they could send this picture, while they could not send any pictures of their wild ride in the storm...

But I will stop now with my theories ... at least for now

Like I said... We recommended the same to the hovian who called us on Tuesday.

Reid, Sayanara, GPS outside in front of mainsail. Perhaps they could only get people to donate 1 GPS. :o It would seem that Reid instead chose to do what he did without fixing the time. They are their own worst enemies. And generally their Mission Control team don't help the cause.

We advised that if they had Reid AND Sayanara in a photo with the GPS it would dampen the conspiracy theorists here. Seems that Reid took only part of our advice. The hovian told us that it can be quite frustrating that Reid will often not take their reasonable advice. ie: only him in the photo rather than both of them.

Marian... The photo can't come through Metocean... Their system is only capable of transmitting short text messages... 40K each message... Like your cell phone. But NOT a picture. That would have to go across a Satcom link.

And, we know that the photos are processed by the webmaster/blogger before they are posted.

Sailflat - take a breath. You're making it very easy to see how scams start. Reid did it with person to person begging, bogus art shows and hitting up friends. You're doing it in the never - never land of the internet without even meeting anybody really involved or seeing anything outside your monitor. Just think - people are convinced he and she are NOT there just because we've talked about it. He is a pos on a boat that is a pos and his girlfriend is a "ho" - all because people here said so. See how easy it is to start? Just talk.

You're trying to stretch it a little bit too much, methinks. Relax.

And convuluted thinker - stfu - I already know EXACTLY what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. But - if you want to prove me right - go ahead and say it and I'll tell you if you're right.

Thanks!

1 microsec = 300m as a crow flies. Pinging a few satellites orbiting a few miles up and extrapolating that data gives you more time to do it to within 50'... I'd think but it may be working on the microsecond level.... that's kinda tight. :o

If I recall one of the innovations that was necessary for the GPS sats to be viable was timing...

Atomic clock in each sat and making sure they are all in sync...

The clock is extremely accurate and based upon the resonate frequency of a particular atom. I bet Wikipedia has the whole story.

Proof that Mr. SailFlat is in the Weid Hovian Camp!:

:lol: OUTSTANDING! :lol:

I laughed so hard my dog got up to see what was wrong.

As usual, NickDG, great pic.

post-22653-1197826042_thumb.jpg

NickDG, you raise a shameful lost opportunity....

All Weed had to do is sprinkle a trail of white powder down the dock, across the gang-plank, and

on to the boat, perhaps with a few card tables ("rest areas") holding glasses of vodka along the way.

He would have had it all...

- his "crew"

- endless free money

- infinite photo op's, 24 x 7

- lots of free shit he could use, like perfume, makeup, and ugly designer clothes.

- total boat IQ less than total boat length (with or without bowsprit), the way he likes it

- Presidential Humanitarian Award, for personally improving remaining US gene pool

- Cheerleading from SA, to stay out at least the full 1000 days. Probably 2000, minimum.

- Step-by-step SA navigation instructions for quickly reaching the Southern 60's.

- Assistance from every standing military in the world, helping him stay out of sight of land.

- Full public support from NASA, promoting the scientific value of this mission.

The list of "mission" benefits would have been endless....

Caveat: I've never, ever sailed a 4ksb in the southern oceans.

That aside, what bothers me is the consistency of the Metocean track displayed over periods of days & days. Just look at the last few days or the period from 8/26 to 9/4. Too many straight lines involved. I can't believe that he could either be steering & sailing _or_ drifting in the same direction for that long! the wind & seas would _have_ th have changed over time.

Can anyone with lots of cruising experience comment?

Agreed.... I don't think that I have ever sailed that straight a course by hand, even staring at a compass. Perhaps with a motor? True it is averaged from hourly readings... But with the shifting winds and currents... He has NEVER done it before in the previous 230 days. Suspicious.

Perhaps motoring... Anyone recall how much fuel the scow was carrying? Slow... Conserving fuel perhaps?

Welcome back, Nauti! We missed you! Sailflat wanted to send out a search party, but I figured you were probably busy doing fun stuff!

Nice... :P

But I did send her an email.... Just in case the hovians got her. ;)

JPlanet - by far the best and most accurate summary to date. Please post on 1000 Days of Hell. If you'd like, I could do it for you (PM me).

Sailflat - You've been the victim of scorn the past few days, but that picture of your dog and the cat --- priceless. You can't be a total shit head with a quadrupeds like that in the Flat house.

Nauti - Congrats on the jail bait. Please send me his e-mail so we can coordinate efforts to free the puppets from the evil pink sweater.

Thanks again JPlanet. You are a nominee for THE FIRST Space Analogous Pulitzer Prize.

JPlanet - by far the best and most accurate summary to date. Please post on 1000 Days of Hell. If you'd like, I could do it for you (PM me).

Sailflat - You've been the victim of scorn the past few days, but that picture of your dog and the cat --- priceless. You can't be a total shit head with a quadrupeds like that in the Flat house.

Nauti - Congrats on the jail bait. Please send me his e-mail so we can coordinate efforts to free the puppets from the evil pink sweater.

Thanks again JPlanet. You are a nominee for THE FIRST Space Analogous Pulitzer Prize.

Thanks RD... Isn't it amazing how quadrupeds like yourself are able to spot a jackass from 100 yards. How do you do it? Mine refuse to tell me.

And... Sticks and stones may break my bones but hovians will never hurt me... (unless they are all hoped up on cocaine)

Reid did it with person to person begging, bogus art shows and hitting up friends.

Did you ever see his Art website? Yikes!

He says there: "My entire life has been built upon my quest to enlighten humanity. I try to impart this by everything I do… I went on the 1st Arts and cultural mission to Antarctica to bring world peace and art to a land wroth with beauty yet devoid of human touch and expression... I have now taken my writings and am about to open a multi media rock opera off b’way called “Sub-conscious Sea”. I have done this to awaken humanity and to help fund what I hope will be my biggest quest of all. I plan to spend 1000 days non-stop at sea where I will paint and hopefully give more than I have received. My wish is that I touch you."

As for this um...sculpture...

The Chick on the Boat asked: "WTF? It looks like a man trying to give birth, or take a serious backed-up dump, with a seriously infected toe, but then there is something laying down the middle of him that could be a woman down on him, or something...anybody???"

Ron Burgundy: "It's a self-portrait of him trying to suck his own dick."

:lol::lol::lol:

post-22901-1197828971_thumb.jpg

Yes you were greatly missed Nauti, BUT watch closely that “AGE” difference! A few years difference can be seen as “adventurous, exciting, and a compliment to all the anti aging potent” sold, BUT make the difference too much and you could be seen as “batting in the same ball park” as the infamous REEDY himself. Beside, one like you who looks to be only just out of her teen years has to watch out for “boys” who are still at school?? (They are “horny” insincere little bastards, no matter how good a “six pack” they have above AND below their belts)

But didn't you know? Nauti usually prefers guys much Older rather than younger... You know, about Reid's age. ;)

Nauti.... I hope you know you have dashed the hopes and dreams of dozens of anarchists. It will be a long, cold winter. :(

This youngster must be outstanding in some way.... <_<

Good point. We'd see Regatta Dog's head on some hot guy's body. They would have a blast with that!

That is awesome to hear! Nothing wrong with converting him into a sailor! :)

I've had very little luck with women that way.... Seems they are born sailors or not. Now the sailing women I have met.... :rolleyes: Another good reason to go hang out in the party tent at KWRW.

Welcome, i'm sure glad you're here with all that credibility you have following you....i look forward to you putting these bozos in their place, including the two on that barnacle tub, but believe me, if you dont think that sailflat is a bozo, just go back to his post where he says "OMG, THE UNIT HASN'T TRANSMITTED IN 5 HOURS, THEY'VE WASHED OVERBOARD, I'M CALLING IN A RESCUE".

As I said before.... Look at the pile of shite you are standing in, if you don't... You can't clean it off and you will remain covered in shite.

If you actually did some research rather than just slinging shit you would notice Marian's account is congruent to mine... I will post that recap tomorrow...

I haven't looked at this sight for a few days and it seems like some are begining to become believers... I'd say, looking over everything, that they are if fact, out there and doing it...and still going. Somehow Soanya came out of the sea sickness and somehow they made it through the weather. Still a lot of nay sayers here but I think time will tell and eventually you'll all will finally run out of conspirecy theories. I love it. Nay sayers, go sailing, do something better with your time :lol: !

Agreed.... I don't think that I have ever sailed that straight a course by hand, even staring at a compass. Perhaps with a motor? True it is averaged from hourly readings... But with the shifting winds and currents... He has NEVER done it before in the previous 230 days. Suspicious.

Perhaps motoring... Anyone recall how much fuel the scow was carrying? Slow... Conserving fuel perhaps?

What are yo talking about SF?? Weids course changes, but just not very much.

You see, Weid has a lot of experience, he knows how to sail a schooner. How may of us on this thread KNOW how to sail a schooner?? Plus, with that long keel and fair hull you know its going to track like a cho-cho train. I'll admit it, the only schooner I have ever been on was a floating museum. I wouldn't mind learning to sail one.. seems no one I know has one, or more accurately, no one I know has one that they sail more than once a decade.

Here is the data:

post-22930-1197831803_thumb.jpg

Is this a sexist remark? I count five women (six if you're female)...there are over 8200 posts. Don't think there's a disproportionate amount of us. I'm not trolling. Are you? I was sent here by the hovains back in August (and if you've read this whole thread, you'll know what that means). When I first read this thing I almost died laughing, then SFAF/Jesse came along being absolutely nasty, then Lith being absolutely vulgar, but in the long run we stayed, they left. The people here are intelligent and very funny. I have laughed a lot and I have learned a lot. We're a bunch of skeptics who will not let Weid get away with this scam, no matter what it takes.

I'm pretty sure that the women who are posting here are here because we're not 'girly-girls,' we're tomboys.....

That's how I came here too. Initially interested in a good story. Then couldn't believe the drivel I was reading. Got sick and tired of the inane postings of Amber D. Then the total put downs of the good advice of what I came to learn were the SAers.

Sailflat - take a breath. You're making it very easy to see how scams start. Reid did it with person to person begging, bogus art shows and hitting up friends. You're doing it in the never - never land of the internet without even meeting anybody really involved or seeing anything outside your monitor. Just think - people are convinced he and she are NOT there just because we've talked about it. He is a pos on a boat that is a pos and his girlfriend is a "ho" - all because people here said so. See how easy it is to start? Just talk.

You're trying to stretch it a little bit too much, methinks. Relax.

And convuluted thinker - stfu - I already know EXACTLY what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. But - if you want to prove me right - go ahead and say it and I'll tell you if you're right.

Sorry I suppose I didn't make myself clear... To get straight to the point:

Hovians called for my associate(will call him "Bob")

Bob spoke with hovians for about 100 minutes about various subjects

Bob gave hovians advice about cleaning up their act... Then we could get back to Reid's incompetency and lack of character rather than conspiracy theories.

One of the main points was that to sideline many theories he could have Reid take a photo with...

Himself, Sayanara, and GPS outside in front of mainsail

The hovians response was that it was a GREAT idea but wasn't sure that Reid would do it... It seems that Reid doesn't think that the "real world" matters and it can be very hard to get him to take anyone's advice.

Instead a picture that would clear up a lot, we get a picture that leaves things open for speculation.

It wouldn't have taken much more work to take a pict with both him and Sayanara in it... They have done it before...

So the question of the day is why would reid not go to that small extra trouble... Or even better, take that same pict with Sayanara in it instead?

IT could simply be that Reid is an incompetent ass who can't take good advice from mission control. Or it could be something else.

I haven't looked at this sight for a few days and it seems like some are begining to become believers... I'd say, looking over everything, that they are if fact, out there and doing it...and still going. Somehow Soanya came out of the sea sickness and somehow they made it through the weather. Still a lot of nay sayers here but I think time will tell and eventually you'll all will finally run out of conspirecy theories. I love it. Nay sayers, go sailing, do something better with your time :lol: !

WTF are you talking about? "some are beginning to become believers" ???????? Believers in what? In Reid? Get a grip, there, Sunshine!

Many, including myself, have mostly thought that they were "out there", "doing it". What has been at issue, here, is the idiotic and irresponsible approach they've taken to "doing it."

Now, go away for a few more days.

--

OGR

Actually, there's NO evidence that Soanya came out of the sea sickness, quite the opposite - why the heck is Reid taking his own picture in front of the GPS? Would it have been that much trouble for her to take that pic instead of ending up with the maritime equivalent of the drunken frat party "dude look how wasted I am" crappy cheap digicam self-photo? Where are the recent photos of Soanya?

(We've got this AWESOME Ni-Fe foil at work - much better EMF shielding than that cheap Al crap)...

Sorry I suppose I didn't make myself clear... To get straight to the point:

Hovians called for my associate(will call him "Bob")

Bob spoke with hovians for about 100 minutes about various subjects

Bob gave hovians advice about cleaning up their act... Then we could get back to Reid's incompetency and lack of character rather than conspiracy theories.

One of the main points was that to sideline many theories he could have Reid take a photo with...

Himself, Sayanara, and GPS outside in front of mainsail

The hovians response was that it was a GREAT idea but wasn't sure that Reid would do it... It seems that Reid doesn't think that the "real world" matters and it can be very hard to get him to take anyone's advice.

Instead a picture that would clear up a lot, we get a picture that leaves things open for speculation.

It wouldn't have taken much more work to take a pict with both him and Sayanara in it... They have done it before...

So the question of the day is why would reid not go to that small extra trouble... Or even better, take that same pict with Sayanara in it instead?

IT could simply be that Reid is an incompetent ass who can't take good advice from mission control. Or it could be something else.

Right - it COULD be he's playing you

What thread are you reading, something salty shithead? Believers? Never! No matter what they come up with, I will never believe their farce! Now take yourself out of here... :angry:

Now THAT'S a interesting nugget. Figure out a way to fool the MetOcean unit, and I might stop picking on the foil hat brigade.

post-22200-1197835655.jpg

The displayed numbers could be destination numbers entered manually, GPS units that are tied into an autopilot have this feature.

With that said, it really makes no difference. I would bet R&S are where they say they are. They had a nice break at Club Med a few weeks back and they are sailing/drifting again.

TRAKCHEK

Times at dates on the plot chart are approximate, so don't anyone hang their tin foil hats on the exactness of dates and times...comparing the plots with the QuikSCAT histories and StormSurf Hindcast images should help explain the movements of vessel tracking unit MET595, or not.

Like this???

post-22930-1197835846_thumb.jpg

Hate to say it... but I'm having a hard time proving they are not there :( Let me check my tinfoil hat.. Oh shit!!! My kid poked holes in it.. NO!!!!!!

000.png

If anyone wants to see what you can actually do with a GPS-31 here is the user manual:

GP31_GP36_20Operator_27s_20Manual_20_20k.pdf

post-22200-1197836016.gif

Go away you clown.

Ok, let's recap the last week or so. Sailfart in post # 7047 starts the panic, saying: "7 hours now without a report". Now the real fun starts. 858 posts later, that's right 858, spent on awild goose chase. Who is the hero...well let's see I yell fire and then call the fire department. Why it's me. WAIT, there is no fire and I really didn't call the fire department. Sailfart has been asked, too many times to count, to prove to us that he actually called SAR. Can't do it. His sycophants chime in to defend him. Ok, fast forward. Weed sends in a report that looks real. The tracking is back up. The forum topic changes and forgets all that just happened. Weed, Mission Control and Sailfart (Hovian) have successfully brought more hits to their site than you could pay for.

Now many of you Sailfart sycophants will jump on me like denial on a lie. That's ok, 'cause that's what it is.

If any of you would have listened to Tacking at post # 6995, you would have had better success in controlling your obsessive-compulsive computer usage and might have actually used the 3-4 hours a day to do something, anything productive.

Dude, you need to take your happy pills and return to the asylum.post-22200-1197837079.gif

I haven't looked at this sight for a few days and it seems like some are begining to become believers.
Beginning? No, I believed Day #1, that an asshole shopped for somebody lacking sailing experience or qualification, to take out of sight of land, safety, family, friends, calories, medical facilities, entertainment, meaningful work, and so forth...for an extended period...simply because he did't want to work, pay his bills, eventually got evicted, and wanted a cheap maid & fuck on hand while he ran from bill collectors. I believe that much was, and remains, painfully obvious.

I'd say, looking over everything, that they are if fact, out there and doing it...and still going.
That's an outcome of getting evicted. You have to go somewhere "out there", or at least "not here"....and keep on going.

As for "doing it", to be analogous to the intended Mars mission, NASA would have to grab some punk out of a Star Wars theator, ask them if they want to see the inside of a real space craft, promise them candy to say "yes", throw their ass in said space craft, and blast the fucker off to Mars before the kid had time to phone home. On that point, yep....Weed's sure doing it.

Somehow Soanya came out of the sea sickness...
In truth, there is no evidence she is alive, dead, ill, well, still on the boat by free will, or at risk of immediate death if she dares call for help.

I am not suggesting I do know the answer to that, but rather that you don't. Anyone considering rambling 1000Days "updates" to be evidence of anything, other than extreme efforts Weed goes through to avoid working and paying bills, I can only suggest they spend less time watching Reality TV. The lack of writing style consistency suggests any number of people (roughly 6?) are writing the updates, any one (or perhaps none) of which may be Soanya. In any case, assuming Soanya is presently free to publicly express any idea or fact suggests you are either well under the age of (50) or, by sheer dumb luck, never had to personally deal with the Weeds of the world. His kind can quite literall justify anything that suits their own warped sense of ethics. If he happens to want her to convey Happy Thoughts, it is very much in her immediate interests to do so.

and somehow they made it through the weather...
Yeah, and I once made it through an horrendously stupid drunk-driving event, seeing two blazing sunrises and using all 8 lanes of a 2-lane highway, while driving home from my highschool senior class bash. Fortunately, it was a very early Saturday morning, when by sheer accident nobody else was on the particular road. That was when I was 17. I never did it again. Thinking I could forever drive sloppy drunk because I got away with it once never crossed my mind. Several kids per year thought otherwise. Most died believing it, killing or maiming others in the process. For Weed, the equivalent of drunk driving is a full-time lifestyle.

As I said in an earlier SA post, nature's laws enforce themselves. (Full disclosure: I believe The Sea has a copyright on that phrase).

So the Sea is out Christmas shopping, looking for that perfect something the Wind has always wanted. Big fucking deal, for now.

In due time, she will return. Only Weed himself and non-sailors, regretably including Soanya, would bet on Weed winning this one.

eventually you'll all will finally run out of conspirecy theories...
True, by definition, for the reason just noted. Theory ends and fact prevails, once Mother Nature, serious bill collectors, and seriously embarrassed sponsers enforce their respective laws. We will collectively run out of theories because he will be "cute", in his burned out New Age brown-acid sort of way, one time too many....and make headline news.
Top 10:

(almost 40% of all posts by the same 10 people)

Too bad Captain Lithium is gone...

Yes, but Lith posted all his hits in about a three day period!

And you shall rot in hell for wishing him on us again. Go back to Austria, edel.....

Now, if there's someone reading this who's following the 1000days blog and likes to do research, why don't you go back and compile a list of all of Sayonara's stupid statements, such as "...seems the ocean makes it easier to have vivid dreams." (Huh, WTF?) Or some of her pearls of wisdom about ivy or sprouts? Or that absolute farce on birds that the land-hovians wrote the other day in lieu of something from R/S? That would keep you busy for awhile. B)

Beginning? No, I believed Day #1, that an asshole shopped for somebody lacking sailing experience or qualification, to take out of sight of land, safety, family, friends, calories, medical facilities, entertainment, meaningful work, and so forth...for an extended period...simply because he did't want to work, pay his bills, eventually got evicted, and wanted a cheap maid & fuck on hand while he ran from bill collectors. I believe that much was, and remains, painfully obvious.

That's an outcome of getting evicted. You have to go somewhere "out there", or at least "not here"....and keep on going.

As for "doing it", to be analogous to the intended Mars mission, NASA would have to grab some punk out of a Star Wars theator, ask them if they want to see the inside of a real space craft, promise them candy to say "yes", throw their ass in said space craft, and blast the fucker off to Mars before the kid had time to phone home. On that point, yep....Weed's sure doing it.

In truth, there is no evidence she is alive, dead, ill, well, still on the boat by free will, or at risk of immediate death if she dares call for help.

I am not suggesting I do know the answer to that, but rather that you don't. Anyone considering rambling 1000Days "updates" to be evidence of anything, other than extreme efforts Weed goes through to avoid working and paying bills, I can only suggest they spend less time watching Reality TV. The lack of writing style consistency suggests any number of people (roughly 6?) are writing the updates, any one (or perhaps none) of which may be Soanya. In any case, assuming Soanya is presently free to publicly express any idea or fact suggests you are either well under the age of (50) or, by sheer dumb luck, never had to personally deal with the Weeds of the world. His kind can quite literall justify anything that suits their own warped sense of ethics. If he happens to want her to convey Happy Thoughts, it is very much in her immediate interests to do so.

Yeah, and I once made it through an horrendously stupid drunk-driving event, seeing two blazing sunrises and using all 8 lanes of a 2-lane highway, while driving home from my highschool senior class bash. Fortunately, it was a very early Saturday morning, when by sheer accident nobody else was on the particular road. That was when I was 17. I never did it again. Thinking I could forever drive sloppy drunk because I got away with it once never crossed my mind. Several kids per year thought otherwise. Most died believing it, killing or maiming others in the process. For Weed, the equivalent of drunk driving is a full-time lifestyle.

As I said in an earlier SA post, nature's laws enforce themselves. (Full disclosure: I believe The Sea has a copyright on that phrase).

So the Sea is out Christmas shopping, looking for that perfect something the Wind has always wanted. Big fucking deal, for now.

In due time, she will return. Only Weed himself and non-sailors, regretably including Soanya, would bet on Weed winning this one.

True, by definition, for the reason just noted. Theory ends and fact prevails, once Mother Nature, serious bill collectors, and seriously embarrassed sponsers enforce their respective laws. We will collectively run out of theories because he will be "cute", in his burned out New Age brown-acid sort of way, one time too many....and make headline news.

Who's got that Applause pic I can attach to this? Excellent cscow!!

Ok... I'll be the stupid one!

wtf is Wind Hindcast and how is that useful? Those are charts from 6 days ago.

Hindcast is the term used by some to describe the opposite of forecast. What's posted are the "forecast" images that were displayed on the day/time indicated. Instead of rolling the forecast animation forward from today. They roll the tape backwards.

The historical qSCAT stuff is the same thing. If you go to the QuikSCAT site you can get the latest image or you can pick a year, and a Julian day (meaning Dec 16 = Day 350 in the year), and bingo you get the QuikSCAT image for that day.

There you have it...

He says there: "My entire life has been built upon my quest to enlighten humanity. I try to impart this by everything I do… I went on the 1st Arts and cultural mission to Antarctica to bring world peace and art to a land wroth with beauty yet devoid of human touch and expression... I have now taken my writings and am about to open a multi media rock opera off b’way called “Sub-conscious Sea”. I have done this to awaken humanity and to help fund what I hope will be my biggest quest of all. I plan to spend 1000 days non-stop at sea where I will paint and hopefully give more than I have received. My wish is that I touch you."

The Chick on the Boat asked: "WTF? It looks like a man trying to give birth, or take a serious backed-up dump, with a seriously infected toe, but then there is something laying down the middle of him that could be a woman down on him, or something...anybody???"

I think I see a gerbil in there....is it titled "Armageddon" by chance? :ph34r:

"My entire life has been built upon my quest to enlighten humanity. I try to impart this by everything I do...I went on the 1st Arts and cultural mission to Antarctica to bring world peace to a land wroth with beauty yet devoid of human touch and expression."

A huge WTF on this one. First of all, who put you in charge of enlightening humanity? And you needed to bring beauty to Antarctica because it's devoid (he loves that void word, doesn't he?) of human touch and expression so you brought YOUR 'stuff' (I have a hard time calling it 'art')? Cheesus, seems to me it's mankind who has done a wonderful job of fucking up those beautiful untouched places Ma Nature created! And "wroth?" Definition: angry, wrathful, incensed. So Antarctica was angry, wrathful and incensed with beauty (?!?) and you alone needed to bring it peace and YOUR stuff?

You must have contracted syphillis many years ago fucking sheep on some remote South Pacific island and it addled your frigging brain because you are an IDIOT!

"My entire life has been built upon my quest to enlighten humanity. I try to impart this by everything I do...I went on the 1st Arts and cultural mission to Antarctica to bring world peace to a land wroth with beauty yet devoid of human touch and expression."

A huge WTF on this one. First of all, who put you in charge of enlightening humanity? And you needed to bring beauty to Antarctica because it's devoid (he loves that void word, doesn't he?) of human touch and expression so you brought YOUR 'stuff' (I have a hard time calling it 'art')? Cheesus, seems to me it's mankind who has done a wonderful job of fucking up those beautiful untouched places Ma Nature created! And "wroth?" Definition: angry, wrathful, incensed. So Antarctica was angry, wrathful and incensed with beauty (?!?) and you alone needed to bring it peace and YOUR stuff?

You must have contracted syphillis many years ago fucking sheep on some remote South Pacific island and it addled your frigging brain because you are an IDIOT!

Hey aseawolf ~ wanna choose a picture for your dart board? Gawd, I have to go wash my hands now

post-22901-1197847910_thumb.jpg

Is this a sexist remark? I count five women (six if you're female)...there are over 8200 posts. Don't think there's a disproportionate amount of us. I'm not trolling. Are you? I was sent here by the hovains back in August (and if you've read this whole thread, you'll know what that means). When I first read this thing I almost died laughing, then SFAF/Jesse came along being absolutely nasty, then Lith being absolutely vulgar, but in the long run we stayed, they left. The people here are intelligent and very funny. I have laughed a lot and I have learned a lot. We're a bunch of skeptics who will not let Weid get away with this scam, no matter what it takes.

Amen to that, sister! I always suspect the hubby really married me for my massive power tool collection. I'm the handy-woman around the house- if something breaks, I fix it! I let him replace outlets and lights, but I'm the one who rebuilds the toilets, paints, fixes the sprinkler lines, tiles, puts in concrete pads, landscaping... My girlie-girl friends at work are jealous of my mad skills. The hubby loves my construction skills, and we have worked as a team restoring the boat, and spent this weekend putting new tile in the lanai (we're still not done. HE thought it would take one day, but HE'S never tiled before.) I'm competetive at everything I do (sports, work, etc.), but I'm still a girl and clean up well. :) I'm much happier covered in paint and dirt at the boatyard than being at work! I'm sure most of the girls on here would agree with that!

... And "wroth?" Definition: angry, wrathful, incensed. So Antarctica was angry, wrathful and incensed with beauty (?!?) and you alone needed to bring it peace and YOUR stuff?

Heh, heh... Ya, I saw that too. No doubt, Weid was thinking of the word "wrought" (made delicately or elaborately). Its just another example of Weid reaching beyond his level of schooling and/or intellect and stubbing his toe.

--

OGR

What's the title of that work - "Prelude to Assplay"?

Dude, chill. It was NOT meant as a bitchslap - that's why I said "no offense". I just wasn't sure which you meant. Sorry I didn't look at your entire post history, just the first 3 pages... and more sorry that I didn't notice your join date. My apologies. It was late, I was tired... anyways, I didn't mean to offend you. Really.

FWIW, I was also noticing that this thread has more women posting, than most threads on the site.

...And yeah, I'm familiar with the HWSNBN threads (here, and at boatdesign.net). A couple of months back, someone posted the infamous pic of Frank drifting into the race, and Shife said anyone who didn't know the significance should get a kick in the balls. So I read it. All of it. Then wished I'd taken the kick in the balls, instead.

Although I realized, later, that Frank's weird logic makes a pretty good cure for insomnia - makes me feel like I'm dreaming, already.

If you're a veteran of those threads, you have my admiration/respect. Again, my newbish apologies for offending you.

It’s like I said FRENCHIE – no offence taken.

Hindcast is the term used by some to describe the opposite of forecast. What's posted are the "forecast" images that were displayed on the day/time indicated. Instead of rolling the forecast animation forward from today. They roll the tape backwards.

The historical qSCAT stuff is the same thing. If you go to the QuikSCAT site you can get the latest image or you can pick a year, and a Julian day (meaning Dec 16 = Day 350 in the year), and bingo you get the QuikSCAT image for that day.

There you have it...

Thanks! But how does it apply to this situation?

Knowing where you've been doesn't always tell you where your going.

The Flying Dutchman - or in our case the Flying Weedman :lol:

I never in a million years would have guessed Weed would get this far. But now he has, I am wondering if he can put into port?

Does he have valid documentation for his CheeseCraft?

Valid passports?

Working credit cards?

Cash?

Some customs official might have all kinds of fun with this one!

Nothing sinister or sexist, it was just a query!

It was that I had been reading the America’s cup thread and the percentage of females posting there (when compared with the men –and I use the term men loosely as most would never qualify for the term “gentlemen”) is very low (when compared with the men posting there, or so it seems to me) and the most prominent female that had been posting on that site (Marian) had been insulted to the extent of obscenity.

On this thread the women appear more than capable of “holding their own” (no pun intended) I just hope that I have not got myself into hot water here???

god stopped reading sometime in summer, just tried to start again and fuck me is this confusing!

tin hats?

conspiracy theories?

people demanding pictures or it didn't happen!

how did i miss so much!

Not that different than any other thread here.

Just no Penguins or sock puppets here yet.

OR ARE THEY? :ph34r:

I never in a million years would have guessed Weed would get this far. But now he has, I am wondering if he can put into port?

Valid passports?

Working credit cards?

Cash?

Shhhhhh... Quiet. :ph34r:

Probably not.

Nothing sinister or sexist, it was just a query!

It was that I had been reading the America’s cup thread and the percentage of females posting there (when compared with the men –and I use the term men loosely as most would never qualify for the term “gentlemen”) is very low (when compared with the men posting there, or so it seems to me) and the most prominent female that had been posting on that site (Marian) had been insulted to the extent of obscenity.

On this thread the women appear more than capable of “holding their own” (no pun intended) I just hope that I have not got myself into hot water here???

Perhaps it's because this thread attracts more gentleman. :rolleyes:

Valid passports?

Working credit cards?

Cash?

Good questions KIS, because I think we discovered Anne is not really registered (Painting 'ANGUILLA BWI' on your boat doesn't count). Hell, does that mean I could have painted Hen Island on mine then and I'd be registered? Definitely no working credit cards, unless it's a Visa card someone bought him at the A&P for $100 bucks, because you need money and good credit for a credit card. Oh, Sayonara might have one.....ooh, ooh, ooh, that's why he loves her, for her money...

Passports? I would think so, although someone had to gift him with his. :lol:

Thanks! But how does it apply to this situation?

Knowing where you've been doesn't always tell you where your going.

I stuck the historical stuff up, along with the labeled set of plots from vessel tracking unit MET595 so folks could compare the wind/wave/sfc pressure data to certain spots along MET595's track where it adjusted course enough to see it on the chart. In other words, what if anything caused the course adjustments.

Amen to that, sister! I always suspect the hubby really married me for my massive power tool collection. I'm the handy-woman around the house- if something breaks, I fix it! I let him replace outlets and lights, but I'm the one who rebuilds the toilets, paints, fixes the sprinkler lines, tiles, puts in concrete pads, landscaping... My girlie-girl friends at work are jealous of my mad skills. The hubby loves my construction skills, and we have worked as a team restoring the boat, and spent this weekend putting new tile in the lanai (we're still not done. HE thought it would take one day, but HE'S never tiled before.) I'm competetive at everything I do (sports, work, etc.), but I'm still a girl and clean up well. :) I'm much happier covered in paint and dirt at the boatyard than being at work! I'm sure most of the girls on here would agree with that!

post-22901-1197850903_thumb.jpg

Perhaps it's because this thread attracts more gentleman. :rolleyes:

Quite possible, and to those gentlemen and ladies I apologize whole heartedly for that absolutely crude syphillis remark but Weid brings out the worst in me! :huh:

Dude, you need to take your happy pills and return to the asylum.post-22200-1197837079.gif

Dude, you need to stop eating that yellow snow!

You are way behind Regatta Doggie in the amount of time you spend away from people. (Look at you stats for the number of posts) I mean real people, not vitual people that can pretend to be anybody sitting in front of their keyboard. Get off the keyboard and go have a conversation with someone,real.

IT'S BORING AROUND HERE..............I GOT AN IDEA

HEY SAILFLAT? YOU BOZO

CALL IN ANOTHER SAR JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT.

You are a pretentious, annoying little prig, why not actually say something other than drivel, or would that tax your mentality to much. Better still GROW UP.

You are a pretentious, annoying little prig, why not actually say something other than drivel, or would that tax your mentality to much. Better still GROW UP.

If you'd put It on <ignore> we all wouldn't have to read that person's crap even though some of us have chosen to <ignore> that person. Put convoluted and unfairanddishonest on IGNORE AND THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY!

post-22930-1197774696_thumb.jpg

Fuel for the fire.

OH, BTW: data was also sent to my VHF and radar via NMEA network..nifty

Hey, it looks like Reid prefers blondes by the look of that upside-down magazine behind the GPS.

The first word in the text at the lower right hand corner of the magazine says- Warning: (I can't read the rest...)

What kind of porn needs a warning, dare I ask?

Now we can wonder if the magazine will last 1000 days.

If you'd put It on <ignore> we all wouldn't have to read that person's crap even though some of us have chosen to <ignore> that person. Put convoluted and unfairanddishonest on IGNORE AND THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY!

I don't like to put anyone on ignore unless they become totally BORING. (Example being flame and dishonest who I have put on ignore) but this little "troll" is getting really close to that point with the last few postings. I will let them “run a course” for a while to see how they evolve. An example of this was way back, I very nearly put SWAN on ignore, but I am glad now that I didn’t as I would have missed out on some quite humorous posts by him – not at all boring. Some people do change for the better over time on these threads if given a little lee-way (lee-way – nautical term, for the non sailing Hovians and trolls reading this)

Top 10:

(almost 40% of all posts by the same 10 people)

Too bad Captain Lithium is gone...

One post closer to 500, but I think I can justify the volume by reminding you that about a dozen of the posts were random squirrel posts (not random squirrels, but random posts containing squirrels, the squirrels themselves being very unique and lovely in my pure bread, Boston Terrier mind).

I also used about a dozen posts helping fellow SAers with their grammar, the most recent incident bisecting a joke that was confusing because of the "boning" vs. "fucking" conundrum.

The rest of the posts prove that I haven't got much of a social life, my cable was cut off because I didn't pay the bill, my local liquor store delivers, I'm seeing a chick that's a nymphomaniac who doesn't need to be wined and dined and is content to provide me with oral sex while I read/type, and I've needed something to keep my skills sharp while me and my brethren have been on strike.

EARTH TO VESSEL TRACKING UNIT MET595...

It's been noted that your plots are stacking up. Are you being shaken and stirred in the Cauldron?

- OVER

Whats the matter Reid? Boat not moving? "Southern Ocean" steering for you???

post-22930-1197864970_thumb.jpg

Heading back for land??? Hmmm? eh? Reidy??

One post closer to 500, but I think I can justify the volume by reminding you that about a dozen of the posts were random squirrel posts (not random squirrels, but random posts containing squirrels, the squirrels themselves being very unique and lovely in my pure bread, Boston Terrier mind).

I also used about a dozen posts helping fellow SAers with their grammar, the most recent incident bisecting a joke that was confusing because of the "boning" vs. "fucking" conundrum.

The rest of the posts prove that I haven't got much of a social life, my cable was cut off because I didn't pay the bill, my local liquor store delivers, I'm seeing a chick that's a nymphomaniac who doesn't need to be wined and dined and is content to provide me with oral sex while I read/type, and I've needed something to keep my skills sharp while me and my brethren have been on strike.

You have made me laugh many a time, and have given some great info. And we love your squirrels. Keep it all coming! :wub:

Whats the matter Reid? Boat not moving? "Southern Ocean" steering for you???

post-22930-1197864970_thumb.jpg

Heading back for land??? Hmmm? eh? Reidy??

Well, yesterday I see he actually went 4 and 5 knots over a two hour period which is like 228 for an F1 car so maybe he ripped his sails again and had to drop them and flip back to float mode until he sews them again. No post again either.

Is Reid in the back seat of a minivan?

2116417867_25fbbfc576_o.jpg

Funny.

Soanya's View:

I had a great daytime nap today and dreamed some very vivid dreams. It seems the ocean makes it easier to have vivid dreams. I guess when you don't have a lot of external things bothering your mind, it creates its own entertainment. I dreamed my whole family was on a boat and we were watching old home movies. It was a little strange as dreams usually are, but it was nice. Reid said he didn't dream very much in the beginning of the voyage, but now that he is more rested, he also has vivid dreams. Dreams are supposed to be symbolic ways of processing what happened in the day and resolving past issues that a person never paid enough attention to. I wonder what kinds of issues my head is processing? Whatever they are, I'm sure they're good for me.

Now think daytime nookie, orgasm, masturbation, the whole family watching porn movies, never paid enough attention to me. It's just too easy to rescript.

aseawolf just gave me an idea. Everybody who thinks the rhetoric from aseawolf. sailflat (I used your chosen name) and other posters with similar knee jerk reactions, put then all on ignore. Sailflat, aseawolf, etc. put covolutedbreeze, myself and other similar posters on ignore and then we all will be very happy.

Aseawolf et al won't listen to us and visa versa. Nobody will have a differing opinion and we can all be happy among like thinkers. Just think what a happy and boring world we can live in. Thank you aseawolf for a terrific idea.

I don't like to put anyone on ignore unless they become totally BORING. (Example being flame and dishonest who I have put on ignore) but this little "troll" is getting really close to that point with the last few postings. I will let them “run a course” for a while to see how they evolve. An example of this was way back, I very nearly put SWAN on ignore, but I am glad now that I didn’t as I would have missed out on some quite humorous posts by him – not at all boring. Some people do change for the better over time on these threads if given a little lee-way (lee-way – nautical term, for the non sailing Hovians and trolls reading this)

You mean...some people who change their thinking to mine, I will listen to. The others I will ignore. Wow, that's is almost Reid like. Just surround yourself with sycophants.