• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

Nothing like a handjob from a hunk-a-hunk-a-burnin'-man to relax things a bit over at MC.

I am very happy they're putting comments back up on their blog, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were directed by Reid to do so. Or perhaps Bonnie's prediction was dead on and Ed #2 hit the sidewalk without the aid of stairs or elevator. Whatever the reason, I'm glad they've opened it back up, as comments from their followers are often as entertaining as those from R&S.

I wonder if this means SAers can post again, if we don't use foul language, and are nice, and worship the Lord Stowe, savior of humanity and God of the Deep.....end.

Probably not, but I'll give it a try. ;)

I think they are tiffed that they now know, NO reputable sailing magazine, or publisher of maritime books would give them $.001 for this story. Can you imagine the cheese scow on the front cover of SAIL? Never! The audience of SA is a good representation of the mainstream sailing crowd, a perfect indicator for marketing.

I was just browsing a copy of Ocean Navigator, few months old. They devoted one and a half columns in their "Chartroom Chatter" (or whatever they call it now) to Weed. Yes, things might have looked real and legit when they shoved off, but legitimacy and credibility of 1000days has gone down hill steadily ever since. If anything the only column space 1000days could be worthy of is a sarcastic critique during "Parting Shot", a la Julie @ theBoaters.tv (which was hilarious btw).

I predict when/if they make it back, and they go banging on the doors of their sponsors and the press to drum up attention for the book/lecture circuit, the response will be "and you are... who?".

Reid, you might need this: 200039004065_0.jpg

Learn how to make some nifty sails too http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/oddsails.html

I'm thinking he could use that spool to make one of these when things go horribly awry...

The Hangman's Knot.

This knot is used for the gallows-tree as well. The force to close it is adjusted better than with the gallows knot. And because it is bigger in the neck it is believed to break the neck more easy. That would make it more mercy-full as the gallows-knot which kills by strangeling.

nhhang.gif

The blog has been down for over five hours! Call the Coast Guard!

It looks like the 1000days blog is gone.

I just got a "Page not found" error.

1000days.net is still active, though.

Now, what the hell are they doin' over there?

I think that they shut down the blog so that the official page would get more hits.

Focus PEOPLE Focus...

day-251-blue-sky-sm.jpg

Day 251 Blue Sky

Saturday, 29 December 2007

Wind SW 15-20 knots, Course E, Speed 5 knots, Position: 40° 48 S, 41° 11 E

A blue sky is my favorite sky. A dome of clear blue with no clouds. Clouds are beautiful, but then I start interpreting them. What do those clouds look like? What is the weather changing into? A blue sky says purity. It says nothing and that is the most profound and mesmerizing. In the photo, I am pointing to the original blue sky before there were clouds and people to interpret the sky. We have had so little blue sky since we've entered the Southern Ocean that this blue sky is greatly appreciated. How do we appreciate it? Just by loving it for as long as we can before other duties pull us away.

The wind stays out of the SW and we continue to sail balanced and bouncing downwind and down-wave. This is how we like to sail. Our mark advances nicely across the chart while eternity watches from deep in the blue sky.

I forgot to share the good news about our fenugreek sprouts. Earlier in the voyage during the months we were sailing in warm weather, the fenugreek seeds, our most important sprout, weren't sprouting. People sent us ideas about what to do with the seeds since we had so many, but the ideas didn't work for us. Ever since we entered the southern ocean and the weather got cooler, the fenugreek seeds started to sprout abundantly again. The lentils, mung, and adzuki seeds slowed down as the fenugreek seeds returned to fill our salad bowls to overflowing.

Soanya's View:

A clear blue sky is a place that you can get lost in. Have you ever been to the beach or a wide open space, laid down and let only the blue sky fill your vision? You kind of lose sense of time and space and you don't know which way is up or down. If you haven't, you should try it sometime. I've always marveled at how a plain blue sky wasn't actually a blue sky but a reflection of light and that the actual sky I was staring at was as black as outer space. Then I try to see the black and at times I think I can almost see the black behind the azure blue. It's fun to feel the presence of the night sky in broad daylight. It gives the day a sense of continuity.

Out here, I haven't contemplated the blue sky in just that way. A blue sky on the ocean means cheerful weather. It means a sparkling blue ocean and a view to soothe the senses. Then the birds populate the sky and give it dimension. We take in everything and try to be in the moment.

Reid and Soanya

It looks like the 1000days blog is gone.

I just got a "Page not found" error.

1000days.net is still active, though.

Now, what the hell are they doin' over there?

Man on man massage. NASA is there taking notes.

Edit: Thanks SF. I'll chime in later after reviewing the new post.

But still - I think it's either homo-erotic massage or toothbrush bris ceremony.

The blog has been down for over five hours! Call the Coast Guard!

Naaa.. That would be overkill... ;)

I think we should call DAWG The Bounty Hunter or perhaps the county prosecutor.

Seems that we may have another candidate for the quotes section...

A blue sky says purity. It says nothing and that is the most profound and mesmerizing. In the photo, I am pointing to the original blue sky before there were clouds and people to interpret the sky.

WTF

You cant make this shite up!

Seems that we may have another candidate for the quotes section...

A blue sky says purity. It says nothing and that is the most profound and mesmerizing. In the photo, I am pointing to the original blue sky before there were clouds and people to interpret the sky.

WTF

You cant make this shite up!

SF: Exactly the part I was focused on. I was pondering the question of whether the sky was actually blue before there were people to interpret the sky . . . :blink: Then I got on a Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle tangent, and then I realized I needed a sprout salad before my head blew up.

It's been hard without the blog. How long has it been now? Like, almost FOREVER? At least it's in the Google Cache.

SF, should we call SAR? NYPD? ASPCA? PHRF? Maybe F&H would volunteer to make the call this time.

A few pages ago someone mentioned reading the book "Adrift". I just finished reading it and I am just speechless.

What an ordeal! But one thing that struck me was this passage:

"Conditions are favorable for my tub. It's blowing hard enough to move us well, but not so hard that the waves

are blasted apart. Unless we are hit by a rogue wave, Ducky will stay on her bottom. She slues down the

slopes with a speedy motion that is smooth, quiet, and peaceful, seemingly frictionless. I get a vision in my head

that I can't shake, one of a spaceship gliding in large curving banks through the vastness of space. In my log I

sketch Rubber Ducky converted to a flying saucer with a wide band around her perimeter, studded with lights. I

surround her with planets, stars and fish."

Ok, so what is it with sailors and space travel?! :unsure:

SF: Exactly the part I was focused on. I was pondering the question of whether the sky was actually blue before there were people to interpret the sky . . . :blink: Then I got on a Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle tangent, and then I realized I needed a sprout salad before my head blew up.

It's been hard without the blog. How long has it been now? Like, almost FOREVER? At least it's in the Google Cache.

SF, should we call SAR? NYPD? ASPCA? PHRF? Maybe F&H would volunteer to make the call this time.

I'm on it!

To quote a famous (legend in his own mind) sailor...."Made the Call"

Before I hung up they asked Sailfart to call them back about the first call, as they have some papers they want to send him.

I think that they shut down the blog so that the official page would get more hits.

Focus PEOPLE Focus...

Hey Sailfart, Why do you copy and paste their entire post for us. 1. We all read it. 2. We don't want to read it again. 3. Why do you want to give them more exposure? Hovian maybe?

Hi, Sweetie,

SF is performing a service here. I, for one, don't like Hovian Cookies on my machine.

As for exposure, well, I suppose my tinfoil hat will protect me... :rolleyes:

Have a Happy New Year.

Welcome back, F&H. I trust you had an enjoyable Christmas?

Oh, FYI: not everyone celebrates Christmas. :rolleyes:

Loki, Thanks for hello! Yeah, I was not very PC. My bad. Anyway, he needs to get a life outside of theis blog. Whjat worries me more is that we don't how many other blogs he tends to. I have this vision of Sailfart sitting on his couch watching TIVO recordings of the Family Guy eating Cheetos out of the bag with empty Red Bulls and Cheetos bags littered all aroung his feet.

I have this vision of Sailfart sitting on his couch watching TIVO recordings of the Family Guy eating Cheetos out of the bag with empty Red Bulls and Cheetos bags littered all around his feet.

NickTG? Regatta Dog? I see another Photoshop opportunity here. Sailflat, are you up to this one?

F&H: Do you know that there are browsers out there that check your spelling? Not to worry, I did it for you. :rolleyes:

And a very Merry New Year to you!

ASPCA would probably be the most appropriate...

But instead I think we should go straight to the source... Anyone ask FairandDishonest what the deal is???

Hey fartinthebreeze you have a life? You mean after all your whining and finally shutting down the farce over there you want to come here for some fresh air again? You and your "friends" spent christmas day boozing it up while you admired each other's haul from Walmart? Here's a clue, "real" man - get a life. Don't spend yours telling other people they are losers doing something they enjoy. A REAL loser is a clown who has nothing better to do than pick a truly stupid nickname so he can wander around mindlessly announcing his distaste for thinking people who don't join him in support of a sprout munching, amoral, lying, homeless street preacher and his dopey chick as some kind of imagined seafaring heroes. As you mature you will learn something important - don't keep making yourself unhappy and a fool. That's what you do when you pop in just to say how unhappy you are to be here and that people enjoying themselves should leave. In fact, it's what you do every time you open your mouth and make noise.

1. Re: Pick a truly stupid nickname...Robin.

2. Re: Shutting down the farce over there...that's not me sport.

3. Re: Xmas...I spent it with my children.

4. Re: Losers doing something they enjoy...Thank you for making my point.

5. Re: Announcing his distaste for thinking people...Thinking people! Whoa there sport, now you are really going off the edge if you think Sailfart can think.

6. Re Sprout munching, amoral, lying, etc....I couldn't agree with you more. Weed is all of that!

7. Re: To say how unhappy you are to be here... That's not me. You have a memory like a sieve. I have never said that.

NickTG? Regatta Dog? I see another Photoshop opportunity here. Sailflat, are you up to this one?

F&H: Do you know that there are browsers out there that check your spelling? Not to worry, I did it for you. :rolleyes:

I really don't have the Photochop skills. I have always used PS to clean things up and fix exposures. Chopping was very much against the rules, I didn't learn so I wouldn't be tempted.

I'm on it!

Before I hung up they asked Sailfart to call them back about the first call, as they have some papers they want to send him.

Well, he said he made the call.

I guess we just need to confirm it now.

Should we focus on that for the next 100 posts, or do something more interesting_

Welcome back F&H! :) We were all very worried about you and are glad that someone talked you off the ledge. I hope your stay at Bellevue was as pleasant as possible under the circumstances, and that you had some family visitors over the holiday. I look forward to the blog post about your space analogous rubber room where I understand they cut off the handle of your tooth brush, because they were concerned you'd poke out an eye using it as a telescope to try and find the Schooner Anne.

I know you are a tough guy, but please do yourself, Reid and the rest of your adoring fans a huge favor and stick to your meds from now on. The 1000 days site is not the same with out you and if you are committed again in the next week or so, you might miss out on the end of the year bonus Reid has arranged with the NYC Boy Slut Massage Company.

Happy New Year Sport!

Not witty or funny. Just a weak and lame retort.

Loki...I am getting to like you more each tome you write.

Nick....Gotta' tell ya'... I love your work!

I really don't have the Photochop skills. I have always used PS to clean things up and fix exposures. Chopping was very much against the rules, I didn't learn so I wouldn't be tempted.

Ok, I'll be nice. I could be wrong Mr. Flat, but I think the lovely Loki was suggesting that Nick cut you up with the Cheetos, etc.

Well, he said he made the call.

I guess we just need to confirm it now.

Should we focus on that for the next 100 posts, or do something more interesting_

Please, loquacious Loki, I beg of you, please don't do it. Anyting but 100 pages of did you really make the call. Shhh! You might wake up the convoluted soul.

Sorry, don't work on commission until I can find a patron of the fine arts here on SA. For now, I just toss the shit out......

2148105784_214fc43bcf_o.jpg

F&H - I heard you drew "Mr. Thick Finger" out of the bonnet at the Mission Control, sexual preference optional party last night. He told me he found your penis. He said it was just like a clitoris, but smaller.

I paid him extra to plow through your tampon and hit your G spot. ;) You so owe me, dude.

Happy New Year!!

RD

I'm on it!

F&H, Status report please.

Or was that an attempt at wit...no room for that here. Wit is not allowed. Read the Rules! (See also the Nit exception.)

(Geeze, between Friday and Rule 18 you would think there would be enough rules here to worry about.)

Oh, and to all who read this, Best Wishes for a Very Merry New Year!

F&H, Status report please.

Or was that an attempt at wit...no room for that here. Wit is not allowed. Read the Rules! (See also the Nit exception.)

(Geeze, between Friday and Rule 18 you would think there would be enough rules here to worry about.)

Oh, and to all who read this, Best Wishes for a Very Merry New Year!

Happy New Year to you too Loki. And remember Rule 69 --- NO FARTING!

Bless us one and all.

Happy New Year to you too Loki. And remember Rule 69!

Bless us one and all.

I would assume that everyone on this thread knows Rule 69 (Allegations of Gross Misconduct :blink: ). You, RD, have been the single, most instrumental force in incorporating Rule 69 into the RRS.

All racing sailors (I know this is not a racing thread) are indebted to you for your undying devotion to the campaign to adopt Rule 69. I, for one, believe that the penalty for violating Rule 69 should be a DSQ, and I do NOT think it should ever be allowed to be thrown out. I expect others will join in . . . or not.

Merry Happy, RD!

And to the rest of you as well!

Loki

In the photo, I am pointing to the original blue sky before there were clouds and people to interpret the sky.

He's been sailing since before ......... like.........anything......except cameras.....but before the sky.....and after the color blue.....but before people.......

I'm laughing so hard I would have clouds coming out my nose if Reid would only invent them. :lol:

Just ran across another tidbit. ARRRRGGG, as a vet, and someone who respects the flag I am so pissed. What-the-fuck is this Reid??? Huh??? What?? Why do you even have one of these on your scow? You thought this was okay??? WTF???

post-22930-1198992051_thumb.jpg

Just ran across another tidbit. ARRRRGGG, as a vet, and someone who respects the flag I am so pissed. What-the-fuck is this Reid??? Huh??? What?? Why do you even have one of these on your scow? You thought this was okay??? WTF???

Just another perfect example of Weid being "scribbly".

--

OGR

What is up with that? How hard is it to orient the flag correctly??? I am willing to donate ty-wraps and duct tape, mil-spec of course...

Regards,

Mike T

post-23450-1198992935.gif

What is up with that? How hard is it to orient the flag vertically???

Exactly. But beyond that, it looks as if Weid took a parade flag that he prolly scammed from someone and wedged it into the first place he could find on the boom.

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I haven't been around that much, but I've never seen a flag "flying" off a boom.

Scribbly, I say...

--

OGR

Soanya's View:

A clear blue sky is a place that you can get lost in. Have you ever been to the beach or a wide open space, laid down and let only the blue sky fill your vision? You kind of lose sense of time and space and you don't know which way is up or down. If you haven't, you should try it sometime. I've always marveled at how a plain blue sky wasn't actually a blue sky but a reflection of light and that the actual sky I was staring at was as black as outer space. Then I try to see the black and at times I think I can almost see the black behind the azure blue. It's fun to feel the presence of the night sky in broad daylight. It gives the day a sense of continuity.

Out here, I haven't contemplated the blue sky in just that way. A blue sky on the ocean means cheerful weather. It means a sparkling blue ocean and a view to soothe the senses. Then the birds populate the sky and give it dimension. We take in everything and try to be in the moment.

Reid and Soanya

I didn't know you could dry those sprouts and smoke 'em.

I'm thinking he could use that spool to make one of these when things go horribly awry...

The Hangman's Knot.

This knot is used for the gallows-tree as well. The force to close it is adjusted better than with the gallows knot. And because it is bigger in the neck it is believed to break the neck more easy. That would make it more mercy-full as the gallows-knot which kills by strangeling.

nhhang.gif

Post this one more time and Reid will have enough pictures to follow! Then he just needs three days to study and we should have a picture of his work posted.

Hey Sailfart, Why do you copy and paste their entire post for us. 1. We all read it. 2. We don't want to read it again. 3. Why do you want to give them more exposure? Hovian maybe?

I don't know about SF but I am glad he does because

1. I read it here and therefore do not bump up the hits on the jokeblog - the last thing I want to do is endorse the charade

2. No... actually I read it here first.. so it's not reading it again...... doubt I am in the minority here

3. It allows us to expose how ridiculous the whole thing is and have a good old belly laugh .....

so your problem is?????

I'd be even more upset because the Schooner Anne is a foreign registered boat - registered in Anguilla BWI. Properly and legally he should be flying the flag of the country the boat is registered in -- not trying to hide under an American flag while in port.

1. I read it here and therefore do not bump up the hits on the jokeblog - the last thing I want to do is endorse the charade

2. No... actually I read it here first.. so it's not reading it again...... doubt I am in the minority here

3. It allows us to expose how ridiculous the whole thing is and have a good old belly laugh .....

so your problem is?????

Thank you Traci. My sentiments exactly. I always read it here first too.

I'd be even more upset because the Schooner Anne is a foreign registered boat - registered in Anguilla BWI. Properly and legally he should be flying the flag of the country the boat is registered in -- not trying to hide under an American flag while in port.

Thank you Traci. My sentiments exactly. I always read it here first too.

I never head to the Hovian site either. Glad the monumental quotes and other posted crap show up here (Thanks SF).

A newbie called "Catdreams" was busy on Weid's wikipedia article and removed all the quotes as well as the references to Crowhurst and the Bumfuzzles. They're restored now. Money must be getting tight methinks. :P

Although I've been following this comedy from the beginning I either don't recall or missed noting that Weedwacko's "mission" contact info on the 1000 day site page is area code 928, a number in Arizona. Is this where he has contact with Martian aliens at their desert landing rendezvous site?

Thought his support group was hidden behind a hemp store on Long Island.

Happy New Year Jesse.

so your problem is?????

Me thinks that Hovian F&H is upset because I am reducing the number of hits on the official page again. One suspects that the official page is a ghost town and he is taking that personally.

No need for me to be the only one in on the fun... Whomever is the first person to notice a new post on the official page... (don't constantly check there as that would defeat the purpose) Please cross post it here to save us all the trouble of hitting the official page...

Or better yet... Perhaps Aseawolf or someone could check regularly and cross post when she finds it.

Thanks

SF

Although I've been following this comedy from the beginning I either don't recall or missed noting that Weedwacko's "mission" contact info on the 1000 day site page is area code 928, a number in Arizona. Is this where he has contact with Martian aliens at their desert landing rendezvous site?

Thought his support group was hidden behind a hemp store on Long Island.

Happy New Year Jesse.

Something like that... They like to buy their tinfoil hats at Bloomies I hear.

Me thinks that Hovian F&H is upset because I am reducing the number of hits on the official page again. One suspects that the official page is a ghost town and he is taking that personally.

No need for me to be the only one in on the fun... Whomever is the first person to notice a new post on the official page... (don't constantly check there as that would defeat the purpose) Please cross post it here to save us all the trouble of hitting the official page...

Or better yet... Perhaps Aseawolf or someone could check regularly and cross post when she finds it.

Thanks

SF

Word!

1. Re: Pick a truly stupid nickname...Robin.

2. Re: Shutting down the farce over there...that's not me sport.

3. Re: Xmas...I spent it with my children.

4. Re: Losers doing something they enjoy...Thank you for making my point.

5. Re: Announcing his distaste for thinking people...Thinking people! Whoa there sport, now you are really going off the edge if you think Sailfart can think.

6. Re Sprout munching, amoral, lying, etc....I couldn't agree with you more. Weed is all of that!

7. Re: To say how unhappy you are to be here... That's not me. You have a memory like a sieve. I have never said that.

You see, sport - you say "sport" without knowing what you mean. And you convolute my post to make your farty little brezze for your AWOL buddy to giggle about. And - about you being unhappy? Every time you come here it's to whine or bitch or make some nonsensical noise in the attempt to make an insult which always winds up being stupid. So the inference (look it up) is you are as unhappy as you were as jesse and Sailfast and all the little guises you assume on the former blog site.

So - the "blogger" commits blogocide while saying, "I'll show you." Kills itself to get even. Good for you Jesse - you've never been able to handle it but you refused to give it up in favor of a thoughtful person with some sense. And now you've killed it. All in the pretense of worrying about what people are saying about Reid and Soanya. but the real upset is it is you who cares - they don't even know. It could have been fun and, lord knows, people here tried to make it that way. But it's sometimes impossible to overcome intentional, wanton foolishness.

Thanks.. I couldn't read the "artsy" lettering on the posterior end of the cheese scow. Yep.. even more pissed now.

post-22930-1199035940.jpg

Some one needs to arrest this assclown before he starts a international incident.

I have more respect for these people:

Seen of Sailnetpost-22930-1199035523_thumb.jpg

This was taken east coast USA..

USC Title 22, Chapter II, § 454. Unlawful use of the American flag by vessel of foreign state

(a) It shall be unlawful for any vessel belonging to or operating under the jurisdiction of any foreign state to use the flag of the United States thereon, or to make use of any distinctive signs or markings, indicating that the same is an American vessel.

( B ) Any vessel violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall be denied for a period of three months the right to enter the ports or territorial waters of the United States except in cases of force majeure.

Only 3 months... well Reid, come back with that US Ensign and I'm sure we can get someone in law enforcement to cite you.. and then it will be 1090 days at sea.. A Space Analogous violation of United States Code.

I never head to the Hovian site either. Glad the monumental quotes and other posted crap show up here (Thanks SF).

I tend to read it all here too but sometimes the stuff seems so ridiculous I think that whoever posted it must have made some modifications so I go to see what the original post (on the Hovian site) sez. Sadly, however, the posts are exactly what the Void and the Ho sent. Further proof that you really can't make this shit up!! :wacko:

post-22600-1199041190_thumb.jpg

Wow! I never noticed the size of the poor girls nose until I saw this photo. Check out the huge shadow it casts. :o

Well we all know that Reid's first choice was a man....

Perhaps he chose her bc. she looks so much like a boy. :blink:

Thanks.. I couldn't read the "artsy" lettering on the posterior end of the cheese scow. Yep.. even more pissed now.

post-22930-1199035940.jpg

Some one needs to arrest this assclown before he starts a international incident.

Nearly there. :)

The maritime ensign of Anguilla is a defaced red ensign, not the defaced blue ensign used as the country's flag.

Is this monstrosity even registered in Anguilla these days? I get the impression she's not currently registered in any country (I know British part 1 registration lapses after five years unless it's renewed, I'd guess that Anguilla operates similar rules as both registries are part of the Red Ensign Group).

Is this monstrosity even registered in Anguilla these days? I get the impression she's not currently registered in any country (I know British part 1 registration lapses after five years unless it's renewed, I'd guess that Anguilla operates similar rules as both registries are part of the Red Ensign Group).

Are you serious? With all of the stuff that was not donated and that he could not get done, did you really expect that he would keep the registration current? Who is going to check it anyway since he is not going to pull into port?

Seriously, what does it matter if the boat is registered or not?

The latest from the former blog site. Interesting that it is "posted by Soanya Ahmad" and refers to her in the "more about me" section.

So Jessee - what happened? Ya'll got fired and the ancient mariner is taking over? He'll handle the web site directly?

skip to main | skip to sidebar 1000 Days at Sea

Sunday, December 30, 2007

1000 Days at Sea

For further updates - Please visit:

www.1000Days.net

Posted by Soanya Ahmad at 11:36 AM

Labels: "1000 Days at Sea"

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) Blog Archive

▼ 2007 (1)

▼ December (1)

1000 Days at Sea

About Me

Soanya Ahmad

View my complete profile

The maritime ensign of Anguilla is a defaced red ensign, not the defaced blue ensign used as the country's flag.

When the boat was launched it was called Schooner Tantra and it was probably never properly registered in the US. I'd be willing to bet that the home port shown on the stern of Schooner Anne was added (illegally) by Reid to get himself out of some jam or other in the Caribbean. The US ports don't seem to have any way of checking boats coming and going and he's probably kept the Anguilla because it sounds "exotic". Everything about Reid is a scam -- he's a big phoney. Calling himself a "captain" and all that too.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when the boat name was changed and why. Reid always says the boat was named for his mother (Tantra???) but I read here that he had a wife named Anne as well.

When the boat was launched it was called Schooner Tantra and it was probably never properly registered in the US. I'd be willing to bet that the home port shown on the stern of Schooner Anne was added (illegally) by Reid to get himself out of some jam or other in the Caribbean. The US ports don't seem to have any way of checking boats coming and going and he's probably kept the Anguilla because it sounds "exotic". Everything about Reid is a scam -- he's a big phoney. Calling himself a "captain" and all that too.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when the boat name was changed and why. Reid always says the boat was named for his mother (Tantra???) but I read here that he had a wife named Anne as well.

post-22930-1199050912.jpg

Reid picks font types that don't show well in photos too.

The original name was actually "Tantra Schooner" which has been published by Jill Bobrow in Classic Yacht Interiors, WW Norton & Co. 1982. No hailing port is visible. "Tantra Schooner" doesn't appear in the USCG vessel database either. The catamaran was named simply "Tantra."

"Tantra Schooner" was used as a charter boat. Obviously, this craft would not pass USCG inspection for passenger service, and I suspect this to be one of the possible many reasons for foreign hailing port. The original plan shows 16 berths... cozy. Since it is highly unlikely "Anne" or "Tantra Schooner" have ever held official documentation the question of when the name changed is of little significance. Probably changed the name when people who he was trying to avoid came looking for him.

"Tantra" seems to be associated with Hinduism. Possible he changed his religion too.. who knows? who cares?

"Tantra is that Asian body of beliefs and practices which, working from the principle that the universe we experience is nothing other than the concrete manifestation of the divine energy of the Godhead that creates and maintains that universe, seeks to ritually appropriate and channel that energy, within the human microcosm, in creative and emancipatory ways".[3]

I think at some point after Weid's turtle-shaped voyage with his wife, Laurence, he had his "charter" business in the Caribbean (this is when he was doing his pot smuggling, which was probably in the 80s but that's just a guess on my part since I knew someone doing the same thing at that time). At any rate, he had to flee the Caribbean and leave the boat behind because he got in some sort of trouble with the authorities. Eventually, he went back and snuck the boat out of the area back to the states (that's probably when he changed the name to Anne, which is definitely after his mother -- his wives were Lili and Laurence). He probably painted the name 'Anne' and 'Anguilla BWI' on it before un-beaching her and heading to the USA. We have discussed the fact that the boat probably isn't registered anywhere (it sat at Pier 63 for 10 years so no way did it get re-registered in the BWI in that time) and that it probably is not insured either. Since Mission Impossible has never ranted and raved about suing us for making false statements, etc., I take their silence as affirmation that the boat is not registered anywhere or insured. You need money to buy insurance...Paypal wouldn't be sufficient. He'd still be sitting in Hoboken if he needed insurance. This is one of the mitigating factors as to why he has chosen to sail off into the wild blue yonder in a boat...it's free! It's also why this voyage is without stops -- there's nothing 'space analogous' about it, it's about lack of money. They need money to pull into any port anywhere in the world...no stoppie, no costie! :lol: And no reggy, no stoppie! :lol:

Aseawolf ~ I'm sorry, but I've got to hit the buzzer on you here ...

Yep, ANNE was his 2nd wife.

He's got a 30-yr old daughter with first wife Iris...

Then dumped her for Anne (and changed the boat name)

Then dumped Anne after he went to France and met future 3rd wife Laurence in about year 2000.

I'm embarrassed to admit I even know this, but it's all from the SOM posts ... :ph34r:

Aseawolf ~ I'm sorry, but I've got to hit the buzzer on you here ...

Yep, ANNE was his 2nd wife.

He's got a 30-yr old daughter with first wife Iris...

Then dumped her for Anne (and changed the boat name)

Then dumped Anne after he went to France and met future 3rd wife Laurence in about year 2000.

I'm embarrassed to admit I even know this, but it's all from the SOM posts ... :ph34r:

You're right about Iris (not Lili) but I could swear he claims he named the boat after his mother and just mentioned that fact on her birthday earlier this month. But I had read much earlier about him naming the boat after his mom (of course, I might not have known about a wife Anne then).

You're right about Iris (not Lili) but I could swear he claims he named the boat after his mother and just mentioned that fact on her birthday earlier this month. But I had read much earlier about him naming the boat after his mom (of course, I might not have known about a wife Anne then).

Don't feel too confused. As with everything about Weid, complications arise out of his ever-present need to satiate his pride.

Of course, it wouldn't do to have his boat named for someone in his past that represented a failed relationship because, you know, in Weid's life, the only admitted failures are small, insignificant, "just something to chuckle about" type of failures -- enough to present his "human" side to his followers. Fortunately, for Weid, in this case, his mother also happens to bear the same name as his ex-wife, so he conveniently flip-flops on his story, now claiming that the boat was named for her -- with the added bonus of appearing to be the "warm and cozy", family values kind of guy. I would bet nearly anything that if Weid's mother's name was not Anne, then the boat would currently have a different name.

I find it interesting (and telling) that Weid rarely mentions the original name of the boat. When interviewed, he comes across as if the boat was named "Anne", "in honor of my mother" from the very start. He is obviously much more interested in spin and appearance than in accuracy.

Does anyone know, offhand, when the boat's name was actually changed from "Tantra Schooner" to "Anne"? I'm doing my own little personal investigation into things and a date on this might be helpful.

--

OGR

I find it interesting (and telling) that Weid rarely mentions the original name of the boat. When interviewed, he comes across as if the boat was named "Anne", "in honor of my mother" from the very start. He is obviously much more interested in spin and appearance than in accuracy.

It got even better... Dad has his nod in the story now, too. This from July 8:

"I thought of naming the schooner 'Mom and Dad', but decided 'Anne' after my mom would be more appropriate."

He works all the right buttons to cater to each audience. To an environmentally-oriented group, he spoke of his "Odyssey of the Sea Turtle" being undertaken to highlight endangered species, particularly the sea turtle. There's no mention of that at all in his YouTube description (for the New Age crowd): "...in a way it was a good thing for society, and the consciousness of mankind" and "it actually created a process of healing in those who looked at it because it carried them on a train of thought that put them in touch with ancient wisdom".

Smells, but apparently sells (in some places, at least)

He works all the right buttons to cater to each audience. To an environmentally-oriented group, he spoke of his "Odyssey of the Sea Turtle" being undertaken to highlight endangered species, particularly the sea turtle. There's no mention of that at all in his YouTube description (for the New Age crowd): "...in a way it was a good thing for society, and the consciousness of mankind" and "it actually created a process of healing in those who looked at it because it carried them on a train of thought that put them in touch with ancient wisdom".

Smells, but apparently sells (in some places, at least)

100th Monkey?

Seriously, what does it matter...

Exactly! And that's what this entire thread is about!

Everything is real and nothing matters...

Nothing is real and everything matters... (The Chink said that?)

When Weed and the Scow pull into port, any port, they're going to need some sort of documentation. If they decide to pull into NY, I expect a rather large effort from the SA community (SF, asea, etc) to have someone check their documentation. If in violation, Weed could have the means, through the media, to wage yet another Woe-is-Me campaign to draw attention to the poor, shunned, misunderstood artist. More Pay Pal donations, more revenue, political pressure, and BAM! he hits the lecture circuit.

Oh, shit, I think my hat fell off...

Never mind...

Exactly! And that's what this entire thread is about!

Everything is real and nothing matters...

Nothing is real and everything matters... (The Chink said that?)

This, like most everything in this thread, has been pondered before...

So far, IMO, this is the greatest answer. d'ranger responded to "what's this all about, anyway" with this:

"Dave Dave Dave, you just have to accept it for what it is - that there is less than meets the eye. Like watching golf you just have to get into the spirit of it. And unlike golf here we actually get to see the grass grow."

:lol:

I guess the guy deserves some credit for changing the name from "Tantra Schooner" to nearly anything. On second thought, no, as he gave it that name in the first place. And since when is it necessary to include the type of sailboat in your boat's name?

The catamaran was called Tantra, then the schooner. I mean for fucks sake, the whole Tantric sex thing ..... fuckin hippy. He's where he belongs. Probably leaps onto the yoga platform and uses his diaphragm to suck up his insides and turn his knob inside-out.

USC Title 22, Chapter II, § 454. Unlawful use of the American flag by vessel of foreign state

(a) It shall be unlawful for any vessel belonging to or operating under the jurisdiction of any foreign state to use the flag of the United States thereon, or to make use of any distinctive signs or markings, indicating that the same is an American vessel.

( B ) Any vessel violating the provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall be denied for a period of three months the right to enter the ports or territorial waters of the United States except in cases of force majeure.

Only 3 months... well Reid, come back with that US Ensign and I'm sure we can get someone in law enforcement to cite you.. and then it will be 1090 days at sea.. A Space Analogous violation of United States Code.

An excellent bit of research. Much appreciated!!

"TY-WRAPS, DUCT TAPE!! GET YOUR TY-WRAPS HERE!!!" C'mon people work with me... ;)

Mike Sr.

Are you serious? With all of the stuff that was not donated and that he could not get done, did you really expect that he would keep the registration current? Who is going to check it anyway since he is not going to pull into port?

Seriously, what does it matter if the boat is registered or not?

Well if Reid wants to prove to anyone (including US customs if/when he returns) that he is indeed the owner of the cheese scow Anne it'd be damned useful for him to have some documentation that shows him as the current owner.

Actually, I think I might have found another problem for Reid - if his boat lay abandoned somewhere in the Caribbean for more than 12 months it may well belong to the government of the island it was beached on, or possibly to the Crown Estate (which in practice means the UK government). Has anyone managed to find out where she was lying abandoned, and for how long? If we can get a location and reasonably accurate dates it might be worth a quick email to the receiver of wreck (or the appropriate part of the government of whatever island it's on), as they might wish to take some action to secure their 'asset'. :)

Well if Reid wants to prove to anyone (including US customs if/when he returns) that he is indeed the owner of the cheese scow Anne it'd be damned useful for him to have some documentation that shows him as the current owner.

Actually, I think I might have found another problem for Reid - if his boat lay abandoned somewhere in the Caribbean for more than 12 months it may well belong to the government of the island it was beached on, or possibly to the Crown Estate (which in practice means the UK government). Has anyone managed to find out where she was lying abandoned, and for how long? If we can get a location and reasonably accurate dates it might be worth a quick email to the receiver of wreck (or the appropriate part of the government of whatever island it's on), as they might wish to take some action to secure their 'asset'. :)

I seem to recall that it was in the lagoon on St. Martin (St. Maarten) and who knows which side of the border he was on in there. Typical Reid confusion.

Aren't we maybe getting past the idea of fun and comment with this kind of idea? I've ridiculed the "voyage" and continue to think they are homeless street preachers. But we're going full circle from the earlier ideas of worrying and sending a rescue boat or alerting SAR somewhere to now inviting and assisting a government in seizing their boat. That idea proceeds purely from meanness and is exactly what the 1000 days blogger accuses us all of. Why would you want to do that?

If it is registered in Anguilla it would have to be in the name of a company, as I don't think he fulfills any of the requirements that allow individuals to register boats there.

Cost of setting up a company is around $1500, yearly running costs around $750. Boat registration (good for 5 years) costs $372 + small yearly fee. Boat needs survey by approved organisation before it can be registered!!!! Would it have passed?

Here's a blog that might be prescient - the blog is "suicide Girls"

And there is a farily long column on our hero and heroine called "Sailing to Mars (Or Something Like It) SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 22 2007 8:00 AM Submitted by _DictionaryGirl_. Edited By erin_broadley.

post-19544-1199107677_thumb.jpg

http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/blog/page4/ (about half way down the page)

The latest from the former blog site. Interesting that it is "posted by Soanya Ahmad" and refers to her in the "more about me" section.

So Jessee - what happened? Ya'll got fired and the ancient mariner is taking over? He'll handle the web site directly?

skip to main | skip to sidebar 1000 Days at Sea

Sunday, December 30, 2007

1000 Days at Sea

For further updates - Please visit:

www.1000Days.net

Posted by Soanya Ahmad at 11:36 AM

Labels: "1000 Days at Sea"

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) Blog Archive

▼ 2007 (1)

▼ December (1)

1000 Days at Sea

About Me

Soanya Ahmad

View my complete profile

Didn't understand this yesterday but I see now what you mean. The blog is shut down with a link to the "official" website. I'm telling ya the blog master is a looney - open comments, close comments, post rant, remove rant - repeat monthly. Wonder how long it will take to re-open the blog. And the whole thing showing that Soanya did it is bizarro too.

I noticed the other day (or whenever it was) that Soanya said that they received all these emails.. blah blah blah....

Seems to me I remember somewhere way back saying that they could not receive emails.. I think the exploded head blog person said that. SO. can they or can't they get email?

On a very un PC note.. anyone seen those Citgo commercials with the 9 year old that has cancer? Is that Soaynas voice?

Bad, bad me.

Yikes!! Everybody put on aluminum hats and take your anti-BS meds before we're INFECTED here! I was rather drawn to the sky today.........I could almost see the blackness under the blue..............

I do that all the time don't you?

I mean take the lilies, oh look an ant....

what amuses me is the way she looks at him in that pic while he's pointing at the sky.... "Oh you are so wise and all knowing, how I adore you!"

How did I get sucked into this. I've resisted for this far..... *sigh*

Here's a blog that might be prescient - the blog is "suicide Girls"

And there is a farily long column on our hero and heroine called "Sailing to Mars (Or Something Like It) SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 22 2007 8:00 AM Submitted by _DictionaryGirl_. Edited By erin_broadley.

post-19544-1199107677_thumb.jpg

http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/blog/page4/ (about half way down the page)

That was one seriously idiotic blog entry.