Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

the first picture of Sayonara out of the cabin and off her chain in many a moon. Nice of Reid to drag the bod out and take a piccy. After dragging that out, Id be racing to the top of the mast to get away from the stench too. what is all the blue stuff in the cockpit: mould ?

Notice that the body doesnt have feet. They were removed a long time ago to prevent Sayonara from jumping over the side.

isnt it funny how within minutes of commenting that there had been no outside pictures of her, or posts for a long time, they put one up.

Hail to the god

post-23807-1199765739.gif

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

Well done - I was just telling someone that we were due...since we have...no post from Herbal and Essence for many many days.

Critical Educational Fair Use Parody

Parents of SA,

Please be advised some 50+ year old pervert kidnapped a 20-something year old girl, took her on

a one way trip to aqua hell, and is now taunting her parents will such statements as the following,

in a posting they refer to as "Day 260 Aerial View of Soanya", published Monday, January 7, 2008.

"From the mainmast spreaders, I look down at Soanya in the cockpit. She just finished cranking me..."

post-22653-1199764418.jpg

Further be advised that I am critical of such behavior, as demonstrated by this post and emoticon <_< ,

and believe it is the best educational interests of your daughter to avoid perverts such as this.

In closing, I find it pretty fucking hillarious the tdBF webmasters at this pervert's home office can

not bring themselves to post a photograph indicating whether the victim is, in fact, alive or dead.

Further information, drivel, Ansel Adams quality photographs, and requests for free money may

be found at tdBF's original, copywrited web site, 1000days.net

Sincerely,

CScow :)

Days of Weed Editorial Staff

Please consider contributions to 1000 Days Of Weed at these donation levels:

Squawk $15 | Seaman $49 | LTD $99 | Captain $100-499 | Admiral $1000 | CScow 401K Trustee $250,000 - $1,500,000

at least he didn't say squawk was the bird in the man! :o

That boat is looking really rough... About the only country that will let them enter will be Somolia.

Notice that the body doesnt have feet. They were removed a long time ago to prevent Sayonara from jumping over the side.

Remember the movie Boxing Helena? That may be what Weed has done with her.

boxinghe.jpg

Years ago i came upon a wreck on Royal island in the Bahamas. Haitian boat that missed the good old USA by about 150 miles.

The BDF had cleared the immigrants off the island, the only things left were scattered clothes, suitcases and the 50' wreck.

That wreck and the above pic are way too similar . Hope they know when to say uncle. v92

That boat is looking really rough... About the only country that will let them enter will be Somolia.

And from what I've read, Somalian pirates venture up to 100 miles offshore looking for prey. Might not give them much of a choice.

They appear, however, to be staying south. Weid must intend to go below Australia as I can't imagine that he might ever attain the permits necessary to transit the Indonesian islands. Thus, also avoiding the Indo pirate risk.

An anecdote I read recently on Indo pirates tells of them happening upon a mid 20s-foot sailboat with a single occupant. The guy had wild hair, yellowed and missing teeth and stunk to high heaven but was thrilled to make human contact with someone even though the pirates had boarded his boat with guns and were pushing him around. They found that none of his electronics worked and he didn't appear to have any food, so they took pity on him and gave him a working GPS and something to eat, then left him be. The guy never stopped smiling the whole time.

This could quite possibly be Weid in the future...

The $64,000 question is

Where the hell are Weid and Sayonara?

Anyone have any intelligent reason (or not) why we are not hearing from them...no equator to blame the signal loss on this time?

Perhaps me thinks Soyspreadherlegsandletthelittlebastardbeborn may have been experiencing premature/false “labour pains” and Gazelle boy was curled up in a corner in a foetal position hoping it would just all go away,

Can anyone see from that last photo whether Soanya looks a little “swollen” around the belly? (Assuming that the photo is actually recent) It should be just about time for their “mistakes” with the “protection” to all “hang out” now?

Hey VBman - did you get your xmas present? Haven't herd from you in awhile.

Yes I did thank you, also it was my birthday the other day :P

So thats the end of the holidays ;)

And whats with all the stuff on the deck of the Anne... I'm supprised it hasn't been washed off.

That's assumming they are were they say they are?

Tinfoil hat time!

Can anyone see from that last photo whether Soanya looks a little “swollen” around the belly?

All I can do is quote (but not think about) what they said in the blog:

Reid & Soanya Answer Some of Your Questions from Blog Comments

Q. And did you have to take precautions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy while you're away?

A. Yes. We're very careful about that and are using two forms of birth control. It's just one more thing that we have to be aware of and take preventative action against.

All I can do is quote (but not think about) what they said in the blog:

Reid & Soanya Answer Some of Your Questions from Blog Comments

Q. And did you have to take precautions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy while you're away?

A. Yes. We're very careful about that and are using two forms of birth control. It's just one more thing that we have to be aware of and take preventative action against.

Number one method "Reedy says that he never "goes" inside me" = no pregnancy

Number two method "Reed always keeps his fingers crossed" = no pregnancy

Are "critical" and "critique" sorta the same? I'd say the boat looks no worse than it did on Day 165

Allrighty JPlanet...

Someone here is violating copyright laws...

The photo of the deck has been modified to remove the dead body laying across the cockpit...

Clearly a violation!

Where is Convoluted asshat when we need him?

That is so cool! So who lives in Albany?

How do I find out the names of officers and directors of a corporation?

This information is not maintained by The Department of State. We can, however, provide the service of process address and the registered agent's name and address, if designated. Other information, such as the names and addresses of the incorporator and filer, may be obtained at no charge through examination of documents in person at our Albany office. Since this information is not available on our computer system, customers can be provided with a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation (or any other document filed by a corporation), which includes the incorporator's name, and address, and the name and address of the Filer. A plain copy of the document is $5, and a certified copy is $10. Fees should be made payable to the "Department of State."

For $5, SA'ers could have their own copy of 1000 days non-stop at sea, ltd's Certificate of Incorporation!!! How cool would that be :)

More cool stuff:

Are There Any Special Responsibilities Associated With Forming a Not-for-Profit Corporation?

The existence of the corporation begins upon the filing of the Certificate of Incorporation with the Department of State. After the corporate existence has begun, an organization meeting of the initial directors designated in the Certificate of Incorporation must be held for the purpose of adopting by-laws, electing directors and the transaction of any other business. (See Section 405 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.)

The corporation is required to keep correct and complete books and records of account and must keep minutes of the proceedings of its members, board of directors and executive committee, if any. The corporation must also keep a record containing the names and addresses of all members, the number of capital certificates held by each member and the dates when they respectively became the owners of record thereof. (See Section 621 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.)

In addition, a meeting of members must be held annually for the election of directors and the transaction of other business on a date fixed by or under the by-laws. (See Section 603 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.)

Reid must not be on the board of directors, as, he might be a little late to the annual meeting. Good work BWW!

I can't believe that todays photo and the photo from day 165 weren't taken within a few minutes of each other,

probably in the photo used today the runner had been moved forward whilst doing some maintenance work.

If they were going east in a southeaster which was blowing at 20 knots why wasn't the runner on in todays photo and if the cheese scow was doing 4 knots where is the wake? let alone any sign of a breeze on the windward side.

briar

Can anyone see from that last photo whether Soanya looks a little “swollen” around the belly? (Assuming that the photo is actually recent) It should be just about time for their “mistakes” with the “protection” to all “hang out” now?

the conspiracy theory is that malnutrition will also cause bloating of the stomach and help stop pregnancy but the more cynical / morbid might also say

that bloating is also a side effect of death which can't be true because its not a genuine photo anyway

The magnitude and the isolation of the environment is totally all-absorbing and demands timely right action.

It's feed the body, rest, react, live with it and learn to love it. There's still a long way to go.

So, Mr. Weed Blogmeister(s)...

How does "totally all-absorbing" differ from "all-absorbing"?

Enough, ValleyGirls!! Just say "Weed" or "spare mattress". We'll understand.

And WTF constitutes "timely right action"?

Skipping town before returning a video rental to Blockbuster?

And what are those last two sentences supposed to mean?

A subtle reminder to Soysauce that she is defenseless...had better put out on demand... and otherwise STFU?

A soothing message to her parents....clarifying their hostage daughter will "learn to love it"?

Or admission that Weed, after 6000 years of documented experience, needs to "learn to love it" for the first time?

Seriously, MC Blogmeister(s)...

You may be "new", but you are quickly proving to be as ignorant as the old.

Half the world is laughing at you. The other half is laughing at you while figuring out how to save the girl.

Between the two, it should dawn on you that both you and your cute new-age scam are pretty much fucked.

And yes, by all means. You have my permission to use the prior two copyrighted lines in your promotional materials.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Your first post on SA, and on this thread, and that's the best you could come up with?

Pathetic.

You know, jealousy is really unbecoming.

Now to ignore you and hope you crawl back under the floating reefe from which you came, with the rest of your Hovian friends.

I almost posted that I expected them to be out of service for a longer than normal time when MC announced that there were missing emails. I didn't want to start another conspiracy, but I got the impression they were setting us up for a period of no contact.

Sorry, no conspiracy. I rang MetOceans. They had a big snowstorm that caused a power outage and, when that happens, the system goes into "storm mode" and not all data is recorded. At first they assumed MET 595 "silence" was down to that, but as all other units are back up they are now looking for a fault.

As of yesterday, they hadn't been able to contact the unit, but have been informed (not directly) that it is still storing messages, so is working. They are now trying to ascertain whether the antenna is still up and all connections are good.

Sorry, no conspiracy. I rang MetOceans. They had a big snowstorm that caused a power outage and, when that happens, the system goes into "storm mode" and not all data is recorded. At first they assumed MET 595 "silence" was down to that, but as all other units are back up they are now looking for a fault.

As of yesterday, they hadn't been able to contact the unit, but have been informed (not directly) that it is still storing messages, so is working. They are now trying to ascertain whether the antenna is still up and all connections are good.

Big snow storm? Where? They are right across the harbour from me and it's a beautiful (but foggy) morning here, temperatures above 0. We haven't had a snow storm in over a week. And there certainly haven't been any power outages in the area.

I know they had issues last time we had a big storm and power issues. But there has been no major weather here for over a week. Now, I do know that they also have offices...but if they are tracking MET 595 out of somewhere in the states, why would it have gone down before.

Following up on yesterday's questions, a little research with the New York Secretary of State (http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry) confirms that Weid, Soy Sauce and their floating petrie dish are a valid NY Not for Profit corp. See attached. Probably got the attorneys who prepared the paperwork to donate their time pro bono. I'll take a look at the annual statements they are required to file tomorrow to see if there is anything noteworthy.

Good work Bow Wow Wow!

Next is the issue of the 501c(3) tax status. I agree with Regatta Dog that it's unlikely this was filed, because then we wouldn't have the opportunity to donate toward "Reid Debt".

But... how many 1000 Day benefactors were led to believe their donation's value could be parlayed into a charitable tax write-off? None? That's good. One or more? That's fraud.

Here are statements made by "som" (one-time 1000 Day project manager, crew member, and former girlfriend):

Post #880 "He has not paid taxes let alone pay taxes on any of the donations. The people who will be hurt are those who automatically think that this is true because he leads them on to think this"

Post #1013 "Companies donate to take a tax write off. If there is no 501c(3), no one is paying taxes on the donation the write off becomes fraud"

Big snow storm? Where? They are right across the harbour from me and it's a beautiful (but foggy) morning here, temperatures above 0. We haven't had a snow storm in over a week. And there certainly haven't been any power outages in the area.

I know they had issues last time we had a big storm and power issues. But there has been no major weather here for over a week. Now, I do know that they also have offices...but if they are tracking MET 595 out of somewhere in the states, why would it have gone down before.

Snow storm was last week.

Sorry, but I love the sweater pic. I'll volunteer for the nautigirl pink sweater reclaimation project to assist in aquision of onother appropriate sweater. Life is too short otherwise...

I will accept donations of any hot pink sweaters you care to send me, and happy to create a mind-numbingly boring blog and post pictures of myself in such sweater. (Weed is wearing off on me)

No offense, wolfie, but this is not fishy at all, just another normal day for these characters! When someone notices that their bullshit is actually bullshit, they quickly wipe it up and retreat a step or two -- and then they hope the noticers-of-bullshit will lose interest and they don't have to retreat any more.

How many times has it happened that we've made note of something here in this thread, then suddenly, it's fixed or changed or whatever on the blog and now the main site.

Keep digging, everyone...

--

OGR

Good point OGR - seems to happen all the time, and we're not collecting a consulting fee so I guess SA has stepped up to provide editorial services.

In that spirit, I'd like to inform MC that the last post contains two very gross errors:

I always use two or three safety lines and be very cautious. I try to choose the calmest times to up the masts .....

The first sentence, while sensitive to those supporters who prefer Ebonics, is just plain wrong. In the second sentence, Reid appears to have omitted the word "go". Either that or he typed "masts" where he meant to type "ass" (most likely of the two).

The fourth grade, ESL version of what it appears he is trying to write would be:

"I always use two or three safety lines and am very cautious. I try to choose the calmest times to go up the masts ....."*

Unfortunately, they cannot legally change it to proper grammar without repercussions, as I have Copyrighted the correct version. Reid advises others to "be" cautious, whereas I "am" cautious myself. Reid suggests raising the masts themselves, whereas I refer to my own ascent. The two quotes have completely different meanings. My two lines fall within the scope of fair use as they are clearly a parody poking fun at illiteracy.

RD be comfortable no MC lawyer be bustin a cap on his ass, FO SHO! ;)

* Copyright 2008, Regatta Dog and Sailing Anarchy, all rights reserved.

You can PM me with your size, NG and I will keep it confidential. I would love to do my part to protect those lovely puppets through a Canadian winter.

Puppets? I thought they were referred to (among about 1000 other names) as 'puppies,' which would have you salivating even more, RD! :P

Good point OGR - seems to happen all the time, and we're not collecting a consulting fee so I guess SA has stepped up to provide editorial services.

In that spirit, I'd like to inform MC that the last post contains two very gross errors:

The first sentence, while sensitive to those supporters who prefer Ebonics, is just plain wrong. In the second sentence, Reid appears to have omitted the word "go". Either that or he typed "masts" where he meant to type "ass" (most likely of the two).

The fourth grade, ESL version of what it appears he is trying to write would be:

"I always use two or three safety lines and am very cautious. I try to choose the calmest times to go up the masts ....."*

Unfortunately, they cannot legally change it to proper grammar without repercussions, as I have Copyrighted the correct version. Reid advises others to "be" cautious, whereas I "am" cautious myself. Reid suggests raising the masts themselves, whereas I refer to my own ascent. The two quotes have completely different meanings. My two lines fall within the scope of fair use as they are clearly a parody poking fun at illiteracy.

RD be comfortable no MC lawyer be bustin a cap on his ass, FO SHO! ;)

* Copyright 2008, Regatta Dog and Sailing Anarchy, all rights reserved.

That is friggin' brilliant! :D ...and hilarious!

Just thinking, how are the mattress baggywrinkles hanging in there, time for replacement yet?

Just thinking, how are the mattress baggywrinkles hanging in there, time for replacement yet?

Nice work BWW. I know that the paperwork to become a 501C3 with the feds is daunting, and the annual reporting is no picnic either (having looked at it as an option for a paper club and decided it wasn't worht the headache). My guess is that they had someone with experience do their paperwork early on and then let it lapse either through laziness or because they realized that "Reid's Debt" would disqualify them.

I don't see anything saying that donations are tax deductible on their website now, but who knows what they said to potential donors early on.

That the wheels are still on this bus shore-side is certainly an achievement worth note.

Well, not quite yet, I guess...

------------------------------------

post-19371-1199764081_thumb.jpg

Day 260 Aerial View of Soanya

Monday, 07 January 2008

Wind E 20 knots, Course SSE, Speed 4 knots, Position: 41' 01'' S, 58' 47'' E

From the mainmast spreaders, I look down at Soanya in the cockpit. She just finished cranking me up with the electrical winch. The winch saves me a lot of work climbing and I'm always well attached to the boat. I always use two or three safety lines and be very cautious. I try to choose the calmest times to up the masts and so far I haven't had to do an emergency climb in rough weather. I examine all the lines, pulleys, the gaff jaws and the various chafing gear. The masts are our bones, the lines our tendons, and the sails our wings. It is as if we fly. I'm the man in the bird that makes the adjustments and tries to keep everything working as it should.

The weather is a dominant feature in our lives and we adapt to it as it comes. The weather sure changes a lot down here, both in direction and force so that it becomes a lot of work to keep the schooner headed east. We have windy weather. It becomes a gale. The sails are reefed and taken down. The wind lightens up and we roll around. I try to sail east. Then the sun or the stars come out and we have beautiful weather. This is how the weather has been repeating itself and very little else in the world matters out here. The magnitude and the isolation of the environment is totally all-absorbing and demands timely right action. It's feed the body, rest, react, live with it and learn to love it. There's still a long way to go.

------------------------------------

Weid, I think you mean a long time to go...

Does the ASPCA know about this? Soanya not putting out?

Following up on yesterday's questions, a little research with the New York Secretary of State (http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry) confirms that Weid, Soy Sauce and their floating petrie dish are a valid NY Not for Profit corp. See attached. Probably got the attorneys who prepared the paperwork to donate their time pro bono. I'll take a look at the annual statements they are required to file tomorrow to see if there is anything noteworthy.

Nice find BWW

Now, lets take it a step further -

All 501( c )3 not for profit organizations are required to make available to the public IRS form 990, which details income and expense for the year, details salaries paid to executive's officers of the corporation, use of funds, etc, etc -

They are required to file it if they bring in more than a certain amount of money and it MUST be made available to the public -

I just checked the website www.guidestar.org, which publishes over 1.7 million 990's - And Wedi & Ho's Cheeze Charity are not listed. Now, they could be below the fund raising threshold necessary to file, or someone may not have stepped up to file it.

Since this not for profit has been around for over 10 years and is still considered an active non profit, they may have not bothered to file, or they may have filed and guidestar.org does not have a copy.

Perhaps a call to the IRS or to the DOS process (Kimerling, Margulies and Wisdom, LTD) would get us a copy? It is a public document, and must be provided if one were to ask...

You can't make this shit up~

Donations to 1000 Days are considered gifts to Reid. How does this all fit in with the not for profit status of the legal entity involved in this circus?

Are they gifts?

Or has the 1KDaze train wreck made statements to some folks thatdonations go to the not for profit? Keeping the corporate entity alive within the IRS and NY DOC takes time and money, they would not keep it alive if it did not provide some benefit...

Chasing down the papertrail may open more doors into the scam, and it will keep the folks at MC busy figuring out how to deal with the inquiries that will no doubt come in from multiple folks

Are they gifts?

Or has the 1KDaze train wreck made statements to some folks thatdonations go to the not for profit? Keeping the corporate entity alive within the IRS and NY DOC takes time and money, they would not keep it alive if it did not provide some benefit...

Chasing down the papertrail may open more doors into the scam, and it will keep the folks at MC busy figuring out how to deal with the inquiries that will no doubt come in from multiple folks

Yes according to them they are gifts. What is the point of the not for profit if donations are gifts to Reid? This is electronic panhandling really so I don't understand why the legal entity. And if in his wildest dreams birdman thinks he's going to see some money out of the thing (book, movie, lecture circuit), the not for profit company doesn't fit. I just wonder why they have a company set up at all - unless it was for corporate donations as some sort of tax dodge. Excuse me for being somewhat ignorant of US tax laws - I'm a Canadian. I am finding this all very interesting though and look forward to hearing what else turns up as the SA diggers unearth more facts.

NOW I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR NAWTYGURL. NO WONDER HER OLD YOUNG STUD MUSTA LEFT HER AND NOW SHE'S GOT ENUFF TIME TO BE WASTING ON THIS UNHOLY PIECE OF CRAP EXERCISE IN SHEER STUPIDITY.

Blah blah blah

i donate the lot of yew ahole pricks to that ship to go out to sea and not come back

instead of showing off your timidity and stupidity here for all to see

not that i'm angry

i am just

disappointed that sailors anywhere could be this friggin dumb

So here we have the upright analog of the piece of shit drifting at sea. A pervert in the seagoing pos and a pervert wannabe at "mission control." You've been here in so many disguises it's disgusting. You lurk and leap and giggle and hide. You ooze out of your hidey hole to make stupid utterances like this one about Nautigirl that are simply putrid. That's the way it is with perverts though - you con and cajole and get your ass - right, you miserable pos? You took a girl who has no sense of herself, saw she was ripe for picking, put her on a leaking, used up old tub you refer to as a "schooner" and captured her. You and the rest of your perverted crowd captured the girl, sentenced her to three years to life in prison with a perverted old pretender and then you walk in here to say bullshit. It matters not even a little what happens to him - he's had it coming all his life. But to capture that girl is criminal. Don't think anyone with any sense will ever think you or your perverted acolytes are saying anything worth considering when you talk about the bag of shit Stowe as a "sailor" or anything other than a homeless piece of shit who is exactly where he should be - a thousand miles from any human being other than the one he and you captured. He's not the ancient mariner - he's a self-condemned loser who has no more sense than to drift aimlessly without purpose of any kind out of the sight of thinking humans until he finally dries up, falls over and sinks to the bottom. Without notice.

I think the key here is that "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" became a tax exempt corporation when they filed in 1997. Another point is that "tax exempt" means that you pay no taxes, and not necessarily that donations to your LLC are tax deductible.

The key questions here, IMHO, are:

Did donations to "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" qualify as deductions for the donors?

If not, did "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" mislead donors that they were tax deductible?

When did "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" lose their tax status (for whatever reason) and did they continue to collect money as if their status hadn't changed?

1000days.net, 1000 days at sea, Reid Stowe and 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea appear to each be a separate entity. Is there a formal connection between any/all of them? Have they used the status of one entity as a front for another? By having "gifts" deposited into Reid's checking account, it appears that 1000days.net is simply a personal income generator for Reid Stowe. 1000days.net donors can click on "Read More" and find the following description of where there "gifts" go:

Contributions would go directly into Reid Stowe's bank account or PayPal account. This can be a flexible arrangement on a case by case basis: funding monthly, quarterly, or onetime on a yearly basis. If members choose to continue year 2 and year 3 all the better! Funds go to Satellite communications, Boat registration, Reid debt and general operations costs: webhosting, phone, weather reports, email services.

So from this, i think we can conclude that 1000days.net and 1000 days at sea, are nothing more than aliases of Reid Stowe.

Aside from "Reid debt" the rest of those items can't cost all that much, especially since the vast majority of those services have probably been donated.

I know that the folks from 1000 days are going to read this and try to fix it, but I think it is too late for that. Any official change in any of this would probably require Reid's signature. It would also require submitting paperwork to the appropriate agencies which would be public information and dated over 250 days after the boat left.

I have a very close friend (fellow crew member for the past 5 years) who is a top level attorney who's specialty is 501c3 corporations. I'll run some of this by him and get back with his opinion. A note to the Attorney General in NY would probably not be far behind.

If I donated $1,000 to support this "voyage" and found out it went to support a deadbeat dad's child instead, I'd be more than a bit upset.

It looks like KM&W, Ltd. is now known as K&W, LLC (see, http://kwllc.us/OurFirm.html). They are a CPA firm and according to the NY Secretary of State are authorized to accept service of process on behalf of the corp. I would not be surprised if they prepare year end financials for the Hovians but would be surprised if they made them available to one of us.

IRS Form 990 is required to be filed annually by all not for profit's

It is also a public document - One just has to ask for it and they are required to provide it to us

I think the key here is that "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" became a tax exempt corporation when they filed in 1997. Another point is that "tax exempt" means that you pay no taxes, and not necessarily that donations to your LLC are tax deductible.

The key questions here, IMHO, are:

Did donations to "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" qualify as deductions for the donors?

If not, did "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" mislead donors that they were tax deductible?

When did "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea" lose their tax status (for whatever reason) and did they continue to collect money as if their status hadn't changed?

1000days.net, 1000 days at sea, Reid Stowe and 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea appear to each be a separate entity. Is there a formal connection between any/all of them? Have they used the status of one entity as a front for another? By having "gifts" deposited into Reid's checking account, it appears that 1000days.net is simply a personal income generator for Reid Stowe. 1000days.net donors can click on "Read More" and find the following description of where there "gifts" go:

So from this, i think we can conclude that 1000days.net and 1000 days at sea, are nothing more than aliases of Reid Stowe.

Aside from "Reid debt" the rest of those items can't cost all that much, especially since the vast majority of those services have probably been donated.

I know that the folks from 1000 days are going to read this and try to fix it, but I think it is too late for that. Any official change in any of this would probably require Reid's signature. It would also require submitting paperwork to the appropriate agencies which would be public information and dated over 250 days after the boat left.

I have a very close friend (fellow crew member for the past 5 years) who is a top level attorney who's specialty is 501c3 corporations. I'll run some of this by him and get back with his opinion. A note to the Attorney General in NY would probably not be far behind.

If I donated $1,000 to support this "voyage" and found out it went to support a deadbeat dad's child instead, I'd be more than a bit upset.

Money donated goes directly to Reid. It's not a donation to an organization, it's a "gift" to Reid Stowe. This is panhandling via the internet. I cannot believe that people would contribute to this "mission" at all but for the gullible, to have your money go to pay Reid's debt is outrageous. And what does the 501c3 corporation have to do with this. Something stinks and it'll be interesting to see what your friend thinks of this set up.

And the boat registration bit - registration where? Anguilla - doubt it! Just trying to add a few things to the spiel to make it sound legit.

IRS Form 990 is required to be filed annually by all not for profit's

It is also a public document - One just has to ask for it and they are required to provide it to us

Not exactly true. Large 501[c][3]'s file Form 990. The Form 990ez is filed by non profits with revenue between $10k and $100k, and for small organizations with less than $10k in revenue, a Form 990 is not required. For orgs that must file the form, it is generally due by the 15th of May for the previous year. This schedule causes most of the financial info posted online to be more than a year old, often 2 depending on when data is collected by the reporting orgs.

According to paypal, donations go to: 1000 days Non-Stop at Sea

1000 Days Non Stop at Sea, POBox 953, JAF Station, NY, NY 10116.

Andek Corporation is very proud to sponsor Captain Reid Stowe's Mars Ocean Odyssey

Coffe Bean International is proud to provide it's flagship brand of coffee, Panache®, for the 1000 Days Voyage

Harken provided the 1000 Days team

Great! Software Inc is proud to sponser Reid and the 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea Expedition Team

Preferred Communications is the vendor of Stratos/Iridium service minutes that enable 1000days phone conversations

METOCEAN has donated two full MetTrac suites and all satellite data transmissions to the 1000 Days at Sea project

About 1000daysnonstop@gmail.com:

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.

Seller Reputation: (18) Verified Buyers

Account Status: Verified

Account Type: US Premier

Account Creation Date: Oct. 20, 2005

PayPal Member For: 2 years 2 months 18 days

* Member accepts all payments

Many names for the same train wreck

Not exactly true. Large 501[c][3]'s file Form 990. The Form 990ez is filed by non profits with revenue between $10k and $100k, and for small organizations with less than $10k in revenue, a Form 990 is not required. For orgs that must file the form, it is generally due by the 15th of May for the previous year. This schedule causes most of the financial info posted online to be more than a year old, often 2 depending on when data is collected by the reporting orgs.

In any event, the 990 or 990ez is public info and available for the asking -

The point here is to figure out if Weid is playing fast/loose with both the spirit and letter of the law regarding 501©3's

According to paypal, donations go to: 1000 days Non-Stop at Sea

1000 Days Non Stop at Sea, POBox 953, JAF Station, NY, NY 10116.

Andek Corporation is very proud to sponsor Captain Reid Stowe's Mars Ocean Odyssey

Coffe Bean International is proud to provide it's flagship brand of coffee, Panache®, for the 1000 Days Voyage

Harken provided the 1000 Days team

Great! Software Inc is proud to sponser Reid and the 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea Expedition Team

Preferred Communications is the vendor of Stratos/Iridium service minutes that enable 1000days phone conversations

METOCEAN has donated two full MetTrac suites and all satellite data transmissions to the 1000 Days at Sea project

About 1000daysnonstop@gmail.com:

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of this member.

Seller Reputation: (18) Verified Buyers

Account Status: Verified

Account Type: US Premier

Account Creation Date: Oct. 20, 2005

PayPal Member For: 2 years 2 months 18 days

* Member accepts all payments

Many names for the same train wreck

Yes, many names but if you make a "donation" you have two payment options - PayPal or by personal cheque (sorry I'm Canadian :rolleyes: ) to Reid Stowe. Wonder whose bank account is attached to the PayPal account? The corporation's or Reid's? Generally though, this really begs the question, what the heck is the non profit corporation for? If any money filters through it at all it cannot go to Reid according to the IRS. Did some fool set this up believing that Reid's voyage had an educational component? Or is this some kind of scam to avoid paying taxes or to give tax credits to corporate contributors?

Another thought .... has this account only received 18 donations? Not too good I'd say!

Yes, many names but if you make a "donation" you have two payment options - PayPal or by personal cheque (sorry I'm Canadian :rolleyes: ) to Reid Stowe. Wonder whose bank account is attached to the PayPal account? The corporation's or Reid's? Generally though, this really begs the question, what the heck is the non profit corporation for? If any money filters through it at all it cannot go to Reid according to the IRS. Did some fool set this up believing that Reid's voyage had an educational component? Or is this some kind of scam to avoid paying taxes or to give tax credits to corporate contributors?

Slippery use of language, but saying "donation" or "contribution" may imply "tax deductibility" in a person's mind, but that's the reader's problem, not the writer's...caveat emptor

While Stowe has cleverly included links on his site for giving to genuine worthy causes, I'm not aware of an instance where he has claimed either his worthiness as a public charity, or the tax deductibility of any "gifts" flung his way.

Note, in all instances a charity has to have a physical location that J.Q. Public can visit by appt to look at certain organizational documents available for public review. Furthermore, in order to apply for and receive recognition as a 501[c][3], an organization must first incorporate and file articles of incorporation with the state (which state is a good question). This is a particularly important document because it must contain language prescribed by the IRS for the distribution of assets if/when the org is dissolved. Lastly, another document requirement is the organization's bylaws.

All this stuff leaves a trail that is very easy to follow at the local/state level. The first thing to seach for is the business name under which the organization operates. Find this and several other pieces of info will be included in the public record. For example, here in Oregon when you search the Oregon Sec of State corporations division for a name, once you find it, you also get info on whether the business is current on filings, how it's been organized and if it is incorporated with articles of incorporation of file, and who the responsible official is (name address phone#) if there are questions.

PS: I forgot to add, ALL 501[c][3]'s must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN) regardless whether or not the org has paid employees or is 100% volunteer driven.

Another thought .... has this account only received 18 donations? Not too good I'd say!

Wow! You guys did some serious sleuthing today!

As for Paypal showing 18 verified buyers... there could still be thousands of unverified contributors. Last I knew, you could use Paypal for up to $2,000 in total transactions. After that, you must become "verified" (which means coughing up your checking account info so they can bombard you with offers for online banking services, etc). Can't find it right now, but in the pre-voyage writings it was mentioned that R&S were using Ebay... where Paypal is commonly the conduit for payments.

You're all forgetting the fact that when Reid set up this not-for-profit corp stuff he did have a legal address: Pier 63, NYC, NY. And he probably had to file some type of paperwork because he was collecting/begging money right on the pier and he charged people money for tours of the boat, as well as charged people to take a one-hour cruise up the Hudson. In order to avoid taxes, he set up a tax-exempt corporation.

Now, the question is what does he need money for now? The phone is free, the satelllite services are free, I bet the website was set up for free (by his fellow artist/dancer Fred), the boat is not registered or insured, all his hovians helpers are volunteers who believe in the mission and in Reid and in his honesty, integrity, blah, blah, blah, suckers, blah, unless he's picking up supplies that are tied up in a net and suspended below buoy 61356 (random number) what's he got to spend money on? And didn't someone come up with a figure of over $170,000 in donations/supplies that he had received? Of course, he's been begging for a lot of years but none of that makes this 100% kosher IMHO. He's going to come back to a nice big fat bank account. Since he owes a lot of back child support, can't his bank account be seized?

Reid has never cared about "the law." Marijuana smuggler who probably ratted out others to avoid jail time, charging people for boat rides on an uninsured, unregistered and unlicensed captained boat, owes thousands in child support, fled the Caribbean (and probably the law), stole his boat back from the islands, etc., etc. You think he cares about laws? But his old man must cringe at his sons antics!

Slippery use of language, but saying "donation" or "contribution" may imply "tax deductibility" in a person's mind, but that's the reader's problem, not the writer's...caveat emptor

While Stowe has cleverly included links on his site for giving to genuine worthy causes, I'm not aware of an instance where he has claimed either his worthiness as a public charity, or the tax deductibility of any "gifts" flung his way.

Note, in all instances a charity has to have a physical location that J.Q. Public can visit by appt to look at certain organizational documents available for public review. Furthermore, in order to apply for and receive recognition as a 501[c][3], an organization must first incorporate and file articles of incorporation with the state (which state is a good question). This is a particularly important document because it must contain language prescribed by the IRS for the distribution of assets if/when the org is dissolved. Lastly, another document requirement is the organization's bylaws.

All this stuff leaves a trail that is very easy to follow at the local/state level. The first thing to seach for is the business name under which the organization operates. Find this and several other pieces of info will be included in the public record. For example, here in Oregon when you search the Oregon Sec of State corporations division for a name, once you find it, you also get info on whether the business is current on filings, how it's been organized and if it is incorporated with articles of incorporation of file, and who the responsible official is (name address phone#) if there are questions.

PS: I forgot to add, ALL 501[c][3]'s must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN) regardless whether or not the org has paid employees or is 100% volunteer driven.

Pretty well stated, with some additions:

The N.P. Corp has to have a recognized charitable purpose and has to have UN-PAID corporate officers who regularly meet and direct the charitable functions and manage the assets (and keep records). The money CAN go to Weed IF he is an employee of the 501c3. The $ CANNOT go to any officers of the N.P. Corp.

IF the $ is going to Weed, it better be as an employee, and the 501c3 BETTER be paying SS and withholding and all that stuff, or there WILL be hell to pay.

The IRS first approves a 502c# based on the articles and by-laws, then conducts an audit about 2-3 years into the N.P.s operation to judge compliance. Its both a financial and a program audit. So there better be some useful educational stuff on that blog or they are toast. Pointing to the sky doesn't count. Not bringing a bird book or a thermometer would be a couple of strikes.

I've chartered and run NP's and it is not an easy path. The 10Kdaze would probably qualify on paper at the outset. It is likely a true basket case at this point. Glad I'm not on the board.

Hi BTS,

1000 Days Non-stop at Sea, Ltd. is an active domestic not for profit corporation in New York State. See, http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index...t&p=1488939

Unfortunately NYS does not provide on-line access to articles of incorporation as many other states do. None of their financials are available on the NY Attorney General's web site. FWIW, my research indicates that they are not incorporated in any other state, at least under the same name.

Maybe these burnouts went so far as to get a 501[c][3] temporary letter after they first incorporated but then let it lapse and have "forgotten" to update their corporate status with New York - kind of convenient when it comes time to file tax returns!?

I didn't mean you could access the AofI's online, but you should be able to ascertain (1) if the business name is registered with the state, (2) if registered, whether or not the business is operating and all filings are current, and (3) if the business is organized as a corporation where it is located and who is the designated official to receive mail and calls.

It is possible in some states for an organization to identify itself as a nonprofit, but doing so does not mean [a] they are tax exempt, and they are recognized as a nonprofit by the IRS under section 501[c][3] in the code. To achieve the latter recognition as a public charity, what is required is (1) and EIN, and (2) incorporation as previously stated.

vhtgu ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;hdfgggggg

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

ob vhuuuuufbbbbbbhnuo vbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzh

i looo nff bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfpsnn fszbn fs

dvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnvllllllllllfjjjjjjjjjjjvuuuuuuoj nblxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdv

h bnsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fffffffb lnsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnb

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

obnssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssc

nbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffsssngddddddddddd

Pretty well stated, with some additions:

The N.P. Corp has to have a recognized charitable purpose and has to have UN-PAID corporate officers who regularly meet and direct the charitable functions and manage the assets (and keep records). The money CAN go to Weed IF he is an employee of the 501c3. The $ CANNOT go to any officers of the N.P. Corp.

IF the $ is going to Weed, it better be as an employee, and the 501c3 BETTER be paying SS and withholding and all that stuff, or there WILL be hell to pay.

The IRS first approves a 502c# based on the articles and by-laws, then conducts an audit about 2-3 years into the N.P.s operation to judge compliance. Its both a financial and a program audit. So there better be some useful educational stuff on that blog or they are toast. Pointing to the sky doesn't count. Not bringing a bird book or a thermometer would be a couple of strikes.

I've chartered and run NP's and it is not an easy path. The 10Kdaze would probably qualify on paper at the outset. It is likely a true basket case at this point. Glad I'm not on the board.

Correct with respect to the role and relationship of the board. The info you stated is the boilerplate in the bylaws required by the IRS. With respect to the IRS doing an audit...that's a little misleading. When organizations fill out the Form 1023 for recognition as a public charity the request can be made for provisional or permanent recognition. The former involves a review after a period of time determined by the IRS (usually 2 or 3 years). Permanent recognition simply requires the annual filing of 990's that properly reflect the operations of a qualified 501[c][3]. With respect to funds flowing to Stowe, such monies could be transferred in some form that is not considered salary. But to play such games is playing with real fire if the whistle is blown. Stowe could be a contract service provider delivering educational programming and content...that would require the org to file 1099's in stead of w2's. Another approach would be for all the monies to go to the maintenance and upkeep of the classroom/program platform (aka SchoonerAnne), which gets reflected as pure expense on the financials.

For anyone REALLY interested in all this stuff, here IRS Form 1023 and the Instructions for filing out and filling the thing.

IRS_Form1023Instruction.pdf

IRS_NPOAppForm1023.pdf

OK, so I'm not a sailor and don't know much about boats but didn't weed just re-varnish the deck six weeks ago? So how come in the "new" pic the deck looks like it hasn't been maintained in years? In fact it looks much worse than the pics from earlier in the trip.

Joe

Anyone notice the deafening silence from the hovains? Whenever we unearth something that Reid has done wrong they remain very quiet in the hopes that we will go away. They have never corrected anywhere our comments/claims that the boat is not registered or insured and they have never stepped up about this non-profit issue, which has been discussed in length a couple months back and on more than one occasion

Reid and Sayonara are due on the air with the Hayden Planetarium in less than an hour...wonder if it will happen. <_<

Anyone notice the deafening silence from the hovains? Whenever we unearth something that Reid has done wrong they remain very quiet in the hopes that we will go away. They have never corrected anywhere our comments/claims that the boat is not registered or insured and they have never stepped up about this non-profit issue, which has been discussed in length a couple months back and on more than one occasion

Reid and Sayonara are due on the air with the Hayden Planetarium in less than an hour...wonder if it will happen. <_<

I don't think they remain quiet in hopes we will go away -- I think they are busy scrambling to fix whatever we point out -- and since there are only a few of them they can only do one thing at a time -- fix the latest issue or post here. Consider the whole copyright issue. We bring it up, we hear nothing from the Hovians for a few days, and then all of a sudden, there is nomenclature on the web site addressing copyright issues. We are pointing out the gaping wounds, they are scrambling to find and apply the band-aids.

Please, please, please, tell me an Anarchist is going tonight. I need something to amuse me at work tomorrow!!

OK, so I'm not a sailor and don't know much about boats but didn't weed just re-varnish the deck six weeks ago? So how come in the "new" pic the deck looks like it hasn't been maintained in years? In fact it looks much worse than the pics from earlier in the trip.

Joe

Of course it looks worse than before he "varnished" it with his broom. He did no prep work at all and the deck was probably coated with salt, fish guts, blood and so on before he broomed the varnish on. Probably had to thin it out too with leftover sprout water because some sponsor only stepped up to the plate with a couple of cans. Boy! Has everyone ever let this poor man down -- that he manages at all is just a miracle! :blink:

Of course it looks worse than before he "varnished" it with his broom. He did no prep work at all and the deck was probably coated with salt, fish guts, blood and so on before he broomed the varnish on. Probably had to thin it out too with leftover sprout water because some sponsor only stepped up to the plate with a couple of cans. Boy! Has everyone ever let this poor man down -- that he manages at all is just a miracle! :blink:

And let's not forget about those monsterous "Southern" Ocean waves they're encountering, causing their boat to nose-dive through humongous 30' waves, making the deck awash with sea water and sea foam, scrubbing that varnish right off!!

OK, Wu Wei, how about that spontaniety? Strange that a search for void ho would turn up Wu Wei!

"Both "you wei" and "wu wei" are significantly different from void meditation in Zen. So even spontaneous "wu wei" is still different from the void." Taken from where ever I was directed by doing that Yahoo void ho search...

Nooo!!! I am by far NOT anything like Weid! (Actually, Wu-Wei is the name of my boat, she was named by the PO, who is kinda Weid-like. We didn't have the heart to rename her, since she had been named many times, and looked it up to find the Tao meaning. The hubby is not very Zen like when he is crammed in the engine compartment... Strangely, I ended up purchasing my house from a guy named Wu. Weirdness...) Anyhoo, my meditation consists of closing my eyes and counting to 10 when my coworkers piss me off. I end up making it to 3, start calling them names and throw things at them. It's very relaxing. A yoga platform at work could be used as a weapon.... :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Care to donate those to me and SailFlat for our 1000Days of Sex Voyage?

Hell, wanna come? I'm not strong in the massage department.

Well, the cheese supply has decreased to 68 slices, but it's yours. Oh no, I only massage my man- he's hot! But, hey, I'm all about going AWOL to go sailing instead!

So here we have the upright analog of the piece of shit drifting at sea. A pervert in the seagoing pos and a pervert wannabe at "mission control." You've been here in so many disguises it's disgusting. You lurk and leap and giggle and hide. You ooze out of your hidey hole to make stupid utterances like this one about Nautigirl that are simply putrid. That's the way it is with perverts though - you con and cajole and get your ass - right, you miserable pos? You took a girl who has no sense of herself, saw she was ripe for picking, put her on a leaking, used up old tub you refer to as a "schooner" and captured her. You and the rest of your perverted crowd captured the girl, sentenced her to three years to life in prison with a perverted old pretender and then you walk in here to say bullshit. It matters not even a little what happens to him - he's had it coming all his life. But to capture that girl is criminal. Don't think anyone with any sense will ever think you or your perverted acolytes are saying anything worth considering when you talk about the bag of shit Stowe as a "sailor" or anything other than a homeless piece of shit who is exactly where he should be - a thousand miles from any human being other than the one he and you captured. He's not the ancient mariner - he's a self-condemned loser who has no more sense than to drift aimlessly without purpose of any kind out of the sight of thinking humans until he finally dries up, falls over and sinks to the bottom. Without notice.

RC could you please be a little more explicit when describing your true feelings concerning our little “messiah” reedy weedy.

The subtle way in which you enunciate may just “go right over the heads” of some of the readers of this thread

In other words

TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.

:P:D:lol:

vhtgu ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;hdfgggggg

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

ob vhuuuuufbbbbbbhnuo vbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzh

i looo nff bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfpsnn fszbn fs

dvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnvllllllllllfjjjjjjjjjjjvuuuuuuoj nblxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdv

h bnsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fffffffb lnsfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnb

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

obnssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssc

nbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffsssngddddddddddd

:lol::lol: I liked this one, MikeRocks!

Hey NautiGirl !!!

You know, you and your pink sweater have been veritable ICONS on this thread... In the spirit of Reed and Soanya and how they dress up for their special landmark moments like 50 days, Crossing the Equator... I think you should post a photo of yourself in a new pink sweater to start our 100th page!

(Edit to add: You can be like a Ring Girl ~ hold up a sign that says: This is Fucking Ridiculous!)

Hey NautiGirl !!!

You know, you and your pink sweater have been veritable ICONS on this thread... In the spirit of Reed and Soanya and how they dress up for their special landmark moments like 50 days, Crossing the Equator... I think you should post a photo of yourself in a new pink sweater to start our 100th page!

Well, I guess the boys will be happy about this suggestion. And, Nauti, you better hurry because if their Hayden Planetarium show didn't happen we'll have a lot more speculating to do! Did you visit Metocean yet?

Hey NautiGirl !!!

Well, I don't have a new pink sweater yet. I did get new hot pink ice skate laces today. Does that count? (I was going to get orange, because orange is fast....)

Again, i am accepting dontations/contributions of pink sweaters, size small or medium works. Sweater donations ARE NOT tax deductible. I highly doubt they will reach me before page 100, but if I am around, and can make the post to start that page, i will post a larger, high res version to mark the occassion.

Well, I don't have a new pink sweater yet. I did get new hot pink ice skate laces today. Does that count? (I was going to get orange, because orange is fast....)

Again, i am accepting dontations/contributions of pink sweaters, size small or medium works. Sweater donations ARE NOT tax deductible. I highly doubt they will reach me before page 100, but if I am around, and can make the post to start that page, i will post a larger, high res version to mark the occassion.

How cute! I want hot pink glittery laces for my running shoes! I am sooo jealous...

I could have swore I saw a Regatta Dog at the mall stocking up on tiny pink sweaters... There he was, wagging his little tail the whole time, letting the sales ladies at Victoria's Secret pet him...

Hell yeah that counts. You could put the laces on and hold up the sign. We don't mind!

Ooh, I just googled pier 63 and got this link (thank you spiceevents.net for your pictures, etc.) of the Schooner Anne tied up there before the turtle trip! Please note that in one of the pics of the Anne with flags to the left of her there is no American flag flying! Why do sleazeballs like him always step in shit and come out smelling like roses? This pier was beautiful and probably attracted well over a 1000 visitors per day on a weekend in nice weather!

http://spiceevents.net/images/pier63/pier63photos.html

Oh, and one of the events at the pier was Argentine tango! Guess that's where he met Fred!

The following was taken from a link titled The Barge - Pier 63 Maritime and was written by the kayaker girl who posted here a little while back. Guess she knew Reid very well since she kayaked from the same pier he was docked at for quite a while. Again, Reid is caught in a huge lie because I don't recall ever reading that he used the hull of another ship for the Anne!

The Hold Dock at Pier 63

Here's the dock where almost all my adventures begin and end.

From here, I've been as far north as the Tappan Zee Bridge, as far south as Sandy Hook, around Manhattan more times than I can count, and through Hell Gate (where the East River actually runs East), past the North and South Brother Islands and Rikers Island - as far as the end of the runway at LaGuardia (kayakers used to sometimes go there & watch the planes take off - that was a pre-9/11 amusement, though, I don't think anyone would try it now). That may sound pretty adventurous, but I have friends who make me look like a wimp - they've gotten more into camping, so they'll paddle to the Norwalk Islands in Connecticutt and stuff like that.

The sailing vessel is the schooner Anne. The artist who owns her built her in his mother's back yard (recycling a hull, not entirely from scratch). She's an interesting boat - he built her with a dream of someday taking her to sea for 1000 days (without landing), fishing, taking dried foods, growing hydroponic sprouts & what have you. To me? Well - that sounds a bit like climbing Mt. Everest - a little too much like misery for my tastes, but hey, that's cool that somebody else wants to and I'll enjoy reading about it someday. I like water and boats well enough - but land has its' good points too.

Pics or it didn't happen.... and they have pictures showing the construction from scratch. That doesn't mean Reid built it.. but compelling none the less. Since learning of this 1000 day debacle, I have really been interested in finding out what plans Reid stole/pirated/defaced for the production of the 60 ton ferro-scow. Reid may claim to be a captain, but he most certainly is NOT a Naval Architect. Plans for a boat that size don't just materialize out of thin air. I will give him credit for the house and the heart window.. but not the hull. Meanwhile, some more fair use parody:

Could this be why we have no metocean reports? Antenna hauled off by squawk?

post-22930-1199845529_thumb.jpg

From one of his film productions:

post-22930-1199845564_thumb.jpg

Again, i am accepting dontations/contributions of pink sweaters, size small or medium works. Sweater donations ARE NOT tax deductible. I highly doubt they will reach me before page 100, but if I am around, and can make the post to start that page, i will post a larger, high res vers