It's better to burn out..

roundthebuoys

No no no, it's fine. The Carl Cycle still makes is circuitous route through every topic, Malarkey is back, though that does not raise the level of discourse much. Capstan still hammers anything pointing to a zionist conspiracy, and I still find all of it puzzling. Ending the discussion won't make it better. It's more important now than ever to keep the discussion going. Regardless of the quality.

Nah, I would never want to boot you in the nuts, Sol.. The difference there is that I'm not whining about some fake story and how mean y'all are, there just hasn't been anything good here for a long time. Maybe it's because of football season..

The Catamalarkey jackoff is tired..

Nah, I would never want to boot you in the nuts, Sol.. The difference there is that I'm not whining about some fake story and how mean y'all are, there just hasn't been anything good here for a long time. Maybe it's because of football season..

There are no real issues for Malarkey to discuss now. For him, this is a team sport, and his team now has a track record from which they cannot hide. His team has betrayed any notion of conservative values. All he can do is take cheap shots at what he sees as the other team. Just ignore the Carl Cycle, as hard as that is to do.

But eventually, real issues will rise to the top of the cesspool. Hang in there. It's less than 12 months to the next election. It will be more difficult to discuss real issues for a while. More mud and feces will be flying. Hell, why do you think Malarkey is back now? But real issues will still rise to the top. Hang in there.

aaahhhhh !

Causes of groupthink

Highly cohesive groups are much more likely to engage in groupthink. The closer they are, the less likely they are to raise questions to break the cohesion.

Although Janis sees group cohesion as the most important antecedent to groupthink,

). According to Janis group cohesion will only lead to groupthink if one of the following two antecedent conditions is present: (

) Structural faults in the organisation: insulation of the group, lack of tradition of impartial leadership, lack of norms requiring methodological procedures, homogeneity of members' social background and ideology.

© Provocative situational context: high stress from external threats, recent failures, excessive difficulties on the decision-making task, moral dilemmas.

Social psychologist Clark McCauley's three conditions under which groupthink occurs:

Directive leadership.

Homogeneity of members' social background and ideology.

Isolation of the group from outside sources of information and analysis.

Directive leadership.

Homogeneity of members' social background and ideology.

Isolation of the group from outside sources of information and analysis.

So, given that none of these conditions exist around here, you admit that your notions about 'groupthink' are ridiculous, right?

STFU.jpg

Conservative Groupthink

huge_oily_natural_breasts.jpg

Liberal Groupthink (this is Eva Dent btw)

Hey, I just report this, I don't make it up. Google returns the oily breast pic as the 1st result for liberal groupthink, ergo ipso facto it must be so.

Any questions Carl?

Class is in session.

Ok class, this morning we see an example of steps 4A and 5 of the Carl Cycle. You will recall that the Carl Cycle is as follows:

1) Make demented accusation; 2) get called on it and pressed for a cite; 3 a) Change the subject; B ) Run away; 4 A) Check back into a different thread; B ) When pressed for a cite, say you gave it in another thread; 5) Say "groupthink" and/or "hate/blame" a bunch of times, while posting cites from the same handful of blogs, castigating Hillary, Pelosi, and/or Reid again and again and again; 6) Repeat step 1.

Yesterday we saw steps 1, 2 and 3B, when Carl posted something about my support for Hillary, got called on it and pressed for a cite, and disappeared for the rest of the day. But Carl, like herpes, might disappear for a while, but he never really goes away. Today will be a step 5 day.

Carl, how about that cite where I support Hillary's candidacy?

Catamalarkey:

Seriously, despite the best efforts of the catamoron to dump on this place (you don't think he's Malarkey, do you?), we actually do get some real issues on the table from time to time. Last week we had pretty broad agreement that there are some issues (like torture) that can be decided as issues of right and wrong, instead of right and left. There was, of course, a notable exception to that broad agreement, but it was still a viable topic, at least until Carl shat the bed. All is not lost.

I'm kind of enjoying the religion arguements, myself. There won't ever be any broad agreement on that subject, but if I can lead one believer to doubt their religious convictions, then I have succeeded.

Seriously, despite the best efforts of the catamoron to dump on this place (you don't think he's Malarkey, do you?), we actually do get some real issues on the table from time to time. Last week we had pretty broad agreement that there are some issues (like torture) that can be decided as issues of right and wrong, instead of right and left. There was, of course, a notable exception to that broad agreement, but it was still a viable topic, at least until Carl shat the bed. All is not lost.

No, I don't think they're the same person, but the message, or lack thereof, is indistinguishable.

When I first accepted Dr. Malarkey's challenge to post here my contributions were civil. I followed the 4 R's of civil discourse, restraint, respect, research and reflection. Even before someone noticed the obvious, Killery Again Man being an anagram of Nailing Malarkey, the insults, sophomoric arguments and liberal ridicule began. I refused to engage the morons and even put each on ignore when they crossed the line of civil interaction.

I was warned but was still taken aback by the depths of cruelty some of you, many of you, were capable of. Never in my life have I met people that would ridicule someone about losing a child to a accident just because they disagreed politically. Not until I came here. How pathetic and anti social do you have to be to think mocking someone's wife , family or dead child is acceptable?

Political disagreements in a healthy society should never be inflamed with hatred.

Malarkey asks from time to time how it's going over here, his IP address is blocked permanently so he can't read your posts. For his sake that's a good thing.

Shame on you. Of course anyone that would say the things many of you have wouldn't know enough to be ashamed.

Guest One of Five

you're posting to a forum of people living behind pseudonyms. That implies taking no responsibility for what they say, which implies no guilt also for what they say.

That homily won't work... there is no shame.

Neither does yet another pathetic attempt at sympathy for any or all of the "Doctors" persona's. Is this leading up to yet another long goodbye farewell tour?

For me - most know who I am, those that don't can easily find out, thus I have nothing to hide - unlike Malarkey who creates multiple IDs and bullshit scenarios to explain his behavior and subsequent meltdowns.

I might actually believe all these personae were different people, but the attitude, opinions and writing style for Malarkey, Dagger, and Killery are so similar, it just can't different people. He would make an interesting case study.

Killery, since you are anything but honest in this forum, you are nothing but a Fact Fabricating Fraud.

Neither does yet another pathetic attempt at sympathy for any or all of the "Doctors" persona's. Is this leading up to yet another long goodbye farewell tour?

For me - most know who I am, those that don't can easily find out, thus I have nothing to hide - unlike Malarkey who creates multiple IDs and bullshit scenarios to explain his behavior and subsequent meltdowns.

I'm not planning any exit and I'm unaware that Malarkey has ever turned to anonymous people on the INTERNET for sympathy. Do you really think he invented his son's death? Now that is pathetic. Reminds me why I put you on ignore and why you're still there.

I'm not planning any exit and I'm unaware that Malarkey has ever turned to anonymous people on the INTERNET for sympathy. Do you really think he invented his son's death? Now that is pathetic. Reminds me why I put you on ignore and why you're still there.

and doesn't explain why you read my post when I am on ignore?

weird huh.

troll.

I might actually believe all these personae were different people, but the attitude, opinions and writing style for Malarkey, Dagger, and Killery are so similar, it just can't different people. He would make an interesting case study.

Killery, since you are anything but honest in this forum, you are nothing but a Fact Fabricating Fraud.

That's funny, since you sound just like Malarkey. I've seen him call someone a "Fact Fabricating Fraud" several times. His shorthand is F^3. Too funny. Any chance you can point out a fact that I fabricated?

07church.jpg
I'm kind of enjoying the religion arguements, myself. There won't ever be any broad agreement on that subject, but if I can lead one believer to doubt their religious convictions, then I have succeeded.

Perhaps because I'm still a rookie roundhere . . . but I find all this rather enjoyable.

Our "Castle of Hatred" must not be captured by the Philistines!

When I first accepted Dr. Malarkey's challenge to post here my contributions were civil. I followed the 4 R's of civil discourse, restraint, respect, research and reflection. Even before someone noticed the obvious, Killery Again Man being an anagram of Nailing Malarkey, the insults, sophomoric arguments and liberal ridicule began. I refused to engage the morons and even put each on ignore when they crossed the line of civil interaction.

I was warned but was still taken aback by the depths of cruelty some of you, many of you, were capable of. Never in my life have I met people that would ridicule someone about losing a child to a accident just because they disagreed politically. Not until I came here. How pathetic and anti social do you have to be to think mocking someone's wife , family or dead child is acceptable?

Political disagreements in a healthy society should never be inflamed with hatred.

Malarkey asks from time to time how it's going over here, his IP address is blocked permanently so he can't read your posts. For his sake that's a good thing.

Shame on you. Of course anyone that would say the things many of you have wouldn't know enough to be ashamed.

Wow mental illness is not a pretty thing daggerlarkey :( In the spirit of the holiday season i hope you get the help you need. I'll say a prayer for you and your family tonight.

peace be with you..

and if I can get one non- believer to think outside of the box and consider there may be more, that they are not the top of all that is good and evil, then I have succeeded

and if I can get one non- believer to think outside of the box and consider there may be more, that they are not the top of all that is good and evil, then I have succeeded

The thing is, most 'non believers' have bigger boxes to think outside of.

and here starts stage 3 (post stage 1(intro), stage 2(denial)), flat out lying. after several months of lying we will enter stage 4 (calling the lawyers).

can't wait!

s.

Damn, I'm always behind the curve. I better start getting ready for stage 4 by finding a lawyer now. Know where I can find one?

Boy, has this train gone off track with this little episode.

3fruitcakes.jpg

I'm not a non-believer, I am a reformed believer. All the religious education I got told me the answers were in the Bible. They lied. Got more questions than they have answers for. I'm not even playing with boxes anymore. Someone on this site actually implied I should have my head bashed in over a debate on religion. I'm having fun with this. I really don't mean anyone to take it personal (unless you're that dildo, Carl, or the guy with the hot Brazilian wife). I'm just voicing an opinion contrary to some popular beliefs. Playing, "Devil's Advocate", so to speak.

Even before someone noticed the obvious, Killery Again Man being an anagram of Nailing Malarkey, the insults, sophomoric arguments and liberal ridicule began. I refused to engage the morons and even put each on ignore when they crossed the line of civil interaction.

I always happily buy a civility offset when I cross the line. I don't recall ever going there vis-a-vis KMA. Not that Im unhappy about being on his ignore list, quite the contrary.

I'm not a non-believer, I am a reformed believer. All the religious education I got told me the answers were in the Bible. They lied. Got more questions than they have answers for. I'm not even playing with boxes anymore. Someone on this site actually implied I should have my head bashed in over a debate on religion. I'm having fun with this. I really don't mean anyone to take it personal (unless you're that dildo, Carl, or the guy with the hot Brazilian wife). I'm just voicing an opinion contrary to some popular beliefs. Playing, "Devil's Advocate", so to speak.

Ok then, but next time you are on the course and plead "Dear GOD let me have a shift just this once!", and you get a header...don't be surprised. You heard it here first.

Ok then, but next time you are on the course and plead "Dear GOD let me have a shift just this once!", and you get a header...don't be surprised. You heard it here first.

There are no atheists on the port layline, either.

'Uh, yeah. So you were there for that one too, huh.

Yeah. That's one of the questions I'm still asking. What kind of mean fuck of a god would do that to a guy?

Hey, come on . . . we're here to cheer up RTB . . . and fire up his entertaining and enlightening wit!

Let's focus on some good, positive issues for awhile:

"In an "unforeseen and unprecedented" shift, the world food supply is dwindling rapidly and food prices are soaring to historic levels, the top food and agriculture official of the United Nations warned Monday."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/17/europe/food.php

Hey, come on . . . we're here to cheer up RTB . . . and fire up his entertaining and enlightening wit!

Let's focus on some good, positive issues for awhile:

"In an "unforeseen and unprecedented" shift, the world food supply is dwindling rapidly and food prices are soaring to historic levels, the top food and agriculture official of the United Nations warned Monday."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/17/europe/food.php

Thanks KW, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now.

Things were getting better thinking about MSG's 220-volt box, then I realized the catamalarkey will probably post the video of him sticking his dick in the electrical outlet for the 1000th time and images of him drooling and beating off to the Dean Memo popped into my head. Now it's all back to dark.

See, it's going to take an It's a Wonderful Life Christmas to pull me out this time fellas, even the seasonal joyful thoughts of an electrified Griswold vagina is but fleeting.

Things were getting better thinking about MSG's 220-volt box, then I realized the catamalarkey will probably post the video of him sticking his dick in the electrical outlet for the 1000th time and images of him drooling and beating off to the Dean Memo popped into my head. Now it's all back to dark.

See, it's going to take an It's a Wonderful Life Christmas to pull me out this time fellas, even the seasonal joyful thoughts of an electrified Griswold vagina is but fleeting.

That's quite an electrifying post, RTB. :blink:

Electric vaginas notwithstanding . . . "I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!" That'll pull me through way faster than watching Randy Quaid pump out the shitter in front of the Griswolds' place . . .

oh my god, you are truly insane, Malarkey.

how pathetic and antisocial you have to be to return repeatedly to a forum of people who share nothing with you in common, who don't believe a single word you say and who think you're a psychopathic moron? have you looked at the mirror lately?

s.

I can't speak for Malarkey but I don't have any problem looking in the mirror, but then I'm not the type of person that would ridicule someone about loosing a child just because I can't win a political argument with them.

What the likes of you and Gator have said are beneath contempt. You are a sick person. Decent people don't do those things. Obviously you are not a decent person.

what are you, in Tenerife? it's 110 v here.

i know an anonymous online lawyer for anonymous online defamation suits defense. need his blocked IP number?

s.

Nah, Brazil. Home of unsatisfied married women with anonymous internet posting husbands who are busy taking their neighbors' advice about playing on interweb forums. You should see what these babes do with a jolt of 220. Harlots, they are...in my opinion.

I can't speak for Malarkey but I don't have any problem looking in the mirror, but then I'm not the type of person that would ridicule someone about loosing a child just because I can't win a political argument with them.

What the likes of you and Gator have said are beneath contempt. You are a sick person. Decent people don't do those things. Obviously you are not a decent person.

Sybyl? Is that you??

This is just bizarre. You do the same thing again and again and again, and expect a different result. The routine is getting to be like reading Carl, with better spelling and grammar.

That's my favorite. Malarkey is a Doctor and an MIT grad and can't log in from another computer? Must be MITKEY MOUSE. Just more proof that you don't have to be stupid to be a Right Winger but it sure helps.

Thank you all for exposing the quality of your character. You have not disappointed me. Sol, you are the exception. Somewhere along the line you lost your good nature.

Does that mean you'll add him to the list in your signature?

I'm still good natured. I am just tired of people encouraging and exploiting division in this country. Hammering the liberocRATS for everything they do and blaming them for all of the world's ills overlooks the fact that a republican has been in charge of the exectutive branch for quite some time, and until recently, the republicans were in charge of the legislative branch, and between them they were able to do some very unconservative things. They were/are able to get away with this because of rabid partisans who are so busy hammering the other team that they do not realize that their own team is violating the very principles they supposedly espouse. I call that putting party before country, but it could also be called putting party before principle, but it can also be summed up in a single word: Malarkey. It is a vile practice, and yes, it strains my good nature, so it's a good thing we have Carl around to help keep things on an even keel, speaking of repeating the same action again and again, expecting a different result.

i know one thing about my childhood, my father did not go to an online forum, or any forum for that matter, and told lies to a bunch of strangers in order to garner some political argument points. you know, the stuff about me being dead, or about him being an MIT grad. shit like that.

s.

:P

don't look now but the chinese just bought in for 5 big ones of morgan stanley.......

Yeah, caught that last week. Only saw the short interview of a young Wall Streeter boy expousing the virtues and bennies to America and her investors of this little purchase.

Interesting shit, though not in my sphere of knowledge.

Though come to think of it, Capstan brought this up last summer on another board. Cappy? Cappy?............

Yeah, caught that last week. Only saw the short interview of a young Wall Streeter boy expousing the virtues and bennies to America and her investors of this little purchase.

Interesting shit, though not in my sphere of knowledge.

Though come to think of it, Capstan brought this up last summer on another board. Cappy? Cappy?............

The Chinese are learning how to make a small fortune - invest a large one. Same thing happened with the Japanese. The other translation: the man with money meets the man with experience, afterwards.....

I myself have enough trouble jumping through the flaming hoops that is the Mexican Business Cartel and Her Associated Entities.

The Japanese have tons of troubles, still.

And now the Chinese are gonna give it a shot? This, (as the Roman Emperors used to say on Lion vs. Christian Day), is going to be one great show.............

I myself have enough trouble jumping through the flaming hoops that is the Mexican Business Cartel and Her Associated Entities.

The Japanese have tons of troubles, still.

And now the Chinese are gonna give it a shot? This, (as the Roman Emperors used to say on Lion vs. Christian Day), is going to be one great show.............

They are making a "Tiger" . Seems oddly familiar

They need to work on their translations. "Fills the bland"?

Anybody know what "5,000 RMB" works out to in Walmart dollars?

I don't trust their milage claim of 7L/100km. Every single model they

make has the same milage?

I've got a hunch you don't want to see your kids licking the paint,

but I'm just guessing here.

When I first accepted Dr. Malarkey's challenge...

So it really is identity number three. At least three that I know of.

You are one of those people who make me question why I even bother participating here. Or more accurately, why I risk participating here. Not all crazy people are dangerous, but some are.

You've obviously got some problems upstairs. Hope you get better. At least in the meantime, I hope you don't hurt anybody.

Ben

Killery is not NM , there are two distinct styles .

Of course to groupthink type mentalities any that disagree with their self identity politics are evil ,stupid , etc etc etc .

Symptoms of groupthink

In order to make groupthink testable, Irving Janis devised eight symptoms that are indicative of groupthink (1977).

Rationalising warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.

Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.

Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.

Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".

Self censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.

Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.

Mindguards — self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.

You are one of those people who make me question why I even bother participating here. Or more accurately, why I risk participating here. Not all crazy people are dangerous, but some are.

You've obviously got some problems upstairs. Hope you get better. At least in the meantime, I hope you don't hurt anybody.

Ben

Those words work again, just two posts later, as Carl drops a level 5 from the Carl Cycle.

Of course to groupthink type mentalities any that disagree with their self identity politics are evil ,stupid , etc etc etc .

Symptoms of groupthink

In order to make groupthink testable, Irving Janis devised eight symptoms that are indicative of groupthink (1977).

Rationalising warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.

Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.

Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.

Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".

Self censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.

Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.

Mindguards — self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.

Do you realize you say the same fucking things over and over again? I mean repeatedly, day after day?

Just wondering if you are aware of it. If not, we will all know you have a valid excuse for doing it.

Ben

Please explain. If possible, please include writing samples of NM, DB and KAM, and explain how their styles differ.

Explain why they are supposedly the same person .

because they all don't agree with your political adjenda and like starting threads on inept Democrats rather than inept Rs?

Do you realize you say the same fucking things over and over again? I mean repeatedly, day after day?

Just wondering if you are aware of it. If not, we will all know you have a valid excuse for doing it.

Ben

Step 6 of the Carl Cycle.

And Carl just demonstrated Step 3A in his response to 505.

No Carl, you made a claim. I'd like to see you back it up.

Step 2 of

The Carl Cycle.

1) Make demented accusation; 2) get called on it and pressed for a cite; 3 a) Change the subject; B ) Run away; 4 A) Check back into a different thread; B ) When pressed for a cite, say you gave it in another thread; 5) Say "groupthink" and/or "hate/blame" a bunch of times, while posting cites from the same handful of blogs, castigating Hillary, Pelosi, and/or Reid again and again and again; 6) Repeat step 1.

When I first accepted Dr. Malarkey's challenge

Just wondering. Need a rules interpretation on the "Dr Malarkey":

Is is kosher to carry ones titles and/or honorifics into ones Internet

troll personae? I think it just has to be some sort of party foul,

but I'm not sure....

Catamalarkey speaks, everybody gets a little dumber for reading it..

The catamoron, Malarkey, Capstein, D-Mon , AG/JT, Booth and Saylorgirl.. It's like watching the therapy scenes with Nurse Ratchet in Cuckoos Nest.

No Carl, you made a claim. I'd like to see you back it up.

No

the groupthink has made a false claim in hundreds of obcessive posts .

Killery has already stated that , there is no reason not to believe him and every reason to believe the obcessive herd mentality of the groupthink types is wrong again .

No

Killery has already stated that , there is no reason not to believe him and every reason to believe the obcessive herd mentality of the groupthink types is wrong again .

That's some blind devotion there catamoron, I hope you two live happily ever after together..

Not really.

but..

NM had better debating skills and there's one topic that NM never dared to comment on that KAM has, more than once waded into.

Catamalarkey speaks, everybody gets a little dumber for reading it..

The catamoron, Malarkey, Capstein, D-Mon , AG/JT, Booth and Saylorgirl.. It's like watching the therapy scenes with Nurse Ratchet in Cuckoos Nest.

You can't get much dumber than being this obcessed with another person on the internet than the groupthink types have already in this thread all due to differences of opinion on politics , of course this is an easily lead herd so we must assume it possible .

But evan if it were true who is really in need of phyciatric help here . A group of obcessive personally vendictive people that habitually attack others out of paranoid tendancies over politics or just another here taking different internet personas and SCREEN NAMES AS SO MANY OTHERS DO HERE CONSTANTLY .

But its not your fault groupthink , really -george Bush makes us all do insane things --its not your fault , really man ,I,m not fuckg with you man , its not your fault you are part of this inane idiotic groupthink mentality .

No

Combo platter.

3 a) Change the subject; 5) Say "groupthink" and/or "hate/blame" a bunch of times,

No

I knew you would not back up your claim. Sol has you figured out pretty well.

You can't get much dumber than being this obcessed with another person on the internet than the groupthink types have already in this thread all due to differences of opinion on politics , of course this is an easily lead herd so we must assume it possible .

You mean like your obsession with all Democrats?

... or just another here taking different internet personas and SCREEN NAMES AS SO MANY OTHERS DO HERE CONSTANTLY .

Damn right Freedom/Carl D.. Glad you don't do that.

Archived