Lipton Cup San Diego

o69u812

600 bucks entry to show up in Dago and have Hardesty kick your ass... They should have the owners of the 105's drive their boats... now that would be interseting to most of the clubs in CA

Race moved to *July 4th

*Subject to change

No Woodman - still May 17-18 But I haven't heard of many clubs going. Maybe those that are will chime in?

Just kidding

I know they wouldn't do that :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

600 bucks entry to show up in Dago and have Hardesty kick your ass... They should have the owners of the 105's drive their boats... now that would be interseting to most of the clubs in CA

A guy at MBYC San Diego, Kurt Kammer is trying to put a challange together but $600 is nothing. They need to charter a boat, buy sails and that, so I don't know but maybe more like $9000 plus? Then you can have Hardesty kick ass. Seems cheap at twice the cost for a good and proper ass kicking. :lol:

I heard 10 teams so far and then heard LBYC backed out due to their opening day......back to 9. Then heard that Golden Gate wants to come down and another from up north is possible. CRA had some "membership accounting" issues that resulted in a couple of their team's memberships to accidently lapse. Rumor from qualified sources say that they will be able to race, no problem.

number of clubs or quality of teams...which is better (both to a degree)

used to be a fun and competitive regatta...no more...SDYC, Thanks

I heard 10 teams so far and then heard LBYC backed out due to their opening day......back to 9. Then heard that Golden Gate wants to come down and another from up north is possible. CRA had some "membership accounting" issues that resulted in a couple of their team's memberships to accidently lapse. Rumor from qualified sources say that they will be able to race, no problem.

What does racing in the Lipton have to do with "opening day?"

WTF?

I would love to do it...but.....

SBSC does not have a J 105 owner,

Can not afford to charter a boat,

Am not going to buy new sails, especially for a J 105 weekend,

Don't want to spend July 4 th weekend racing boats,

Too bad, this used to be a good regatta.

Who is this Hardesty guy? a pro? probably fairing a 105 rudder right now, yep.

F**k em, they can eat out of that cup!

PS Bill, Ullman says your an alright guy.

Janer and SBYC will be there. What more could you want?

Janer and Deneen - could be a better Chick Fight than Janer and The Doc! Deneen will beat the shit out of her. She's punched a bunch of the guys around the club!

Bobbo

Love Jane, but my money is on Deneen. No offense Jane, but time on the water helps. Come to think of it, D spends ALL her time on the water!

Heck, it would get more press than the A Cup.

Jane would give her a good flogging though.

Jeez you guys. Are you now injecting drugs into your eyeballs? I am not racing against Deneen, I am promoting HER as the skipper for Lipton. In fact I have pressed for Deneen to get several trophies inside and outside the Club. I respect totally all of her victories and achievements which I could never come close to doing. I've crewed in Lipton 2 or 3 times with Kenny and Larry. Fun but frustrating racing in SD, light air against Ullman, Hardesty etc. Really good sailors. (PS Max Hardesty is a great guy; DoRag not so much.)

The event just needs more participants, and thats what they need to deal with to keep this a prestigious event.

Goodnight!

PS Silent Bob, between me & Dr Dread, it is not a chick fight, she is just the skipper of Whiner party of 5. Your table is ready. A person who is not nice on the water or on the air.

post-1224-1208231539_thumb.jpg

Word is that Coates and the "Masquerade" guys will be racing as part of their So Cal tour.

No threat unless Perkins is sailing the boat.......

Go Deneen!

They are putting a good team together for sure with a coach, practice, new sails, Larry's rocket boat.

Just get it out of Dago!

it will never be as it was ... just a short time ago....

it should be ripe for the taking as nobody cares anymore...SB would be great, but nobody will go there either

rumor Billy "no wanna sail" this year but being pressed to.

it will take some creative minds to offer a solution , chartered boats, rotated, Snipes at dawn, rotate venues, ????...too bad ...politics really screwed this one yet again

good luck

maybe

it will never be as it was ... just a short time ago....

it should be ripe for the taking as nobody cares anymore...SB would be great, but nobody will go there either

rumor Billy "no wanna sail" this year but being pressed to.

it will take some creative minds to offer a solution , chartered boats, rotated, Snipes at dawn, rotate venues, ????...too bad ...politics really screwed this one yet again

good luck

maybe

San Diego Effed this event

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on what teams are going to Lipton Cup?

PS. to Woody, Enough already with the clapping raccoon. It was cute the first time. Now not so much.

PM Your address and I'll un-cage the trapped Bastards @ your place

+ at no extra charge, I'll PM you the facking .GIF

I know you'll want to Cher the pain

once you have your own Den of those Facking Bastards around your place <_<

PS. I went to Bitchen Chicks-YC to join

But found the "Welcome Mat" for us "Men" gone from the web site ??

?????

Discriminated-against minds want to know :o:o:o:lol:

Woody,

This is a total hijack of what I wanted to hear about Lipton. But I have had close experiences with those little masked bastards. I had an little koi pond for a while but the raccoons ate every one of them. I bought more fish and screened the pond. They were able to pull the screen off and eat the new fish. I was so pissed that I went to a gun shop. When I told them what I was going to do, they talked me out of it.

I feel your pain. Now get rid of the fracking clapping raccoon.

Back to the subject, who's going to Lipton?

PS. Send me your mailing address and I will send you a membership card for the Bitchen Chicks Yacht Club. We love bitchen guys like you who promote sailing.

PM Your address and I'll un-cage the trapped Bastards @ your place

+ at no extra charge, I'll PM you the facking .GIF

I know you'll want to Cher the pain

once you have your own Den of those Facking Bastards around your place <_<

PS. I went to Bitchen Chicks-YC to join

But found the "Welcome Mat" for us "Men" gone from the web site ??

?????

Discriminated-against minds want to know :o:o:lol:

Woody,

This is a total hijack of what I wanted to hear about Lipton. But I have had close experiences with those little masked bastards. I had an little koi pond for a while but the raccoons ate every one of them. I bought more fish and screened the pond. They were able to pull the screen off and eat the new fish. I was so pissed that I went to a gun shop. When I told them what I was going to do, they talked me out of it.

I feel your pain. Now get rid of the fracking clapping raccoon.

Back to the subject, who's going to Lipton?

PS. Send me your mailing address and I will send you a membership card for the Bitchen Chicks Yacht Club. We love bitchen guys like you who promote sailing.

I think @ least 1 Raccoon will be waiting @ the DOC

topic-low-jack:

Did I not read an invitation for "men" to join Bitchen Chicks-YC

about 1 month ago on the web site ???? (pretty sure I did)

"OK - I know I did" :unsure: But I can't now ??????

I think @ least 1 Raccoon will be waiting @ the DOC

topic-low-jack:

Did I not read an invitation for "men" to join Bitchen Chicks-YC

about 1 month ago on the web site ???? (pretty sure I did)

"OK - I know I did" :unsure: But I can't now ??????

I think Janer is a man so how did he (she) get in?

Also, the Reagtta Chairman views the assignment as laudatory in nature and has done nothing to promote the event over the past few years. Kinda like the last Roman emperor.

It's a shame as it used to be a premier event for SoCal.

Now that the event has lost it's prestige, the clubs in the region won't finance an entry as no one cares about racing against five boats, three of which don't matter.

Shame on you SDYC!

Also, the Reagtta Chairman views the assignment as laudatory in nature and has done nothing to promote the event over the past few years. Kinda like the last Roman emperor.

Now that the event has lost it's prestige, the clubs in the region won't finance an entry as no one cares about racing against five boats, three of which don't matter.

Shame on you SDYC!

Makes it harder to loose when no one else shows up. Has Ernie B joined SDYC?

Bobbo

I would disagree with that. Last year the fleet was woefully small but the racing was very good and all the teams were fast.

I would agree that SDYC could do a lot better promoting the event.

Well, the results were Hardesty, four bullets, 23 points, next boat 31 points. Means they didn't have to sail the last race......

No?

Were you there? No.

Did you see how close the racing was on Sunday? No.

SDYC came out the blocks fast but the fleet improved dramatically and Sunday was a blast. SDYC sailed the last race because of pending protests.

-CW

Ahhhhh.....actually I was there.

But let's not quibble.

Two years ago SBYC lost by one point; should have tied SDYC (and lose the tiebreaker) if SWYC hadn't torn their kite on the final gybe to the finish. Still not a win, but close. Not bad for a bunch of amateur yahoos.

Last year we just sucked...

Best of luck to all challengers to wrestle it away from SDYC!

Shame on you SDYC!

Which are the boats that don't matter?

I was there, SDYC was fast, but they were not untouchable. There were no pushovers.

I'll be there again this year.

barefoot

Which are the boats that don't matter?

I was there, SDYC was fast, but they were not untouchable. There were no pushovers.

I'll be there again this year.

barefoot

I'm happy for you.

Archived