Are you Portlandiers going to caravan down I5? Best of weather and wind for the Delta Ditch! Good luck and grease the bearing buddies.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Pooh-bah, perhaps knowing they are as am I that i550 boats are very breaking easy to me. The keel is so small and light I can carry easily to the boss man but only receive a small roti it for.  

I am searching for a source of sustainably harvested plywood made to the BS 1088 specification. Also if anyone has experience with the bio-derived epoxy offerings, let me know your experience.  T

Is it broken still, or broken no more, yet, Sahib? Fix things I can not but my cutting torches and dremel stand ready.

Posted Images

yes, the great unwashed high altitude oxygen impaired small town recidivist would like to know more, too.

drive safely. you guys are probably tired after a race like that. How many hours to Portland?

what are your thoughts on a short hoist chicken chute for blowy hard reaching?

Redding fuel stop...

What we needed was to go DDW... If it's blowing hard and you are reaching the headsail is as fast as you are going to go... The boat is plenty powered up. The problem was 20+ stacking up waves into 4-6' standing breaking waves in an 18' boat... What we needed was another 2-4 feet of boat length that we didn't have

How about a first hand account of the DDR?

So of the 6 that planned to be there, 2 had family medical emergencies and bailed last minute, and 1 decided to do the R2AK... That left 3 boats... All PDX boats... Let's just call them #1, #2 & #4 to protect the guilty...

We left RYC under main and sailed up wind out of the harbor and then close reached up past the bridge to the starting area. It was cold and blowing high-teens with gusts around 20 and it was lumpy and confused. We were in the 4th start and it was tough to spot the "D" flag on the signal boat to get our sequence. Downwind start... No kites until your start signal. We were in with the Express 27s at the start.

Off the line #2 & #4 (both have done the race before) set off at 6-8 knots without kites... #1 launches... And LAUNCHES to a lead out in front of the E27s... As #1 approaches the brothers and sustained mid-twenty winds and 4+' rolling seas we see crash #1 for the fleet. Kite, shrimp and a salmon on board they are off again with #2 & #4 all trading spots... Around the corner and into SP bay and the wind and seas continue to build. We take our lumps as fleets pass us all because eminent death and carnage as well as good sense prevents us from setting kites.

#2 is out to a fair lead on the shore approaching Carcanez and launch a kite and are absolutely off like a prom dress... We launch on #4 and immediately take off and fly back into the Moore fleet stuffing waves and filling the cabin with 30-40 gallons of water in the process. Realizing a gybe is going to end badly we take down and soldier on... #1 also launches and flies along until an epic crash which nets a tuna and 3 herring...

Blah, blah, blah... White sails on #1 & #4 and trading gybes and plodding along in ridiculous waves and taking water over the bow at 10-12 knots. Meanwhile #2 is launched and eating up miles... Clearly the better sailors they are blistering along at the front of the pack while we continue to drop back. We set again and take off... Have a couple hard gybes and manage to launch a batten through the luff... Yes, luff, side of the batten pocket. I know... I've never seen it happen before either!! With a batten now sticking 3' out past the mast and certain to shred our kite in the next gybe we douse and continue to plod along. Bailing... Sorting... Getting bored.

Fast forward to #2 who is off of Port Chicago still rocketing along until they stuff a wave and fold up their mast at the top spreaders. Even with the kite down and missing 4' of mast they are still trading gybes with an Ultimate 20 WITH THEIR KITE UP!! So that went on until the U20 decided to drop their rig... Then the other U20 caught #2 and promptly decided that they wanted a new mast and dropped theirs too. So plodding along and watching carnage #2 continued toward the finish with 2/3 of a main and a life jacket tied to the end of the boom which was dragging in the water.

Meanwhile... Back at the ranch... We were plodding along on #4 flogging the main trying to shake out the batten the wrong way. Why not drop the main and pull it out you ask? Because it was above the lower spreader so no dice there. Somewhere behind us was #1 launching, sailing, crashing, recovering and repeating... Oh yeah... Until they broke a keel and turtled... Sitting on their upturned boat, contemplating world peace for the next 20 minutes until a jet ski happens along and offers to help... Upright and bailing wih 2 red solo cups, they get a tow toward a marina until Mr JetSki apparently decides to stop... At which point water sloshes and boat turtles... Again. More contemplation as jetski flees the scene of the crime. Along comes nice power boater couple who call coast guard, sherif, sea tow, vessle assist and anyone else they can think of... CG HH-60 arrives as does sheriff. Sheriff waives off helo and helps rite #1 then tows to dock. That's the basic idea of what happened... I was drinking when the crew recounted the story and laughing my ass off at the drama... All are safe... Boat is safe and sound on the trailer and back home in PDX. New bulb less keel (like #2 has) is no doubt in the works!

Meanwhile #4 is power reaching in 30+ around the infamous "19" still trying to shake out a batten. Then rounding a corner on the river they spot what appears to be some nut in an Opti out for a day sail... Oh no... It's boat #2!!!

After passing #2 and suggesting they shake out their reef, #4 decides "fuck it... Put the kite up!" And then have a lovely light air cruise to the finish sailing DDW with the main sheeted in and the kite drawing nicely with the jib on deck. After finishing the longest DDR of their lives (it, however was still light!) we on #4 sail to the marina and find a nice dock to sort the batten issue. At the dock we find a nice trawler and roll the boat over and pull fucked batten out of sail from the fly bridge on said trawler... Crisis averted the sail comes down and boat goes on trailer... At this point #2 arrives at finish line with broken mast amidst wild cheers from thousands of spectators.

Boats on trailers... Many great ribs were eaten and to many beers consumed we traded stories of our day. I'm sure I left out a metric shit ton, mostly about all the other boats with broken rigs, booms, spreaders, stuck in the mud, or suffering some other carnage, but it was a long drive and I'm going to bed!

So of the 6 that planned to be there, 2 had family medical emergencies and bailed last minute, and 1 decided to do the R2AK... That left 3 boats... All PDX boats... Let's just call them #1, #2 & #4 to protect the guilty...

We left RYC under main and sailed up wind out of the harbor and then close reached up past the bridge to the starting area. It was cold and blowing high-teens with gusts around 20 and it was lumpy and confused. We were in the 4th start and it was tough to spot the "D" flag on the signal boat to get our sequence. Downwind start... No kites until your start signal. We were in with the Express 27s at the start.

Off the line #2 & #4 (both have done the race before) set off at 6-8 knots without kites... #1 launches... And LAUNCHES to a lead out in front of the E27s... As #1 approaches the brothers and sustained mid-twenty winds and 4+' rolling seas we see crash #1 for the fleet. Kite, shrimp and a salmon on board they are off again with #2 & #4 all trading spots... Around the corner and into SP bay and the wind and seas continue to build. We take our lumps as fleets pass us all because eminent death and carnage as well as good sense prevents us from setting kites.

#2 is out to a fair lead on the shore approaching Carcanez and launch a kite and are absolutely off like a prom dress... We launch on #4 and immediately take off and fly back into the Moore fleet stuffing waves and filling the cabin with 30-40 gallons of water in the process. Realizing a gybe is going to end badly we take down and soldier on... #1 also launches and flies along until an epic crash which nets a tuna and 3 herring...

Blah, blah, blah... White sails on #1 & #4 and trading gybes and plodding along in ridiculous waves and taking water over the bow at 10-12 knots. Meanwhile #2 is launched and eating up miles... Clearly the better sailors they are blistering along at the front of the pack while we continue to drop back. We set again and take off... Have a couple hard gybes and manage to launch a batten through the luff... Yes, luff, side of the batten pocket. I know... I've never seen it happen before either!! With a batten now sticking 3' out past the mast and certain to shred our kite in the next gybe we douse and continue to plod along. Bailing... Sorting... Getting bored.

Fast forward to #2 who is off of Port Chicago still rocketing along until they stuff a wave and fold up their mast at the top spreaders. Even with the kite down and missing 4' of mast they are still trading gybes with an Ultimate 20 WITH THEIR KITE UP!! So that went on until the U20 decided to drop their rig... Then the other U20 caught #2 and promptly decided that they wanted a new mast and dropped theirs too. So plodding along and watching carnage #2 continued toward the finish with 2/3 of a main and a life jacket tied to the end of the boom which was dragging in the water.

Meanwhile... Back at the ranch... We were plodding along on #4 flogging the main trying to shake out the batten the wrong way. Why not drop the main and pull it out you ask? Because it was above the lower spreader so no dice there. Somewhere behind us was #1 launching, sailing, crashing, recovering and repeating... Oh yeah... Until they broke a keel and turtled... Sitting on their upturned boat, contemplating world peace for the next 20 minutes until a jet ski happens along and offers to help... Upright and bailing wih 2 red solo cups, they get a tow toward a marina until Mr JetSki apparently decides to stop... At which point water sloshes and boat turtles... Again. More contemplation as jetski flees the scene of the crime. Along comes nice power boater couple who call coast guard, sherif, sea tow, vessle assist and anyone else they can think of... CG HH-60 arrives as does sheriff. Sheriff waives off helo and helps rite #1 then tows to dock. That's the basic idea of what happened... I was drinking when the crew recounted the story and laughing my ass off at the drama... All are safe... Boat is safe and sound on the trailer and back home in PDX. New bulb less keel (like #2 has) is no doubt in the works!

Meanwhile #4 is power reaching in 30+ around the infamous "19" still trying to shake out a batten. Then rounding a corner on the river they spot what appears to be some nut in an Opti out for a day sail... Oh no... It's boat #2!!!

After passing #2 and suggesting they shake out their reef, #4 decides "fuck it... Put the kite up!" And then have a lovely light air cruise to the finish sailing DDW with the main sheeted in and the kite drawing nicely with the jib on deck. After finishing the longest DDR of their lives (it, however was still light!) we on #4 sail to the marina and find a nice dock to sort the batten issue. At the dock we find a nice trawler and roll the boat over and pull fucked batten out of sail from the fly bridge on said trawler... Crisis averted the sail comes down and boat goes on trailer... At this point #2 arrives at finish line with broken mast amidst wild cheers from thousands of spectators.

Boats on trailers... Many great ribs were eaten and to many beers consumed we traded stories of our day. I'm sure I left out a metric shit ton, mostly about all the other boats with broken rigs, booms, spreaders, stuck in the mud, or suffering some other carnage, but it was a long drive and I'm going to bed!

Great report! This race sound like the Mug Race here in Jacksonville except you actually have wind (and lots of it) for most of the race.

Couch, it is very close...I may launch on Sunday June 14, if you are in the neighb!

...wow,,auspicious timing! Likely I'll be driving across, leaving ~the 15th,,, think I'll have a co-driver to drop in Balty.

....if all works out, it would be lovely to trade our coast's favorite pints!

Awesome write up, I felt like I was there.... and a big congrats on the win.

So I have to ask about this bulb less keel,,,, I ironically, am heading out the garage after this email to bolt my bulb to the keel, the boat is all but finished, my first regatta with it is in 3 weeks, unless they cancel due to too much water in that lake......

I am 90% sure to make the DDR next year and already lining up crew.

Awesome write up, I felt like I was there.... and a big congrats on the win.

So I have to ask about this bulb less keel,,,, I ironically, am heading out the garage after this email to bolt my bulb to the keel, the boat is all but finished, my first regatta with it is in 3 weeks, unless they cancel due to too much water in that lake......

I am 90% sure to make the DDR next year and already lining up crew.

Less of a "win" and more of a "the guy who broke the least shit" and limped into the finish victory...

Yes, #2 now has a "bulb less" keel... or if you'd prefer for sake of rule compliance, its a "foil shaped" bulb...

We've always felt that the bulb creates more drag than needed and as any "T" bulb it catches a ton of shit while you're sailing...

Solution? Just cast your bulb as the bottom foot or so of your keel. What's it weigh? Class minimum 150#... why? because anything more is just a waste. Yeah, the center of effort moves up... but some have actually sailed this boat with NO keel at all and it goes just fine to weather in 20+ knots with crew weight... well a lot sideways, but it doesn't fall over or anything!

Hope you will make a trip in August for a regatta in Eugene at Fern Ridge... we should... if a mast gets repaired in time... have 6 boats... maybe more!

Couch, it is very close...I may launch on Sunday June 14, if you are in the neighb!

About time!!! No really... ABOUT TIME!! No no no... many congrats... you'll enjoy the boat if you get any breeze between now and fall on the Ches

Wonder what it would cost to tow an i550 to RYC from Bodymore, Murderland....

Probably a lot less than you think... ship it and fly into OAK... way cheaper (time IS money!) than towing it yourself... especially if you can hook up with a one way flatbed going back empty or can set boat and trailer on top of a load of sheet steel or some other heavy load with minimal height... be flexible on dates and it can be loaded/unloaded with a forklift and you can rent a truck at the other end to haul it to the ramp.

Wonder what it would cost to tow an i550 to RYC from Bodymore, Murderland....

Probably a lot less than you think... ship it and fly into OAK... way cheaper (time IS money!) than towing it yourself... especially if you can hook up with a one way flatbed going back empty or can set boat and trailer on top of a load of sheet steel or some other heavy load with minimal height... be flexible on dates and it can be loaded/unloaded with a forklift and you can rent a truck at the other end to haul it to the ramp.

Good advice. I have close relatives in OAK, too....gotta give this a look after I retire (one day in like....2032...)

I was just looking at the 1600+ photos at http://h2oshots.smugmug.com/keyword/Delta%20Ditch/i-ZSfJk2v I was noticing two of the i550's ripping along down wind with their rudders 1/2 way raised,,,, I am not used to it and do not know of any other sport boat that raises the rudder up, educate me, I would think you would lose the rudder as you heel over?

I was just looking at the 1600+ photos at http://h2oshots.smugmug.com/keyword/Delta%20Ditch/i-ZSfJk2v I was noticing two of the i550's ripping along down wind with their rudders 1/2 way raised,,,, I am not used to it and do not know of any other sport boat that raises the rudder up, educate me, I would think you would lose the rudder as you heel over?

We all have the same rudder... they were originally built for the failed Columbia 30 project and were all under spec for that boat, but perfect, although WAY to long for the i550.

#2 has cut off the "excess" so its shorter and doesn't stick up past the top of the cassette. I've just been to lazy on #4 to do anything with mine and I like having the "wind vane" for mounting the GoPro on. I'll probably cut it down this summer now that we really know what type of depth we need.

I think that the Henderson 30 has a VARA rudder... there are a few others too. Idea is you can go deep upwind when you have boat heel, and go shallow downwind to reduce drag when the boat is being sailed flat. In reality its just one more thing to screw with and doesn't really make much of a difference.

So what is the length that suits the boat? I have access to a melges 24 rudder to mold some skins off. Just looking for a ballpark idea, like the same depth as the keel , 80% 60%?

So what is the length that suits the boat? I have access to a melges 24 rudder to mold some skins off. Just looking for a ballpark idea, like the same depth as the keel , 80% 60%?

the magic #?.......3'9'' projection from the hull. Even a very fine tip at that depth is enough for 'late corrections'.

the magic #?.......3'9'' projection from the hull. Even a very fine tip at that depth is enough for 'late corrections'.

#2 reports 36.5" under the hull is plenty...

Is your knee fixed yet? Are you coming to Fern ridge in August?

...surgery's in the fall for the first knee,,,prolly a year later for the 2nd. Then there's a question of hips :unsure:

...not a coon's chance I'll be back in 550's. I can't imagine being able to train myself not to power hike and torque steer in a race-on moment. Dinghies should be fine in ~1 1/2 years but not something 10x the weight. :mellow:

Is your knee fixed yet? Are you coming to Fern ridge in August?

...surgury's in the fall for the first knee,,,prolly a year later for the 2nd. Then there's a question of hips :unsure:

...not a coon's chance I'll be back in 550's. :mellow:

Can't you just sit on the boat and drive? Enjoy the fun of it? We do miss you unique brand of Canadian crazy.

At this point it looks like a spring launch. Rudder pintles maybe, your outboard brackets look pretty slick. But what I need more than parts is stations for reinforcing the deck to mount blocks for the headsail and spin. Next big project is laying in the aft side decks and cockpit floor. I would like to reinforce these areas before the final crawl into the back to tape the seams. I am thinking of glassing the under side of the floors to increase the strength ( leaving clean wood along the glue lines) and then taping the seams . Any ideas ? This boat may be used to race to Alaska if my crazy uncle isn't just blowing smoke up my ass! So I have been trying to build it light and strong, so far so good

What is the West Coast PHRF rating?

No idea... we sail OD

You've got PHRF-NW where we live and mostly sail and it is just horribly fucked with well intentioned volunteers being lead astray by self interested douchebags... I am sure PHRF-NorCal would give us a fair shake and PHRF-SoCal is just to damn far away for us to care.

But, bottom line we sail OD because we are all friends and friends don't even let their worst enemies sail PHRF!

• 2 weeks later...

So Cal would give you a #.. Not a chance in hell in Nor Cal.. Ask Scooter. Wabbit Rule.. you need a min of 400lbs in the keel

Couch's boat got a NorCal rating... Added 220# of lead pigs in the floor. Apparently the ballast rule doesn't require it to actually be in the keel.

When Ben put the 220# of lead in the bilge to make the ballast config for norcal phrf for the Delta Ditch, I thought it pretty much the same as Timbo's comment. I mean, WTF? It's the Wabbit Wule. But my recollection of the Wule was in response to a lack of Positive flotation of the Wabbits and a couple of sinkings exacerbated by a lot of water in the boat's cockpit.

I had a couple exchanges a few years ago with the phrf committee about a rating and the answer was no rating without 400 lbs. of lead. my takeaway from the exchange was that the i550 could "go fly a kite".

The attitude stinks. sort of the same attitude that the Santa Cruz ULDB paradigm went thru themselves before they currently populate the board.

Nuf said.

Two articles:

Nor Cal Sailing - SpecialReport on Sportboats and PHRF (April 24, 2011)

http://www.norcalsailing.com/entries/2011/04/24/yra-sportboats.html

follow-up report - Wabbit Wule? (April 27, 2011)

http://www.norcalsailing.com/entries/2011/04/27/sportboat-followup.html

NorCal PHRF meeting notes for Carbon Offset

http://www.yra.org/PHRF/docs/ncphrf_Minutes_August_2009.pdf

http://www.yra.org/PHRF/docs/ncphrf_Minutes_January_2011.pdf

post-22850-0-65659700-1436237496_thumb.jpg post-22850-0-25277600-1436237513_thumb.jpg

So Cal rating of Slightly Barbaric:

http://www.phrfsandiego.org/minutes/2014/02_February_Minutes.pdf

Well that makes sense... :blink:

Yeah... my thoughts exactly... seems the rule is more related simply to weight and less related to stability.

Looking back at our run in the 2015 DDR it's a good thing nobody was out there with an extra 220# of lead in the bilge!

#87 went sailing this past weekend (but not very well to windward with the keel up) ;)

attachicon.gifDWkeelUp.jpg

If you would get crew with a bit more brains and a bit less belly, it would go faster. :ph34r:

Nice pic and CONGRATS!

In our true champion preparation, the Colorado boat has the hiking straps ready to go,,, and have spent the winter loading up on beer and pizza to achieve the optimum hiking weight!.... Almost there.

You gonna be at Dillon, Aspen?? How bout Gov cup at CC??

In our true champion preparation, the Colorado boat has the hiking straps ready to go,,, and have spent the winter loading up on beer and pizza to achieve the optimum hiking weight!.... Almost there.

Hey Shaggy,,,, Not going to make Aspen (this weekend) , but if work goes ok the rest of this week, I will launch this Sunday in Cherry Creek and will be keeping the boat there. I plan to race next Wednesday for the start of summer series. Dillon and Gov Cup are on my list (we won last year on the U20).

Will you be there this Wednesday?

mc, we had the keel down and then had a bit of an issue getting it up, and I was pressed for time due to a family health issue, so we were reluctant to put it back down. Boat is surprisingly stable even with it up but it doesn't go to weather for sh*t with it up :lol:

Hey Shaggy,,,, Not going to make Aspen (this weekend) , but if work goes ok the rest of this week, I will launch this Sunday in Cherry Creek and will be keeping the boat there. I plan to race next Wednesday for the start of summer series. Dillon and Gov Cup are on my list (we won last year on the U20).

So where were ya?? looking forward to drooling over boat.....

So where were ya?? looking forward to drooling over boat.....

Sent you a PM and invite to Sundays launch at Cherry Creek at 11:00, work and rain caused me to lose a few days. Hope to see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Totes! Still got some work to do....

Less typing more working.

Look, you need to make some decisions. If you are keeping that fat dude on the boat then get rid of the heavy thing on the bottom of the dagger board (I don't have one of those heavy things on my boat; what do you need one for?), strengthen the hiking straps, fix the halyard leads and you are good to go. Lifting the daggerboard should be a piece of cake without the heavy thing on the end of it. Heck, mine even floats. Oh and if on this path I suggest you eat and drink a bit more. Fall racing brings breeze!

If you are going to keep that fat heavy thing on the bottom of the daggerboard, then ditch the fat heavy thing on the deck or get him to stop eating and drinking and send him to the gym. I wish you much luck with that.

On a more serious note, don't forget rig tune and maybe some additional battens of varying wieghts/thickness. If you like, you could practise by making some for me. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I have a question for the i550 builders concerning issues with the side panels at frame 18. It appears in my 3D of the 55x there is an inversion bend in this area. I noticed it on TTB in some of his videos. The issue is related to the different curvatures and twists the framework dictates in the design. Ply being a flat object has difficulty fitting into what amounts to be a hyperboloid surface. The inversion appears to orient itself from the bow at waterline to the sheer 5-6 feet back. To get a flat surface to conform one would need to rip strips maybe 4 inches wide 90 degrees out from about 6-8 inches above the chine to the sheer. Then the builder could epoxy fill the rips and apply 6 oz on both sides to reinforce/integrate the panel. Anyone tried this yet?

post-120420-0-54526200-1441126719_thumb.png

What's the name yer boat?

it would be good to have the Map transferred to someone who can update it. There are a lot of new licenses and dots that need to be turned red and green.

attachicon.gifMap of the World.png

I have a question for the i550 builders concerning issues with the side panels at frame 18. It appears in my 3D of the 55x there is an inversion bend in this area. I noticed it on TTB in some of his videos. The issue is related to the different curvatures and twists the framework dictates in the design. Ply being a flat object has difficulty fitting into what amounts to be a hyperboloid surface. The inversion appears to orient itself from the bow at waterline to the sheer 5-6 feet back. To get a flat surface to conform one would need to rip strips maybe 4 inches wide 90 degrees out from about 6-8 inches above the chine to the sheer. Then the builder could epoxy fill the rips and apply 6 oz on both sides to reinforce/integrate the panel. Anyone tried this yet?

it seems you could piece in each skin panel between frames. There is most likely skin strength issues doing so but you could always scarf the panel on the inside to regain the integrity. Any comments?

Frame 18 has been a problem for some. After reading all of the forums before starting mine, I added about 3/8" to the middle of frame 18, faired to +/- = 0 in both directions and ended up with what I think is a "fair" bow on my boat. Measuring things as I was building, the plywood wanted to conform to this shape.

For those of you sitting on the sidelines, after completing my own build,,,, the boats are great, and doing 11.8 knots (last week) on a boat you built (very rewarding) and the best is yet to come.

post-100257-0-03790300-1441153985_thumb.jpg

I added a bit of a sister to that frame, rounded it to a fair curve and tortured the plywood over it. I like the look and the fact that it's a little fuller up front, as we race in waves.

That's a great photo Mark!

Timber the boat's name is still "Plane Ride." Here is the old dorky graphic that was a first draft....the new one is slicker but doesn't exist in vinyl yet.

post-768-0-94004800-1441156523_thumb.jpg

Personally I don't think that the inversion at frame 18 is that big of a deal.its out of the water. If it bothers you just shim it out till she looks fair. Then add some bog and tape. Building is about making it work, not designing the shit outta every tiny problem. Flippin my hull this weekend to enjoy some longboard action!

Posted by Dawg_House on 28 September 2013 - 10:27 PM in Sport Boat Anarchy

Moose & Squirrel,

Photographic Proof: On the i550 Facebook page, Nathan has posted photos of an Aug 2nd launching of #19 (Lake Pymatuning - Jamestown PA) . He was planning to go out again and promised more pictures coming. Congratulation for completing "The Edge"(Build Name - Second Alarm).

Personally I don't think that the inversion at frame 18 is that big of a deal.its out of the water. If it bothers you just shim it out till she looks fair. Then add some bog and tape. Building is about making it work, not designing the shit outta every tiny problem. Flippin my hull this weekend to enjoy some longboard action!

Have a few longboards (the beer that is) and no not a big deal at all, and I doubt it makes little difference, my meranti plywood did not want to bend to it, so I re-did the frame.

How is your boat coming? Happy sanding!

Squirrel,

A few updates to research for the map.

#172 Wild Child has been sold and moved to Detroit MI with #557,

#281 Hot Canary is on loan to Bill in St Petersburg ,FL (Murray Yacht)

#286 Slight Barbaric moved from Maine to San Diego back to Charleston SC. (Road Trip)

#573 Warren has started his build in Boutilier’s Point NS Canada

#19 The Edge splashed on Lake Pymatuning Aug 2nd 2012

#87 As noted above Tim is all wet…… Congrats.

#336 Has changed hand twice Chris NC to Joe FL to Ben in Savannah GA (Not look good)

#231 Chad’s Knot Racing is racing. Got wet about two years ago.

#129 Jeff sold the boat to James Nichols in I think Nashville. Everglade Challenge.

#74 Pipe Dream is for sale

#108 Lunatic Fringe sold to someone near Chicago area????

#350 Lee moved to San Fran and has splashed Okey Lah Sept 2014

# Monster Inc as started (Cobble Hill BC Canada)

#472 Matt has gotten Honey wet. March 2014

#550 Time Machine goes from no pin to green pin

#437 Big Bad Wolf splashed in Singapore

# Des Clark in Hobart TAZ For Sale http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lindisfarne/sail-boats/i-550-sports-boat/1085480883

#401 Steve For Sale TAZ http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellerive/sail-boats/i550-sports-boat/1087606830

#336 Build on in TAS

# Chris Lee Build is started in Albany Western AUS

Squirrel,

#286 Slight Barbaric moved from Maine to San Diego back to Charleston SC. (Road Trip)

#336 Has changed hand twice Chris NC to Joe FL to Ben in Savannah GA (Not look good)

#129 Jeff sold the boat to James Nichols in I think Nashville. Everglade Challenge.

# Des Clark in Hobart TAZ For Sale http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lindisfarne/sail-boats/i-550-sports-boat/1085480883

#401 Steve For Sale TAZ http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellerive/sail-boats/i550-sports-boat/1087606830

#336 Build on in TAS

Nice list,

does anyone have contact info for the other Colorado plan holders?

My bad again..... It was late night and I got the 550 class mixed with the 505 class. The boats look the same and both go real fast.

Miss the old 222.... gone but never forgotten.

post-22850-0-56407900-1441246472_thumb.jpg

Now are there other changes to turn over to Squirrel

One of the TAZ boat just sold today. .

post-22850-0-34354500-1441246683_thumb.jpg

Squirrel,

#336 Build on in TAS

Sad to say that 336 was not salvageable. By the time everything unusable was removed, there really wasn't much left. It is landfill.

Dawg House,

Your research, as always is excellent ... thanks so much for the updates.

I am back to the maps after a couple of bad years health-wise. I've been sorta flat on my back (no comments from the peanut gallery, please) and our second main

computer died a while back (no more Mac laptops for us) and we now have a new, very

capable computer. When I tried to get back into the map, I finally figured out that the original map owner on a shared map has to give permission (again)to be able to

edit the map. This happened due to a google upgrade. With help from T-Ford, I was

able to contact Jeff, builder & former owner of Alchemy. He's the great guy who

started the map & he turned the map back over to us. I'm figuring out the new

editing tools for g. maps & had success changing #87, Plane Rider, to a green pin.

Any other known updates please send to Watershed's email. Please be patient, as I

will need to piece data together from the last couple of years.

Thanks for your help!

Susan (Squirrel Girl)

So 138, Monsters Inc is flipping today, and congrats to Plane Ride and the Time Machine. Mr Steiber, would you have any thoughts on taking the liner out of your mast after sailing with it? ( the aluminum viper rig ). The viper mast I have seems stiff in the bottom section , although I realize that a good portion of it is removed the fit the boat,especially having the cabin model. I have a star rig that could be modded up for light airs. Just wondering if you have had enough time to work out tuning yet? On a lighter note, I would submit that the rule committees allow trapezes on the full cabin boats to allow more safety when moving crew wait forward. ( the star came with traps ), discussions, anyone?