Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

flaps15

Good God! I wish that annoying woman would just go away!!!!!!!!

I really think she has stayed in the race this long, hoping something would happen to OBama. Her remark about Bobby Kennedy being killed in June, gave it away.

Amy Poehler got it right on SNL, when she played Hillary. She said, "I know I'm losing but I will get the nomination anyway, because I'm a sore loser. I'm so annoying, so shrill, so overbearing, so unethical, that they will give it to me, just to get rid of me. :lol:

Press

Just watching this stuff is Hillaryous. What must people be thinking. The candidate with experience. She needs to get a plumber to learn to control the leaks, between this and her husband's eruptions.

Amy Poehler got it right on SNL, when she played Hillary. She said, "I know I'm losing but I will get the nomination anyway, because I'm a sore loser. I'm so annoying, so shrill, so overbearing, so unethical, that they will give it to me, just to get rid of me. :lol:

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I was wrong about her being done after her RFK assassination comments. That never realy got the traction I expected it would. I am back to my original thoughts that she will continue to push to use her position as the convention spoiler to leverage her way into the VP slot. She's going to hold the party hostage to assure herself of a power position of some sort. I think she understands she's not going to be POTUS but the VP job is the next best thing. After she's already had a taste of the WH, she's not going to give up that easily.

Besides, there are probably some china dishes and silver pieces she's missing and wants to complete her set.....

I'm now hearing denials from the Clinton camp............news forthcoming.

Good Lord this is like a whorror movie....they are never really dead the first couple of times

B)-->

QUOTE(Jeff B @ Jun 3 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'm beginning to think I was wrong about her being done after her RFK assassination comments. That never realy got the traction I expected it would. I am back to my original thoughts that she will continue to push to use her position as the convention spoiler to leverage her way into the VP slot. She's going to hold the party hostage to assure herself of a power position of some sort. I think she understands she's not going to be POTUS but the VP job is the next best thing. After she's already had a taste of the WH, she's not going to give up that easily.

Besides, there are probably some china dishes and silver pieces she's missing and wants to complete her set.....

Minister of Homeland Security.

Good Lord this is like a whorror movie....they are never really dead the first couple of times

Anybody have a wooden stake, a crucifix and some garlic cloves?

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I was wrong about her being done after her RFK assassination comments. That never realy got the traction I expected it would.

Aaah yes. The free and open american media.

B)-->

QUOTE(Jeff B @ Jun 3 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody have a wooden stake, a crucifix and some garlic cloves?

This chick is as transparent as Casper. Her enormous ego and sense of entitlement that the Throne should be hers has turned off a huge number of voters that earlier in the race thought that she may have actually had the country's best interests at heart at one time.

Fuk her---I'm so done with the Clin(g)tons.............

B)-->

QUOTE(Jeff B @ Jun 3 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your wishes may come true--except it won't be as VP it be as a Supreme Court Justice. That should just about cause every conservatives head to explode like in Mars Attacks.

Your wishes may come true--except it won't be as VP it be as a Supreme Court Justice. That should just about cause every conservatives head to explode like in Mars Attacks.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff B @ Jun 3 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, I'm beginning to think I was wrong about her being done after her RFK assassination comments. That never realy got the traction I expected it would. I am back to my original thoughts that she will continue to push to use her position as the convention spoiler to leverage her way into the VP slot. She's going to hold the party hostage to assure herself of a power position of some sort. I think she understands she's not going to be POTUS but the VP job is the next best thing. After she's already had a taste of the WH, she's not going to give up that easily.

Dream on. Obama is smarter than that. She'd never make it through senate confirmations. Maybe a cabinet position or the director of Socialized Medicine.

Dream on. Obama is smarter than that. She'd never make it through senate confirmations. Maybe a cabinet position or the director of Socialized Medicine.

How about her and Billy just hang it up and go on a permanent vacation. They've both outlived what little usefullness they may have provided. Except Hannity will now actually have to come up with a new gig and/or material...........

She could probably become the next Ted Kennedy if she stayed a senator. But, I don't really care as long as she and her partner stay out of the White House.

How about her and Billy just hang it up and go on a permanent vacation. They've both outlived what little usefullness they may have provided. Except Hannity will now actually have to come up with a new gig and/or material...........

youre an idiot.

bill clinton's AIDS drugs initiative alone has saved thousands of lives. thats a lot "usefullness" that the world is appreciative of, even if you arent

Oh lookie, all the Hitler Youth are gloating over the fact that a US Senator will stay a a US Senator instead of becoming President. Congrats guys, you can take off the straight jackets and Clinton repelling Tin Foil hats and finally go about your day without the evil Hillary.. um.. um.. talking about Healthcare and flip flopping on the Iraq vote.. It must be such a relief to get that over with. Is there a victory rally anytime soon?

youre an idiot.

bill clinton's AIDS drugs initiative alone has saved thousands of lives. thats a lot "usefullness" that the world is appreciative of, even if you arent

As nice a gesture that is, from what I read on it he was a broker/middle man for some poor countries and four drug companies ...that seemingly caved in to the idea as a great p/r gesture. Which is just fine with me 'cuz as you may not have noticed earlier today I stated that I liked Billy. But my previous post was meant to convey that as a team, I think it's bye-bye time for them. Foremost because they have become an embarrassment of late to the Political Process...........

Congrats to Obama. It's a big accomplishment and great progress for the US. Now it's time to focus on beating the establishment. A revolution in the making.

I rather view Obama's role as leading our people back TO the 'establishment' . . . after all this nation was founded by a rather radical bunch of liberals who led a citizen revolt and founded a very different kind of establishment.

I'm not sure why conservatives can't seem to recognize the irony in the fact that they worship dead radicals . . . but then denial is central to the Republican mindset.

Congrats to Obama. It's a big accomplishment and great progress for the US. Now it's time to focus on beating the establishment. A revolution in the making.

What's the accomplishment....that he's half white and some delegates like him?

Define progress....are the poor gonna get more cheap goodies? Will he wave a magic wand and make everyone sing Marley songs and criminalize rascism? Am I getting the door prize of paying for stupid peoples mistakes?

Beating the Establishment? Are you refering to rich folks that employ poor folks? Entraupaneurs{sic}? Our educated hard working citizens that actually produce something beneficial to our society?

Revolution? Is that when other people of color are going to attempt to make this country as great as places like Haiti and El Salvador and the Ivory Coast and Somalia? That kind of revolution?

Sorry Pal, I love ya, but these four things need some explainin'. At least to me...........

What's the accomplishement....that he's half white and some delegates like him?

Define progress....are the poor gonna get more cheap goodies? Will he wave a magic wand and make everyone sing Marley songs and criminalize rascism?

Beating the Establishment? Are you refering to rich folks that employ poor folks? Entraupaneurs{sic}? Our educated hard working citizens that actually produce something beneficial to our society?

Revolution? Is that when other people of color are going to attempt to make this country as great as places like Haiti and El Salvador and the Ivory Coast and Somalia? That kind of revolution?

Sorry Pal, I love ya, but these four things need some explainin'. At least to me...........

Well, since you asked so politely. A relatively unknown member of a minority race, even more in the minority as a biracial individual, with the name Barack Hussein Obama, had enough character, charisma and substance to earn the nomination for the highest office in the land with one of the two major parties. That is an astounding accomplishment in itself afforded to only one individual on the planet every four years. As for progress, both Hillary and Obama have essentially removed race and gender from the equation for generations to come. The next woman or black man running for President will not be a novelty anymore. A 14 year old today will hardly remember the significance of a non-white male running, and a 10 year old in the following election won't find any intrigue in a candidates race or gender at all. That's progress.

As for the establishment? I consider John McCain the epitome of an established lifetime politician. Not a bad guy, but I hope Obama shows more Johnny Lydon than John McCain in his 4 or 8 years.

Finally, Revolution has nothing to do with color, it has to do with overthrowing the current sitting members of the house and senate in the name of a common cause. That common cause may differ for you and I, but as long as a vast majority rally around him and it, I will consider us united. Viva la Revolucion!

Press

Just watching this stuff is Hillaryous. What must people be thinking. The candidate with experience. She needs to get a plumber to learn to control the leaks, between this and her husband's eruptions.

oh, man...word choice, please?

now the word is she's joining Obama (fuck, I hate my middle name too) and I think that's good news.

I'm not buying the gender doesn't matter thing. Look at the title of this thread. The "iron my shirt" guy was considered no big deal by the media, I don't think a "pick my cotton" guy at an Obama speech would be considered so funny. In fact with a large chunk of immigrants coming from cultures where a woman's place is in the home, and religious fundamentalists practising revenge of the cradle, I think HRC got as close to POTUS as any woman ever will.

Condie.........

Fair point-but if McCain does happen to chose her for VP she'll end being called way worse than witch. However if McCain does chose Jindal it will be hailed as a breakthrough for asian-Americans.

Fair point-but if McCain does happen to chose her for VP she'll end being called way worse than witch. However if McCain does chose Jindal it will be hailed as a breakthrough for asian-Americans.

First the Kneegrows, then the A-juns? Gawd who's next, the Hiss-panics?.............

oh, man...word choice, please?

now the word is she's joining Obama (fuck, I hate my middle name too) and I think that's good news.

Would you prefer spews?

I'm not buying the gender doesn't matter thing. Look at the title of this thread. The "iron my shirt" guy was considered no big deal by the media, I don't think a "pick my cotton" guy at an Obama speech would be considered so funny. In fact with a large chunk of immigrants coming from cultures where a woman's place is in the home, and religious fundamentalists practising revenge of the cradle, I think HRC got as close to POTUS as any woman ever will.

Thats pretty limited thinking, for me it was not about gender, it was about the Clinton's. Condi Rice wants to be the head of the NFL when it/if comes about, not vp. But just off the top of my head I can think of two women I would support, Christine Whitman and/or Karen Hughes.

Ever? Obama sprang up pretty quickly. There's another woman that could be a force in the next two or three elections waiting in the wings now. I don't know who, but she's out there.

As nice a gesture that is, from what I read on it he was a broker/middle man for some poor countries and four drug companies ...that seemingly caved in to the idea as a great p/r gesture. Which is just fine with me 'cuz as you may not have noticed earlier today I stated that I liked Billy. But my previous post was meant to convey that as a team, I think it's bye-bye time for them. Foremost because they have become an embarrassment of late to the Political Process...........

I don't think it was an "embarrassment" so much as a sign of the times.

Clinton campaigined on being the answer to Rove style politics. Going back to when she first felt heat from Obama's numbers, she began her strategy of playing the "I'm tough" card.

It backfired, in my opinion, because those who aren't voting Republican don't want a Rove-style Democratic administration to replace a Rove-style Republican administration.

Again, in my opinion , the newness and novelty of Obama's candidacy is that it marks the end of 50%+1 politicking.

And I think it affords McCain the opportunity to back off the recent Republcina trend (16 yrs) of Rove style tactics, too.

We have an honest opportunity to have a campaign about issues and solutions...

Lets not have them muck it up by dwelling on why the Rove style may be, and SHOULD be, gone for good.

Ironically, Obama used Bill Clinton's 1994 campaign to get where he is today. Change, tax hikes for the rich, it's the economy stupid.. Smart.

lots of talk.

can't wait to see how universal hc is going to affect the economy.

if by taxing the rich, he means taxing the top 10% who pay 70% of the tax base.

Thats pretty limited thinking, for me it was not about gender, it was about the Clinton's. Condi Rice wants to be the head of the NFL when it/if comes about, not vp. But just off the top of my head I can think of two women I would support, Christine Whitman and/or Karen Hughes.

That may be the single scariest thing I have ever read. Stephen King takes a back seat to you! :lol:

how have they become an embarrassment?

hill and bill have fought the good fight... the process has played out and obama has barely won. he will now make hill his VP and unite the party to defeat the republicans.

even if she's not the VP she will continue to be a senator, and bill will continue with his great work at his foundation, not sure how that could be construed as "bye-bye time"?

how have they become an embarrassment?

hill and bill have fought the good fight... the process has played out and obama has barely won. he will now make hill his VP and unite the party to defeat the republicans.

even if she's not the VP she will continue to be a senator, and bill will continue with his great work at his foundation, not sure how that could be construed as "bye-bye time"?

How can you even ask that question? Do you read anything besides PA? :lol:

That's what I said.. Repeal Bush Tax cuts. What's your point with the Op-Ed piece?

you'll see a one time pick up in income from capital gains in 2008 as investors sell their long positions.

changing the tax rate and changing the tax bracket are not the same.

its more than just a bush tax cut repeal.

don't you think every american should pay at least some income tax rather than none or worse getting credits more than their tax liability.

face rtb, the day will come when the big axe will fall on entitlements. Its only a matter of which program(s) gets nailed.

you'll see a one time pick up in income from capital gains in 2008 as investors sell their long positions.

changing the tax rate and changing the tax bracket are not the same.

its more than just a bush tax cut repeal.

don't you think every american should pay at least some income tax rather than none or worse getting credits more than their tax liability.

face rtb, the day will come when the big axe will fall on entitlements. Its only a matter of which program(s) gets nailed.

If we could get the defense budget and debt service under control, we won't have to axe anything and the entitlements can perform as they were intended. A strong domestic agenda that generates non-defense domestic jobs will take some pressure off social services also.

If we could get the defense budget and debt service under control, we won't have to axe anything and the entitlements can perform as they were intended. A strong domestic agenda that generates non-defense domestic jobs will take some pressure off social services also.

i wish it were that simple but sadly it is not. Its time to cut entitlements especially healthcare, not increase them.

"Any politician who tells you that we can solve our problem without reforming Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid is not telling you the truth," Walker told an audience at the University of Denver.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/01/...in2528226.shtml

i wish it were that simple but sadly it is not. Its time to cut entitlements especially healthcare, not increase them.

"Any politician who tells you that we can solve our problem without reforming Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid is not telling you the truth," Walker told an audience at the University of Denver.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/01/...in2528226.shtml

This could be a good opportunity to flesh out the details of healthcare reform:

How do you propose people over 65 pay for their healthcare or healthcare insurance?

This could be a good opportunity to flesh out the details of healthcare reform:

How do you propose people over 65 pay for their healthcare or healthcare insurance?

with cash or credit card.

do you think its fair that medicare costs are subsidized by all others?

time to level the healthcare cost playing field.

Then reduce the enetilement by using social security to pay for their healthcare.

looks like you will have to take care of your parent(s) healthcare or their housing. Pick one

with cash or credit card.

do you think its fair that medicare costs are subsidized by all others?

time to level the healthcare cost playing field.

Then reduce the enetilement by using social security to pay for their healthcare.

looks like you will have to take care of your parent(s) healthcare or their housing. Pick one

The same way I think it's fair that my safety from supposed bad guys should be subsidized by all others, hell yes I think my safety from bad diseases should also be. You can't be a productive member of society if you're sick or dead. By the way, that's bullshit about housing. That is something you can plan for your whole life, you can't easily plan for healthcare costs not knowing how long you may live and what ailments may beset you.

The same way I think it's fair that my safety from supposed bad guys should be subsidized by all others, hell yes I think my safety from bad diseases should also be. You can't be a productive member of society if you're sick or dead. By the way, that's bullshit about housing. That is something you can plan for your whole life, you can't easily plan for healthcare costs not knowing how long you may live and what ailments may beset you.

pick one.

either pay, directly from your own wallet without gov't support, your parent(s) healthcare or pay for their housing & support.

that will be the choice of the future which for some is already here.

the US can't afford to do both.

pick one.

either pay, directly from your own wallet without gov't support, your parent(s) healthcare or pay for their housing & support.

that will be the choice of the future which for some is already here.

the US can't afford to do both.

Healthcare. I've never heard that subsidized housing was much an issue in the United States.

Healthcare. I've never heard that subsidized housing was much an issue in the United States.

since healthcare is 5 times more expensive than social security, at todays levels, we'll need to cut spending elsewhere to pay for that option.

perhaps the doctors will take a 20% pay cut, another 20% from the hospitals, and another 20% from the insurnace & drug companies.

nah.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy200...marytables.html

since healthcare is 5 times more expensive than social security, at todays levels, we'll need to cut spending elsewhere to pay for that option.

perhaps the doctors will take a 20% pay cut, another 20% from the hospitals, and another 20% from the insurnace & drug companies.

nah.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy200...marytables.html

Frontline

did a series giving a cursory look at 5 western style democracys who recently socialized,

or partially socialized, their healthcare systems. Most pay about 50% less per capita for about

the same or better care. Worth a look.

That's the starting point if you want to cut Medicare, because

we will not tolerate tossing Granny into the street.

The USG pays about half the bills right now. Those bills are

paying nearly double what most nations pay for equivalent procedures,

in no small part due to the worlds highest administrative costs.

We have a lot of waste and profit taking that we could do without.

Frontline

did a series giving a cursory look at 5 western style democracys who recently socialized,

or partially socialized, their healthcare systems. Most pay about 50% less per capita for about

the same or better care. Worth a look.

That's the starting point if you want to cut Medicare, because

we will not tolerate tossing Granny into the street.

The USG pays about half the bills right now. Those bills are

paying nearly double what most nations pay for equivalent procedures,

in no small part due to the worlds highest administrative costs.

We have a lot of waste and profit taking that we could do without.

I agree.

But you asking for a big group of people making a living in that industry to give up their std. of living for the benefit of granny.

good luck with that.

I agree.

But you asking for a big group of people making a living in that industry to give up their std. of living for the benefit of granny.

good luck with that.

I assume you are talking about the people in the insurance industry, right? Fuck them.

I assume you are talking about the people in the insurance industry, right? Fuck them.

the whole industry.

nurses, docs, GE medical, all of them.

I agree.

good luck with that.

You must have missed the part where costs per patient droped nearly

50%, I guess.

That show is about an hour and a half, but full of interesting

ideas. The Swiss model is probably the one most suited

to us, so that tape is the best place to start.

They also had a US style system to overcome.

We probably could with a single payer system.

And read Mark's posts, they tell the truth.

The U.S. system is often compared with that of its northern neighbor, Canada (see Canadian and American health care systems compared). Canada's system is largely publicly funded. In 2005, Americans spent an estimated US$6,401 per capita on health care, while Canadians spent US$3,326.[23] This amounted to 15.3% of U.S GDP in that year, while Canada spent 9.8% of GDP on health care.

And the US has 47 Million uninsured, or approximately 15 million more than the entire population of Canada. Not very efficient.

You must have missed the part where costs per patient droped nearly

50%, I guess.

That show is about an hour and a half, but full of interesting

ideas. The Swiss model is probably the one most suited

to us, so that tape is the best place to start.

They also had a US style system to overcome.

i recall either seeing the show or reading about the swiss system.

makes sense to me.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_427691.html

We probably could with a single payer system.

And read Mark's posts, they tell the truth.

And the US has 47 Million uninsured, or approximately 15 million more than the entire population of Canada. Not very efficient.

canada also has less people to deal with. 33m total population.

easier to be more efficient with less people than more.

Archived