What's the best chap stick w/sp

o69u812

I know zink would be best, but they rub it off as soon as they leave the dock. Anyone know of what's out there that really works?

this is just me, but i just go to CVS or walgreens or whatever, get the stick with sp on it thats mint-flavored, and use that.

dermatone is best, but a lil pricey for kids. I'd just go with Chapstick that has an SPF.

In addition to that, I don't know what your employers policies are, but when I taught sailing I was responsible for getting sunscreen on my kids but I wasn't allowed to touch them (YMCA, they are a lil gun shy when it comes to potential lawsuits) I started using the coppertone spray on stuff. It dries really quickly and is waterproof. Re-apply at lunch before you send them back out and you're all set.

Chapstick Ultra 30... was that so hard?

img1.gif

Or just go with the moisture series at 15spf... the vanilla mint is usually pretty popular.

Edit: the dermatone is great stuff, I use it in the winter to help with chapping of the face. Oh, and something else in regards to chapstick like products, some kids are allergic to the "medicated" types... I know many say medicated, but the type like Blistex in the miny toothpaste tube seems to cause some problems. YMMV.

Chapstick Ultra 30... was that so hard?

img1.gif

Or just go with the moisture series at 15spf... the vanilla mint is usually pretty popular.

Also cheap enough for them to loose overboard a couple of times during the summer if need be

Also cheap enough for them to loose overboard a couple of times during the summer if need be

Yep, they will get lost. I always carry two when I'm sailing for that reason. The trick is getting them to reapply. That goes for sunscreen too.

EDIT: I use Blistex Medicated, it's not as waxy as Chapstick and stays on really well. It has a very mild taste too.

third on the Burt's, its not expensive, mostly (all?) natural. I avoid anything with "medicated on the label, as it usually ends up making you need to use more as it will constantly dry your lips out (at least for me, and my eczema) Also tape a loop of string to it and do a luggage tag splice through the whistle d-ring and leave it in a life jacket pocket, if you got one, just don't leave the life jacket in a hot car!

X-Balm Tropical Flavor - spf 15 www.xbalm.com

I find that a lot of other spf lip stuff makes your mouth taste like you just ate a bottle of sunscreen. This one tastes like normal fruity lip balm - no bitter after taste

• 10 months later...

Bump

I got a freebie chapstick from the Mount Gay stand in Newport three years ago, my daughter loved it. I tried emailing their site to get more and got no response. Anyone know if it's available for sale, is it repackaged something?

Archived