If Obama wants to win in November,

flaps15

Even Hillary gets it. Click It would seem to me the reason the McCain campaign is keeping Palin out of the limelight with interviews, is to stoke the people that dislike her into making noise. The more incensed the Dems get the more the rabble splits to smaller herds. I'm so glad the Clinton's are gone. :lol:

Flaps - good that you want to help Obama with campaign strategy. Since he already seems to be taking your advice maybe it is too little too late?

Geez, you guys must be really, really low on ammunition to think that Palin is the super secret weapon that will turn this election.

I seriously doubt that any VP candidate has ever won an election.

So congrats on one more thread about Obama and Palin that is strictly speaking, a non thread.

Flaps - good that you want to help Obama with campaign strategy. Since he already seems to be taking your advice maybe it is too little too late?

Geez, you guys must be really, really low on ammunition to think that Palin is the super secret weapon that will turn this election.

So congrats on one more thread about Obama and Palin that is strictly speaking, a non thread.

Palin is the key to this election, to me. I was impressed with McCain's speech, but I cannot give it much weight. Why not? Not because he offered a ton of promises and no specifics, but rather, because Malarkey already told us that McCain would say anything to win an election. So Palin is going to have to pick up the slack, because we can't listen to McCain. If she can't tell us why they deserve my vote, then they don't have a good chance of getting it.

hey ranger, what do you think of this idea? click just off the top of your head? Then maybe I'm too late with this one as well.

Edit: Here's a fun one from one of chuckie dees ex homeboys. click here

hey ranger, what do you think of this idea? click just off the top of your head? Then maybe I'm too late with this one as well.

Considering the record billions of profits, why not? Sort of how the Saudi's do it. Of course one day the oil will run out (no matter how many holes we stick in the ground) and then what?

As for Palin, she is a Washington outsider. She is also pretty ignorant on a lot of things, most everything outside of Alaska. Looking good when you state is awash in money isn't really that hard. You should of been in Texas and Oklahoma in the last oil boom. Pretty much the same as how a really fast boat makes you look really really smart.

One one hand, she's for the government taxing coorporations

and re-distributing the wealth. On the other, we have Ted Nugent

ranting about great she is because she's for small government

and low taxes.

This is getting bizzare.

I appreciate the sarcasm sol, but I'm sure you don't put any more stock into what malarkey says than I do. REAL conservatives see McCain as a man who has a long record of trying to clean house and I believe him when he says he'll take on the GOP AND Dem establishment and work for the people.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a right-wing backed 527 came out to scuttle McCain because I think he is FAR more of a theat to the establishment than obama is. I could see some of the cigar-smoking power-players in back rooms hitching thier wagons to the obama because they rightfully see him as all talk with little ability to really "change" anything. They can weather 4 years of a "liberal" until they can get another one of thier own re-elected.

As we've both agree, its all about $$ - and with McCain's background with campaign finance reform, objection to pork spending and real ethics reform - McCain is the FAR FAR bigger threat to the power-brokers in DC.

McCain is the true threat to the establishment.

Wait til the RNC launches the bombshell that Obama is only half-black. That'll drop his constiuency by at least 30 percent...... B)

Well, you could also say that he is only half-white... :unsure:

(and as the Brother of 3 half black/half white Sisters, it pisses me off that he doesn't acknowledge he is BI-RACIAL)

Well, you could also say that he is only half-white... :unsure:

(and as the Brother of 3 half black/half white Sisters, it pisses me off that he doesn't acknowledge he is BI-RACIAL)

are you insane or just stupid? where has obama not admitted he is bi-racial?

are you insane or just stupid? where has obama not admitted he is bi-racial?

It really depends on the crowd, now doesn't it? Remember when he said "they are afraid" because he is Black?

Does the Press refer to him as the Potential First Black President? Does he correct them?

He doesn't and you know it...

As to whether I am "insane or just stupid", does it really even matter? Did that make you feel good when you typed it?

It really depends on the crowd, now doesn't it? Remember when he said "they are afraid" because he is Black?

Does the Press refer to him as the Potential First Black President? Does he correct them?

He doesn't and you know it...

As to whether I am "insane or just stupid", does it really even matter? Did that make you feel good when you typed it?

obama has on numerous occasion acknowledged his mixed race heritage. and as an aside, had you bothered to gain any information on the subject you would know that the majority of his siblings are african. he has 1 sister who is of mixed race. no, i didn't feel good typing it, i was pretty much astounded by your ignorance and wonder if it was willful or not.

obama has on numerous occasion acknowledged his mixed race heritage. and as an aside, had you bothered to gain any information on the subject you would know that the majority of his siblings are african. he has 1 sister who is of mixed race. no, i didn't feel good typing it, i was pretty much astounded by your ignorance and wonder if it was willful or not.

Why doesn't he correct the Press calling him "Black" then???

To be very clear: I think he has passed up a great opportunity to raise awareness of the many people in this country that are of mixed race.

In a few thousand years we will all be mostly the same shade anyways. Anyone have a Time-Machine I could borrow? :unsure:

In a few thousand years we will all be mostly the same shade anyways. Anyone have a Time-Machine I could borrow? :unsure:

wow, you're optimistic. You think the human race will still be around in a few thousand years?

Why doesn't he correct the Press calling him "Black" then???

To be very clear: I think he has passed up a great opportunity to raise awareness of the many people in this country that are of mixed race.

i don't think he passed it up at all. i am afraid that you are so focused on the word "black" being used here and by the media that you have chosen to over look what the man has said and written about his family and heritage.

I appreciate the sarcasm sol, but I'm sure you don't put any more stock into what malarkey says than I do. REAL conservatives see McCain as a man who has a long record of trying to clean house and I believe him when he says he'll take on the GOP AND Dem establishment and work for the people.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a right-wing backed 527 came out to scuttle McCain because I think he is FAR more of a theat to the establishment than obama is. I could see some of the cigar-smoking power-players in back rooms hitching thier wagons to the obama because they rightfully see him as all talk with little ability to really "change" anything. They can weather 4 years of a "liberal" until they can get another one of thier own re-elected.

As we've both agree, its all about $$ - and with McCain's background with campaign finance reform, objection to pork spending and real ethics reform - McCain is the FAR FAR bigger threat to the power-brokers in DC.

On the off chance that McCain gets elected (not gonna happen), He will not be able to implement any meaningful policy changes in view of the legislative make-up. Even if you believe the bullshit that he will actually try to.

Looking forward to the debates. If MCcain snooze walks thru the debates like he did his acceptance speech, this could very well be a landslide for Obama and the Dems.

So you're saying that the dem congress is more interested in partisanship and maintaining the status quo than in enacting a McCain reform agenda?

I guess "change" only counts if a democrate is doing it. Iif change is coming from a repub - its to be blocked regardless of the content or intent.

No, I was speaking more about his attempt to give the wealthiest 5% a tax cut. Providing Corporate welfare. Drill Drill Drill and doing nothing meaningful about alternative energy sources, ignoring the SS crisis, Education & health care.

Aside from that, He really has not spelled out any specifics like Obama has other than he "will name names" for pork barrel spending.

The "change" ellusion is this election cycles "compassionate conservatism" jingo-ism. It means absolutely nothing coming from the regressives.

wow, you're optimistic. You think the human race will still be around in a few thousand years?

I think it is fairly unlikely the human race will survive another millenium without a major course change.

Right now we are headed downwind in a gale directly at a rocky lee shore with all our sails drawing.

If we do not get the kite down soon, and start doing some serious working to weather we will most

assuredly be dashed on the rocks.

Archived