Oh my F**king GOD!

flaps15

I think that the senate seat should go to the most qualified person. I don't know who the others vying for it are, but it seems to me that since she has no political experience at all it is unlikely to be her. And I find the pervasive idea that she belongs there because of her last name to be extremely distasteful. I thought we fought the Revolutionary War to be free of that ridiculous idea.

I think that the senate seat should go to the most qualified person. I don't know who the others vying for it are, but it seems to me that since she has no political experience at all it is unlikely to be her. And I find the pervasive idea that she belongs there because of her last name to be extremely distasteful. I thought we fought the Revolutionary War to be free of that ridiculous idea.

Word, Obie.

My brother went to HS with her and says she's fairly regular people, considering. I don't imagine she'll be much worse than the average, nor can I think of any political criteria more important in practice than name recognition and aura.

you mean like the political experience that Hillary brought to the Senate? Its a good thing Hillary didn't elected because of her name.

It thought she got elected because reasonable people couldn't abide have that philandering Guliani as their senator....

They said on the news that she was 51. Hot damn, that is one good looking 51 year old.

art_caroline_kennedy_gi.jpg

Uh, yes...............and no.

AnnCoulter-2.jpg

I am hoping your answers of "yes" and "no" are attributable to the Kennedy and Coulter pictures, respectively.

If so, I heartily agree. If not, well, Rick, you need a check up from the neck up.

It's all about who you know and who you blow ( in the political sense ) Look at who Obama just named as education secretary - Arne Duncan, the head of the Chicago school system, There has to be some one in the country better qualified than anyone affiliated with the CPS. Which despite Mr Duncan's efforts are still well below the State averages, still have huge gang problems and still have a 50% HS drop out rate. Maybe he just wanted a partner for some B- ball in DC :rolleyes:

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/no...dropout-13nov13

Robert Jr would be a shoe in. I know; he campaigned for the seat should Hilary have taken the election this year.

Wounder if Uncle Ted had anything to do with this decision, or that pesky little heroin bust in the early 80's..

Good point - he's smart and has a good record on the environment - wonder why he isn't running...

Robert Jr would be a shoe in. I know; he campaigned for the seat should Hilary have taken the election this year.

Wounder if Uncle Ted had anything to do with this decision, or that pesky little heroin bust in the early 80's..

Good point - he's smart and has a good record on the environment - wonder why he isn't running...

Probably won't get re-elected - has a criminal record. Got nailed for having a baggie with some heroin residue in it. I be thinking Teddy is calling all the shots, add this to the fact that junior went for Hilary while Ted and Caroline went for Obama probably sealed his fate in the family.

you mean like the political experience that Hillary brought to the Senate? Its a good thing Hillary didn't elected because of her name.

She got elected in part due to name recognition- and I'm not thrilled with that either. But at least she got elected.

For all we know, Caroline Kennedy might make a fantastic senator. But a person with her accomplishments, though they are not insubstantial, would have little or no chance at the seat if she had no family connections and her last name were Brown or Lipschitz.

Elections are what they are- sometimes people don't make entirely informed choices, and pick based on name recognition, good looks, or whatever. When a senator is appointed, though, I don't think it's too much to ask to require the person doing the appointing to use rather more objective criteria.

And I find the pervasive idea that she belongs there because of her last name to be extremely distasteful.

Conversely, many people will think she doesn't belong there only because of her last name. Which is equally distasteful.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the decision should be based on merit alone. I would not disqualify her based on her family if she was the best candidate- I just doubt that she is.

The woman is a practicing constitutional lawyer, and spends an inordinate amount of time working in and for her community. Far from being a fucking rich dillitante, she's actually very involved. NY could do a lot worse.

At least she's not a fucking carpetbagger from Arkansas looking for an available, high profile seat.

It thought she got elected because reasonable people couldn't abide have that philandering Guliani as their senator....

Gets your facts right - Rudy had to drop out of the race due to prostate cancer. Moron.

Gets your facts right - Rudy had to drop out of the race due to prostate cancer. Moron.

well there's that to.... doesn't discount the fact that they couldn't abide a mobbed up philanderer. Asswipe.

Ann Coulter a drag queen? That explains the anger....

Bullshit. She not good looking enough to be a drag queen.

Um, not that I know what a drag queen looks like.

Well, I don't even look at drag queens.

Oh hell, never mind.

Ann Coulter a drag queen? That explains the anger....

Bullshit. She not good looking enough to be a drag queen.

Um, not that I know what a drag queen looks like.

Well, I don't even look at drag queens.

Oh hell, never mind.

Look for the Adam's Apple.

The sig line with the quote from JFK under that photo is disturbing.

The quote is from Robert Kennedy as I have credited, not his brother John. Don't worry you'll get over it eventually.

Now that I think about it, it would not have been that off base coming from John.

Ben

I think it's funny that she gets all this praise for volunteering, doing social work, and whatever..

Fuck, if I was born that rich, and never had to worry about a mortgage, or whether I will be able to pay for my kids college, I'd be do-gooder too!

What she's done is _nothing_ that tons of other rich women do. Although, i have to admit that not all of them do it

And as far as being a good lawyer...., so what, congress is full of them.

I'm sure she's a wonderful person, and I have nothing bad to say about her, I just don't see anything to indicate that she has the temperament of a politician, and I have to wonder how effectively she can represent the state.

the good news for her is that if she gets the job, she's in for life, and she won't need that political killer-instinct to get re-elected.

I think it's funny that she gets all this praise for volunteering, doing social work, and whatever..

Fuck, if I was born that rich, and never had to worry about a mortgage, or whether I will be able to pay for my kids college, I'd be do-gooder too!

What she's done is _nothing_ that tons of other rich women do. Although, i have to admit that not all of them do it

And as far as being a good lawyer...., so what, congress is full of them.

I'm sure she's a wonderful person, and I have nothing bad to say about her, I just don't see anything to indicate that she has the temperament of a politician, and I have to wonder how effectively she can represent the state.

the good news for her is that if she gets the job, she's in for life, and she won't need that political killer-instinct to get re-elected.

Which exactly sums up opinion of that dead Diana chick in England............

i meant to say:

What she's done is _nothing_ that tons of other rich women _haven't done_.

There are two sides to this, both of which have merit. On the one hand is the argument that she is untested, untried, and unqualified. She hasn't paid her political dues, and it's not right that she should simply waltz into the Senate based on name and money. That's a reasonable objection; but at the same time, to pick some career politician *with* those qualities* runs counter to the change I think we want in the way politics are run. I welcome a "fresh face" and thinking outside the machine-run box, even if it smacks a bit of "destiny".

There's also the objection to her being somewhat born into the job because she's a Kennedy. Also worthy of reservation, but she's not just a Kennedy, she's *that* Kennedy; the one who stood graveside as her father was buried for his service to this country. Does that entitle her to the position? No; but I'll damned well cut her some slack for it. Secondly on that score, being who she is, she's been well educated and has a wealth of experience that we mere mortals could not achieve. Though not a politician, she possesses a history, experience, education, and interpersonal skills and connections on a level few politicians could aspire to. I have little doubt she's more qualified than most elected to the position.

The best pick? Maybe not; but certainly interesting and worthy.

The woman is a practicing constitutional lawyer, and spends an inordinate amount of time working in and for her community. Far from being a fucking rich dillitante, she's actually very involved. NY could do a lot worse.

At least she's not a fucking carpetbagger from Arkansas looking for an available, high profile seat.

Ahh no, she allowed her licence to practice law in NY expire. Only recently renewed it. Has she ever even tried a case?

Think of it this way - if she doesn't get it this could be the first time in fifty some odd years the won't be a Kennedy in the Senate With Teddy's days numbered this could be a reality and looking down the barrel of this possibility you can bet he is cashing in all his chits.

There are two sides to this, both of which have merit. On the one hand is the argument that she is untested, untried, and unqualified. She hasn't paid her political dues, and it's not right that she should simply waltz into the Senate based on name and money. That's a reasonable objection; but at the same time, to pick some career politician *with* those qualities* runs counter to the change I think we want in the way politics are run. I welcome a "fresh face" and thinking outside the machine-run box, even if it smacks a bit of "destiny".

There's also the objection to her being somewhat born into the job because she's a Kennedy. Also worthy of reservation, but she's not just a Kennedy, she's *that* Kennedy; the one who stood graveside as her father was buried for his service to this country. Does that entitle her to the position? No; but I'll damned well cut her some slack for it. Secondly on that score, being who she is, she's been well educated and has a wealth of experience that we mere mortals could not achieve. Though not a politician, she possesses a history, experience, education, and interpersonal skills and connections on a level few politicians could aspire to. I have little doubt she's more qualified than most elected to the position.

The best pick? Maybe not; but certainly interesting and worthy.

I think you overlook the biggest mark against her. She's a democRAT. A beauty queen from a state with 1/3 the population of my county can be more qualified for the White House than Obama, as long as she is not a democRAT, but the opposite just Cannot Be True, when applied to NY's junior Senate seat. So if the democRAT Governor of NY appoints a democRAT to replace Hillary, he will have chosen an unqualified person for the job, by default. Please keep things in context.

I hate it when they dress animals, except maybe those little dogs who can get cold.

The dog always looks humiliated and seems to be thinking "When you go to sleep, I'm gonna shred the couch cushions, piss on the carpet, and shit in your shoes."

cdstore709.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about this, the more I question what makes her qualified for the job. Growing up in the White House would seem to me to be even less of a qualifying factor than being First Lady. It smacks of dynasty, at a time when we have had the same two families running the country for 20 years. Family name is not a qualification.

The more I think about this, the more I question what makes her qualified for the job. Growing up in the White House would seem to me to be even less of a qualifying factor than being First Lady. It smacks of dynasty, at a time when we have had the same two families running the country for 20 years. Family name is not a qualification.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a dis-qualification.

As it was for Hillary, last year, and Bush in 2000. Just say no to dynasties!

You know if the clinton's ugly daughter was a bit older, they would've been pushing her right over Princess Caroline.

You know if the clinton's ugly daughter was a bit older, they would've been pushing her right over Princess Caroline.

The "ugly daughter" comment is a little redundant, isn't it? We know she is a Clinton. That means she is a democRAT. Ugly by definition. Gotta be.

Nope, nothing to do with her politics, she truly is
Correct me if I'm wrong, how come her image hasn't graced us in the Friday threads? Damn, just thinking about that makes my eyes bleed.

chelseaclinton_narrowweb__300x4050.jpg

This one? So Palin must be really smart since she is good looking?

Nope, nothing to do with her politics, she truly is
Correct me if I'm wrong, how come her image hasn't graced us in the Friday threads? Damn, just thinking about that makes my eyes bleed.

chelseaclinton_narrowweb__300x4050.jpg

This one? So Palin must be really smart since she is good looking?

I don't know, maybe in your world. (eyes bleeding while typing) I really don't get where Sarah Palin comes into the conversation, let alone how smart she is. My comment was about the "difficult to look upon" clinton child. (see photo above, thank you) Who, if of age, to me, would have been steamrollered by her family over the Kennedy child for the position of NY Senator. Correct me if you believe I am wrong. Also, it would seem to me, the clinton child has more White house experience than the Kennedy child. Wouldn't you agree?

Archived