Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jono

Accommodation in Southampton UK

I can't get any search engines to bring up what I'm after.

My Servce boss is coming over to update his certs in Jan. He'll be going to Ocean Safety, Spinlock on the IOW and down to Baltic in the Hamble.

I'm cheap and the NZ peso doesn't go far. Who has an awesome little pub or B and B they use??

My Servce boss is coming over to update his certs in Jan. He'll be going to Ocean Safety, Spinlock on the IOW and down to Baltic in the Hamble.

I'm cheap and the NZ peso doesn't go far. Who has an awesome little pub or B and B they use??

http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk...Southampton.htm

If he is into sailing, check out the bedrooms at the Royal Southern. He can walk to Baltic, get the bus into town for the Redjet (or bum/borrow a RIB at the Club) and I am sure we can organise a lift to Saxon Wharf (Ocean Safety) if needed.

http://www.royal-southern.co.uk

with the way the pound has gone these last few weeks he could probably stay in a five star hotel in London and get a taxi down to Southampton and you wouldn't be seriously out of pocket, if you are paying in a ahrd currecny like the New Zealand Dollar.....

the other bonus of staying in Hamble is that he can enjoy the villages excellent hospitality - if the southern is a bit pricey you could try the farthings, though not sure how much cheaper that is and try sticking Satchell Lane B&B's Hamble into google, that might help. Failing that if he goes to Boomers each night, I'm sure he'll be able to find someone drunk enough to lend him their sofa!

HW

I have done the seamans mission in So´ton some years ago. Fine place. Not expensive and as far as I remember, it was within walking distance to "Fridays".

smooth traveling

M

the other bonus of staying in Hamble is that he can enjoy the villages excellent hospitality - if the southern is a bit pricey you could try the farthings, though not sure how much cheaper that is and try sticking Satchell Lane B&B's Hamble into google, that might help. Failing that if he goes to Boomers each night, I'm sure he'll be able to find someone drunk enough to lend him their sofa!

HW

On the other hand a FULL set of innoculations will be required before arrival; liver transplant, delousing, tattoo and piercing removal, second identity, tummy tuck and facelift, two to three weeks in a good health farm, and ownership of a "safe" house required upon leaving....

If you want to survive, that is....

I think that you'll find that the southampton hookers provide B+B if you ask nicely

I'm sending him to work!

I'm a bit out of date as my last trip was for the Jubilee in 01. Greg's not a true yachtie but he's one of the best at packing rafts and PFDs.

He's better off at Southampton rather than the Hamble as he has to do a Portsmouth run one day as well.

I'll try the directory. The folk at OS had a couple of places too but their budget was a bit higher than mine.

Thanks all.

You could usefully look at the local tourist office they can often be very helpful for city accommodation in the UK, one in most towns...

Quietly ask their advice on where they would stay

J

I've used the Premier Inn chain a couple of times lately. The ones I've been to were cheapish, cheerfullish, clean, and low hassle to book. http://www.premierinn.com