Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Court Of Appeal Anarchy

I didn't even bring any clothes to change into - 7PM fly out of Charleston, 7 PM fly out of Albany, so one set of stuff is enough. It was lovely to fly with just a small laptop backpack, and empty planes make air travel much easier.

Dacapo is picking me up at this airport Comfort Inn around noon so we can have lunch and a martini and then go to court. I'll post what I find out here, and if I can do it from the courtroom, I will. Not sure how good the camera set up is, or if their servers can deal with international traffic, but their archives show some important cases that would attract many times more viewers than a sailing case could, even one as unique as this one is.

See ya in the morning.

I didn't even bring any clothes to change into - 7PM fly out of Charleston, 7 PM fly out of Albany, so one set of stuff is enough. It was lovely to fly with just a small laptop backpack, and empty planes make air travel much easier.

Dacapo is picking me up at this airport Comfort Inn around noon so we can have lunch and a martini and then go to court. I'll post what I find out here, and if I can do it from the courtroom, I will. Not sure how good the camera set up is, or if their servers can deal with international traffic, but their archives show some important cases that would attract many times more viewers than a sailing case could, even one as unique as this one is.

See ya in the morning.

GOOD LUCK BRO

See ya in the morning.

ahhhh, so that's where you are. See you around noonish....

Well you guys make sure to go into detail about today's goings on. Unfortunetly I am heading up to PA for a funeral around the time the oral arguments kick off and will be out of the loop until tomorrow afternoon. I'll be looking to catch up. Don't let me down (Stinger) ;)

WetHog :ph34r:

Well you guys make sure to go into detail about today's goings on. Unfortunetly I am heading up to PA for a funeral around the time the oral arguments kick off and will be out of the loop until tomorrow afternoon. I'll be looking to catch up. Don't let me down (Stinger) ;)

I'll make sure to let you know what we had for lunch, what drinks we had before court and what color socks the Judges were wearing................anything else you need to know???

D: What can you do to prevent jedi mind tricks ?

CLEAN: I would like to hear a video interview after the court proceeding of SNG's representative. I bet they will be hyped up on how good their presentation was (after drinking so much SNG coolaid) and say some wacko things.

Having you there is almost as good as being their ourselves. Have a good trip !

I'm going to distract them by going to the back of the court room and masturbate........ :ph34r:

edit : while wearing a Scuttlefuck tee shirt :P

I'm going to distract them by going to the back of the court room and masturbate........ :ph34r:

Rip a big nasty fart and then point at BO..................

13 yr old schoolboy thoughts letting everyone know how serious the sayc challenge is!

13 yr old schoolboy thoughts letting everyone know how serious the sayc challenge is!

get the knot out of your panties fucktwat. Obviously YOU don't have ANY sense of humor. ferchritssake........

get the knot out of your panties fucktwat. Obviously YOU don't have ANY sense of humor. ferchritssake........

You are right -I must have lost my sense of humour not to see anything funny in those posts, maybe you and clean can wear pirates hats and a parrot on your shoulders, have fun in court and don't worry that anyone would question how serious the sayc challenge is - fucktwat indeed!

Golden Gate Yacht Club v Société Nautique De Genève - Webcast

Oral arguments in Golden Gate Yacht Club v Société Nautique De Genève, No. 25 -- a case that will determine the challenger of record for the next America's Cup yacht race -- will be webcast live on Tuesday, February 10, 2009, beginning at 2 p.m. An archived webcast of the entire proceeding will be posted on this web site the following day and will remain available for several months.

http://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

post-17804-1234276840_thumb.png

Front to Back: Judge Ciparick | Chief Judge Kaye (retired *) | Judge Graffeo

Judge Smith | Judge Jones | Judge Read | Judge Pigott

me:

* Governor Patterson has replaced Chief Judge Kaye with Jonathan Lippman

from here:

The retired chief judge of New York’s highest court appears more pleased with the governor’s choice to replace her than the governor himself.

Judith Kaye told the New York Law Journal that she is "very, very pleased" and "very excited" about the nomination of Jonathan Lippman, an appeals judge who served as Kaye’s chief administrative judge from 1996 to 2007.

me:

from here:

The retired chief judge of New York’s highest court appears more pleased with the governor’s choice to replace her than the governor himself.

Judith Kaye told the New York Law Journal that she is "very, very pleased" and "very excited" about the nomination of Jonathan Lippman, an appeals judge who served as Kaye’s chief administrative judge from 1996 to 2007.

I'm a bit disappointed that Judge Smalls isn't going to be there...................

oh wait, that's HUMOR and ro! might get pissy..........

me:

from here:

The retired chief judge of New York's highest court appears more pleased with the governor's choice to replace her than the governor himself.

Judith Kaye told the New York Law Journal that she is "very, very pleased" and "very excited" about the nomination of Jonathan Lippman, an appeals judge who served as Kaye's chief administrative judge from 1996 to 2007.

I'm a bit disappointed that Judge Smalls isn't going to be there...................

Haven't you got a chauffering job you should be getting on with, maybe you could fart in the car-that might be funny..

From here (lots more interesting info):

--

Oral arguments normally are heard Tuesday through Friday when the Court is in Albany. All sessions are open to the public. The Court is known to be "a hot bench", meaning that each of the judges has read and studied all the legal papers involved in a case prior to the appearance of arguing attorneys before them in the Courtroom. As a result, the sessions often become question-and-answer exchanges with the Judges asking the lawyers about specific legal points that relate to the argument. Some, of course, become quite lively. The "hot bench" concept accounts for the fact that seldom does a party get more than 30 minutes to discuss a position.

You are right -I must have lost my sense of humour not to see anything funny in those posts, maybe you and clean can wear pirates hats and a parrot on your shoulders, have fun in court and don't worry that anyone would question how serious the sayc challenge is - fucktwat indeed!

Umm........do you remember all those juvenile and tasteless Alinghi cartoons? And from the actual Cup holder, trustee (arguable), and on the biggest stage--much more of an indictment of Alinghi than some jovial posts from this motley crew would be to an SAYC challenge. Let's not lose perspective here, ro!

You stay classy, Alinghi.

Anyone got a direct link to the webcast for today's hearings?

Good question! It's been suggested in various places that it will be here: http://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

But I'll try find some alternate possibilities for if nothing happens there by ten minutes before go-time.

Nice color commentary, Stinger. I need to recruit you for OTW Anarchy sometime - you've got the touch.

--

Oral arguments normally are heard Tuesday through Friday when the Court is in Albany. All sessions are open to the public. The Court is known to be "a hot bench", meaning that each of the judges has read and studied all the legal papers involved in a case prior to the appearance of arguing attorneys before them in the Courtroom. As a result, the sessions often become question-and-answer exchanges with the Judges asking the lawyers about specific legal points that relate to the argument. Some, of course, become quite lively. The "hot bench" concept accounts for the fact that seldom does a party get more than 30 minutes to discuss a position.

Hmm, does that mean we might have a good ideal of which way the court is leaning by the questions asked? Probably not.

--

Kinda like playing 'pepper'.............

Nice color commentary, Stinger. I need to recruit you for OTW Anarchy sometime - you've got the touch.

It'll be all on you before long!

BTW, court rules prohibit phones being on AT ALL during the hearing. That's not to say I won't try, but I'm just letting you know. Directly after the hearing, I will try to corner whomever is there from Alinghi (I know LaTorre will be) and probably Tom Ehman or Melinda Erkelens. If you have any good questions for these kind folks, please put them up here or email them to me (clean at sailinganarchy dot com)

Am I logged into the correct website???

Excuse me, but I thought this was 'Sailing Anarchy'.......................I'm sorry, I musta got 'Sailing Bluehairs' by accident..................... :blink:

Mer got this place for I think 62 bucks last night, and I probably just ate 30 bucks worth of free eggs, coffee, bacon, waffles, frosted mini wheats, donuts, blueberries, and orange juice. God bless free buffets and no Melges 24 weigh-in on Thursday!

, maybe you and clean can wear pirates hats and a parrot on your shoulders, have fun in court and don't worry that anyone would question how serious the sayc challenge is - fucktwat indeed!

I have actually been to court before in full pirate regalia. I have also been to a Cabo jail in the same full pirate regalia. And they sure took me seriously...once I was sober enough to talk!

Check out the sponsored links:

SponsoredLinks.JPG

Umm...stingray, you realize that Google is tailoring those advertisements to your personal browsing history, right? NTTIAWWT

Umm...stingray, you realize that Google is tailoring those advertisements to your personal browsing history, right? NTTIAWWT

You're right - Must be! Don't know how 'Gay' got in there, but whatever, I'm open-minded... Lol

C of A

post-17804-1234280312_thumb.jpgpost-17804-1234280673_thumb.jpgpost-14-1110420618.jpg

post-17804-1234280766_thumb.jpg

This is conflicting with Caddy open swim and we have a gopher on the course right now otherwise I'd be there. Gotta have priorities

Edit: Actually, before someone corrects me, Open swim is at 1:00-1:15. We normally wind up doing an entire drain and sanitization of the pool immediately following - which requires my supervision.

Are we likely to get a binding decision today, or is this going to drag on for a few more months/years?

A few more years, this is just the first step.

post-17804-1234281157_thumb.jpg

Consensus is 6-8 weeks for a decision on the appeal, after which we either plan for a DOG match, plan for a multi-challenger match, or plan for a trial before Justice Kahn to determine some of the facts of the case.

BTW, court rules prohibit phones being on AT ALL during the hearing. That's not to say I won't try, but I'm just letting you know. Directly after the hearing, I will try to corner whomever is there from Alinghi (I know LaTorre will be) and probably Tom Ehman or Melinda Erkelens. If you have any good questions for these kind folks, please put them up here or email them to me (clean at sailinganarchy dot com)

Ask Paco if Erne$to is taking Mahguah seriously, or if it thinks Mahguah is all just a big joke.

Ask Paco if Erne$to is taking Mahguah seriously, or if it thinks Mahguah is all just a big joke.

Better yet, ask him if the rumors are true that Mahguah was seen headed that direction a moment ago.

Ask BO or Paco if like EB stated, this is it, 'we will not appeal'...................

(or litigate further)

And if they do, can they check the weather first............it's cold and snowy........and to check the regatta schedule also.

Ask Paco if evil Ernie knows the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, and whoever catered for those whereabouts ... reaction would be similar ;)

Ask Paco if evil Ernie knows the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, and whoever catered for those whereabouts ... reaction would be similar ;)

Giants stadium - end zone.

Gotti Family move to gain power.

It was business, nothing personal.

Simon sleeps with the fishes.

Want to try again Albi?

I take it that the webcast will kick-in when it gets to showtime?

CLEAN: I would like to hear a video interview after the court proceeding of SNG's representative. I bet they will be hyped up on how good their presentation was (after drinking so much SNG coolaid) and say some wacko things.

Ostrager photo, from cityfile:

post-17804-1234283725.jpg

I don't know if this was mentioned on here yet but Mr. Pierre has a link to the live webcast of the hearing on his site.

I don't know if this was mentioned on here yet but Mr. Pierre has a link to the live webcast of the hearing on his site.

Yes, his piece links to that site I posted too: http://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

Here's a fairly authoritative source, at American Lawyer (bold mine) but they point to a parent page here: http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/appeals/

--

Watch It Live: Barry Ostrager and Maureen Mahoney to Argue America's Cup Case

By Andrew Longstreth

February 09, 2009

As Litigation Daily readers know, another of our unaccountable passions is the litigation surrounding the 33rd America's Cup. (Click here and here for our previous coverage.) On Tuesday at 2 p.m., we'll be able to watch it unfold live. The New York Court of Appeals (the state's highest court) is planning to Webcast oral arguments in the case of Golden Gate Yacht Club v. Société Nautique De Genève, which will determine the challenger of record for the next America's Cup, scheduled for 2010.

Given the legal talent involved, it should be worth watching. Appellate ace Maureen Mahoney of Latham & Watkins will be arguing for the Golden Gate Yacht Club, whose BMW Oracle Racing team claims that it is the rightful challenger for the Cup. Barry Ostrager, head of the litigation department at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, will be arguing for the current holder of the Cup, Société Nautique de Genève, whose Alinghi syndicate chose Club Nautico Espanol de Vela as the challenger of record for the 2010 race. David Rivkin of Debevoise & Plimpton, who represents Club Nautico Espanol, will also be allotted time during oral arguments at the court of appeals. Right now, Ostrager and Rivkin have the upper hand: In July, the New York State Supreme Court issued a 3-to-2 ruling in favor of SNG.

For a nice backgrounder on the fiercely fought litigation, check out this piece from Monday's International Herald Tribune.

--

A little intro to the way an appeal works: The NY Court of Appeals operates a bit like the US Supreme Court - the parties are given a chance to make their claim, but they are frequently interrupted by the judges who are looking to clarify issues from both the written briefs and record and from the attorney's verbal argument. Often the Q & A takes up most of the lawyer's time at the microphone.

You can definitely gauge the judges' interest in specific issues, but I lack anything like the experience necessary to really read which way they lean. Sometimes an appeal has an obvious winner, and the judges go after the strong argument the hardest. Anyway, it all depends on the flow.

Also, keep in mind that the judges are very aware of how much international interest there is in this case as well as strong opinions among the powerful NY legal community. They like to minimize their possibilities of screwing it up, so they will likely have prepared very well for this case.

me:

from here:

My new understanding is that Patterson's nominee J. Lipmann has not yet been approved by the State Senate so there will only be the other six until then. If it is a 3-3 vote, they will re-argue the case at a later date when they have all seven.

<sarcasm on> Great. An even-numbered appellate panel. That's a good idea. <sarcasm off>

Our girl Maureen Mahoney.....

post-14813-1234284820.jpg

I wonder.................MAHoney...........MAHGUAH................... :blink:

Wiki: Maureen Mahoney

From the Bio at LLP:

Maureen E. Mahoney

Partner

Practices

Appellate

Public International Law

Bar Qualifications

District of Columbia

Virginia

Education

JD, University of Chicago Law School, 1978

With Honors; Order of the Coif; Member, University of Chicago Law Review

BA, Indiana University, 1974

Highest Honors; Phi Beta Kappa

Experience

Maureen Mahoney is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins, and leads the firm's appellate and constitutional practice. Ms. Mahoney originally joined the firm in 1980, but left in 1991 to accept an appointment as a United States Deputy Solicitor General. During her tenure in the Solicitor General's Office, President Bush nominated Ms. Mahoney to fill a vacancy on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, but the Senate did not act on her nomination prior to the election. Ms. Mahoney returned to the partnership of Latham & Watkins in 1993.

Ms. Mahoney has handled a broad range of constitutional and appellate litigation in the Supreme Court and other courts throughout the country, representing clients as varied as the United States House of Representatives, Union Pacific Railroad Company and the Government of Saudi Arabia. Recently ranked by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the top five lawyers in Washington, D.C., Ms. Mahoney has also been named one of the 50 Most Influential Women Lawyers in America by The National Law Journal, which recognized her "stellar career in high court advocacy." During the 2006 Term of the Supreme Court, she argued four cases - more than any other advocate in private practice. The American Lawyer has described her appellate group as "peerless." Chambers USA reports that lawyers have described her as "a truly gifted advocate" with "phenomenal success at getting the Supreme Court to accept cases."

Ms. Mahoney represented the University of Michigan before the Supreme Court and won the landmark case upholding the constitutionality of admissions programs that consider race as one of many factors in order to attain the educational benefits of a diverse student body. The Legal Times reported that this ruling was a "personal win" for Ms. Mahoney and called her "a skilled appellate advocate, unruffled and poised." The Daily Journal awarded Ms. Mahoney the "Best Oral Argument" in the individual category accolade for that Supreme Court term and went on to say that she "withstood withering questioning from Justice Antonin Scalia while stressing the points relied upon by O'Connor in her opinion for the 5-4 court." In 2005, she successfully argued on behalf of Arthur Andersen in a Supreme Court challenge to the firm's criminal conviction. The Legal Times described the argument in Andersen as "one of the term's best."

Ms. Mahoney argued her first case before the Supreme Court in 1988, when the Court specially selected her to argue a case. She won the case in a 5-4 decision, and the American Lawyer reported that "her presentation was so well-schooled, poised, and disciplined that, according to one justice, the justices passed notes among themselves during the argument praising Mahoney and asking questions about her background." In 1993, Ms. Mahoney successfully defended a highly publicized challenge to US immigration policies. The American Lawyer reported that Ms. Mahoney used "forensic magic" in the argument, and David Broder's Washington Post column called her argument "superb." She also represented the House of Representatives in its successful Supreme Court challenge to the Commerce Department's plans for the use of sampling in the 2000 census.

Ms. Mahoney is a member of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers and the American College of Trial Lawyers. She has been recognized as a leading appellate lawyer by the Legal Times and Chambers USA. Most recently, Ms. Mahoney was cited as one of the leading Appellate Litigation lawyers in the Washington, D.C. market by Chambers & Partners in its 2008 Global Directory and described as "A truly gifted advocate who would make anyone's shortlist." The National Law Journal identified her as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America and named her runner-up for "Lawyer of the Year" in 2007, second only to Pakistan Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. Ms. Mahoney received the prestigious Rex Lee Advocacy Award from the J. Rueben Clark Law Society. She serves as a member of the Advisory Board of The William H. Rehnquist Center on the Constitutional Structures of Government, as a member of the Advisory Committee on Appellate Rules to the United States Judicial Conference, and on the Executive Committee of the Supreme Court Historical Society.

Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Mahoney served as a law clerk to the Honorable William H. Rehnquist (then Associate Justice) and Seventh Circuit Judge Robert Sprecher.

Links

* Latham Advocate was a High Court Leader

* The 50 Women to Watch

* Big Guns: Washington's Top 30 Lawyers

Articles

* Legal Times Identifies Twelve of the D.C. Area's Top Appellate Litigators

Publications

* The Supreme Court Clarifies the Original Source Rule in Qui Tam Cases: Rockwell International Corp.

Anyone see the live webcast link up yet?

Any SA'ers in the house yet?

If you haven't had a chance to watch the TV show, "Damages" I recommend you do so. I nice illustration of how high-stakes litigation can work sometimes. The first season is on Hulu.

Not sure why I'm reminded of it right now, but I am. Maybe because Maureen is blonde and a bit mean looking like Glenn Close's character.

Hold on a sec, WTF I'm 2 hours early!!!

Is anyone having problems viewing the archived webcasts?? I haven't been able to open them. The Windows Media player pops up but it's unable to connect.

Is it a browser issue (Windows XP, Firefox 3)?

Thanks

Is anyone having problems viewing the archived webcasts?? I haven't been able to open them.

Thanks

I can't even find the (direct) link!

Edit: I think, I'm an hour early.

Is anyone having problems viewing the archived webcasts?? I haven't been able to open them.

Thanks

I can't even find the (direct) link!

MAHGUAH_SCALPS_P...

Feb 4 2009, 05:06 AM

Post #14

Anarchist

Group: Members

Member No.: 34407

Court of Appeals

State of New York

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009

2:00 P.M.

No. Title Argued by Mins.

25 GOLDEN GATE YACHT CLUB v SOCIETE

NAUTIQUE DE GENEVE

(A) Maureen E. Mahoney 15 MIN

® Barry R. Ostrager 13 MIN

(IR) David W. Rivkin 7 MIN

http://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

Golden Gate Yacht Club v Société Nautique De Genève - Webcast

Oral arguments in Golden Gate Yacht Club v Société Nautique De Genève, No. 25 -- a case that will determine the challenger of record for the next America's Cup yacht race -- will be webcast live on Tuesday, February 10, 2009, beginning at 2 p.m. An archived webcast of the entire proceeding will be posted on this web site the following day and will remain available for several months.

Front to Back: Judge Ciparick | Chief Judge Kaye (retired) | Judge Graffeo

MAHGUAH POST THIS ALL LAST WEEK ALL INFO-HERE--AGAIN

Edit: I think, I'm an hour early.

Yes, we don't expect the live link until ten minutes before, 50 minutes from now.

Is anyone having problems viewing the archived webcasts?? I haven't been able to open them. The Windows Media player pops up but it's unable to connect.

Thanks

I tested all the latest of the below & they work

Chrome

IE

FF

Safari

Opera

I would except that they might have some problems at the beginning as the world of sailing logs on the NYCS CoA site

I'm guessing the proceedings will look a little like this prior one: http://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/taylorpm1.asx

But with slightly more interesting subject matter..

Wow, we'll get a really good view of the justices, BO and MM with this, not some grainy security cam looking vid.

edit: Clean and DaCapo - start waving at 1:50 pm.

WOW!!!! Look at the history in the room there. All the pics, wood & etc. Unbelieveable!!!

Anyone notice that the chairs the lawyers sit in don't look all that comfortable. Those chairs must be at least 45 years old.

Our girl Maureen Mahoney.....

I wonder.................MAHoney...........MAHGUAH................... :blink:

This could be Larry's reverse Jedi Lawyer trick.

He gets the brilliant, yet stylish hottie to present the case for GGYC, while Erne$to has an old bloated bag of wind trying to keep his personal house of cards together.

btw - did you hear Ostragler insult the NPR reporter the other day when he refused to answer her question and instead said "if you want to ask an intelligent question...."

A lawyer with alot of big case experience in Federal courts recently told me that at this level, Judges are basically human lie detectors.

Big Bad Barely Legal comes across with such a bad case of Mad Cow, I'll be suprised if he just flat out doesn't say "DENNY CRANE", and then tries to put the moves on Judge Ciparick.

Thanks

I am having the same problem with IE/windows media player on XP.

In my case I may be limitted by the company's proxy server.

Edit: Oh cool, I fixed up the proxy settings and it now works.

Fresh at Forbes, Inside The Billionaire Boat Battle

excerpt:

--

Ellison's Objection

The current legal jousting began soon after Bertarelli's Alinghi syndicate won the Cup for the second time in July 2007, and Ellison complained the Swiss yachtsman violated the Deed of Gift (or DoG as it is known by sailors) by naming a patsy as Challenger of Record. That club, Club Náutico Español de Vela, seems to have been created specifically for the purpose of negotiating the terms of the next Cup with Bertarelli and hadn't held an annual regatta prior to being named challenger.

Ellison's high-priced lawyers convinced a New York trial court in May of last year to invalidate CNEV's challenge and place Oracle in that role instead. At that point, Ellison began building a 90-foot trimaran, nicknamed "DoGZilla" because it complies with the default rules in the Deed of Gift.

But in a surprising turn, an appeals court two months later reversed the lower court, finding that the Deed of Gift didn't say what it appears to say. Instead of "having" an annual regatta, three judges of the five-judge panel decided the deed meant a club merely had to intend to hold a regatta at some point in the future.

The ruling strikes litigator Cory E. Friedman, a sailor and commentator on the America's Cup legal battle, as strained and possibly vulnerable to being overturned yet again.

"The majority decision looks like the dissent," Friedman says. "It's pretty clear the dissent is the better-written opinion, but somehow they lost the vote."

In the hearing this afternoon, Ellison's lawyers will attempt to persuade the six judges on New York's Court of Appeals--the equivalent of the Supreme Court in other states--that Schuyler meant to restrict challenges to organized clubs with a history of running annual regattas. A decision is expected within a month. If he wins, Ellison will be free to force Bertarelli into a match against his DoGZilla, which has an anticipated top speed of more than 40 mph (historically, winning boats clocked in at about 20 mph), as early as January.

But Ellison maintains that's not what he wants. Over drinks in the Trophy Room of the New York Yacht Club, a magnificent space crammed with models of past America's Cup yachts, Ellison's consigliore in yachting matters, Tom Ehman, maintains DoGZilla is a bargaining chip.

"It's like star wars--a defensive measure," says Ehman. "We gave Bertarelli those dimensions and got the guys off designing, never imagining he wouldn't negotiate with us."

Bertarelli's camp says Ellison is trying to preserve the one advantage he holds: an unlimited wallet.

The court fight "is so Larry Ellison can race his decamillion-dollar trimaran in a Deed of Gift match that will have absolutely no participation by anybody," says Barry Ostrager, the Simpson Thatcher lawyer representing Alinghi.

While the litigation is dispiriting, it doesn't surprise John Rousmaniere, yachtsman and author of Fastnet Force 10 and three books on the history of the America's Cup.

"It's one rich guy and another rich guy and some rules written 160 years ago," says Rousmaniere. "If you're going to play this game, you've got to be prepared to race tomorrow."

--

30 minutes to showtime...............20 til feed time.

Big Bad Barely Legal comes across with such a bad case of Mad Cow, I'll be suprised if he just flat out doesn't say "DENNY CRANE", and then tries to put the moves on Judge Ciparick.

My first laugh of the day. Thanks.

Maureen is not a bad loking lady at all even if she did graduate law school when I was 6.

Just sent some piccies to the ed and michaelson...in the court now. Looks like jimmy spithill came to play.

SA ALWAYS GETS THE INSIDE NEWS...

Just minutes ago inside the courtroom... :ph34r:

And just minutes ago on the steps of the Courthouse...

NY_COURTS.jpg

If anyone would have told me a year ago, I would be watching a live stream from a court room in NY...

Kostecki, spithill. Ehman in front of us, latorre on the other side. NYYC commodore ahead, alessandra too. Maureen arguing now, establishing unambiguity. Court hammering away.