Dr. Laura Under the PHRF Gun

MR.CLEAN

This came out in the Santa Barbara thread - from the January PHRF SoCal meeting minutes:

Chief Handicapper's Report:

1. STING, USA55 (J92S) Chuck Brewer – Request for Rating Review – First Reading

Chuck and Carl Swaisgood represented the boat. They handed out extensive information on how the boat is

being reworked. Chuck explained that the former owner, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, had “gutted” it, removing

the forward tank, head and much more. He plans it to restore it to the original configuration. He requested

the board re-rate the boat as a standard J92S rating like in the rest of the country. The PHRF Chief

Handicapper asked several questions and so did other board members about the repairs. Until the parts

come from the factory they are using weights to compensate for the missing tank etc. The men were

excused and an extensive discussion began. The PHRF Chief Handicapper explained to the new board

members that SO CAL PHRF rates performance boats more harshly than the rest of the country so to

restore this boat to a rating like in other parts of the US would not be consistent with the way that other

performance boats are rated in SO CAL. The discussion continued and concluded with a decision to table a

rating change until the owner finishes restoring the boat and gets some race data to support his request.

The board then took up a discussion of the former owner’s changes to the boat without notifying PHRF of

Southern California. The discussion concluded with the decision to require the former owner to come in for

a disciplinary hearing. The PHRF Judge Advocate will write a letter to her reminding her that she must

notify PHRF when making such changes to her other boats and requiring that she or her representative

come in for a disciplinary hearing. The Fleet Secretary was tasked with organizing all documentation on

STING and sending it to the Judge Advocate.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This came out in the Santa Barbara thread - from the January PHRF SoCal meeting minutes:

Chuck and Carl Swaisgood represented the boat. They handed out extensive information on how the boat is

being reworked. Chuck explained that the former owner, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, had “gutted” it, removing

the forward tank, head and much more. He plans it to restore it to the original configuration. He requested

the board re-rate the boat as a standard J92S rating like in the rest of the country. The PHRF Chief

Handicapper asked several questions and so did other board members about the repairs. Until the parts

come from the factory they are using weights to compensate for the missing tank etc. The men were

excused and an extensive discussion began. The PHRF Chief Handicapper explained to the new board

members that SO CAL PHRF rates performance boats more harshly than the rest of the country so to

restore this boat to a rating like in other parts of the US would not be consistent with the way that other

performance boats are rated in SO CAL. The discussion continued and concluded with a decision to table a

rating change until the owner finishes restoring the boat and gets some race data to support his request.

The board then took up a discussion of the former owner’s changes to the boat without notifying PHRF of

Southern California. The discussion concluded with the decision to require the former owner to come in for

a disciplinary hearing. The PHRF Judge Advocate will write a letter to her reminding her that she must

notify PHRF when making such changes to her other boats and requiring that she or her representative

come in for a disciplinary hearing. The Fleet Secretary was tasked with organizing all documentation on

What an asshat she is. We had a guy in WLIS 10 years ago--found that he had a carbon rudder on his J/41 instead of the stock glass one--he told the PHRF committee that the yard made the change and that he didn't know (yeah right)--- he was suspended from racing for a year. If she gutted the entire interior--she should be thrown out of racing.

Unfortunately--she could have put a jet engine on a J/92S and it wouldn't have helped. That boat is a dog.

What an asshat she is. We had a guy in WLIS 10 years ago--found that he had a carbon rudder on his J/41 instead of the stock glass one--he told the PHRF committee that the yard made the change and that he didn't know (yeah right)--- he was suspended from racing for a year. If she gutted the entire interior--she should be thrown out of racing.

10 years ago? Wow.. it only seems like yesterday when someone went and took core samples to confirm what that guy did to his J/41.

10 years ago? Wow.. it only seems like yesterday when someone went and took core samples to confirm what that guy did to his J/41.

If I recall correctly--somebody (whose initials were S.B.) found the stock (glass) rudder in the shed at Consolidated--and dimed him out to the PHRF honchos

I could be wrong, but I believe she had pros optimize the boat for her. I really don't think she had/has the knowledge required to direct those changes but again, I could be wrong about that too.

And it's possible that someone else made reccomendations to her, she okayed it, they told her she had to notify phrf but she did not. But that kinda doesn't make sense because I'd think that she'd be represented by someone else during the rating review for precisely the same reason: she might not have the knowledge required to adequately represent herself.

I really hate to say it, but I'm sort of leery of believing this outright based upon other inaccurate accusations made by the poster in the past. Sorry Clean, but you've made your own bed as far as credibility.

Before we jump all over her lets get the whole factual story in front of us. I'm reminded of another thread which (apparently falsely) accused the good doctor of not rounding a mark.

Word for word from the SOCAL PHRF website. Clean is right on this one.

I could be wrong, but I believe she had pros optimize the boat for her. I really don't think she had/has the knowledge required to direct those changes but again, I could be wrong about that too.

And it's possible that someone else made reccomendations to her, she okayed it, they told her she had to notify phrf but she did not. But that kinda doesn't make sense because I'd think that she'd be represented by someone else during the rating review for precisely the same reason: she might not have the knowledge required to adequately represent herself.

I really hate to say it, but I'm sort of leery of believing this outright based upon other inaccurate accusations made by the poster in the past. Sorry Clean, but you've made your own bed as far as credibility.

Before we jump all over her lets get the whole factual story in front of us. I'm reminded of another thread which (apparently falsely) accused the good doctor of not rounding a mark.

yeah, old chuck ought not point fingers as his old ride (corel 45) had an extra large JT well over the standard headsail dimensions. This could be considered a loophole as the boat was not rated in its OD config... he was not the only one with this type of rig setup

PHRF so cal is truly a joke

\ I'm sort of leery of believing this outright based upon other inaccurate accusations made by the poster in the past.

Didn't accuse anything, walter. Just copied/pasted the meeting minutes. Read 'em yourself - the link is in the OP.

that is funny---the guy I mentioned said "the yard did it without my knowledge"--whether you believed him or not--as the owner (and PHRF cerificate holder)--the committee said HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS BOAT--case closed!

\ I'm sort of leery of believing this outright based upon other inaccurate accusations made by the poster in the past.

Didn't accuse anything, walter. Just copied/pasted the meeting minutes. Read 'em yourself - the link is in the OP.

You're right. I hereby clarify that you did not accuse her.

But perhaps reporting this before the ultimate findings are made damages a reputation unjustly: as I said before maybe someone else completed and was responsible for reporting the mods. Again, does she have the knowledge required to orchestrate this?

It's equally possible that she is quilty as sin or completely unknowing. Lets wait & see what the phrf guys determine before we determine guilt.

In the meantime, someone please post "those" photos! That is something she can't deny!

Most areas rate the 92S at 99. I'll need to find it again but the last ratings I saw for Sting averaged 84. If correct, that should pay for any weight mod's. There's no way that boat, no matter how stripped, could consistently sail to an 84 rating (even with KK whispering in the Dr.'s ear). At some point all you're doing when removing weight on the 92S is shortening the LWL and since the boat doesn't plane, LWL starts to matter more than weight.

The real issue is what was removed and whether it was disclosed. I'll bet KK comes out fine on this and we just have new owners who are trying too hard to have their way with the board. That said, the board should consider having their meeting aboard Warrior . . .

My 2 cents.

Key sentence from the original post:

He requested the board re-rate the boat as a standard J92S rating like in the rest of the country.

Excuse my ignorance of SOCAL PHRF, but this would make it appear that the boat was given a lower rating at some point because of some mods. Or does SOCAL PHRF normally rate sport boats 15 seconds per mile faster than the rest of the nation?

I'm no fan of the dear Doc, but based on the above, there must be more to the story.

(Is a 92S really considered a sport boat? I know, I know, it has a sprit...)

Duh! I know it's not a defense, but it might cast the transgression in a different light if unknowing.

If it was knowing I'd support a lifetime ban for her, or anybody else. Let 'em go race IRC. (and good luck with that)

It's a 30 footer that weighs three tons. Do the math.

I have the older design 92 and it took some explaining to the PHRF committee that the sprit and assymetrics don't make it plane. It's a great boat, but a sport boat it's not.

Duh! I know it's not a defense, but it might cast the transgression in a different light if unknowing.

If it was knowing I'd support a lifetime ban for her, or anybody else. Let 'em go race IRC. (and good luck with that)

Different light??!!??

Are you kidding me?

How does this get around the base responsiblity of an owner for his boat and crew....

I have the older design 92 and it took some explaining to the PHRF committee that the sprit and assymetrics don't make it plane. It's a great boat, but a sport boat it's not.

So, what's it rate?

So, what's it rate?

I'm not used to taking that question literally around here but the answer is 105, just about everywhere. J/Boats (and most boards) think the 92S is 6 sec./mile faster but without a genoa on the 92S, that is proving not to be the case.

Malpractice

It looks like everyone's favorite moralist and phony physician Dr. Laura Schlesinger is under the gun again, this time facing disciplinary action from her local PHRF fleet. It seems the new owners of the good doc's J/92s disclosed to their local board that all sorts of modifications were made on the boat and never disclosed to PHRF. Gutted heads, dummy faucets, and all sorts of stripping out were found on the boat – is winning a yacht race really worth it?

Dr. L's J/125 has been getting work done for the past few months as well – it may be time to check that one over. From n00b (yeah, right) “voiceofreason”:

“This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulating their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.”

We will update you when we find out more from Ms. “Now Do The Right Thing.”

I do not know who this Dr Person is, but reading through the rant on E-anarchy, it sounded just like what Scot did to the FT 10 when it arrived <_< Brought in lots of Professionals, non Class sails, lots of time in the shed etc to get hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats.

So, what's it rate?

I'm not used to taking that question literally around here but the answer is 105, just about everywhere. J/Boats (and most boards) think the 92S is 6 sec./mile faster but without a genoa on the 92S, that is proving not to be the case.

Very intersting. Thanks, and good luck on the race course!

So, do all 92Ss rate 84 in SOCAL, or is her boat the only one. <Edit> Sorry, her ex-boat...

Malpractice

It looks like everyone's favorite moralist and phony physician Dr. Laura Schlesinger is under the gun again, this time facing disciplinary action from her local PHRF fleet. It seems the new owners of the good doc's J/92s disclosed to their local board that all sorts of modifications were made on the boat and never disclosed to PHRF. Gutted heads, dummy faucets, and all sorts of stripping out were found on the boat – is winning a yacht race really worth it?

Dr. L's J/125 has been getting work done for the past few months as well – it may be time to check that one over. From n00b (yeah, right) “voiceofreason”:

“This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulating their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.”

We will update you when we find out more from Ms. “Now Do The Right Thing.”

I do not know who this Dr Person is, but reading through the rant on E-anarchy, it sounded just like what Scot did to the FT 10 when it arrived <_< Brought in lots of Professionals, non Class sails, lots of time in the shed etc to get hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats.

"Dr" Laura is a darling of the conservative radio circuit. She does a call in show on psychological and life advice and dispenses what conservatives call "tough compassion". In reality it is a rather harsh mix of blame the victim in the guis of "personal responsibility" and pontification about how one ALWAYS must follow the rules and laws regardless of how detrimental they may be.

THIS contrasted with how she apparently has run her sailboat racing program - denying personal responsibility and pushing the rating rules to the point of cheating - is what leaves the biggest bad taste in many mouths.

Note- prepping the bottom, fairing the foils - none of that is illegal under PHRF. Depending on the region, taking out optional cruising gear and coushins is acceptable (here in the PNW, many CRUISERS pull their coushins when they are not actively sailing because of our mold and mildew problem).

BUT stripping out heads, removing plumbing and otherwise removing FIXED STOCK objects and components is NOT. And THAT is what the good doctor is accused of doing.

That's the kind of "rules pushing" you see in the NFL and the America's Cup. Its not what "Corinthian" sailing is supposed to be about

...perhaps reporting this before the ultimate findings are made damages a reputation unjustly...

Public document, moot point.

The only point this thread makes is that you are an ass hat.

That you can go around telling the world that you represent the greatest sailing blog on planet earth and then use the forum (you and ED) to air the dirty laundry of your tiff with Dr. Laura is pathetic.

To everyone else: maybe she did, maybe she didn't; we'll all find out in the end. For now the only news is somebody wants to replace the missing head on their boat (I know where Clean's head is). And then they want a better rating (what else is new).

h

...perhaps reporting this before the ultimate findings are made damages a reputation unjustly...

That you can go around telling the world that you represent the greatest sailing blog on planet earth and then use the forum (you and ED) to air the dirty laundry of your tiff with Dr. Laura is pathetic.

To everyone else: maybe she did, maybe she didn't; we'll all find out in the end. For now the only news is somebody wants to replace the missing head on their boat (I know where Clean's head is). And then they want a better rating (what else is new).

h

Heckler,

Obviously, you either a- have something against Clean and Ed, or b- you have something to gain by supporting Dr. Laura, or c- both. But either way, I suggest you crawl back under your rock. Remember, this is not the first time that Dr. L might have been found wanting in the morals/ethics department.

Maybe this is the second time. Maybe it isn't. But it seems to me that if it appeared in the PHRF notes that it's not different than posting a Press Release. From your self-serving perspective, maybe you should be glad that they didn't post it on the front page.

h

Clearly SoCal PHRF is using their website to air the dirty laundry of their tiff with Dr. Laura. You are a genius!

"She's a bitch, she's a snitch, she's a queer" (lyrics taken from a song I co-wrote) She's so damn homophobic it's criminal.

That aside, I doubt she knew enough of the optimization to notify the committee. She's either dumb as a rock or cunningly smart. You choose.

It'll be interesting to hear the conclusion to this.

Stirring up shit again I see Clean. Thought KWRW had cured you of that? Hell, let's bring back the "Beat up Lief Beiley" debate while we're visiting history. Slow news day?

Expiring Minds Want to No (sic)

Stirring up shit again I see Clean. Thought KWRW had cured you of that? Hell, let's bring back the "Beat up Lief Beiley" debate while we're visiting history. Slow news day?

There's no cure for what I've got - but I didn't realize that a January 2009 PHRF meeting was really that historical just yet.

Heckler,

Obviously, you either a- have something against Clean and Ed, or b- you have something to gain by supporting Dr. Laura, or c- both. But either way, I suggest you crawl back under your rock. Remember, this is not the first time that Dr. L might have been found wanting in the morals/ethics department.

Maybe this is the second time. Maybe it isn't. But it seems to me that if it appeared in the PHRF notes that it's not different than posting a Press Release. From your self-serving perspective, maybe you should be glad that they didn't post it on the front page.

Anthony,

For the public record:

I couldn't care less (really) about Dr. Laura. I've never met her, I've never seen her on TV or listened to her on the radio and I'm never going to sail a 92S or a J125; I probably wouldn't even know who she was if the Ed didn't have a spread all over this forum beef with her. And that's where this stems from. Some radio host friction. She probably belittled the Ed for not being Nationally successful. Plus she's a conservative. For Clean to bring it up is amateur.

I think cheaters suck. And dopes. And asshats. But let's be fair. I believe Ken Read has been caught cheating back in the day. And he was already the World Champ. The Etchells modified their rules because of KR. Did you know that? RAH RAH Puma! But you do know that Dr. L might have cheated, we're not sure.

The new owners, if you missed it, are trying to get a more than favorable ratings change; Dr. L was their scapegoat. They sort of sound like weenies.

My point was, regardless of whether or not Dr. L is a good person or not, she should at the least be formally accused of something if not convicted before we waste a lot of time bashing her. If you read my post again: maybe she is. Let's just wait for some facts. Clean's not so good with facts, takes too much time.

As to the morals/ethics department; keep an eye on Mr. Super Clean.

h

First, could someone answer the question, what does a J92S rate down there?

Second, the more important question is did she or did she not declare the changes made to her boat?

Look at this: A man looking for some facts. In a thread started by Clean no less.

h

Second, the more important question is did she or did she not declare the changes made to her boat?

Look at this: A man looking for some facts. In a thread started by Clean no less.

h

Look Gary, I'm sorry for always ripping on you. I promise not to make fun of your videos for at least a month. I know you're a sensitive old guy.

Also, there was the thread about the time she actually didn't round the mark.

h

If I remember rightly, ED and Clean were trying to woo the Dr for an SA Innerview a year or so back and had succeeded except for the fact that the forum (you and me) chucked so much shit at her that she pulled out of the whole thing. I admit that I was one of the guilty for posting her tits on here, but, no way can you point the finger at Clean or the ED for running a hate campaign against her. If anything they tried to draw her into the camp and she was the one who turned it down.

Do you just spend your days looking for threads you can bash Clean on? That's a fairly pathetic existence.

The answer is, no I don't.

But I have seen Clean in action and I do have an opinion. And though it may not seem it, I have held back considerably in my criticism of him. I think he is a menace. And I think more people should pay closer attention to how Clean operates and call him on it from time to time. That's just my opinion.

h

And I think more people should pay closer attention to how Clean operates and call him on it from time to time.

Well, you sound just like him there. Another fucking crusader who thinks he making a difference.

Do you just spend your days looking for threads you can bash Clean on? That's a fairly pathetic existence.

But I have seen Clean in action and I do have an opinion. And though it may not seem it, I have held back considerably in my criticism of him. I think he is a menace. And I think more people should pay closer attention to how Clean operates and call him on it from time to time. That's just my opinion.

h

I love the "he(Clean) is a menace" comment but shouldn't you have gone further ? I mean, wouldn't " Clean is a menace to all that we hold dear, life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. His existence endangers our way of life and I have it on good authority that he is a witch, " work better ?

I think Clean would agree with your " Clean is a menace comment." Maybe that should be his new tagline. something like " I'm a menace and I'm not wearing pants !!"

Now would someone please post the Dr Laura's forest pics ?

Well, you just just like him there. Another fucking crusader who thinks he making a difference.

No no, you've got me wrong. I'm not a crusader (nasty bunch, look 'em up) and I have no desire to or delusions of making a difference. I'm just a dope with a little free time, pointing out the asshat and calling BS.

h

h

I love the "he(Clean) is a menace" comment but shouldn't you have gone further ? I mean, wouldn't " Clean is a menace to all that we hold dear, life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. His existence endangers our way of life and I have it on good authority that he is a witch, " work better ?

I think Clean would agree with your " Clean is a menace comment." Maybe that should be his new tagline. something like " I'm a menace and I'm not wearing pants !!"

Now would someone please post the Dr Laura's forest pics ?

Please don't

Don't be such an asshat

Grow up

Well, you just just like him there. Another fucking crusader who thinks he making a difference.

No no, you've got me wrong. I'm not a crusader (nasty bunch, look 'em up) and I have no desire to or delusions of making a difference. I'm just a dope with a little free time, pointing out the asshat and calling BS.

h

Gotcha.

There's no cure for what I've got - but I didn't realize that a January 2009 PHRF meeting was really that historical just yet.

HAY CLEAN

(1) What a Facking Jerk Doing a Cut & Paste from the PHRF website and calling it NEWS :o

(2) What a Facking Jerk making up all that stuff about Dock L. because she ain't a sponsor :o

At this point can anyone really expect anything different from from the PeeNut gallery that is these forums :lol:

CLEAN we both (all for that matter) know that regardless of what you do and from what point you speak - It's a pack of biting hounds who'll reply ;)

I know the Dock will "© do the right thing" it's her saying so you know it'll happen

people with that much power can and should be trusted :wacko:

whichisit.JPG

Being naturally clueless as I am, I have a question:

1. Stinger had a bunch of crap removed (including the crapper.)

2. Stinger got hit with a rating change (rates as a faster boat now.)

3. New owner putting crap back into Stinger.

4. New owner requests original, unmodified rating.

Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Dr. Laura (that intolerant priveledged twunt) or her agent changed the boat and it got re-rated.

404 - cheating not found.

I think Dr. Laura represents everything that is rotten with all the selfishly greedy in the world but I don't see any fault with modifying a boat and getting it re-rated.

that is funny---the guy I mentioned said "the yard did it without my knowledge"--whether you believed him or not--as the owner (and PHRF cerificate holder)--the committee said HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS BOAT--case closed!

Wasn't there a certain J 29 sailor with a balanced rudder that claimed the same thing a few years ago!

heckler, where the fuck do you GET this stuff ? - It's a complete load, and not even complete sentences.

I think cheaters suck. And dopes. And asshats. But let's be fair. I believe Ken Read has been caught cheating back in the day. And he was already the World Champ. The Etchells modified their rules because of KR. Did you know that?

What rule did the Etchells class change ?

The famous KR "incident" - he got flicked after winning a big J-24 regatta - was because they had re-cored a soft hatch in the cockpit of his J (everybody remember when they still had hatches back there ?) . Turned out thier hatch was HEAVIER than stock (so hardly a competitive advantage) - but still was deemed illegal.

Your casting of aspersions on good people is what sucks, you twerp.

heckler, where the fuck do you GET this stuff ? - It's a complete load, and not even complete sentences.

I think cheaters suck. And dopes. And asshats. But let's be fair. I believe Ken Read has been caught cheating back in the day. And he was already the World Champ. The Etchells modified their rules because of KR. Did you know that?

The famous KR "incident" - he got flicked after winning a big J-24 regatta - was because they had re-cored a soft hatch in the cockpit of his J (everybody remember when they still had hatches back there ?) . Turned out thier hatch was HEAVIER than stock (so hardly a competitive advantage) - but still was deemed illegal.

I'm not going to defend anything heckler says, cause he's a dope, but KR has had many transgressions over the years that have crossed the boundaries of good sportsmanship. And no, I'm not getting into them here.

Keel to hull joint radius.

You know what? This is why I am no longer racing in Southern California.

For an entire season, we were harangued by the back of the fleet for having a soft rating, and I am learning that the guys in the front, with us were "cheating their asses off"...rumors are flying that one boat, with a stock one-design certificate had a non-standard rudder and an oversized main...

Frankly, I've had it with all of this. I've moved my boat to NorCal. I will select to do IRC "Endorced Certificate" required races or other measured rule races, like Transpac.

...or you could race OD

what a great fleet

For an entire season, we were harangued by the back of the fleet for having a soft rating, and I am learning that the guys in the front, with us were "cheating their asses off"...rumors are flying that one boat, with a stock one-design certificate had a non-standard rudder and an oversized main...

Frankly, I've had it with all of this. I've moved my boat to NorCal. I will select to do IRC "Endorced Certificate" required races or other measured rule races, like Transpac.

...or you could race OD

what a great fleet

Yeah, join a OD fleet and race against people who lighten or otherwise modify their boats in ways that the class rules may or may not (probably not!) approve.

Then there's the issue of class rules that deliberately make a boat either less structurally sound, or in some cases less safe .... yeah pick your OD fleet carefully!

FB- Doug

I think there was a reasonable amount of evidence from eyewitnesses that at the worst place that assertion in doubt, and at best show that it was completely false.

I think there was a reasonable amount of evidence from eyewitnesses that at the worst place that assertion in doubt, and at best show that it was completely false.

You are probably referring to the Santa Barbara Dr. Laura missed the mark allegation.

I was referring to the Marina Del Rey Dr. Laura missed the mark incident. No ambiguity whatsoever.

You are probably referring to the Santa Barbara Dr. Laura missed the mark allegation.

I was referring to the Marina Del Rey Dr. Laura missed the mark incident. No ambiguity whatsoever.

Dr. Laura is infallible. Therefore, the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of her paid crew.

I can't find a consensus here. Who should be keelhauled (pick no more than two): Dr. Laura, KK, or PHRF?

The bush? What about the bush?

Bush is a Moron!

Wait a minute.

How can a bush be a moron?

WTF?

...or you could race OD

what a great fleet

Yeah, join a OD fleet and race against people who lighten or otherwise modify their boats in ways that the class rules may or may not (probably not!) approve.

Then there's the issue of class rules that deliberately make a boat either less structurally sound, or in some cases less safe .... yeah pick your OD fleet carefully!

FB- Doug

lemme guess; you've been doing some OD racing, but you haven't been winning. how am I doing so far?

Listen, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but,

To answer your first question; I get out. illustrated by the fact that, despite my prolificacy today, you post almost 7 times more often. Plus, you live in Hawaii, which is beautiful but which also means you don't get out much. And complete sentences aren't a requirement of SA, are they?

Your KR flicked story also illustrates this (not getting out much).

KR is a lot of things, good people is not one of them. I'd respond to you, of all people, calling me names; but for now Alan Block is the target.

h

Listen, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but,

To answer your first question; I get out. illustrated by the fact that, despite my prolificacy today, you post almost 7 times more often. Plus, you live in Hawaii, which is beautiful but which also means you don't get out much. And complete sentences aren't a requirement of SA, are they?

Your KR flicked story also illustrates this (not getting out much).

KR is a lot of things, good people is not one of them. I'd respond to you, of all people, calling me names; but for now Alan Block is the target.

h

Read and his boat prep guy Moose McClintock did a lot of "pushing the rules" in the J-24 class. Supposedly they showed up at one regattae with a scalloped TE on the keel with the peaks at the measuring stations. why? Because the damn keel is too far back and everyone does what they can to pull the planform forwards. They arrived early enough so that the measurers could look at it, scratch their heads, consult the rule book (the rules did not explicitly require a plumb TE) and make a ruling.

The ruling was that it violated the "intent of the rule rule (its in the J24 rule book)" and hence was illegal. So they slathered the voids with West System+filler, sanded it fair and polished and measured in properly. That's not 'cheating' that's doing what you can within the rules to go faster.

But that resulted in all sorts of allegations about how Read or others had sandblasted the ends of the boat from the interior, repainted it and added the weight back in as part of the "keel vermiculite fix". None of that was true.

The lazarette hatches were a technicality. turns out a lot of J24s where the owners have fixed the "bump and grinds" themselves, are no longer class legal. Rule book requires that you get written approval from a class measurer for your fix before hand, and that he measurer inspect the materials for compliance to the original layup schedules. Normally people don't bother because invariably they end up with a fix that is heavier (as per Read's) than the original and figure no one is going to be a big enough asshole to protest someone for a fix that makes the boat heavier in the wrong places.

But the need to win makes people assholes all the time. I recollect a District champs where a World's qualification was on the line. 3 boats were in contention. Boat B tore their kite on day 1 and asked for permission to replace the kite. They were given permission and Boat C helpfully offered them their backup kite which boat B took.

Boat B went on to beat Boat C by the throwout. So Boat C protested Boat B on the grounds that the J-24 Class rules require that the sail numbers on all the sails match, and Boat B flew Boat C's kite without peeling the numbers off... THAT is asshattery of the first magnitude.

I'd respond to you, of all people, calling me names; but for now Alan Block is the target.

h

What is your problem? If you have a hard-on for Clean, start your own thread or go post in the dozen others dumping on him. Don't you get tired of this shiit?

I'd respond to you, of all people, calling me names; but for now Alan Block is the target.

h

What is your problem? If you have a hard-on for Clean, start your own thread or go post in the dozen others dumping on him. Don't you get tired of this shiit?

No kidding. The Mr. Clean stalker stuff is pretty creepy. To create a sock puppet and make someone a "target" is seriously messed up.

Oh my, there are two Dr. Laura's? I apologize profoundly, profusely, humbly, and abjectly.

Let's be honest, this radio mouthpiece is and always has been dishonest. She is of the network that gave us that drug abusing Rush L. Not to mention when this whore was outed as the cheating c*nt she is she denied it all the way to court.

Regardless, some desperate souls take life advice from this cheater in life. PHRF, here is your chance to cleanse the system of this hag.

If you had read the post, you wouldn't need to ask. If you're not very smart and you didn't understand, let me rephrase it.

There is a Dr. Laura in almost every dumb ass local fleet; they're a pain in the ass. But at least wait until they've been caught, tried and convicted before you tell the story; or start one. Mr Clean has started a thread by pasting minutes of a meeting where a group of people (SoCal PHRF) are going to take her to a discipline committee. They might have asked a few questions first (just like Barley did), because she may not have done anything wrong. Yes, she may have, we'll all see.

And though a few people have talked about Dr. Laura being less than knowledgeable with regard to sailing, if she and Clean took the same test, she might score higher.

As to you telling me what to do and where to do it; don't you look a little foolish giving me orders on an unmonitered forum thread to which you haven't even contributed? Especially after you've spent the day talking out of your ass on the 13.8 thread.

As to your second question, don't you?

h

No kidding. The Mr. Clean stalker stuff is pretty creepy. To create a sock puppet and make someone a "target" is seriously messed up.

Don't be a dumbass. It's this simple: at the begining of this thread, Clean started some trouble. I think he's an asshat and I called him on it. That's pretty mild in SA terms. I could abuse everyone that had an ignorant, off point comment. But that would be exhausting. I could just abuse everyone, but then I'd just blend in.

h

what does dr. laura look like? anyone got a photo of her, so that we know who we're talking about?

IMG_0734_1.jpg

There is a 92 (without the S) that rates 90 in Marina del Rey.

The base rating for a 92S listed on the Southern Cali PHRF site is 84. That's pretty harsh for that boat.

There is a 92 (without the S) that rates 90 in Marina del Rey.

The base rating for a 92S listed on the Southern Cali PHRF site is 84. That's pretty harsh for that boat.

The J92 rates 108 in SoCal. There are several on the list. Dr. L had one a few boats back - TurnKey.

It will be interesting to see what happens in "the room" on Tuesday. She is definitely a repeat offender and need more than a hand slap.

She cheats for the same reason that a dog licks his balls, because she can. At least that's the was it has gone for the last couple of years and it's time to end that cycle.

post-1224-1234484463.gif

Page One. Cheat and Lie

i'm still having trouble picturing what she looks like....

Dude, she's 60 something years old, what is your problem with what she looks like, are you retarded?

PS - there are other sites on the internet that have lots of pictures of girls

Tommorow will be FRIDAY and then the knives can come out.

As far as a disciplinary hearing it will be interesting to see who comes as witnesses and what they say was done & said when. I hope all parties are given plenty of time for discovery.

I think if I ever sell a boat I'm going to take photos so nobody can tear stuff out, claim it was that way when they got it and offer to put it all back in in exchange for a higher rating.

Pretty Hard to Rate Fairly