What questions should be asked of The President

flaps15

10 is nobody's business. Other than that, I like them all. I'm going to hold my breath now, because I'm CERTAIN that he will field all of those questions tonight.... Ooh, hey look... a monkey just flew out of my ass.

I kinda like these except for nine and ten, which to me are non-issues.
I'd like to see these questions asked and answered

Mr President you repeatedly have stated that people can keep there own doctors and plans could you comment on this statement found on page 16 of the bill describing how existing private providers can be grandfathered:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day” of the year the legislation becomes law."

Because that sounds like no one can join any plan other than the governments after this becomes law.

Follow up: On the same page is this quote:

"LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR"CONDITIONS.—Subject to paragraph (3) and except as required by law, the issuer does not change any of its terms or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day before the first day of Y1."

This sounds like any changes to a persons private coverage including premiums would also force the holder into the government program. Is this true?

10 is nobody's business. Other than that, I like them all. I'm going to hold my breath now, because I'm CERTAIN that he will field all of those questions tonight.... Ooh, hey look... a monkey just flew out of my ass.

+1 on 10

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day” of the year the legislation becomes law."

Because that sounds like no one can join any plan other than the governments after this becomes law.

Only if someone is a complete moron who is incapable of reading the bill for himself.

That quote is taken from

TITLE I—PROTECTIONS AND

15 STANDARDS FOR QUALIFIED

16 HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS

17 Subtitle A—General Standards

1 SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT

2 COVERAGE.

3 (a) GRANDFATHERED HEALTH INSURANCE COV

4ERAGE DEFINED.—Subject to the succeeding provisions of

5 this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable cov6

erage under this division, the term ‘‘grandfathered health

7 insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance

8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the

9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—

11 (A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in

12 this paragraph, the individual health insurance

13 issuer offering such coverage does not enroll

14 any individual in such coverage if the first ef15

fective date of coverage is on or after the first

16 day of Y1.

What it means that if plan is a grandfathered plan that doesn't meet the new standards of a "qualified health benefits plan" then the insurer can't enroll any more people in that particular plan after the law goes into effect.

There is a whole lot of language that defines a "qualified" policy, but a "qualified health benefits plan" is most certainly not necessarily the government health plan.

1 (B) REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENE

2FITS PLANS.—On or after the first day of Y1, a health

3 benefits plan shall not be a qualified health benefits plan

4 under this division unless the plan meets the applicable

5 requirements of the following subtitles for the type of plan

6 and plan year involved:

7 (1) Subtitle B (relating to affordable coverage).

8 (2) Subtitle C (relating to essential benefits).

9 (3) Subtitle D (relating to consumer protec10

tion).

"LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR"CONDITIONS.—Subject to paragraph (3) and except as required by law, the issuer does not change any of its terms or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day before the first day of Y1."

This sounds like any changes to a persons private coverage including premiums would also force the holder into the government program. Is this true?

No.

It says that that the terms and conditions of a grandfathered health benefits plan cannot be changed. Why would the government allow a plan to remain grandfathered if its not the same plan anymore? If your insurer decides that it doesn't want to offer the grandfathered plan anymore, you can move a "qualified health benefits plan" which is not necessarily the government plan. It's any plan that meets the definition of a ""qualified health benefits plan."

1 SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT

2 COVERAGE.

3 (a) GRANDFATHERED HEALTH INSURANCE COV4

ERAGE DEFINED.—Subject to the succeeding provisions of

5 this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable cov6

erage under this division, the term ‘‘grandfathered health

7 insurance coverage’’ means individual health insurance

8 coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the

9 first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

10 (1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT.—

11 (A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in

12 this paragraph, the individual health insurance

13 issuer offering such coverage does not enroll

14 any individual in such coverage if the first ef15

fective date of coverage is on or after the first

16 day of Y1.

17 (B) DEPENDENT COVERAGE PER

18MITTED.—Subparagraph (A) shall not affect

19 the subsequent enrollment of a dependent of an

20 individual who is covered as of such first day.

21 (2) LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR

22 CONDITIONS.—Subject to paragraph (3) and except

23 as required by law, the issuer does not change any

24 of its terms or conditions, including benefits and

25 cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day be

26fore the first day of Y1.

1 (3) RESTRICTIONS ON PREMIUM INCREASES.—

2 The issuer cannot vary the percentage increase in

3 the premium for a risk group of enrollees in specific

4 grandfathered health insurance coverage without

5 changing the premium for all enrollees in the same

6 risk group at the same rate, as specified by the

7 Commissioner.

Here is the meat of what the most basic insurance (qualified health benefits plan) offered by any company must offer under the new law:

19 (B) MINIMUM SERVICES TO BE COVERED.—The

20 items and services described in this subsection are the fol21

lowing:

22 (1) Hospitalization.

23 (2) Outpatient hospital and outpatient clinic

24 services, including emergency department services.

1 (3) Professional services of physicians and other

2 health professionals.

3 (4) Such services, equipment, and supplies inci4

dent to the services of a physician’s or a health pro5

fessional’s delivery of care in institutional settings,

6 physician offices, patients’ homes or place of resi7

dence, or other settings, as appropriate.

8 (5) Prescription drugs.

9 (6) Rehabilitative and habilitative services.

10 (7) Mental health and substance use disorder

11 services.

12 (8) Preventive services, including those services

13 recommended with a grade of A or B by the Task

14 Force on Clinical Preventive Services and those vac15

cines recommended for use by the Director of the

16 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

17 (9) Maternity care.

18 (10) Well baby and well child care and oral

19 health, vision, and hearing services, equipment, and

20 supplies at least for children under 21 years of age.

21 © REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO COST-SHARING

22 AND MINIMUM ACTUARIAL VALUE.—

23 (1) NO COST-SHARING FOR PREVENTIVE SERV24

ICES.—There shall be no cost-sharing under the es25

sential benefits package for preventive items and

1 services (as specified under the benefit standards),

2 including well baby and well child care.

3 (2) ANNUAL LIMITATION.—

4 (A) ANNUAL LIMITATION.—The cost-shar5

ing incurred under the essential benefits pack6

age with respect to an individual (or family) for

7 a year does not exceed the applicable level spec8

ified in subparagraph (B).

9 (B) APPLICABLE LEVEL.—The applicable

10 level specified in this subparagraph for Y1 is

11 $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a

12 family. Such levels shall be increased (rounded

13 to the nearest $100) for each subsequent year

14 by the annual percentage increase in the Con15

sumer Price Index (United States city average)

16 applicable to such year.

17 © USE OF COPAYMENTS.—In establishing

18 cost-sharing levels for basic, enhanced, and pre19

mium plans under this subsection, the Sec20

retary shall, to the maximum extent possible,

21 use only copayments and not coinsurance.

22 (3) MINIMUM ACTUARIAL VALUE.—

23 (A) IN GENERAL.—The cost-sharing under

24 the essential benefits package shall be designed

25 to provide a level of coverage that is designed

1 to provide benefits that are actuarially equiva2

lent to approximately 70 percent of the full ac3

tuarial value of the benefits provided under the

4 reference benefits package described in sub5

paragraph (B).

6 (B) REFERENCE BENEFITS PACKAGE DE7

SCRIBED.—The reference benefits package de8

scribed in this subparagraph is the essential

9 benefits package if there were no cost-sharing

10 imposed.

Mr. President. Two part question; first - soon we will be coming up on a year since your team has been in place at the White House. When are you, your cabinet, and you administrations appointees going to "buck up" and stop blaming today's shortfalls on the previous administration and take ownership of the nations problems? And secondly, it seems that many of the policies that were in place with the previous administration are being adopted by the Obama White House. The question is, don't you think this hypocritical to criticize these policies then repackage them and adopt as your own?

Mr. President. Two part question; first - soon we will be coming up on a year since your team has been in place at the White House. When are you, your cabinet, and you administrations appointees going to "buck up" and stop blaming today's shortfalls on the previous administration and take ownership of the nations problems? And secondly, it seems that many of the policies that were in place with the previous administration are being adopted by the Obama White House. The question is, don't you think this hypocritical to criticize these policies then repackage them and adopt as your own?

Your calendar must be a little different from mine.

Your calendar must be a little different from mine.

January will be here before you know it. But that said. OK take out the soon it will be coming up on a year and let's run with "when are you, your cabinet, ...........

Work for you?

Why was it so urgent to pass the stimulus IMMEDIATELY,

yet less than a quarter of it has been used so far?

When you have political capital you spend it right away. He had the political capital at the time.

"Mr. President: I appreciate you taking the time to address these somewhat important issues, but there is one pressing matter which to date you have not addressed. Could you please explain why you have not released your original Birth Certificate? You are not a US citizen. What makes you think that a democRAT is Constitutionally allowed to be President of this great nation? Can you recite the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Let me fix this for you

Mr President you're doing a great job but how do you deal with all the whining from the far right? I really like my Obama Self Pleasure Toy. Do you think your ever going to make this with a solar charger and a longer battery life?

Mr President, how do you manage to not just punch the living shit out of all the fucking republicunts?

But seriously ...

Mr. President, I already have health insurance. Very good health insurance. I like it the way it is. How would the plan currently being considered impact the continued availability and costs of my current plan?

Actually, that one has been answered. Repeatedly. Look it up.

"Mr. President: I appreciate you taking the time to address these somewhat important issues, but there is one pressing matter which to date you have not addressed. Could you please explain why you have not released your original Birth Certificate? You are not a US citizen. What makes you think that a democRAT is Constitutionally allowed to be President of this great nation? Can you recite the Pledge of Allegiance?"

I'd just ask him why he isn't wearing a flag pin.

Covers all the important points.

Mr President, is it true what they say about black men's cocks and if so - what are you doing later?

What gaytor REALLY meant to say.

Hang on are you really allowed to even think about asking that of your president or even write such things...are they not insulting and un-american and all that patriotical jazz!

Mr President, is it true what they say about black men's cocks and if so - what are you doing later?

jeff you would be so much more credible if you were not jonesing for gator . would you 2 either consummate your relationship or let it go

Only if someone is a complete moron who is incapable of reading the bill for himself.

hmmm --

Obama Admits He’s “Not Familiar” With House Bill

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/21/mornin...FTOKEN=15126283

With the public’s trust in his handling of health care tanking (50%-44% of Americans disapprove), the White House has launched a new phase of its strategy designed to pass Obamacare: all Obama, all the time. As part of that effort, Obama hosted a conference call with leftist bloggers urging them to pressure Congress to pass his health plan as soon as possible. During the call, a blogger from Maine said he kept running into an Investors Business Daily article that claimed Section 102 of the House health legislation would outlaw private insurance. He asked: “Is this true? Will people be able to keep their insurance and will insurers be able to write new policies even though H.R. 3200 is passed?” President Obama replied: “You know, I have to say that I am not familiar with the provision you are talking about.” (quote begins at 17:10) This is a truly disturbing admission by the President, especially considering that later in the call, Obama promises yet again--cont.

Dude, you are obsessed.

You mean obsessed with pointing out that gaytor is a cocksucking, ass-pirate, douchebag? Guilty.

What it means that if plan is a grandfathered plan that doesn't meet the new standards of a "qualified health benefits plan" then the insurer can't enroll any more people in that particular plan after the law goes into effect.

Employee A works for company XYZ covered under a grandfathered plan H1 - He changes jobs to work for company QRS also with a grandfathered plan exactly like H1 called H2 - according to that little clause Company QRZ cannot enroll him in their grandfathered plan - so he will not be able to keep the same type of plan will he?

The bottom line is I do not want some Fucking Bureaucrat dictating to me what kind of Policy I have. Any language at all referring to grandfathering plans is to much BIG BROTHER for me.

Stimulus has been a abject failure. Not only was it not needed immediately, it was not needed at all.

Stimulus has been a abject failure. Not only was it not needed immediately, it was not needed at all.

It was a damed if you damed if you don't proposition.

"The great French Marshal Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshal replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!' -JFK

It really does take quite a bit of time to get construction projects

underway. Not 100 years, but anybody who says they go from

concept to groundbreak in 6 months is being disingenuous.

The stim hasn't really even started. Even the tax breaks part.

"The great French Marshal Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshal replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!' -JFK

You are correct the only difference is Obama promised to plant an orchard and by now we were all supposed to be eating apple pie (I hope that isn't racist). Instead the trees are still wrapped in burlap and the local governments are all fighting over which Public employee (the only sector were jobs are growing) gets to earn the overtime. Meanwhile he just stated that they have pulled the economy back from the brink. Since everyone is predicting 10% + unemployment for the foreseeable future I find that statement pretty far fetched.

Here's what one of my current students shared with me concerning his own lack of medical care. I hope all of your right-wing neocon bastards appreciate this man's sacrifice. The current system is doing nothing but enriching drug reps and charlatans posing as "specialists" who perpetrate fraud on the public with endless, useless, diagnostic bullshit technology tests. My own wife is a 30 year physician who has been treating dirt poor Mezikan-Amuricans at our local county hospital. She's so fucking disgusted with the direction medical practice has gone since she graduated in 1981 she wishes now she had gone into something else...like medical sales! Enjoy:

"Sorry about the lateness of my start. I lost my health insurance and have been scrambling to find coverage. While I was in the Marines I was exposed to depleted uranium and had a botched operation that years later led to osteoporosis, cracked vertebrae in my neck, compressed vertebrae in my lower back, and arthritis. I have been trying to repair my bones enough to replace my hips with medication. Loss of insurance has killed any chance at meds or operations.

About the best I can do is lie as still as I can to minimize the pain. I have read several chapters and have a decent background in engineering and IT. I do not believe the course will be a problem, I am just bed ridden for a while. Thanks Jack"

Economy not recovering? Stimulus didn't work.

Economy recovering? Stimulus not needed.

Ironicially, when it comes to "abject failures", I recall your occassional cherry picked "More Good News from Iraq" stories.

Ben

You are correct the only difference is Obama promised to plant an orchard and by now we were all supposed to be eating apple pie (I hope that isn't racist). Instead the trees are still wrapped in burlap and the local governments are all fighting over which Public employee (the only sector were jobs are growing) gets to earn the overtime. Meanwhile he just stated that they have pulled the economy back from the brink. Since everyone is predicting 10% + unemployment for the foreseeable future I find that statement pretty far fetched.

Is that really an Obama issue or a wider bullshit that is the the ticket clipping Governement backoffice (This happens globally).

One thinks we are being a bit to harsh, a 15 year bull market does not get unwound in 6 months (especially given the other expenses that have to be paid for that are not apart of the stimulus eg, Iraq, Afghan wars to name but two)

OK, I'll look. But it doesn't answer why we didn't spend time to refine it if they knew certain projects couldn't get underway right away.

It woulda made more sense to bitchslap a shitload of money into the economy like ether in a hard starting engine.

Why go half way? Cardiac arrest takes one big shock, not a prolonged current.

Ironicially, when it comes to "abject failures", I recall your occassional cherry picked "More Good News from Iraq" stories.

Ben

Someone had to do it... Today Iraq is free, not a threat to the region, are allied with the US. And the people are no longer being tortured and killed by their own government.

Ben

Someone had to do it... Today Iraq is free, not a threat to the region, are allied with the US. And the people are no longer being tortured and killed by their own government.

thats true the new government thus far has not been proven to kill there own, yet the country is rife of those from other borders bombing and killing, the same but different I guess, a brother to a different mother?

Ben

thats true the new government thus far has not been proven to kill there own, yet the country is rife of those from other borders bombing and killing, the same but different I guess, a brother to a different mother?

Nice to see you back Phats...Still in the Australia?

Ben

See?

Ben

The one question I would have liked to see the pres answer is: "why do you think its American business owners' responsibility to foot your health care bill?"

The one question I would have liked to see the pres answer is: "why do you think its American business owners' responsibility to foot your health care bill?"

Agreed, but I'd add "or 'our' health care bills."

Besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the play?..........

Do you support single-payer universal health care Jeff?

Agreed, but I'd add "or 'our' health care bills."

Well, that goes without saying.

What does that have to do with the question? You and d'rang are vying for the best non-answer of the week award.

Besides, if you had bothered to pay attention - you would already know the answer to YOUR question.

What does that have to do with the question? You and d'rang are vying for the best non-answer of the week award.

Besides, if you had bothered to pay attention - you would already know the answer to YOUR question.

That's why I'm asking.

In previous posts it seems like that you've come around the idea that we need universal health care.

My question to you is, if you don't want to pay for it through employer mandates, how do you think we should pay for it?

Because I think that we can all agree that the GOP days of passing entitlements (such as medicare prescription benefits) with no funding are over.

How to pay for it?

PS.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/conte...0721_906996.htm

the GOP days of passing entitlements (such as medicare prescription benefits) with no funding are over.

Ah yes. Unfunded Mandates have been relegated to the Minneapolis Airport bathroom, have they?

That's why I'm asking.

In previous posts it seems like that you've come around the idea that we need universal health care.

My question to you is, if you don't want to pay for it through employer mandates, how do you think we should pay for it?

Because I think that we can all agree that the GOP days of passing entitlements (such as medicare prescription benefits) with no funding are over.

How to pay for it?

PS.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/conte...0721_906996.htm

I'm leaning that way, but I'm not totally sold on it. But the issue is we are NOT talking about single-payer HC here. The Obamination that is developing in Congress is anything but single-payer. I think what they are considering - and even more troubling is obo trying to get them to rush it through - is nothing short of the worst of all worlds. My feeling is either find something that works where private industry still does the hard lifting but we figure out how to get costs under control. OR we go all in on a single-payer plan. This compromise BS is nothing but a weak wishy-washy attempt to please everyone.

My only issue is if we ever did go to a single payer plan - we don't make it illegal for those that want to pay out of pocket to buy thier own insurance and get thier own level of care instead of being forced to leave the country. It is an American staple that if you have the coin to play - you can buy anything you want.

Ben

Stopping torture by the governement on it's own people...

doesn't qualify for the mission accomplished list.

Ben

Nice to see you back Phats...Still in the Australia?

Still in the land of milk and honey, close run thing though was almost moving to Hong Kong 6 months ago, to work for a French insto, but HK can wait until next year.

I like using , these days also, I find them refreshing

Archived