FUCK YOU NFL......

flaps15

Alright Kidz, I absolutely abhor football,..but can someone give me a fuking clue what Flaps is on about?........

That dog don't hunt.

What up, dog?

Don't be so dogged.

He is dogging the issue while laying dog, due to the fact his dogs are a barking, because them sick puppies stink.

Dat be da dope Dog!!!!

did the time. Lets see -- good can come from this. Not likely, but if he can influence a generation of young people not to do what he did its probably worth it.

Teach an old dog a new trick?

did the time. Lets see -- good can come from this. Not likely, but if he can influence a generation of young people not to do what he did its probably worth it.

Teach an old dog a new trick?

Better to roll over a new leaf than to play dead.

No problem with that, just keep him on a short leash.

I wonder if the NFL will muzzle him, just to keep him from getting collared.

The question is will he find a home? Will anybody adopt him?

Take it easy will ya? Sure he screwed the pooch, but you don't have to rub his nose in it.

I was going to write this

We are such Hippocrates in the US.

We want a man to who was bank rolling a dog fighting ring to be ruined for life yet we love to watch 2 humans beat the pulp out of each other in a cage...can you say..... Ultimate fighting......I have never watched it and I never will.

How about the people bank rolling that. I think it is more repulsive than dog fighting. Oh yea humans are not cute, furry, pet-able and have those eyes......Make me puke. They are stupid animals and there are too many of them anyway.

And I do have a dog....a beagle.

PS: Ultimate Fighting should be to the death, that way we can get rid of these Violent Neanderthal's.

But I wrote this instead

We can't have dogs fight but we can pimp our children and ruin their lives to the point they will never be normal. We can exploit others to the point they become indentured. We can do things to other humans, even though legal, are very immoral.

How about the exploitation of illegal immigrants by corporations.....what is the Oman going to do about the exploitation of illegal immigrants??? either legalize them or start shutting down corporate operations (ya sure).

Professional sports and the NFL are very exploitative organizations. Mike Vic was just using what he learned from the Sports World and the funny thing was very few people knew or were involved in or hurt by it. Just some dumb mutts.

Sometimes I think that this planet is way over due for a total cleansing. We are such Hippocrates.

I wonder if the NFL will muzzle him, just to keep him from getting collared.

The question is will he find a home? Will anybody adopt him?

Take it easy will ya? Sure he screwed the pooch, but you don't have to rub his nose in it.

Hey, I'm worried nobody will scoop him up.

I was going to write this

We want a man to who was bank rolling a dog fighting ring to be ruined for life yet we love to watch 2 humans beat the pulp out of each other in a cage...can you say..... Ultimate fighting......I have never watched it and I never will.

How about the people bank rolling that. I think it is more repulsive than dog fighting. Oh yea humans are not cute, furry, pet-able and have those eyes......Make me puke. They are stupid animals and there are too many of them anyway.

And I do have a dog....a beagle.

PS: Ultimate Fighting should be to the death, that way we can get rid of these Violent Neanderthal's.

But I wrote this instead

We can't have dogs fight but we can pimp our children and ruin their lives to the point they will never be normal. We can exploit others to the point they become indentured. We can do things to other humans, even though legal, are very immoral.

How about the exploitation of illegal immigrants by corporations.....what is the Oman going to do about the exploitation of illegal immigrants??? either legalize them or start shutting down corporate operations (ya sure).

Professional sports and the NFL are very exploitative organizations. Mike Vic was just using what he learned from the Sports World and the funny thing was very few people knew or were involved in or hurt by it. Just some dumb mutts.

Sometimes I think that this planet is way over due for a total cleansing. We are such Hippocrates.

Hey Dawg,

This the best post you've written in a long time.

¡Salud!

I guess the NFL is just throwing him a bone.

They knew they were on shaky legal ground as a league

banning the man. He served his time. Probably banking

on the likelhood nobody will take a risk with this guy.

He's a known terrierist.

He did his time, let him play if anyone wants him. If he was not saddled with so much baggage every team in the league would want him, an original offensive coordinator could do some really cool shit with him lined up in the backfield next to the QB. I would love to see it.

Flaps - they don't have a choice. Or, rather, they would have to put a new policy in place that would probably make other players ineligible.

The man has the right to work - but not to the right to work for the NFL. UNLESS of course, he takes the to court and shows other convicted criminals are working for the NFL and he is being singled out. Which is obviously true considering they allow multiple DUI's, drug dealers, wife beaters, firearms violators etc back into the league.

So they made their own bed a long time ago. Why are you singling out Vick, flaps?

He did his time, let him play if anyone wants him. If he was not saddled with so much baggage every team in the league would want him, an original offensive coordinator could do some really cool shit with him lined up in the backfield next to the QB. I would love to see it.

Fleaflicker?

Fleaflicker?

defenses would have no idea how to defend an offense with him in it where he could be QB, RB, WR etc. Imagine if he lined up next to Tom Brady. Think the Pats would lose a game?

Fleaflicker?

defenses would have no idea how to defend an offense with him in it where he could be QB, RB, WR etc. Imagine if he lined up next to Tom Brady. Think the Pats would lose a game?

Why not? The Dolphins drafted Pat White for what he will do to defenses in the Wildcat formation. Putting in a couple of plays like that take very little time, compared to the time that must be spent defending it. The proverbial tail wagging the dog, if you will.

Fleaflicker?

Why not? The Dolphins drafted Pat White for what he will do to defenses in the Wildcat formation. Putting in a couple of plays like that take very little time, compared to the time that must be spent defending it. The proverbial tail wagging the dog, if you will.

I loved the Pat White pick. The Dolphins might be one of the best teams to watch this year. I loved seeing them beat the Pats last year with the "wild hog".

Fleaflicker?

The problem with him in the backfield with another QB is who is going

to block? Linebackers will pin their ears back and dog. It

would be a bitch for the OL to handle.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The Dolphins' version was really only stuffed by the Ravens; they had at least some success with it against pretty much everyone else, and of course, they "pantsed" the Patriots in the first game in which they used it. Blocking is a problem, but with speed like that, the ball can move around a bit, leaving those grasping linebackers struggling just to find a leg to hump.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The Dolphins' version was really only stuffed by the Ravens; they had at least some success with it against pretty much everyone else, and of course, they "pantsed" the Patriots in the first game in which they used it. Blocking is a problem, but with speed like that, the ball can move around a bit, leaving those grasping linebackers struggling just to find a leg to hump.

If anyone does it, they should hire the Boise State Coach as Offensive Coordinator. That guy is freaking' genius with trick play calling. Every game would be a dogfight.

Not everybody has backers who have a nose for the ball. True.

While we are on the topic of forgiveness and redemption after someone has paid their debt to society,

What About Charlie Hustle? If Michael Vick gets back into the NFL, shouldn't Pete Rose have a chance to be considered for the Hall of Fame? The difference? Vick can still sell tickets and advertising, so people can get income out of his return. Balls, I say. Rose has more hits than anyone in the Hall. He paid his debt. He deserves to be there.

While we are on the topic of forgiveness and redemption after someone has paid their debt to society,

What About Charlie Hustle? If Michael Vick gets back into the NFL, shouldn't Pete Rose have a chance to be considered for the Hall of Fame? The difference? Vick can still sell tickets and advertising, so people can get income out of his return. Balls, I say. Rose has more hits than anyone in the Hall. He paid his debt. He deserves to be there.

I've always thought so.

Difference is Rose corrupted the game he was playing and probably the games he was playing in. Dog fighting and the NFL have no connection save for Vick himself. Of course, I think Rose should be in the Hall for his accomplishments, but he broke baseball's rules and it's their Hall. The real question is, will Vick get into the dog fighting hall of fame?

I know it's an integrity of the game issue with Rose, but other integrity issues didn't result in a lifetime ban. Look at Steroids. Manny. When did he start? I question every game he's played, and I'm a Sox fan. But he still swings a bat well, and puts people in the stands. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens. They did as much to soil baseball's integrity as Rose did. If Rose could still hit in 40 games in a row, he'd be playing. But there's no money to be made from it now, so it won't happen.

I wouldn't feel that way if he had ever bet against the team he

was on. But he never did that, IIRC, it was deternined that there

were some bets on games he was involved in, but he never bet

his team would lose. He'd been in jail most likely if he had too.

IMO, gambling addiction, not a con artist. Never was

very bright, not much contention on that point, and

he really didn't see anything wrong with it, other

that those rules. Meant for other guys....

I find it interesting that our society goes nuts over the fact that MV let some dogs fight - but someone like chris brown can beat the shit out of rihanna and its just a shrug and relgated to Nancy Grace and the celebrity hour on CNN.

Trust me, I;m not defending vick - its just telling that our society values pitbulls over people. Although, I own a German Shepard and I would value his life over some people in this world in a millisecond. So I guess I can see the outrage.....

btw - I wonder whose whose butt vick will be sniffing around trying to find a new pack to run with?

AREN'T YOU THE ONE WHO ENTHUSIASTICALLY POSTED ABOUT KNOCKING WOMEN AROUND AND FUCKING THEM IN THE ASS??

YES YOU ARE - TROUBLING :(

I find it interesting that our society goes nuts over the fact that MV let some dogs fight - but someone like chris brown can beat the shit out of rihanna and its just a shrug and relgated to Nancy Grace and the celebrity hour on CNN.

Trust me, I;m not defending vick - its just telling that our society values pitbulls over people. Although, I own a German Shepard and I would value his life over some people in this world in a millisecond. So I guess I can see the outrage.....

btw - I wonder whose whose butt vick will be sniffing around trying to find a new pack to run with?

AREN'T YOU THE ONE WHO ENTHUSIASTICALLY POSTED ABOUT KNOCKING WOMEN AROUND AND FUCKING THEM IN THE ASS??

YES YOU ARE - TROUBLING :(

drunk again I see - and all alone as usual. Just don't get behind the wheel.

nope on both counts - you posted it then like a coward deleted it because someone opined that your CO would take a dim view of such posts made on the public dime. You did the same with your pic in crotchless pants posing in front of a 500# bomb scrawled with bigoted statements.

Troubling that you won't own up to it...

Classic. Dawg, take it easy. Remember, at first do no harm. (Wait, I think I am suffering from an imbalance of the the four humours. :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...
Awwwww, shit. He was bound to land somewhere, but why did it have to be my beloved Iggles?

What the fuck is Jeff Lurie smoking? First TO, now Vick? Shit.

Get over it. He did his time.

He paid the biggest price of any football player who ever broke the law. 2 years in Levenworth, lost $100 million. I believe in redemption and forgiveness, people should let it go. Also, it could be the coolest offense in the history of the NFL.

This one bothers me. I believe in redemption, paying your debt and moving forward. I think people should have a second chance. But he didn't just allow/bankroll dog fighting which is abhorrent in itself, far beyond the simple statement...oh dog fighting..........it's not a small thing. It's cruel on so many levels. But more specifically if you look at the things he has admitted to doing..................hanging a dog to death........killing a dog with a cattle prod................holding a dog underwater as it struggles and drowns. Those are not small gambling offenses or innocent transgressions on the wrong side of the law. Those are deep seated character issues. There is something innately wrong with someone who can reason their way clear to hang a dog by the neck in a tree to slowly die as it struggles to live, or to hold a dog underwater as it struggles to live and slowly drowns while its struggles grow increasingly weaker...............

I am not one to anthropomorphize an animal and value its abuse as equal to those acts done to a human....but it is a living sentient being that experiences fear and pain. There is something fundamentally wrong/antisocial about a human who can do that.

He paid the biggest price of any football player who ever broke the law. 2 years in Levenworth, lost $100 million. I believe in redemption and forgiveness, people should let it go. Also, it could be the coolest offense in the history of the NFL.

Actually the coolest offense in the NFL was the Cowboys in the nineties with Smith, Aikman, Harper and Irvin.......

If he loses a game, let's make sure we have a bed of spikes ready to throw him on. Let bet on how many times it takes throwing him on it before he dies. Just a thought. (My guess is that he's a Lib as well)

nope he's a regressive like you - just not as clownish

Actually the coolest offense in the NFL was the Cowboys in the nineties with Smith, Aikman, Harper and Irvin.......

Wrong, the niners in the 80's had the best one to date, and at the time it was ground breaking.

Wrong, the niners in the 80's had the best one to date, and at the time it was ground breaking.

Wron, the steelers in the70's.

I'd take Emmit Aikman and Irving over Swann, Bradshaw and Franco........

didn't have a power running game to go with the passing game. don't get me wrong they had a decent ground attack but not in the leaugue of the Cowboys.......

didn't have a power running game to go with the passing game. don't get me wrong they had a decent ground attack but not in the leaugue of the Cowboys.......

Coolest, as in class, 70s steelers. That, and the fact that they spanked your cowboys for years.

They did not need a power running game, did not want a power running game. Bill Walsh designed an offense where that was not a factor. Plus Roger Craig was awesome. I just looked at his stats, he had a five year period where he averaged around 1500 all purpose yards per year.

p.s. I can't wait for football season!

Coolest, as in class, 70s steelers. That, and the fact that they spanked your cowboys for years.

actually I root for the team with the most/best Gators on it. This year I'll be rooting for the Vikings. It was nice to see Max Starks anchor the offensive line for the Steelers last year - without him the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl.....

I also believe in redemption. Hell, I've needed my share.

My point is the Iggles have traditionally shied away from these kind of distractions. Andy Reid has kept the team smooth and consistent without having to play around with the divas. Until TO, that is.

IMHO, this is another situation where a talented ballplayer will enter a cohesive unit with good team chemistry and fuck it up.

actually I root for the team with the most/best Gators on it. This year I'll be rooting for the Vikings. It was nice to see Max Starks anchor the offensive line for the Steelers last year - without him the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl.....

Have the Gators ever had a WR or QB who did not suck in the pros after he was drafted?

Touche. I love Collingsworth, did not ever realize he is a Gator, one of the best guys in the booth nowadays.

I just remember Jabar Gafney, Travis Taylor, Jacquez Green, Reidel Anthony, Danny Wonderful, and last and not least (or least if you want to look at it that way) Grossman. All first rounders and all wholly and completely shitty at the next level.

edit. and soon we will be able to add Tebow to the list

Touche. I love Collingsworth, did not ever realize he is a Gator, one of the best guys in the booth nowadays.

I just remember Jabar Gafney, Travis Taylor, Jacquez Green, Reidel Anthony, Danny Wonderful, and last and not least (or least if you want to look at it that way) Grossman. All first rounders and all wholly and completely shitty at the next level.

Now Now - no need to be bitter ;)

I think the word you're looking for is "prescient".

no offense meant but you really don't know much about football....

no offense meant but you really don't know much about football....

Speak not of which you know nothing*.

* That'd include just about everything.

Sorry, I can't give Vick a 2nd chance. Nope. We deal with too many animals daily

that are being raised for the sole purpose of slaughter and being eaten by you folks.

And myself, I'll add.

We make sure they are the happiest animals on earth for their time here.

To torture and kill dogs is unacceptable on many, many levels.

Dogs cannot take care of themselves and rely on their human masters to provide for the safety and wellbeing.

Vick in in violation of the nature of things and I cannot forgive.

This one bothers me. I believe in redemption, paying your debt and moving forward. I think people should have a second chance. But he didn't just allow/bankroll dog fighting which is abhorrent in itself, far beyond the simple statement...oh dog fighting..........it's not a small thing. It's cruel on so many levels. But more specifically if you look at the things he has admitted to doing..................hanging a dog to death........killing a dog with a cattle prod................holding a dog underwater as it struggles and drowns. Those are not small gambling offenses or innocent transgressions on the wrong side of the law. Those are deep seated character issues. There is something innately wrong with someone who can reason their way clear to hang a dog by the neck in a tree to slowly die as it struggles to live, or to hold a dog underwater as it struggles to live and slowly drowns while its struggles grow increasingly weaker...............

I am not one to anthropomorphize an animal and value its abuse as equal to those acts done to a human....but it is a living sentient being that experiences fear and pain. There is something fundamentally wrong/antisocial about a human who can do that.

Great, great post.

Great, great post.

Yes, I have to agree. Sort of what was going through my head when I started this thread. Thanks for that PB.

Well somebody scooped him up, and now that he is in the bag, they

have to do something with him.

It's up to the Eagle fans. Will they accept him or toss him in the

trash? Hard to imagine with the stink he has caused that they

will permit him to occupy the field, but if he can run as loose

and free as before, they will hold their noses and just put a leash

on their natural disgust.

Philadelphia

Pat's or Geno's

Who makes the best cheese steak sandwhich?

If you must choose between the two......

Pat's = best cheese steak sandwich.

Geno's = best cheese fries.

You're welcome :P

<edit> As for the Vick thing, guess the Eagles won't ever institute a "dollar dog night".

After mulling it over, I'm willing to bet Vick is put on a short leash (pun definitely intended) and is a model citizen for all intents and purposes. Whether it is Andy Reid, another coach or a player, or better "handlers", he'll talk the talk. Like said earlier, I have not seen the remorse that would indicate he grasps the depth of the disgust the civilized world has with his behavior. He seems to be sorry he got nailed. He hasn't changed, but will put on a good show about how he is a changed man.

As for the fans, they'll love him if the team wins or ride him out of town on a rail if they lose. I don't see the average Eagle fan giving much thought to a PETA ad.

On the field, this offense could be staggering. Look for the wildcat, lots of Vick in the backfield with the option to pass, etc.

I still wish they never signed him.

Spot on PB. This is a character issue, not a rejoining society after paying your debt issue. If pro sports want to keep the mantra that it is character that defines an athlete, then Vick should be banned for life as he has no character.

Frankly he has displayed no remorse. He has no remorse other than he got caught.

I wonder what Pete Rose has to say about Vick!

Cheers,

KG

One thing is for sure, if the Eagles ever have a game outside the US they will have to do without Vick.

One thing is for sure, if the Eagles ever have a game outside the US they will have to do without Vick.

.....wish there was an emoticon for a subtle quasi-evil laugh. Oops, did I say that?

Kinda off topic but maybe not too much after reading Jeff's comments.

Talking to a guy last night...He rescued a dog (his first one ever)

a few months ago and dotes on it like crazy.

My wife said, "See Britt, I told you you'd fall in love and treat it like a kid".

He says, "No, I treat my kids like kids. I treat Walter like he's the best thing on Earth".

Spot on PB. This is a character issue, not a rejoining society after paying your debt issue. If pro sports want to keep the mantra that it is character that defines an athlete, then Vick should be banned for life as he has no character.

Frankly he has displayed no remorse. He has no remorse other than he got caught.

I wonder what Pete Rose has to say about Vick!

Cheers,

KG

KG, I don't disagree with you about allowing bad actors to remain in the sport. But if we're going to hold the NFL and other pro sports to that standard (which I think we should) then there should be a WHOLE lot of other athletes who should be out of work for general thuggery and running afoul of the law. Hell, half of the UF football grads and MOST of the NBA would qualify for that.

So singling out Vick seems a bit hypocritical. I totally agree that allowing these thugs to remain in professional sports sets a bad example - but $$ drives the show. And I have a lot more empathy for someone who has served his time and is walking the straight and narrow having learned a lesson than the thugs and criminals who are allowed to keep playing after numerous infractions.

And don't get me wrong about the dog thing, PB. I value my German Shepard far more than about 2/3 of the earth's population. So I think there should be a special place in hell for people who do these kinds of cruel things to animals. But again, its a double standard, IMHO, to show this kind of outrage at Vick when there are sociopaths all throughout pro sports and the entertainment industry that we don't bat an eye about.

Got to make a stand somewhere. Vick seems like the perfect place. But I also realize there is no perfect world. We have become a forgiving nation if we cover the spread and win the pool.

Cheers,

KG

Archived