Time to rebalance.

flaps15

Spot on opinion, IMO. NY Times.

Unlike the politicaly pragmatic Clinton Obama is an extreme left idealogue . The Hope and change messianic messages means OTHERS change to agree with his extremist political agenda and hope no one notices how disasterous the bankrupt policies and legislation is .

{all depending on what is IS of course ;)

The current truth of whatever serves the ideology and L narrative and tactics and TO PUSH IT THROUGH QUICK [before anyone actually reads what they are pushing }

Funny isn't it Flaps --HILLARY CARE FAILED and the extremist over reaching D majority in congress senate and white house of 92 were voted out in 94 {congress and senate were R majority for the first time in 40 years .

Split govt and Bill Clinton announcing {the end of the big govt era is over } along with fiscal responcible Rs that pushed legislation and balanced the budget lead to the prosperity of the latter 90s along with the .com internet boom and new computerized applications to free enterprize .

You would think we would someday actually be able to learn from history --but NOOOOOOOO

TOO MUCH HUBRIS from egomaniacle messiah confused puffed up corrupt party first politicians .

All we can do is try to get rid of them and take back govt for "we the people" --it is reassuring to see so many protesting big govt and out to do just that .

RASMUSSEN: OBAMA APPROVAL HITS RECORD LOW. “Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President’s performance. That’s down a point from yesterday and the lowest level of total approval yet measured for Obama. Fifty-three percent (53%) now disapprove.”

UPDATE: Several core constituencies souring on Obama.

Plus this: “Obama’s challenge was to push his agenda through a Democratic-controlled government while retaining the affection of the 39 percent of Americans in the middle. The administration hasn’t been able to pull it off. From the stimulus to health care, it has joined itself at the hip to the liberal leadership in Congress. The White House has failed to veto measures, like the pork-laden omnibus spending bill, that would have demonstrated independence and fiscal restraint. By force of circumstances and by design, the president has promoted one policy after another that increases spending and centralizes power in Washington. . . . Trust in government rose when Obama took office. It has fallen back to historic lows. Fifty-nine percent of Americans now think the country is headed in the wrong direction.”

Damn. I think he captured the viewpoint of the real centrist perfectly.

I had hope that either Mccain or Obama (whichever was elected) would finally place government values where the vast majority of the people think they should be. Unfortunately, Obama isn't doing that. An even bigger part of the problem is the connection between Him, Pelosi, Reid, and other Democratic leadership. He passed off a large part of the responsibility of the health care plan to congress in order to try to get some concensus, but that failed when his leaders failed to bend to get that concensus.

Obama is only as good as the people under him, and the Democrats currently running the show are failing nearly as bad as Rumsfeld and Cheney did.

Brooks makes his case on approval ratings.

They are down, but it's to be expected. There is no way to bring

about large changes without people being troubled by them.

I think the correct strategy for keeping those ratings up

is avoid the controversial issues.

The lack of good polling for one aspect, the public option, is

examined here by Nick Silver. It demonstrates the

huge lack of knowlege about what it is. People can't be

expected to be leaping on a bandwagon they don't

understand, so maybe going all Henny-Penny over approval

ratings at this particular point is not the smartest thing

to do.

to do.

America unfortunately, elects it's leaders on approval ratings, doesn't make his points any less sharp. FWIW it's Nate Silver, and when I read it the other day I agreed with him as well. Totally different subject though. Besides public option isn't what's killing the health-care bills, it's spending (the Gold Standard of the left) and no guarantees on the direction of future spending or reduction of the debt, as Mr. Brooks states in his article.

to do.

America unfortunately, elects it's leaders on approval ratings, doesn't make his points any less sharp. FWIW it's Nate Silver, and when I read it the other day I agreed with him as well. Totally different subject though. Besides public option isn't what's killing the health-care bills, it's spending (the Gold Standard of the left) and no guarantees on the direction of future spending or reduction of the debt, as Mr. Brooks states in his article.

Might be spending, might be jobs.

Archived