Finally.... I think he's starting to get it.

flaps15

"I’d be lying to you if I told you I don’t look at polls -- I do." - David Axelrod

Under fire, Obama shifts strategy

i am not understanding where this "shift s strategy" claim comes from.......obama has always been about negotiation and compromise? how is that a shift?

i think the article is a bit dis ingenuous in it's title, then talking about "demands".

i will be very disappointed if the pubic option is taken off the table.

"I'd be lying to you if I told you I don't look at polls -- I do." - David Axelrod

i am not understanding where this "shift s strategy" claim comes from.......obama has always been about negotiation and compromise? how is that a shift?

i think the article is a bit dis ingenuous in it's title, then talking about "demands".

If Obama is all for negotiation and compromise, how is it that Reconciliation is being floated as a way to ignore the Blue Dogs and Republicans?

I thought the politics of the past were behind us. Now it looks like the sledgehammer is being brought out.

So much for Change.

"I'd be lying to you if I told you I don't look at polls -- I do." - David Axelrod

Plan B is to demonize the insurance companies as evildoers in the War on Capitalism.

Coming soon to a SEIU packed Town Hall near you.

Pushing "cap and tax" aside to go after the Wall Street tax is gonna be a tough one to sell. Stay tuned, they gotta Rahm this stuff through before 2010 cause the next deficit they're gonna be worrying about will be the lack of Dems in congress.

"I’d be lying to you if I told you I don’t look at polls -- I do." - David Axelrod

Oh please, the plan was to pass a 1000 page healthcare bill in two weeks precisely to avoid debate.

Watch this and get back to us on who wants compromise

Best line "It's your meeting" when addressing supporters of Obamacare at a town hall - funny I thought it was both sides.

Watch this and get back to us on who wants compromise

Best line "It's your meeting" when addressing supporters of Obamacare at a town hall - funny I thought it was both sides.

wonder if that guy in the video is aware of just how much a total douche bag he comes off as....

not to mention he should be spending more time in the gym and less time bitching and moaning so he can reduce the cost overhead he will lay on the system when his type II diabetes kicks in....

i am not understanding where this "shift s strategy" claim comes from.......obama has always been about negotiation and compromise? how is that a shift? Now you're just being ignorant

i will be very disappointed if the pubic option is taken off the table. prepare to be dissapointed. The American people will never go for it and ultimately, Congress knows how they stay in power--not by doing what they believe in but by doing what the voters expect

Obama is proving to be the most devisive political figure since...George Bush.

Heres a proposal and the reasons why Obama can't propose it: Reagan's Answer (hint: it was someone else's idea!)

Change we can believe in!

Hroth

If Obama is all for negotiation and compromise, how is it that Reconciliation is being floated as a way to ignore the Blue Dogs and Republicans?

I thought the politics of the past were behind us. Now it looks like the sledgehammer is being brought out.

So much for Change.

Surely you don't see every trial balloon and intentional leak as a solid proposal?

So much for Change.

Surely you don't see every trial balloon and intentional leak as a solid proposal?

Well, this is not a 'leak' because Axelrod is the source. Were it a leak, it would be an 'unamed' whitehouse source.

Trial balloon--OK. But even the need to float yet another balloon underscores the collossal failure this effort has been to date. Face it, they are scrambling.

Hroth

So much for Change.

Trial balloons and intentional leaks = the complete lack of leadership ability.

So much for Change.

Chicago style politics is using trial balloons now?

No part of the reconciliation threat, which has been made privately since May/June and more publicly since the August recess, sounds like a trial balloon to me.

With the "stimulus" and "cap and tax" bills as a template I don't think any real debate and bipartisan agreements are in the cards. Why else would the whole thing be rushed?

Oh please, the plan was to pass a 1000 page healthcare bill in two weeks precisely to avoid debate.

bullshit.

bullshit.

Bullshit

bullshit.

Yes it was - The reason Bill Clinton's health plan failed was it took to long and people found out what it really meant. Sound familiar?

Yes it was - The reason Bill Clinton's health plan failed was it took to long and people found out what it really meant. Sound familiar?

Sorta. Top down plan vs legislature up plan. Oh, and the 10,000 decibel noise machine spewing nothing but horseshit to willing semi-literates both times with the net net that things have and will continue to get worse. Fear you can believe in.

Archived