uh oh.... the White House isn't happy

flaps15

Those with zero to say are the most likely to change the topic.

Nice pix of Nixon, though.

Are you changing the subject?

and your thoughts on the subject were ........................

excerpt

The health insurance industry has been working until recently to help draft legislation, while publicly endorsing President Barack Obama's goal of affordable coverage for all Americans. The alliance has grown strained as legislation advances toward votes in Congress.

Late Sunday, the industry trade group America's Health Insurance Plans sent its member companies a new accounting firm study that projects the legislation would add $1,700 a year to the cost of family coverage in 2013, when most of the major provisions in the bill would be in effect.

Premiums for a single person would go up by $600 more than would be the case without the legislation, the PricewaterhouseCoopers analysis concluded in the study commissioned by the insurance group.

"Several major provisions in the current legislative proposal will cause health care costs to increase far faster and higher than they would under the current system," Karen Ignagni, the top industry lobbyist in Washington, wrote in a memo to insurance company CEOs.

The study projected that in 2019, family premiums could be $4,000 higher and individual premiums could be $1,500 higher.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/11...ealth-overhaul/

That Booby was changing the subject while pointing out that those with zero to say were likely to change the topic? I can't say those were my exact thoughts at the time but it's close.

Happy Columbus Day KAG! (not changing the topic, just wishing you well)

From flappy's link:

"This report is untrue, disingenuous and bought and paid for by the same health insurance companies that have been gouging too many consumers for too long as they stand in the way of reform yet again," Mulhauser said in an emailed statement. "Now that health care reform grows ever closer, these health insurers are breaking out the same, tired playbook of deception to prevent millions of Americans from getting the affordable, accessible care they need.

Stay divided and disaffected, and then be sure to bitch about how government doesn't work for you.

Richard Nixon ?

He died in 1994.

No kidding. What happened?

Nothing yet, but the politico link said:

"Look for this on the Hill as early as Monday: A report commissioned by America's Health Insurance Plans alleging that the Senate Finance Committee legislation would cause health care costs to go up faster than under the current system."

"Look for this on the Hill as early as Monday: A report commissioned by America's Health Insurance Plans alleging that the Senate Finance Committee legislation would cause health care costs to go up faster than under the current system."

Shocking and completely surprising: the health INSURANCE industry doesn't want no damned reform. Clearly, we should all take their advice and do nothing that would threaten their profitability.

Shocking and completely surprising: the health INSURANCE industry doesn't want no damned reform. Clearly, we should all take their advice and do nothing that would threaten their profitability.

Got your front row seats to the new Michael Moore movie yet?

One of the commenters at the bottom of the Politico piece makes a good point that there are two things being discussed--one is the deficit impact and the other is the out of pocket cost to individuals.

This is the real issue in all of this and sadly it ignores the real important issue which is the ACTUAL COST OF CARE, NOT WHO IS PAYING FOR THE CARE.

As near as I can tell, none of the current legislation does anything about the cost of care--all the current proposals do is shift the burden to pay around and around between companies, individuals, the government, etc.... Costs appear to be free to increase and, fortunately, we are likely to have a whole new layer of bureacracy on top of this.

Hroth

From flappy's link:
"This report is untrue, disingenuous and bought and paid for by the same health insurance companies that have been gouging too many consumers for too long as they stand in the way of reform yet again," Mulhauser said in an emailed statement. "Now that health care reform grows ever closer, these health insurers are breaking out the same, tired playbook of deception to prevent millions of Americans from getting the affordable, accessible care they need.

Stay divided and disaffected, and then be sure to bitch about how government doesn't work for you.

Work for me? I want the government to stay out of as much as possible. Unlike you I do not feel the need to be looked after in the business aspect, I want protection all right but from the Government. Knock down state lines to increase competiveness, why is that not happening Chuck - please tell us. I know; do you? Whose pockets are being lined? Who has the majority and can change this? The Republicans? Do not give me your "state rights" crap, it can be over-ridden.

From flappy's link:

Work for me? I want the government to stay out of as much as possible. Unlike you I do not feel the need to be looked after in the business aspect, I want protection all right but from the Government. Knock down state lines to increase competiveness, why is that not happening Chuck - please tell us. I know; do you? Whose pockets are being lined? Who has the majority and can change this? The Republicans? Do not give me your "state rights" crap, it can be over-ridden.

A true liberal is one who thinks that government actually works efficiently.

A true liberal is one who thinks that government actually works efficiently.

Buncha Hooey. A true regressive thinks he can tell what others think about things without having a clue themselves.

That Booby was changing the subject while pointing out that those with zero to say were likely to change the topic? I can't say those were my exact thoughts at the time but it's close.

Happy Columbus Day KAG! (not changing the topic, just wishing you well)

Thank you d'ranger, right back at ya.....and thank you FDR. :rolleyes:

Archived