America's Cup: Italians accuse Kiwis of 'arrogance and disrespect' towards Luna Rossa
“For days now, the New Zealand media have been repeating that the defenders are superior and will have an easy time with Luna Rossa, to the point that the contest should be a mere formality.
“... It is...
Yes, we were telling that the Prada would select the best light wind boat while the match would help the defending boat designed for strong conditions, equipped with smaller foils, the kiwi defense varied between, "it's part of the AC" to "wind conditions will be the same for the match".
Spithill tells that LR has been optimized for the lower range of wind.
Interestingly we were telling here a year ago that the Prada would select the best boat for light conditions while the match would favour the boat designed for stronger conditions.
Up to now the Prada, with one or two...
Hard to tell but we can guess that LR was willing to keep the full control on the CSS, whether finishing it or not.
The hole was filled by the "deemed received at the same time".
There are two litigious points :
1) we know challenges were not received at the same time
2) how can a defender...
As wrote above,
1) there is no succession plan for the CoR, the only to change it is if he "wishes to relinquish its position".
2) a new CoR can only be elected by challengers but "RNZYS shall have a veto right on such election"
So, if LR does not win the CSS then what the protocol calls "The...
Your argument about the AC50 or F50 is the best. However the AC75 is a heavier boat and we have seen these two foils in the water in strong conditions, they might be able to go very deep then. It may not mean better vmg but just to avoid a gybe in some conditions.
Watching again this video:
1) They seem to have less foil arm cant
2) They fly higher with same amount of foil arm immerged
3) The foil is more centered = less RM = allows to fly in ligther wind and deeper.
So, what is about the "endplating" or is it pure bullshit ?