Cancelling races for chance of thunderstorms in general would mean no racing from Maryland to Florida from May to September more or less. DryArmour is doing some work for this specific forecast for this specific place.
Agree and disagree.
If I am starting a PHRF "big boat" race, the assumption is the boats can take care of themselves.
For dinghy classes, which frequently include juniour sailors, I for one would not just ignore potential weather issues. I have in the past moved a course closer to the club and...