“COVID Is over” thread deleted

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Damn. I had just put effort into some responses and it’s been vaporized like a bicep.

Suffice to say, Vaccine good, COVID infection bad. 

Conservatives are respectable and worthy political participants, Trumplicans are annoyingly loud and empty-headed.

Did BB or anyone else get flicked? Was this a disinformation purge?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
UT
Damn. I had just put some effort into some responses and it’s been vaporized like a bicep.

Suffice to say, Vaccine good, COVID infection bad. 

Conservatives are respectable and worthy political participants, Trumplicans are annoyingly loud and empty-headed.

Did BB or anyone else get flicked? Was this a disinformation purge?
BB got flicked looks like.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Prolly got a TO for being a Covid bullshitter. 

get ready for a rash of new socks. 

Grog

Simple Anarchist
Germany
Maybe the lynching thread - that is gone too. 

Thanks mods !!  
Don't know anything about the "lynching thread", bur I do second the "Thanks mods!!".

SA has a reputation (at least to those who stumble over this site and the forums) and so has PA. But there is a difference between Anarchy and raving evil Bullshit, which is posted because the bullshitters think they just can.

But nope, even this cesspool has janitors.

Suck it up, bullshitters, and stay on FaceFuck and the like.

Besides, most of the BS is just dumb, dull, repetitive and boring. It turns active posters away, because why would they bother to engage the bullshitters over and over and over again? Bullshit is bad for business, right?

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Don't know anything about the "lynching thread"
Yeah, it was a short-lived thing . .  BB thought it was a good idea to bring it back. 

He doesn't know the history of it, or knows but approves. 

Sailor Robert Smalls' story is very instructive - I did not know the magnitude of the terror myself until fairly recently. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/terrorized-african-americans-champion-civil-war-hero-robert-smalls-180970031/

Apparently a film is in the works - 

https://explorebeaufortsc.com/hollywood-movie-finally-being-made-about-robert-smalls/

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
chum said:
Well we can just continue the thread without him, there was some good  information.
O  pointed out that the CDC does indeed include natural immunity in their studies, as of August. I remarked that the findings conflicted with the much larger Israeli study.

I wonder what the disparity is?
The conclusion of the Israeli study is that the best possible protection is afforded by either a) getting the vaccine or b) recovering from covid and getting the vaccine.  It also says that recovering from the covid is better than the vaccine by itself.  That may be because the only variant that has survived in Israel given the high rate of vaccination is Delta, which causes a lot more breakthrough infections than the original virus.  Either way, getting the vaccine is indicated, so it is rather a moot point.  Nobody is going to go out and deliberately try to get infected.

Let move this discussion to the Covid threads, where it belongs.  Covid shouldn't be political anyway, though it has become so in the US.  It is not political in other countries, such as Canada. 

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
He’s still got a sock or two.  No way he didn’t post for a year before coming back.  Not sure what he did but he’s far from the worst here.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
chum said:
That wouldn't be an ethical way to conduct the study, I don't think anyone is that dumb either.
There you go underestimating your Trumpaloon friends.  Many have said they intentionally tried to and/or did get Covid to own the libs.  One that comes to mind in Dennis Prager.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Seriously?  You should have just given up the World Class Beaches and went to school in another state.
The only other state with world class beaches is Hawaii.  I know an eye doctor who went to UH strictly for the surfing and windsurfing but it was just to far from home for me. Plus UH’s academics and football program are, um not great.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
chum said:
Well we can just continue the thread without him, there was some good  information.
O  pointed out that the CDC does indeed include natural immunity in their studies, as of August. I remarked that the findings conflicted with the much larger Israeli study.

I wonder what the disparity is?
But you're not willing to make a fairly simple effort to find out.

- DSK