“COVID Is over” thread deleted

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Folks who are vaccinated who are still using masks and doing social isolation to the degree they feel consonant with their perception of risk are simply doing their best to soldier on while protecting themselves and their community.

Sounds like good civic behavior and a justifiable approach to modern life during a pandemic. 
Sounds like a buncha fearful libs giving up their freedumb.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
If it wasn't for the fact that the willfully ignorant are still killing responsible people, I would say go for it dumbfucks. Maybe the unvaccinated should be required to only socialize with like minded people. We could build camps with fences to keep the vaccinated people away from them. I would be happy if my tax money went to something like that. They can have all the guns, ammo, bleach and veterinary medications they want. Freedumb.
Might I suggest Floriduh?

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
I disagree strongly that acquired/natural immunity is measurably better than vaccination-acquired immunity to covid. the claims that it is 13X better is impossible to sustain with any kind of publicly available statistics.

Easy way to test this: go to your favorite source of covid statistics, look for how many people get covid twice. Then compare this to the percentage of vaccinated people get breakthrough infections.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33718968/   looks at reinfection rates and rate of serious illness in reinfection, concludes that acquired/natural immunity is 82% effective... ie not as good as vaccine.

This study is Kaiser-Permannente, in Cali https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8373524/     looks at reinfection and serious illness (hospitalization), and reinfection rate around 1% and hospitalization rate around 0.1%

These numbers alone suggest strongly that if acquired/natural immunity is better, it's not A LOT!! better, as in 10X and certainly not 27X as a RWNJ neighbor claimed last week. Why do Trumpalos hate-hate-hate the vaccine so much?

Anyway, here's a fairly readable source https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2021/08/breakthrough-infections    that says the rate of breakthrough infections... people sick enough to seek treatment, as a percentage of the number of the vaccinated, is 0.02% (in other words, vaccines are the ones that are ~ 10X better)

I would encourage anyone to look at multiple credible sources of medical info, not cherry-pick or surf Parler

And this is a "freedom of speech" issue in regard to the responsibility that accompanies any right.

- DSK
It does get messy.  I would ask though -  What's the method of action?  Why would a vaccine that replicates only a small fraction of the virus toolkit be demonstrably better at protecting an individual than having a patient's immune system actually fight off the whole collection of tricks in the Virus playbook?

These sorts of cohort studies are always confounding.  My guess is that the truth lies in the same truth as to why there's variation between Moderna and Pfeizer in the first place.  They use the same mRNA, but Moderna is 3x as much mRNA dosage than Pfeizer and creates a stronger response - both in good and bad effects.  But overall, they're pretty similar.  Getting COVID itself has a similar range of response, depending on how quick an individuals immune system responds and what was the initial viral load.

The only reason I can imagine that the vaccine creates a stronger response overall is because the load of mRNA is actually much higher than what an average person would experience through the natural progression of the virus.  That actually feeds the narrative that the vaccine is 'more dangerous', FWIW because it IS a heavier load that what you'd nominally have to go through.  But, it's non-replicating.  So there's that.

I don't think there's ever going to be a clean answer and do appreciate the links. 

As I said in the deleted thread, everyone on earth is going to have to run the COVID gauntlet.  I'd rather do it on my terms.

Intellectually, I'm against compelled vaccines for 'the public good' simply because I don't trust governments to not abuse that power over time.  I would rather rely on convincing people, than coercing.  I don't trust Joe Biden to responsibly use that authority any more than I trusted Donald Trump when he used that authority.  I think they've both made dumb decisions in the name of the 'public good' where public good = THEIR likelihood of re-election.

But honestly, I don't care that much in this particular case and people are so wrapped up in their own politics, convincing is kind of a fool's errand.  That ship has sailed, unfortunately.  The vaccine is remarkable.  The worst impacts of the disease are dramatically reduced through even one shot.  This is a 'duh' vaccine, up there with MMR, polio, etc.  I feel bad for anyone that has an adverse reaction but compared to the disease itself, the side effects are minimal.  I truly believe that if you have a bad time with the side effects from the vaccine, COVID itself would probably kill you outright.

There IS a issue with the Lipid anchors for the mRNA shots.  That's real and deserves consideration.  I'm actually looking forward to the non-injectable vaccines.  I think that's better for the world as a whole.  I hope they work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
So, I'll ask again because no one answered the first time.......  If the vaccine is too scary to get because of:

• A:  It's long term safety is unproven
  • B:  It's a gov't conspiracy to control you
  • C:  I don't need no shot, it's just the flu
  • D:  Muh Rats

How come then do these very same people take ivermectin, inject bleach, and use intense UV light on their anus??  BB said he was prepared for COVID with "40 tabs" of Ivermectin in case he got sick.I about shit myself laughing.  

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
quod umbra said:
Shame BB got tossed. Not because I like or appreciated his offerings, I wished he would stick to facts.....but because everyone is entitled to their opinion. Disturbing trend back here in PA, trying to silence those who the in crowd disagrees with. Which one of you snow flakes made a stink? Come on, own it.

Here in the bedroom communities of NYC, almost no one is wearing masks. It is very, very rare with the exception of the post office........
Spouse just got her third jab..... partly because of her work, and partly because she is jetting off to the UK to see her parents.
Will get a first hand report on England in 10 days time or so. Will report back then so you weenies can whine on.
You’re making a couple of assumptions. First off, I don’t think it’s clear anyone complained about Bozo. The mods read these threads, and one that screams “COVID misinformation” is certainly going to attract attention.

And we also don’t know that it was this thread that caused the mods to revoke his privileges. Apparently there was another thread involving lynching? 

Baby sounds like he was testing the limits of the thread police, and found out they are not willing to be pushed around.

Society comes with both rights and responsibilities for individuals: seems many Jan 6ers and social media hotheads are surprised they must respect important boundaries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
You’re making a couple of assumptions. First off, I don’t think it’s clear anyone complained about Bozo. The mods read these threads, and one that screams “COVID misinformation” is certainly going to attract attention.

And we also don’t know that it was this thread that caused the mods to revoke his privileges. Apparently there was another thread involving lynching? 

Baby sounds like he was testing the limits of the thread police, and found out they are not willing to be pushed around.

Society comes with both rights and responsibilities for individuals: seems many Jan 6ers and social media hotheads are surprised they must respect important boundaries.
I would bet money he was flicked because of the lynching thread. It was so far beyond acceptable that he *should* have been flicked because of it. And it was in the thread title, so any mod doing a quick scan would have caught it right away.

Personally if I was a mod and saw that I would ban him for life.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
I would bet money he was flicked because of the lynching thread. It was so far beyond acceptable that he *should* have been flicked because of it. And it was in the thread title, so any mod doing a quick scan would have caught it right away.

Personally if I was a mod and saw that I would ban him for life.
I missed his lunching thread.

Synopsis?

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
So, I'll ask again because no one answered the first time.......  If the vaccine is too scary to get because of:

• A:  It's long term safety is unproven
  • B:  It's a gov't conspiracy to control you
  • C:  I don't need no shot, it's just the flu
  • D:  Muh Rats

How come then do these very same people take ivermectin, inject bleach, and use intense UV light on their anus??  BB said he was prepared for COVID with "40 tabs" of Ivermectin in case he got sick.I about shit myself laughing.  
I think it's just a control thing.  Honestly, I think its the same logic that convinces some people to conceal-carry.  Statistics and facts don't really matter.  Its about emotional coping mechanism to deal with an  amorphous and unresolvable fear.

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
Yah what BS said. The title was something about how a lynching would have been appropriate. The post itself  had a photo of the suspect of a recent high profile vehicular crime.

It was pretty disgusting.
BB in general has been pretty disgusting since his "return". He is probably happier on Parler.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
The only other state with world class beaches is Hawaii.  I know an eye doctor who went to UH strictly for the surfing and windsurfing but it was just to far from home for me. Plus UH’s academics and football program are, um not great.
dude!!! Seriously?? This country is blessed with a fantastic beaches all over the place. 

The beaches on the Great Lakes don’t even have nasty assed salt water!!

Or dangerous creatures 

obviously, you have not visited California 

or Cape Cod 

shit dude… the list is endless. 

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
dude!!! Seriously?? This country is blessed with a fantastic beaches all over the place. 

The beaches on the Great Lakes don’t even have nasty assed salt water!!

Or dangerous creatures 

obviously, you have not visited California 

or Cape Cod 

shit dude… the list is endless. 
A critical component in the evaluation of world class beaches is the water temperature.  80 degrees or more for most of the year being the cutoff.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
A critical component in the evaluation of world class beaches is the water temperature.  80 degrees or more for most of the year being the cutoff.
One man’s opinion and one with which I differ.

Warmer water carries all sorts of nasty stuff that causes sickness snd even death. 
I will grant, swimming on a California beach is not my idea of comfortable. 
However, the Mike’s of beaches at Presque Isle on Lake Erie are filled with thousands of people every summer because the swimming is fantastic and there are no man-o-war or other creatures who destroy bear feet. 

But… they didn’t film this in FLA