1/6 Committee

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Cheney and Thompson agree on some pretty important fundamentals: patriotism, honesty, democracy and Justice.

The duopoly appreciates your slavish support, but I wouldn’t mind giving the two party system a tremendous fuck you for putting us in this predicament.

Biden had an opportunity to make Democrats the champions of democracy, but he blew it when he didn’t focus his first year on voting rights and ending gerrymandering.

At this point my goals don’t include propping up the economy while legitimizing the polarization that enabled Trump to attack our nations Capitol with the support of his sycophants.

I disagree with Jeffy, in that I’d rather build that bitch up and tell people to hike harder.

We need some no-nonsense consensus building and compromise. Democrats have to learn how to be spendthrifts, and Republicans need to relearn civic values.

Tell me exactly which policy you think is more important for our nation’s future. or at least try.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You seem to fall into the error of thinking that the Democratic Party is the mirror image of the Republican Party.

And while Thompson and Cheney may agree on the surface about "patriotism, honesty, democracy and Justice" it's a sucker bet that Liz Cheney would define all four of those differently than you or I would.

FWIW I completely agree about building the bitch up and telling people to hike harder. As for the parties, the Democrats need some leadership, the Republicans need to reject treason. They're a long way from even grasping that "civic values" are a real thing.

IMHO the biggest problem with this country is a fragmented culture and the success of MBAs. Starting in approximately the Reagan, profit went from being a desirable goal to inviolate sacred tablet of fire. Reinvesting and stewardship ... not to mention civic values... went right out the window. The wealth of this country has been increasingly concentrated into a smaller and smaller group and the actual workers pushed further and further down; now we have families with multiple wage-earners working 60+ hours a week who not only cannot afford the 1950s lifestyle of car & suburban house & cheerful kids in school, they can't afford food much less health care... and this is affecting the economy because our workers cannot afford the consumer goods we outsourced to China, and business people are bitching that workers have unrealistic expectations of wages "because the gov't hands them so much money."

There are two places to go.... upwards, or else tear at each other like rats in an overcrowded cage. Upwards will require rekindling good will and leadership.

Last edited:

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I would think she is in less danger than she was before she testified.
Logical, if The threat was a Clinton style conspiracy where Don Jr is organizing hits with Putin and Ivanka is borrowing VX handkerchiefs from Little Kim. The danger is the unthinking MAGA rednecks that even now fly Trump flags over their modest yards. They didn’t know her name until yesterday. Now she’s all over the conservative sites for spreading ‘lies’ and making their glorious leader look bad.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I have no doubt Trump thru ketchup on the wall, etc. but hearsay allowed in a hearing? This girl wasnt in the car with the secret service and trump. She is relaying what someone told her. The agent in the car lis going to testify under oath that her version of him lunging and grabbing wheels was false. Yet its a primary story on all the news.

Actually the agent in question has already testified. Publicly, he said it did not happen that way but then again, in public he can say what he wants without penalty of perjury.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I have no doubt Trump thru ketchup on the wall, etc. but hearsay allowed in a hearing? This girl wasnt in the car with the secret service and trump. She is relaying what someone told her. The agent in the car lis going to testify under oath that her version of him lunging and grabbing wheels was false. Yet its a primary story on all the news.
SS agents will do anything to not have to testify against those they are sworn to protect. Thanks to Ken Starr requiring them to appear in Bill's bj case the precedent has been set. So far it is unknown sources and only a primary story on the nutjob sites you subscribe to. Only a fool will lie under oath as perjury is a crime and easy to prove.

The primary story is Trump and his minions knew the crowd was armed and he wanted them to stay armed as they stormed the Capitol building. The GOP is in full blown spin cycle trying to divert and deflect from this, so they are focusing on the inane. You aren't very good at this and should consider sticking to sailing topics.

Expat Canuck

Anarchist
Salish Sea
SS agents will do anything to not have to testify against those they are sworn to protect. Thanks to Ken Starr requiring them to appear in Bill's bj case the precedent has been set. So far it is unknown sources and only a primary story on the nutjob sites you subscribe to. Only a fool will lie under oath as perjury is a crime and easy to prove.

The primary story is Trump and his minions knew the crowd was armed and he wanted them to stay armed as they stormed the Capitol building. The GOP is in full blown spin cycle trying to divert and deflect from this, so they are focusing on the inane. You aren't very good at this and should consider sticking to sailing topics.
More to the point, Trump and his minions KNEW that the election results were legitimate.
The entire basis for the Jan 6 Trump rally was a lie, and they knew it!

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I see the returd is still the thin skinned asshole who can post shit and expect us to admire it. So what was it Peter Andersen was flicked for and how many IDs is this?

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
@Peter Andersen Does Trump grabbing the steering wheel or wrestling in some fashion with the SS matter? Ms Hutchinson shared the story circulating among Trump's inner circle, showing their understanding of the situation. It may have been true, or slightly enhanced. He may have meekly lowered his eyes when the secret service refused. The hearsay is a claim by his own inner circle that Trump had the balls to lead his insurrection personally but lacked the thighs. It has been established that they knew they lost the election. They tried to change the ballots, then the electoers. Republican leadership gave security briefings and otherwise aided in an insurrection. There is likely to be civil war the next time they try. Ignoring the will of the people has consequences.
1656521843217.png
1656522448336.png

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

Morning Joe offers profane advice to longtime 'buddy' Mark Meadows​

"Hey, Mark, I've known you for a long time, buddy, you're in deep sh*t," Scarborough said. "You're in the middle of this conspiracy. You may want to get yourself a really, really good defense attorney. To quote Donald Trump, you may want to get one of those. Oh, wait, here's an idea, Mark. You can do something that you've refused to do for years now. You can show courage and you can tell the truth. Hey, Mark, Donald Trump won't protect you. He will throw you under the bus, he will stab you in the back, he will let you rot in jail. Defend the country or, well, get ready to pay a criminal defense attorney a lot of money."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ice-to-longtime-buddy-mark-meadows/ar-AAYZOLL

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I have no doubt Trump thru ketchup on the wall, etc. but hearsay allowed in a hearing?
Of course it is - it is an informational hearing, not a prosecution. It also may be admissible in court if it meets one of the exceptions when the declarant is dead, refuses to testify on a constitutional bases, or is otherwise unavailable.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I have no doubt Trump thru ketchup on the wall, etc. but hearsay allowed in a hearing?
Of course it is - it is an informational hearing, not a prosecution. It also may be admissible in court if it meets one of the exceptions when the declarant is dead, refuses to testify on a constitutional bases, or is otherwise unavailable.

Trump's tantrums are only indicative of what he was thinking, and how he was likely to act. Not really important to the case. His assault of his own guards somewhat more so; I think the committee already has either testimony or depositions from all gov't employees who are witnesses or likely witnesses. That would include the Secret Service.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
The real story is that the fat slob of a loser isn't fit enough to walk with his mob of vigilantes to the Capitol.

If he'd gotten out of The Beast and started walking with his "people", the members of the Meal Team 6 Brigade would probably have tried to carry him there.

The state of the nation saved by the fat loser's love of fried chicken and tater tots.

Latest posts