1/6 Committee

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Why was the NG told to stay away?  
The NG was told specifically by the DC mayor to stay away.  She did not want their help and sent an official letter to the US gov't saying so.  She then clarified in a tweet that she wanted no armed troops on the streets and reiterated that SHE and the MPD were the only ones who would be keeping the peace on the DC streets.  There absolutely are likely other nefarious reasons why they were delayed getting there once the SHTF, but the mayor herself bears the brunt of the blame for why they were not there BEFORE the riot started.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
UT
The NG was told specifically by the DC mayor to stay away.  She did not want their help and sent an official letter to the US gov't saying so.  There absolutely were likely other nefarious reasons why they were delayed getting there once the SHTF, but the mayor herself bears the brunt of the blame for why they were not there BEFORE hand.  
Hence the need for the hearing and investigation 

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
YOU LIE!  I was not bothsiding this.  Nor did I say it was "equally" on her hands.  However, she had a significant role as a result of her hubris and inaction.  TFG was clearly to blame for the insurrection and there is no whitewashing that fact.  However, in fairness to the truth, Bowser and the DC po-LEECE absolutely bear their share of the responsibility for what happened.  The DC MPD should have absolutely been the first line of defense for the capitol.  That there was minimal PD on the streets ahead of this, that they didn't have a perimeter set up around the Capitol Bldg as well as Bowser-Bitch SPECIFICALLY saying she did NOT want the NG involved and under no circumstances were they to be deployed without specific notification from her all points to a severe breakdown in her responsibilities to the city.  None of that had anything to do with or was controlled by Shitstain.  There are lots of heads that need to roll over this.  Hers is just one of many.  But hers needs to be in the basket of heads along with the orange one.  But you want to absolve her of any wrongdoing because she's black and has a D by her name.  
The DC MPD have absolutely no authority on Federal property unless specifically authorized by Federal officials.  Guess who that might be.  She could request all day and it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference.

"DC po-LEECE"???  "Bowser-Bitch"??? Letting your pesky little racial biases peek around the corner a smidge there aren't you?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
The NG was told specifically by the DC mayor to stay away.  She did not want their help and sent an official letter to the US gov't saying so.  There absolutely were likely other nefarious reasons why they were delayed getting there once the SHTF, but the mayor herself bears the brunt of the blame for why they were not there BEFORE hand.  
Hence the need for the hearing and investigation 
Agreed.   I've never once said otherwise.  I hope Nance and the boyz leave no stones unturned.  And then I hope she goes on a scorched earth policy once the truth comes out and goes medieval on the holmes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch .

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
The NG was told specifically by the DC mayor to stay away.  She did not want their help and sent an official letter to the US gov't saying so.  She then clarified in a tweet that she wanted no armed troops on the streets and reiterated that SHE and the MPD were the only ones who would be keeping the peace on the DC streets.  There absolutely are likely other nefarious reasons why they were delayed getting there once the SHTF, but the mayor herself bears the brunt of the blame for why they were not there BEFORE the riot started.  
The National Guard is not under the control of the DC Mayor.  

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
The DC MPD have absolutely no authority on Federal property unless specifically authorized by Federal officials.  Guess who that might be.  

Go ahead and have an opinion before you have facts. 

"DC po-LEECE"???  "Bowser-Bitch"??? Letting your pesky little racial biases peek around the corner a smidge there aren't you?
Did I fucking say "Federal Property"???  I said they should have been deployed on the DC streets in anticipation of this event.  They could easily have set a perimeter up around the area and blocked the rioters from ever getting to the Capitol.  

And the fact that she's black has fuck all to do with my disdain.  If she were a lily white mayor of good WASP descent..... I'd still call her bowser bitch.  She failed at her job.  Plain and simple.  

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
The National Guard is not under the control of the DC Mayor.  
No she's not in control of the NG.  What's your point?  Have you even read the letter and her tweet?  

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
YOU LIE!  I was not bothsiding this.  Nor did I say it was "equally" on her hands.  However, she had a significant role as a result of her hubris and inaction.  TFG was clearly to blame for the insurrection and there is no whitewashing that fact.  However, in fairness to the truth, Bowser and the DC po-LEECE absolutely bear their share of the responsibility for what happened.  The DC MPD should have absolutely been the first line of defense for the capitol.  That there was minimal PD on the streets ahead of this, that they didn't have a perimeter set up around the Capitol Bldg as well as Bowser-Bitch SPECIFICALLY saying she did NOT want the NG involved and under no circumstances were they to be deployed without specific notification from her all points to a severe breakdown in her responsibilities to the city.  None of that had anything to do with or was controlled by Shitstain.  There are lots of heads that need to roll over this.  Hers is just one of many.  But hers needs to be in the basket of heads along with the orange one.  But you want to absolve her of any wrongdoing because she's black and has a D by her name.  
This paragraph eats itself.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Expand   Expand  
This paragraph eats itself.
It's not bothersidering, you stupid cunt.  It's ALL-sidering.  Just like the 9/11 committee found fault with all levels of gov't and intel, I'm hoping the 6/1 committee finds the truth and fault with all the players that day.  There were breakdowns in intel, security, LE and so on.  Was she the "cause" of the insurrection???  Of course not.  But she and others, from all corners of the gov't and society, bear responsibility for not seeing it and not preventing it.  If we are focusing only on one aspect of this, then we have failed before we've even begun.  

Olsonist

New Oak City
It's not bothersidering, you stupid cunt.  It's ALL-sidering.  Just like the 9/11 committee found fault with all levels of gov't and intel, I'm hoping the 6/1 committee finds the truth and fault with all the players that day.  There were breakdowns in intel, security, LE and so on.  Was she the "cause" of the insurrection???  Of course not.  But she and others, from all corners of the gov't and society, bear responsibility for not seeing it and not preventing it.  If we are focusing only on one aspect of this, then we have failed before we've even begun.  
Even better.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Shame on them for ignoring all the intel reports leading up to the day.
Trump and his dipshit fuckwads are solely responsible for the riot. The damage caused by the riot and the response to the riot can be debated. Trump and everyone of his little minions should be in jail right now. The only debate we should be having is whether to shoot them or throw them in prison for life. End of story.

Olsonist

New Oak City
Shame on them for ignoring all the intel reports leading up to the day.
I think Shitstain was well aware of the intel reports when he ordered the DC Guard to protect the protesters and be stood down. I'm sure when he sent the crowd of 15,000 down Pennsylvania Ave saying I'll be with you that he knew that he'd told the DC Guard to stand down. The House + Senate Sergeants At Arms ordered that the Capitol Police not use lethal tactics but they didn't do that by Pelosi or Moscow Mitch's order. It then took 5 hours for the Guard to respond after being requested 12 times. At that point the insurrection had failed so it was just face saving.

But Pelosi + Bowser are at fault for ignoring intel reports. What proof do you have that they ignored intel reports?

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
El Mariachi said:
They are doing just that.  Over 500 minions so far.  But those rednecks didn't organize, advertise, pay for or direct this spontaneously.  It's time to move up the ladder.
Edited for simplicity.
It's like arguing with Patrick the starfish, if he was a mean drunk.

iu

Olsonist

New Oak City
Finally we agree on something. It’s critical that the committee look at all sides and all aspects of this event to find out what went wrong why and how to stop it in the future. If They don’t look at every aspect that went wrong, then we will learn nothing.
Yeah, I don't think so. Ok, I'm going to do some of your homework for you. You're welcome.

There was no intelligence report for Pelosi and Bowser to ignore:

But the DHS and the FBI do not create an intelligence report focused specifically on the upcoming pro-Trump rally.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/15/956842958/what-we-know-so-far-a-timeline-of-security-at-the-capitol-on-january-6

There was some raw intelligence shared by the Norfolk PD and sent to a Capitol Police desk sergeant. The MPD also got something but  the email did not come with any sort of alert to its importance.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Furthermore, if the only thing you hope comes out of this investigation is finger-pointing and blame laying at the feet of the Republicans and we do not get into the rest of everything that broke down that led up to this – then you are as big of a Partisan cunt as the man you (and I) hope to convict.

if this is instead a true fact-finding mission that I hope they undertake, then blame will definitely be laid at the feet of shit stain and the Republicans, in addition to all of the other areas that failed that day. If we do not look at all aspects of what happened that day and everything that led up to that day - then this really IS nothing more than a witchhunt. 

there should be three major conclusions to come out of this investigation. What happened, why did it happen, and what do we do to prevent it from ever happening again.  If we don’t address all of the issues, we will never be able to answer those three questions.