1/6 Committee

billsreef

Anarchist
Miami
Wait. I thought he said he wanted to testify. In person.

Are you saying he is not a man of his word?

The Faithful will not be happy with you besmirching the name and reputation of the mostest honest and sucessfullest businessman in the history of the universe.
Surprise! Not.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Same approach doesn't work on an arrest warrant.
I've got an idea.
How about a police person simply arrests him, reads him his rights, throws him in jail and when his solicitor arrives to demand what charge he's being held on, they reply "stolen election" and when his lawyer demands his charge or release, the cop says "no"
Law according to Trump.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
One by one the roaches are being dragged out into the sunlight. of note is that Alito and Thomas would have granted her petition.

You can be sure there are a lot of calls with Ginni Thomas in those records. Will that be enough for Clarence to recuse, or even better, retire?

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Yes. Enough fucking around. He'll just keep ignoring the law for as long as possible, which could be *forever* with this miniscule level of legal pushback.
Having the Feds raid him and a perp walk out would be a fitting end to the red wave.
I think reading him his Miranda rights and the taping his rants after the fact would be a prosecutors goldmine.

Grog

Anarchist's Anarchist
Germany
Well, so far, I am not really surprised by the findings of commitee. Most of it was obvious.

What I am surprised of is the amount of consequences for just about anyone but the lowliest nincomcoupers. There are virtually none, so far. And dickhead number one even has the nerve to start another round of grifting by running for president, again.

As I have read in some thread around here, justice not going after people running for office is more of a habit rather than law.

I think it is time break with this habit. High time, actually.

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Well, so far, I am not really surprised by the findings of commitee. Most of it was obvious.

What I am surprised of is the amount of consequences for just about anyone but the lowliest nincomcoupers. There are virtually none, so far. And dickhead number one even has the nerve to start another round of grifting by running for president, again.

As I have read in some thread around here, justice not going after people running for office is more of a habit rather than law.

I think it is time break with this habit. High time, actually.

Totally agree- I am still wondering about the Congresscritters that were reported as giving tours to insurrectionists the days before. The J6 hearings did briefly discuss the insurrectionists apparent knowledge of the layout of Congressional offices... a confusing warren of halls with little or no signage.

Protecting their own? Nothing there? I dunno, but it seems pretty significant to me.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Totally agree- I am still wondering about the Congresscritters that were reported as giving tours to insurrectionists the days before. The J6 hearings did briefly discuss the insurrectionists apparent knowledge of the layout of Congressional offices... a confusing warren of halls with little or no signage.

Protecting their own? Nothing there? I dunno, but it seems pretty significant to me.

Not just them. This guy knew all about the Capitol, including which windows were unreinforced.

A federal watchdog is accusing the Architect of the Capitol, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump, of ethics violations over an offer to provide tours to “patriots” weeks before the November 2020 election.

The inspector general with oversight over J. Brett Blanton, the Architect of the Capitol, found that one of his immediate family members offered private tours of the US Capitol in September 2020 while the building was closed due to Covid-19, according to a newly released report.

A post on social media included photos of Blanton and the family member from the dome of the Capitol with a comment stating: “This is happening!!!” and “All PATRIOTS welcome,” according to the report. That comment was later edited to read: “*Patriots=Americans who love America. Not a candidate,” the report said.

Grog

Anarchist's Anarchist
Germany

Those critters will be small change, one way or another.

For those people, I don't even care about them spending time in prison. If that is what is needed to string a federal punishment around their neck so that they can never run for or being elected into any public office again, so be it.

These bullshitters need to be banned from the political landscape, forever.

TFG however, yeah, he should not only be banned from running for any office for life but indeed serve time behind bars. And if that means "life" for him, fine.