100 ultra orthodox Jews kicked off airtran flight

mikewof

mikewof
Unruly teenagers. Not sure what their religion has to do with it....
Indeed. There are rules that everyone must follow in order to fly. Don't follow them, don't fly. Religion has nothing to do with this.
Want your kids to be able to fly? Teach them not to be obnoxious assholes.
I remember as a kid, flying was almost religious. We dressed up for a flight, tried to be quiet, the salesmen ogled the priestesses dressed in those cute stewardess skirts, and all the priestesses were attractive, none of that equal opportunity stuff. (I remember years later walking through a back hallway at Stapleton with a senior stewardess just hazing the living crap out of a cute new stewardess, telling her the uniform wasn't pressed and that her makeup was horrible and this poor gal stood there, tears gelled in her eyes, just summoning every bit of strength she had to keep from crying.)

The pilots were mad cool with the kids, I always got the wings, sometimes metal ones. (Still have a sweet collection of them at my mom's house.) And it was very, very obvious that the pilot had been drinking, the cockpit smelled like my neighbor's house during the Broncos game, the smell of good cognac, but good pilots drank and good copilots looked out for good pilots, so it seemed okay to me as a kid, I just assumed that all proficient adults drank all the time, and the only reason my dad didn't drink much was because he worked around machinery that could kill a person and needed to stay sharp. The cigarette smoke on the plane was incredible,

Maybe that was the difference between a plane and a church, just the smoke. The rest of it seemed similar.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
I hate flying.

I hate stewardesses.

I hate the TSA.

I hate airlines.

I hate airports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Junkyard Dog

Super Anarchist
N/A
Anybody know the difference between BG and Malarkey?

me either.

rl-scoot-2.jpg
Holy shit, that is is funny.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Sol, I have totally lost track of the stages, which one is it where Malarkey claims others are melting down? TIA. Is this perhaps a new stage? 2.02.5.6 perhaps?

I am lining up eLawyers just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
If "good effort" is a euphemism for I shit with my fingers when posting, then I agree.

And Sol, 'fourest for the threes'? classic.

Owen

Super Anarchist
Camarillo
Within the elementary school, Leonard Zeplin and Rabbi Lawrence Schwed are principals of the lower school (grades Pre-K through 5.

That name rocks.

Maybe they should have been going to California insted.

Death Roll

Super Anarchist
Within the elementary school, Leonard Zeplin and Rabbi Lawrence Schwed are principals of the lower school (grades Pre-K through 5.

That name rocks.

Maybe they should have been going to California insted.
If they'd taken a night flight maybe the kids would have been calmer.

I hate flying.

I hate stewardesses.

I hate the TSA.

I hate airlines.

I hate airports.
with the exception that I only hate commercial flying, it seems we are finally in total agreement with eachother. Flying out of atlanta a few hours ago was great, though. Climbing out through cloud layers at dusk is awesome no matter how miserable the four hour layover was. The kind of view that makes me question my career choice for a desk...

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
When 100 roman Catholic kids get kicked off a plane il let you know. Loved how they complained about being targeted because of their religion. They were booted because they were rude.
this is one of the sanest things you have ever said.

sobered up?

Bull Gator

Banned
When 100 roman Catholic kids get kicked off a plane il let you know. Loved how they complained about being targeted because of their religion. They were booted because they were rude.
sobered up?
Point being as I said in a previous thread ultra orthodox Jews are generally hostile and rude to people of other religions.

mikewof

mikewof
sobered up?
Point being as I said in a previous thread ultra orthodox Jews are generally hostile and rude to people of other religions.
And in related news, French parents are generally sexually abusive to their children.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-18517355

FlyingScot310

Anarchist
WLIS
sobered up?
And secular Jews.

Bull Gator

Banned
Yes they really hate secular Jews. They are like a more benign version of the Taliban.