1000 ASSault weapons seized from house in LA

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I saw that on our local news, the house is in Holmby Hills, which is arguably the priciest area in Los Angeles. The pics that I saw showed mostly hunting and collector type weapons, I saw no assault or combat arms.

I think the owner is likely legitimate and this is the wrong neighborhood for a crime of any kind. I see a major lawsuit in the future, LAPD possibly picked on the wrong person whoever they are.
You think Drug lords live in ghetto's ? It's a strange idea people have that Crime bosses don't live in "nice suburbs"

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Have you ever fired a gun?  I hadn't until a few years ago and realizing I knew nothing about guns, got my concealed carry permit.  I don't carry but it makes transporting to the range easier.  I enjoy target shooting and when at home my guns are locked (trigger0 and locked (vault0.  Tighter than Bull Gator's pussy (but you don't know him).  Again, if you came out, it would be at most a week of abuse but most likely a week of praise for showing some nuts.  Where do you want to be in 5yrs?
Bull Gator used to admit to owning a Glock. Fakenews is probably unaware of his neighbor’s fetish for handguns. 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
So handguns are ok, but assault type weapons are
Handguns, according to TeamD Senators.

Like this one:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

And you're not going to get AJ to say that any guns are OK.

He made the mistake of saying "varmint" guns might be OK once and now won't say whether our squirrel guns qualify.

guns are still for cowards (cept for utilitarian varmint & small guns) 
That does NOT mean these:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
You think Drug lords live in ghetto's ? It's a strange idea people have that Crime bosses don't live in "nice suburbs"
That neighborhood has extremely low crime and the average home runs close to $20 million. Shady characters stick to the valley. 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
That neighborhood has extremely low crime and the average home runs close to $20 million. Shady characters stick to the valley. 
That's Bullshit....the middlemen may "stick to the "Valley" The top of those food chains live in Nice quiet wealthy suburbs, sent their kids to the local "nice schools" and their wives mingle among us "normal" folks drinking coffee with us normal Mums.DAMHIKT.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
That's Bullshit....the middlemen may "stick to the "Valley" The top of those food chains live in Nice quiet wealthy suburbs, sent their kids to the local "nice schools" and their wives mingle among us "normal" folks drinking coffee with us normal Mums.DAMHIKT.
Oh! Okay

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Anyone with a thousand assault weapons is a HUGE threat to public safety.  Kind of like a a ginormous Africanized Bee Hive only way deadlier.

Glad this monster was stopped only a day after another school shooting. 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Shootist Jeff said:
So, I'm curious......  Had this not been Kalifornia where just having the wrong color gun is illegal - would the fact that he had a 1000 gunz still bother you all?  I suspect all the outrage here is that he had a 1000 gunz and lots of ammo rather than the fact that he was doing some things that were technically illegal in KA but would be perfectly a non-event in other free states.  I don't hear anyone talking about the actual violations of state law here in this thread, just the shock and dismay that how dare he have 1000 gunz.

Yes, while there may have been some technically illegal gunz in violation of KA's draconian laws, the vast majority of the rifles seemed like military collectible bolt action rifles from WWI and WWII and such with a lot of other sporting long guns and a lot of revolvers and target dogball guns.  Doesn't seem like the type who is hoarding weapons for the zombie armageddon.  Its a shame, I'll bet it was a beautiful collection he had in a nice secure basement probably set up like a museum. 

Yeah, he was a dumbass for breaking the letter of the law, and will face the legal consequences.  But I doubt he was a threat to anyone.
I tend to agree with you. I think the cops enjoy confiscating large collections, it gives them the opportunity to grab some for themselves.

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Anyone with a thousand assault weapons is a HUGE threat to public safety.  Kind of like a a ginormous Africanized Bee Hive only way deadlier.

Glad this monster was stopped only a day after another school shooting. 
While he may not have been a threat to public safety; the assholes who knew he had the arsenal and would break into his house and steal them sure would be.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
"Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and LA Police Department officers served a search warrant in an investigation of someone suspected of manufacturing and selling illegal firearms, LAPD Officer Jeff Lee said." 

Including Cali's assualt rifle laws and having .50 Browning Machine guns

"ATF spokeswoman Ginger Colbrun said in a written statement that authorities were anonymously tipped off that someone was "conducting illegal firearms transaction outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possess." Along with the weapons, firearm manufacturing equipment and tools were also found at the home."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/us/massive-seizure-of-guns-la-trnd/index.html

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Officer “Hey what’s this?”  (Points to pile of Browning 50 cal machine guns).

Jeffreaux ‘“They’re my tools!. Leave them alone! My precious!! WHAAAAAA...”

A

Amati

Officer “Hey what’s this?”  (Points to pile of Browning 50 cal machine guns).

Jeffreaux ‘“They’re my tools!. Leave them alone! My precious!! WHAAAAAA...”
Who would consider weapons tools?

(Check all that apply)

( )Target shooters? 

( ) Sport shooters?  

( ) Collectors?

( ) Hunters?

( ) Soldiers?  

( ) Mercenaries?

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
What are "firearm manufacturing equipment and tools"?    A lathe? Drill press?  machinist's rulers?  Calipers?  sinister, I tell ya.   If the guy WAS dealing illegally?  Good he got caught - throw the book at him.   If this is just the guy's hobby?  Then the LAPD messed up. 
Sadly we live in a country where guns are legal and as of yet not properly controlled. But in no sane universe are 1000 AW’s and machine guns legal.  Big tip of the hat to the informer and the cops for nipping this in the bud.

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Sadly we live in a country where guns are legal and as of yet not properly controlled. But in no sane universe are 1000 AW’s and machine guns legal.  Big tip of the hat to the informer and the cops for nipping this in the bud.
You're a myopic idiot - thanks for reinforcing that we still do need to be aware of and plan to counter such ignorance.