14' Stunt S9 Foiling Cat

ReeferDave

Completely ignoring the fact that there is already a thread on the S9 with 86 contributions that was started back in August of last year.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=167654

But when did Doug's insecurity ever get in the way of accepting established order?
Doug hogging the bathtub at the home again? At least he gets out and sails his model boat once or twice a year - makes you look like a real layabout. Just one posed photo in how many years?

Hopefully they will realize you are not taking your medication again. You have to be the biggest fraud on Anarchy

Chapped

Super Anarchist
Reefer Dave... the man-child with adolescent spooge on his chin attempts to present himself as a player.

How very quaint.

So, you and dougie doing the two handed dutch rudder and you found time to type a weak entry with your shrunken personality. That's so nice.

Bench Warmer

Paris
Doug,

Along with the video, it would have been be fair to mention remarks from "JOKING" who was at the foiling week and reported the S9 was incredibly slow when she was able to sail, and when she did not sail it was because she has some issues with the ultra complex double wand system.

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
As I understand it the problems, such as they were, have been corrected. And I think it is ridiculous to characterize a boat with two wands, one on each hull as "ultra complex".

Wands on trimaran foilers have been around almost 20 years. Michele's system is the first with the wand pivoted ahead of the foil and I'm not convinced that's better than a midship wand but it sure seems to work well. I think he has done an outstanding job on these little boats!

PS-"joking" also said (back in August) that the Waszp would be out in a "couple of months"-which just goes to show that shit happens in new boat development. I'm sure that AMAC and Michele both want to ensure they have a first class product-regardless of how long that may take or what problems may surface.

Last edited by a moderator:

joking

Well... I still havent sen a video of a foiling jibe, tack, mark rounding or anything else. Or a speed comparison to any other foiling boat. Any old bloke with a 20 year old moth can achieve what is shown in that video, in a 20 year old moth and spending half the money. I still think this design has not proven anything special but I do not say it wont! does anyone know what their control systems consist of? Do they still have fixed rudder angles? What about the mainfoils?

PS:

Oh and even if the Waszp is late to the party there already are videos showing jibing and tacking.... doesn't look super stable through them but it's a start

ita 16

Anarchist
Well... I still havent sen a video of a foiling jibe, tack, mark rounding or anything else. Or a speed comparison to any other foiling boat. Any old bloke with a 20 year old moth can achieve what is shown in that video, in a 20 year old moth and spending half the money. I still think this design has not proven anything special but I do not say it wont! does anyone know what their control systems consist of? Do they still have fixed rudder angles? What about the mainfoils?

PS:

Oh and even if the Waszp is late to the party there already are videos showing jibing and tacking.... doesn't look super stable through them but it's a start
ops .

https://www.facebook.com/UCPA.Bombannes/videos/848143408626060/

look at 2:40

joking

PS:

ops .

https://www.facebook.com/UCPA.Bombannes/videos/848143408626060/

look at 2:40
Well I wouldnt consider that a foiling manouver + it's from a reaching start

joking

I actually have only ever seen one video of a beachcat completing a foiling jibe... and it was by professionals under perfect conditions. But that's not the point... my point is that the added complexity of the system doesnt seem to lead to any improvements over any other foil configuration. Its not the fastest nor does it seem to allow you to do anything that isn't already possible on many other platforms. I think that a slow but super stable-manouverable boat would be a blast to sail. I just don't see it yet from this concept.

ita 16

Anarchist
I actually have only ever seen one video of a beachcat completing a foiling jibe... and it was by professionals under perfect conditions. But that's not the point... my point is that the added complexity of the system doesnt seem to lead to any improvements over any other foil configuration. Its not the fastest nor does it seem to allow you to do anything that isn't already possible on many other platforms. I think that a slow but super stable-manouverable boat would be a blast to sail. I just don't see it yet from this concept.
What range of wind-wave conditions have other platforms? What rating SCHSR? How much do they cost ? They can sail in foil mode and floating mode? (Without foils). They are easily disassembled? Everone can use these? They can be launched in water easily? They can fly upwind (what wind they need) ?? Which VMG upwind?