2007 Swift Solo North Americans and MPS Invitational

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Where: Jericho Sailing Center, Vancouver BC, Canada

When: Clinc July 22 through 25, Racing July 26 through w8

Currently we have about ten Swift Solo's registered and one MPS. Though this is the North American championships for the Swift Solo, we invite the Musto guys to come play and train with us. We'd like to see a few more boats and could definately use more Musto's to join in.

I've been assigned the task of keeping you all informed so I'll do my best to get pics, when I can get them, and prose posted. I'll probably post here and either on the class site or set up a page on my ISP to give a more formal account.

262377239_a16252a931.jpg

Photo from the class web site.

Now to rehab the knee.

MustoSkiffUSA

Where: Jericho Sailing Center, Vancouver BC, CanadaWhen: Clinc July 22 through 25, Racing July 26 through w8

Currently we have about ten Swift Solo's registered and one MPS. Though this is the North American championships for the Swift Solo, we invite the Musto guys to come play and train with us. We'd like to see a few more boats and could definately use more Musto's to join in.

I've been assigned the task of keeping you all informed so I'll do my best to get pics, when I can get them, and prose posted. I'll probably post here and either on the class site or set up a page on my ISP to give a more formal account.

View attachment 46772

Photo from the class web site.

Now to rehab the knee.
We will have at least 3 mustos there that I know of Rob!

I just need to get off by butt and register, and so does John in Vancouver ... Unfortunately, two of the boats that I had hoped to make it couldn't cancel their Huntington Lake plans and so are going down there instead.

Ron

MustoSkiffUSA

We will have at least 3 mustos there that I know of Rob!
I just need to get off by butt and register, and so does John in Vancouver ... Unfortunately, two of the boats that I had hoped to make it couldn't cancel their Huntington Lake plans and so are going down there instead.

Ron
Speaking of registering, Fugu, where is the NOR and registration info? I can't seem to locate it anymore online.

Thanks,

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
See you there, Fugu -- I will arrange for a couple days off to watch and go for a sail with you. Safe trip!
Mike
Looking foward to seeing that new, to you, FD. I'll see if I can get you out on Fugu or some other Swift. Maybe MustoSkiffUSA will let you give a Musto a spin as well. I've not been up that way for years and I kind of miss it. Lovely city and area.

bdal

Kris_kite_very_best.jpg

Speaking of registering, Fugu, where is the NOR and registration info? I can't seem to locate it anymore online.
Thanks,
Ron,

Go to http://www.single-handedskiffs.com/

Somehow, it didn't get posted on Swiftsolo.org.

Should still have a couple of Swifts register as well. It looks like Chris Wickhams boat will be launched at the regatta.

I look forward to seeing you guys there. It should be a lot of fun.

Bram

aA

Super Anarchist
norcal™
bram...

is hendo attending again?

any charter boats available?

Last edited by a moderator:

bdal

fort_desoto_bram_to_weather.jpg

bram...
is hendo attending again?

any charter boats available?
Kris will be in Spain racing leadmines. He's wrapping up Chris Wickham's Swift before he takes off (I'm doing all the carbon parts and rigging).

No Swifts for sale or for charter in this part of the world. By next season Kris will have my second boat done and I'll have a boat to loan but there's always a long line. I'm hoping we can find a solution to this shortage sometime soon. We'll be looking for ideas and BSing about it at the NA's.

Bram

Looking forward to leaving to head out there.

Boat is ready to go but in IL...

I leave on the evening of July 19th... hope to be there Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

Keith Councell

IMG_2589.JPG

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Fugu
How many Swifts are registered for the NAs? Got any pics of your new Swift toting enclosed trailer?

WCB
I now have ten Swifts and two MPS registered. I think there may be one or two of each running a bit late.

I'll have to take some photo's of the new toy hauler. I just added the racks and covered them with foam to take the canoe and windsurfers along for the kids. It sure is sweet. I've added hooks to hand the wetsuits and other gear so it looks a lot more organized.

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Looking forward to leaving to head out there.
Boat is ready to go but in IL...

I leave on the evening of July 19th... hope to be there Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

Keith Councell
I'll be leaving the 18th and probably be there the 19th to check into the hostle and then the first couple of days will be spent goofing off with the kids prior to the clinic.

For those coming to the clinic, I'd like some ideas of what you'd like to cover. Right now it looks like most of the boats will be doing tune-up races. I was thinking of doing some two up sailing for the newer guys ala MustoSkifUSA. He did such a good job with the Musto's that I thought I'd take his idea and run with it. It sounds like at least two new boats will be splashing for the first time at the clinic.

Anyone else in the area feel free to come down and have a look. There might be a chance for some short demo rides at the clinic as long as you promise not to break anything. :)

bdal

Desoto_application_page_3_044.jpg

I'll be leaving the 18th and probably be there the 19th to check into the hostle and then the first couple of days will be spent goofing off with the kids prior to the clinic.
For those coming to the clinic, I'd like some ideas of what you'd like to cover. Right now it looks like most of the boats will be doing tune-up races. I was thinking of doing some two up sailing for the newer guys ala MustoSkifUSA. He did such a good job with the Musto's that I thought I'd take his idea and run with it. It sounds like at least two new boats will be splashing for the first time at the clinic.

Anyone else in the area feel free to come down and have a look. There might be a chance for some short demo rides at the clinic as long as you promise not to break anything. :)
Fugu,

Karl has some great ideas for the clinic.

Since we'll have a broad spectrum of skiff sailing experience, I'm guessing that you'll want our first priority to be getting the new guys up and running and up to speed. It was great to see the rapid progress of those brand new to skiff sailing at last years event. As you know, the locals in our area are having a BBQ at my house on the 14th and we'll be trying to help develop both the objectives for the clinic and the video aspect of the clinic and regatta. We'll pass on any constructive ideas to you for your approval (or veto). Karl will be a good resource for help with the clinic and I'd be glad to spend however much time you'd like going over the basics for the new guys.

We've rounded up most of the regatta sponsors and are "balls to the wall" getting a number of new Swifts to 100%. I suspect we'll be doing some final rigging at the regatta site on a couple of boats. It's an exciting time around here and the epoxy is flying.

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
I now have ten Swifts and two MPS registered. I think there may be one or two of each running a bit late.
I'll have to take some photo's of the new toy hauler. I just added the racks and covered them with foam to take the canoe and windsurfers along for the kids. It sure is sweet. I've added hooks to hand the wetsuits and other gear so it looks a lot more organized.
Looking forward to seeing the trailer one of these days.

Gotta get some more Swifts to the NAs!

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
View attachment 47017
Fugu,

Karl has some great ideas for the clinic.

Since we'll have a broad spectrum of skiff sailing experience, I'm guessing that you'll want our first priority to be getting the new guys up and running and up to speed. It was great to see the rapid progress of those brand new to skiff sailing at last years event. As you know, the locals in our area are having a BBQ at my house on the 14th and we'll be trying to help develop both the objectives for the clinic and the video aspect of the clinic and regatta. We'll pass on any constructive ideas to you for your approval (or veto). Karl will be a good resource for help with the clinic and I'd be glad to spend however much time you'd like going over the basics for the new guys.

We've rounded up most of the regatta sponsors and are "balls to the wall" getting a number of new Swifts to 100%. I suspect we'll be doing some final rigging at the regatta site on a couple of boats. It's an exciting time around here and the epoxy is flying.
I thought I told you to NEVER let Karl have a Swift. I chased his ass around the course in Lasers, then in 505's and now I'll have to do it in my beloved Swift. Oh the humanity!

Actually it will be good to have him and maybe some of the other world class guys in your area pick up the boat. That'll give us a leg up for when we meet up the the Aussies.

Some of that last minute rigging stuff will be good for the new guys as well. I remember how much fun we had the first regatta in Ft. Desoto when we were all gathered around the boats getting lessons for various ways of splicing and rig tuning. Messing with these things is one of the reasons I like it. I can always play around with mine when I can't go sailing. It helps take the edge off.

I doubt I'll veto anything. I'm not that kind of person. My goal is to have a great time, do as much sailing with as little swimming as possible and help some others have a great time along the way. I'm open to almost anything that takes.

WCB, I've got the new toy hauler packed in too deep right now to get a good photo of Fugu nestled inside. She seems to be very happy in there with all the gear hanging on hooks ready to go.

bdal

I thought I told you to NEVER let Karl have a Swift. I chased his ass around the course in Lasers, then in 505's and now I'll have to do it in my beloved Swift. Oh the humanity!
Actually it will be good to have him and maybe some of the other world class guys in your area pick up the boat. That'll give us a leg up for when we meet up the the Aussies.

Some of that last minute rigging stuff will be good for the new guys as well. I remember how much fun we had the first regatta in Ft. Desoto when we were all gathered around the boats getting lessons for various ways of splicing and rig tuning. Messing with these things is one of the reasons I like it. I can always play around with mine when I can't go sailing. It helps take the edge off.

I doubt I'll veto anything. I'm not that kind of person. My goal is to have a great time, do as much sailing with as little swimming as possible and help some front_page_danielle.JPG others have a great time along the way. I'm open to almost anything that takes.

WCB, I've got the new toy hauler packed in too deep right now to get a good photo of Fugu nestled inside. She seems to be very happy in there with all the gear hanging on hooks ready to go.
Fugu,

I think I've misled you with the photo. That is a picture of Carl Buchan, however, it is Karl Schulmeister (an old 49er sailor) who is going to do our video work and help with the clinic. I was going to post the photo of Carl Buchan on the discussion of the ideal "size" to race a Swift (tall and medium weight).

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Fugu,I think I've misled you with the photo. That is a picture of Carl Buchan, however, it is Karl Schulmeister (an old 49er sailor) who is going to do our video work and help with the clinic. I was going to post the photo of Carl Buchan on the discussion of the ideal "size" to race a Swift (tall and medium weight).
I feel sooooo much better now. :p I though Buchan's name was spelled with a C but then I have a Kameron for a son.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
OK current tally of participants is 12 Swifts, one there for the clinic only, and 2 MPS.

Are there more Musto's coming? It sure would be nice to have more to give MustoSkiffUSA a run for his money. Having just come back from the worlds in Garda, he could either be well beat up or have new tricks to teach us.