2007 Xantrex MS200 Inverter SCP ( System Control Panel ) Needed

Soho

Bermuda..
Soooo.....

The System Control Panel for my 2007 Xantrex MS2000 inverter/battery charger is nearing its end of life, at least the little LCD screen on it is, hard to read it now. It is the interface you use to set up the unit and monitor performance etc, so it is needed from time to time. Item is no longer made by Xantrex and the new ones, while they look the same, are not backward compatible. Unit still runs like a champ, never any issues with it. I have done some trolling on the web for an old one but no hits on anybody who actually still has one in stock.

Anybody out there have one of these lying around or have a solution other than buying a new model SCP for $1500 with a new inverter thrown in for free..

Thanks

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
Couple suggestions - depends on how handy you are with electronics -

If the readout has nothing more than voltage readings, you can substitute an outboard electrical meter.

If the readout also has some intelligence to it (digital control info) and you need a plug in compatible replacement, consider opening up the old unit, see if you can find manufacturer and part number on the display, and go looking for a LCD replacement.

If you are not soldering iron friendly, get the parts and find a local electronics tech to R&R for you.

Also, check to see if it is the backlight to the display that has died.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Xantrex products, along with 3M 5200, silicon sealants and WD40 have no place on a boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soho

Bermuda..
Well, it has worked for 8 years fine. What would you recommend if you were putting one in then want 2000W output and 100amp 3 stage charger.

WD40 is handy for some uses..... 5200 I give to people I don't like as Christmas presents...

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Mastervolt if you have the cash and Victron if you have just had a divorce settlement, noting on some fronts the Victron is superior so don't let it's price put you off.

Latest posts