2014 Etchells Worlds

Terrorvision

Super Anarchist
Nice to see the Hong Kong boats mixing it up in there. Long way to go but sailing in a fleet that size must be worth it.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Why no coverage or mention of any sort on the front page? They've got 95 boats racing in Newport, one would expect that it was sort of interesting to a sailing site.
careful what you wish for.

I know that neither the Ed nor I find Etchells even remotely interesting, and that's the litmus test for what goes on the front page. Kind of like the reason SkySports doesn't have an hour show on the very important (to the drivers) Formula Ford 1600 racing that happens before F-1 practice. Sure, there are great guys in the action...so what?

Edit: Jesus christ these guys love their protests! Is that just one day's worth??

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 11.39.21 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Ironically though, they are older school than IOR tonners. And your front page photos of ton racing shows that one of those boats is sporting an E22 mainsail!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The Ed digs quarter tonners because that's where he made his name back in the day. I don't get it, but then again I was a fisherman in those days.

Neither of us gets the Etchells thing, and we've both sailed them. I had the fortune of filling in aboard the Stingwray just before Robert Wray died, sailing with a crack crew at an Annapolis NOOD years ago and crushing the day...and it was still hard to stay awake at times!

Actually those protests are from 5 races (practice plus 4) with 95 boats. That seems about right. In the 5 and 6 boat races that you choose to cover, its not quite as crowded.

Why no coverage or mention of any sort on the front page? They've got 95 boats racing in Newport, one would expect that it was sort of interesting to a sailing site.
careful what you wish for.

I know that neither the Ed nor I find Etchells even remotely interesting, and that's the litmus test for what goes on the front page. Kind of like the reason SkySports doesn't have an hour show on the very important (to the drivers) Formula Ford 1600 racing that happens before F-1 practice. Sure, there are great guys in the action...so what?

Edit: Jesus christ these guys love their protests! Is that just one day's worth??

sumpin

Super Anarchist
San Miguel
sure, nobody cares, 90+ boats, great non pros and pros sprinkled everywhere. Lots of SD dudes there, heck, Cali dudes. step in a little bit. it is a class that has been very solid during the ups and downs in participation. just a mention would not be to much for a larger group that find it at least somewhat interesting? oh wait, let's talk about that bacon man you keep dredging up..maybe some more ph bitching or fresneck syuff

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
When the NY Times started out, they actually convinced people to pay money for the paper. That is a difference.

xyzzy

Anarchist
I could use a one regatta of use E22 spin. Anyone raiding the dumpsters in Newport?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts