2016 Olympics

PBO

Super Anarchist
It was only a month or so back that the 2012 50km walk gold medal was presented to the winner.
Could defer the medal ceremonies for 8 years. Save all the BS inbetween. Have a second bite at the glory cherry

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
The gay athletes?? Wouldn't it be wonderful if every gay athlete at the games would be honest about it and therefore provide role for young athletic kids ?

The gay athletes?? Wouldn't it be wonderful if every gay athlete at the games would be honest about it and therefore provide role for young athletic kids who don't happen to be straight ?
They won't come out until they've used up their Olympics based income potential.
And why do you think that is?
Edit, or rather, besides money, what other reasons might factor into the decision to stay in the closet?
I don't think sexual orientation is relevant to the Olympics or sport in general

I concede it's hard to remove 'politics' from international sport & unfortunately many competitors will take the opportunity to express their position on a cause but once one does, others will also. If it benefits the sport itself, then it probably has merit. Eg; drugs in sport - there's been a few swimmers critising others who have previously failed drug tests. While it's a good message to push, it seems Olympic medal winners should be given a plastic medal until the retests years later & they are cleared

On reflection...fuck it. Our collective memories don't respond to cheats of yesterday. Let them eat (their juiced) cake

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/ioc-drug-tests-doping-confirm-23-medallists-45-failed-beijing-2008-london-2012-a7150386.html
Until fucking is an olympic sport sexuality doesn't enter the picture. Gender and the ranges of that would have more of an impact in physical development.

I believe that one female athlete with high natural levels of testosterone was actually required to take drugs to reduce the levels before competing.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
21 now.

13938365_10154243277536006_174002197848164609_n.jpg
Not bad for a drug user. Though judging from the performance of some posters here, his drug of choice is definitely not performance enhancing!
I'd say going 509 days without a seizure when the best legal drugs could only hold them off for hours is a performance enhancement.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Yeah, Bogut (GSW now Dallas), Delly (Cleveland now Bucks), Patty Mills (SA). They coulda/shoulda had Ben Simmons.

They're tough. KD is the real deal but damn I'm gonna miss Bogut.

PBO

Super Anarchist
Phelps breaks Leonidas of Rhodes 2168-year record for most individual Summer Olympic victories.

13925036_10154248396711006_3652815547032428765_n.jpg
Bets on how many bongs he'll punch to celebrate??
Fairly amazing achievement. Superhuman

Last edited by a moderator:

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Damn, it must just suck to be in the Red Army today.

The US of Fucking A won more Golds (46) in Rio than Russia and China combined (26+19=45).

But don't you worry y'all. This man's man gonna sort that shit out:

o-PUTIN-HORSE-facebook.jpg

That'll probably have something to do with this guy Making America Great Again:

hero_wide_640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts