2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Seems thrown out largely because BJ did not protest which then infers with a protest the result could be different. Soft cock Jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast boat, dedicated committed owners with deep pockets, doing a lot for sailings profile. shame it comes down to a shitfight two years running through being slack on crossing the T's and dotting the I's. [or crossing   Comanche and checking the a.I.s ]  ABC just confirmed protest not upheld.

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
I don't get it. 

-- RC opened the protest based in information they said they'd gained independently
-- RC had standing, as the organizing authority
-- BJ not a party to the proceeding

...so why is "BJ didn't file a protest" a factor?  What am I missing (other than the obvious assumption that deep pockets are in play)

ctdriver

Anarchist
So kids, the moral of the story is, ignore the rules you don’t like and you’ve got a good shot at dodging any penalty.

Remind me why sailing is dying?

Philc

Super Anarchist
I don't get it. 

-- RC opened the protest based in information they said they'd gained independently

...so why is "BJ didn't file a protest" a factor?  What am I missing (other than the obvious assumption that deep pockets are in play)
Need to wait to see the full findings from the PC.

nimbus

Australia
EddyAllTime said:
Protest dismissed. Sanity has prevailed. 

Eat a dick all you haters.

To the crew of Black Jack - You lost. Go home.
ABC reported that the protest was invalid not dismissed.  That suggests the issue was never tested.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
I don't get it. 

I'm with you on this one.  BJ is not material, just supplied information, as I expect did others.  I would love to read the formal protest announcement when it's posted.

us7070

Super Anarchist
I don't get it. 

A protest committee may(a)protest a boat, but not as a result of information arising from a request for redress or an invalid protest, or from a report from a person  with  a conflict  of  interest...

the representative of BJ that transmitted the information to the RC is an interested party....

so that information can not form the basis for an RC protest

Monkey

Super Anarchist
EddyAllTime said:
Protest dismissed. Sanity has prevailed. 

Eat a dick all you haters.

To the crew of Black Jack - You lost. Go home.
You do realize the RC didn’t say they didn’t cheat, just that Black Jack didn’t protest. 

Enjoy being a fan of a boat that cheats to win. 

savoir

Super Anarchist
That decision makes no sense. Something BJ did or did not do is irrelevant. The jury can only look at what the RC did or did not do.

Maw

Yep, kinda hard not to see a stain on the crew. Off on a technicality. Not an honourable way to win it , but rules is rules, I understand the finding.