2021 Sydney to Hobart

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Absurd, then what, hotel quarantine for two weeks if you get Rona? 

60,000 ppl flying into Qld this week & Tas can’t handle 1000 yachties? 

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Good luck with that quarantine it's just like prison in the worst case.
Meanwhile the classic race produced some fine examples of golden beauties:
Eve S2H.jpg
Josephine S2H.jpg
Whole gallery:
https://rolexsydneyhobart.com/news/2021/pre-race/photos-2021-sydney-hobart-classic-yacht-regatta-race-2/

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Latest

High-risk areas

If you are fully vaccinated but have spent time in any high-risk areas in the 14 days before you intend to arrive in Tasmania, you are required to return a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours before departure to Tasmania. Read about the high-risk areas conditions and registering your travel.

If you have been out of Tasmania for seven days or less and spent time in a high-risk area, you are required to have a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 24 hours of arrival back in Tasmania. You do not need to quarantine while you wait for the test result. If a positive result is returned you will be contacted by Public Health authorities. See COVID-19 testing to find information on testing options.

This applies to all travellers aged five years and above.

Going to be more an issue for Melbourne crews

BR3232

Given the massive increase in case numbers it'll be interesting to see how many of the crews are positive in the days leading up to the race - it would be a shame if a heap of boats needed to drop out last minute, especially as many will have been spending time together in the weeks leading up. High risk of this kind of thing happening, I would think.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Given the massive increase in case numbers it'll be interesting to see how many of the crews are positive in the days leading up to the race - it would be a shame if a heap of boats needed to drop out last minute, especially as many will have been spending time together in the weeks leading up. High risk of this kind of thing happening, I would think.
Could be some mixed crews heading south! 

If BJ need me to ease the old runner or hold the new wheel in a tack I wouldn’t mind. 2nd thoughts, brand new mast, I’ll work the staysail sheet. 

Last edited by a moderator: