2021 Sydney to Hobart

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
I feel for the team on White Noise (retired). “Window damage” at sea is one scary ass proposition.
Yeah, but in these conditions?

We had window damage in 1970 - the liefraft was ripped from it's mounts and broke a cabin window - but the anemometer was pegged at 70 knots at the time, and the window was armoured glass, so it split but stayed in place.

Jason AUS

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Yeah, but in these conditions?

We had window damage in 1970 - the liefraft was ripped from it's mounts and broke a cabin window - but the anemometer was pegged at 70 knots at the time, and the window was armoured glass, so it split but stayed in place.
I reckon it’s either a front hatch that got stepped (jumped) on, or one big boy stepped on a coach roof window/hatch as the boat over a wave. Bloke went up, boat went down… gravity plus human = broken window.

Wind over tide out there is no joke.

resist

Denali heading north east at 1.5kts now too... Feeling good about hopping in to bed tonight after all. Hoping a couple of these tracks are just sorting fixable things out

David88

Denali heading north east at 1.5kts now too... Feeling good about hopping in to bed tonight after all. Hoping a couple of these tracks are just sorting fixable things out
Yeah, cracking in their hull, they let off a pan pan about 40 mins ago while I was listening on the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

David88

Denali saying their cracks are moving and they have prepared their liferafts should they need to abandon ship.