2021 Sydney to Hobart

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
Mmm - there is a difference between 'listening' and 'hearing'.

maybe there was a lot going on on Celestial that drowned out any voice reception or the volume had been knocked down.

However if a DSC distress alert had come it it would be hard to miss

pulpit

Super Anarchist
But what is he winning?  There appears to be no way he can win overall, he probably has Div 0 stitched up anyway - what's the gain?  Celestial is in another division FFS.
Mate,

At this time he is sitting 2nd in the clubhouse having finished and his clock has stopped and the other contenders are still over 150 miles + from the finish line. 

If the protest goes his way he's sitting 1st overall in the clubhouse with boats still at sea and the clock ticking 

For  the good of our sport lets hope the little boats come home strong and push him to 4th or even lower down the finishes list. 

Pulpit

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
Seriously, doing a Hobart used to be a thing that brought honour and respect.  I am saddened by the bullshit these days - the fuckwits throw shade over all the respectable competitors.  

I am enormously proud that I did the 25th race, and my son did the 75th (neither were our firsts, just milestones).  The current antics are an embarrassment. There are plenty of people to blame for this - fuck them all.

SteveJH

Umm, so looking at the article on the website....surely in this day and age it would be a smart idea to redact personal contact details from documents that have been scanned and posted online right?

atnan

Alameda, CA
Would be interesting to see Ichi Ban’s GPS track around 0130 on December 28, but they’re gone from the tracker.

My guess is they’re seeking redress because they diverted from their course thinking Celestial had a MOB?

Snowden

Super Anarchist
UK
My guess is they’re seeking redress because they diverted from their course thinking Celestial had a MOB?
If that's what you want then you appeal to the RC based on some evidence of a course change to help find the casualty or render assistance. I suspect they don't have any (because they didn't) so can't put in that request.

Last edited by a moderator:

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
Would be interesting to see Ichi Ban’s GPS track around 0130 on December 28, but they’re gone from the tracker.

Just checked backon the tracker and no significant course change is apparent

Attended a great Rules Night not so long ago.The superb lecturer kept reinforcing the importance of notifying the yacht you intended to protest at the first available opportunity.One of my fellow participants asked him did that also apply to the race committee as well.The response was an overwhelming ‘yes’.My uninformed reading of the protest form throws some doubt on wether that occurred.Would that be applicable in this instance?

Snowden

Super Anarchist
UK
Just checked backon the tracker and no significant course change is apparent
Thinking about it, that’s pretty poor seamanship if true. An MOB beacon is going off, you can’t raise them on the radio for 90 minutes, you are the closest vessel and you decide to continue racing as if nothing had happened?

HILLY

HILLY
Lake Macquarie

Here are Ichi (purple), Celestial (white), tracks across Bass Strait.

You can still find the tracks on https://gis.ee/sh/#

Just highlight the boat in the list and the track will appear, you can do more than 1 boat at a time.

Celestial Ichi bass straight tracks..JPG

Plumbean

Mate,

For  the good of our sport lets hope the little boats come home strong and push him to 4th or even lower down the finishes list. 

Pulpit
What's the forecast over the next 24 hours?  As of right now, Crux is in the overall lead on IRC.  Would be a hoot to see them beat Ichi on corrected, even if they wouldn't get the pickle dish for it.

TPG

Super Anarchist

Pulpit
Then one of the foiler IMOCAs enter the race and absolutely wreck him boat for boat. Can we start a gofundme to get Charlie or Clarisse to take their boats south next Christmas?  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

This is SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP

MAYDAY SPORTSMANSHIP

Our position is untenable

We are beaten, battered, holed and sinking

We are abandoning the sport and are taking to golf, cycling and surfing

POB Many thousands of recreational sailors including children

It is too late for any assistance

Over

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

This is SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP

MAYDAY SPORTSMANSHIP

Our position is untenable

We are beaten, battered, holed and sinking

We are abandoning the sport and are taking to golf, cycling and surfing

POB Many thousands of recreational sailors including children

It is too late for any assistance

Over
Thanks LB, that's exactly what I was thinking but couldn't find the right words.