2021 Sydney to Hobart

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Morning mate - I meant to include 'Abandoning to Motorsports' as well. :) A belated merry Christmas to you and yours my friend.
Right back at you! Life is good, boots are on, the Duke is sitting in the driveway and it's a beautiful morning.

And no self serving evil fucks anywhere.

Can't quite put my finger on the change......   

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Imagine what will happen if this man will judge the  counter dog fight.
58d276861d0000f42c7cfc62.jpeg

On an another point of view, just design a better boat.

This is the new chief:
Ian Burnett, Baron Burnett of Maldon.
Ian Burnett.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Burnett,_Baron_Burnett_of_Maldon

Last edited by a moderator:
MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

This is SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP

MAYDAY SPORTSMANSHIP

Our position is untenable

We are beaten, battered, holed and sinking

We are abandoning the sport and are taking to golf, cycling and surfing

POB Many thousands of recreational sailors including children

It is too late for any assistance

Over
After 28358 posts of  mainly dubious quality (to say the least) you've finally nailed one. Couldn't have come up with one that good and relevant myself ! Celestial is a gone banana as the forces of evil (money) rally against them. The  decision will have already been made in the back bar. Sadly this is replicated in many situations in the sailing world and spreads as fast as Covid.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Yesterday on the complaint of Matt Allen (Ichi Ban), Noel Cornish (CYCA Commodore), Brad Kellett (Navigator Law Connect), David Griffiths (Whisper), an Australian Sailing appointed panel banned Mark Hipgrave (OSTAR placegetter) from all and any Australian Sailing events for 18 months (last 6 suspended if good behaviour).

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Yesterday on the complaint of Matt Allen (Ichi Ban), Noel Cornish (CYCA Commodore), Brad Kellett (Navigator Law Connect), David Griffiths (Whisper), an Australian Sailing appointed panel banned Mark Hipgrave (OSTAR placegetter) from all and any Australian Sailing events for 18 months (last 6 suspended if good behaviour).
Over a joke. A fucking joke.

pulpit

Super Anarchist
Livia,

This is a sad day for Australian sailing and it just goes to show how corrupt our sport has become at the top level and our national body AS should and any employees that were involved should all face a rule 69 for bringing our sport into disrepute. 

Heads should roll at AS over this. The problem is life will go on like nothing has happened. 

Shame Australian Sailing Shame

Pulpit

peterbike

melbourne
Can an alternative aust sailing be set up ?

The above 4 will be excluded - they can have their own races between the 4 of them ?

LB 15

Cunt
After 28358 posts of  mainly dubious quality (to say the least) you've finally nailed one. Couldn't have come up with one that good and relevant myself ! Celestial is a gone banana as the forces of evil (money) rally against them. The  decision will have already been made in the back bar. Sadly this is replicated in many situations in the sailing world and spreads as fast as Covid.
You have read all 28358 28359 of my posts? Now that is cree-pee. You may be amused to know that this is the first of yours I can recall reading. But thank you anyway...I guess.

Rainbow Spirit

Anarchist
Sydney, Aus
So who are still in contention for the Tattersall win?

By my calculations the best placed boat seems to be White Bay 6 Azzurro, who is expected to finish around 6am tomorrow, high tide in Hobart tomorrow is 5:55am so she could have a following flood tide. Currently she is doing around 6 kts.

LB 15

Cunt
random. said:
The first job is to determine if it it a valid Protest.  If they did not notify them, then it's not valid.
That can be a moving feast. Did you know for example that a 'sailing office' (as described in the SI's AND NOR) that is closed, lights out and locked at 2 am is still considered to be open if a staff member is still wandering somewhere around the marina?

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
So who are still in contention for the Tattersall win?

By my calculations the best placed boat seems to be White Bay 6 Azzurro, who is expected to finish around 6am tomorrow, high tide in Hobart tomorrow is 5:55am so she could have a following flood tide. Currently she is doing around 6 kts.
Tide flow is pretty much irrelevant in Hobart as it's a river nit an estuary, so the flow is always ebb and MIGHT slow a little on the flood!!

decaf

Australia
Does this feel like the high school bully getting his mates to hold down the little kid while the bully bashes the crap out of him to anyone else?

Straight to CAS.

LB 15

Cunt
Well i will say that this thread delivers every year- Green cape declarations. Port/ Starboard's in the harbor, AIS turned off to name but a few. And all the shitfights of course. Even after the untimely demise of the worlds greatest expert on everything , the late Jack Sparrow.