2021 Sydney to Hobart

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
14 days out so close enough to be talking weather.

So snowed in the front yard in mid November, very very wet November.

So very late Spring.

Low in the coral sea.

Plenty of hot water going south.

We have deferred the West coast cruise until late February.

Summer will run late in to May.

Game on!

New BBQ is a absolute cracker.The piss is ordered for our traditional Hobart start Brunch/Lunch.Ordered double to play catch up for last years non event.About 10 of us usually kick in $20 a head then pool the kitty and have a punt.Gone pretty well in years gone by.Thinking Law Connect for Line Honours.Apart from the obvious TP52 favouritism can the Brains Trust here recommend any good value Handicap roughies?A couple of the syndicate know the current form of a lot of the boats and people but just looking for something a little left field.Thanks in advance.

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
New BBQ is a absolute cracker.The piss is ordered for our traditional Hobart start Brunch/Lunch.Ordered double to play catch up for last years non event.About 10 of us usually kick in $20 a head then pool the kitty and have a punt.Gone pretty well in years gone by.Thinking Law Connect for Line Honours.Apart from the obvious TP52 favouritism can the Brains Trust here recommend any good value Handicap roughies?A couple of the syndicate know the current form of a lot of the boats and people but just looking for something a little left field.Thanks in advance.
The present high is well down into the Bight and the Southern Oceans lows are well south.

Good chance of a low spinning up i the Gippsland after the next front.

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Super Anarchist
Throw some money at Love & War if the forecast looks like it's going to be hard uphill.

Throw some money at Love & War if the forecast looks like it's going to be hard uphill.
Thanks for the lead Gorn.Been reading up on Love & War.What a great boat with 3 previous Wins to its name.Looks impeccable.The S&S 34’s are very popular over here.According to the boys Crux is in the 2 Handed Class and was basically unbeatable over here when it was called Blondie but it is ineligible for the win.It seems the White Bay S&S 34 is one of the best small boats.Thinking that could be good value as well.Maybe it is just me but it would be great to see a classic older well sailed boat win the thing.My mate dropped around a dozen long necks of his latest Home Brew earlier this arvo.Absolute rocket fuel.Might save me having to buy some paint stripper for the New Year Reno’s/ Maintenance.Really looking forward to following this years race.Fingers crossed there are no last minute Covid hurdles.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Too early to say but when it is getting rough, the old classics tend to be safer, if maintained right.
Love and War Kurts Sparkman & Stephens.png

Hitchhiker

Super Anarchist
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
I'll throw in a tenner for Maritimo.

Since @Livia has opened the weather door I'll throw in my two pence. Reachy/Downwind on start day, building in pressure, backing to the south with breeze on for the 27th (front runners), then some nasty upwind work come the 28th.  Lighter winds across the course later on for the smaller fleet.  I'm going for a bigger boat that can go upwind for handicap win.  Hence Maritimo.

But, I'm not ready to buy that lottery ticket yet!

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
I'll throw in a tenner for Maritimo.

Since @Livia has opened the weather door I'll throw in my two pence. Reachy/Downwind on start day, building in pressure, backing to the south with breeze on for the 27th (front runners), then some nasty upwind work come the 28th.  Lighter winds across the course later on for the smaller fleet.  I'm going for a bigger boat that can go upwind for handicap win.  Hence Maritimo.

But, I'm not ready to buy that lottery ticket yet!
Line honours it will be, Looking forward to this year episode of S2H. Go Speedboat aka Law Connect or Scallywag.
54 foot Westerly Maritimo certainly looks promissing, great.
54 foot Westerly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jono

Super Anarchist
Talking about DK 46, what about Old Skool? I assume their previous boat was the Ker 40