2022 cook it with fire and smoke.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
5E05C493-732F-46BD-B811-811697186B33.jpeg

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Not sure what this has to do about cooking with fire and smoke but I sort of like this in a non political way...

6ah6tt.jpg

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Back on track, kettle “fried” chicken off the Weber. One of my new favorite things to do on the Weber. 

5C4F7A60-B905-44FB-8FDE-F60DF5C3A236.jpeg

99E4E4C6-81A9-43CF-9A6A-4CAC4B8B64EB.jpeg

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Is the chicken battered? If so what.
It’s a flour based dredge. I used Kentucky Kernel brand. Spray some oil on the chicken, dredge the pieces, then on a hot grill but indirect heat. I put a wood chunk above the heat to give it a bit of smoke. 40 minutes in I turned the chicken over and another 10 minutes it was done. Crispy like fried, subtle smoke flavor.

Easy and tasty. 

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
That is OK in my book just putting the dredged and dusted chicken straight on the grill. I'll try that on my Bullseye Pellet Smoker. Let's see them bird legs after they got their tan under the Kettle Grill. Are you using any wood smoke chips in the charcoal?

chinabald

Super Anarchist
That is OK in my book just putting the dredged and dusted chicken straight on the grill. I'll try that on my Bullseye Pellet Smoker. Let's see them bird legs after they got their tan under the Kettle Grill. Are you using any wood smoke chips in the charcoal?
The original pics I posted showed the final product from this batch. The only wood was the one chunk in the middle of the grill directly above the charcoal baskets. 

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
The original pics I posted showed the final product from this batch. The only wood was the one chunk in the middle of the grill directly above the charcoal baskets. 
I dunk mine in butter milk before the flour (some baking powder as well for extra crispy) & cajun rub mix and one more dunk and back in the flour. Vortex & cherry wood on the grill in the centre.

I'm hungry now...

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Let me know how this goes.  Bullseye is the shiz....