2022 cook it with fire and smoke.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Spatchcocked the shit out of a bird on the bullseye last night...  Kinders/oo and throw her on.  40 mins at 375, 1/2 a bin o pellets.  Good times.  

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Tried this rack and frenching the legs for the first time. 

turned out good. 

334F4F81-0E94-4192-8861-24845DA8CB9C.jpeg

2D1CA53E-88CA-46D4-86FD-B26DE63EF591.jpeg

F395

west mi
Last Saturday the temp hit 80 and I had to do some red meat in the pellet grill/smoker so here is the 10Lb brisket with grey seasoning on it

20220423_060130.jpg

20220423_205128.jpg

This is how it ended 

It was fantastic

Last edited by a moderator:

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
It’s a flour based dredge. I used Kentucky Kernel brand. Spray some oil on the chicken, dredge the pieces, then on a hot grill but indirect heat. I put a wood chunk above the heat to give it a bit of smoke. 40 minutes in I turned the chicken over and another 10 minutes it was done. Crispy like fried, subtle smoke flavor.

Easy and tasty. 
View attachment 501045
Nice, I've used a Korean pancake batter (a little sweetness) and add some spices (heat) make a nice contrast.
Do a quick pan fry (just a dab of oil) to help crispy up the exterior then into the oven, on a rack so the fat drips off, at about 400 to 425. 

I'll have to try in on the grill 

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Just went on the Kamado. In about 1 hour at 125, I’ll do a reverse sear. Bakers in the oven……mushrooms and sweet onions to top the baker, a little green beans…..and it dinner. B) CF69F7A1-C611-4F86-8BC4-2E1BC2E0642A.jpeg

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Looks good. I’m doing a big Delmonico tonight. Going to sous vide it while I golf and then a fast hot sear on the grill. Made some chimichurri last night to go with. 
Have not sous vide a really big one yet. Haven’t had a container big enough but bought one just the other day. Have you done a big roast in yours? Was thinking I’d try a brisket or something comparable.

Since you mentioned golf, we did a little golf getaway early this week. Played Journey at Pechanga…….it was the hardest course I’ve ever played. Fun and spectacular views but almost every hole had a drive over big canyons and/or water…….one of the holes #6 has a huge elevation change down, but the carry over the canyon to even hit the fairway is like 160! Then, to top it off it was cartpath only (you cannot walk this course) so each time you had to drive nearest the ball on the cartpath then walk out to the ball, hit, then walk back to the cart. So each time you gotta haul the rangefinder and 2 or 3 clubs with you so you can choose wisely…….never had to wait on a single shot but it was still a 5 hour round. I’ll play it again……next year….. :lol:

#6  :blink:

https://m.facebook.com/PechangaRVGOMP/videos/journey-at-pechanga-signature-hole-6/253700202819355/

Last edited by a moderator:

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Have not sous vide a really big one yet. Haven’t had a container big enough but bought one just the other day. Have you done a big roast in yours? Was thinking I’d try a brisket or something comparable.

Since you mentioned golf, we did a little golf getaway early this week. Played Journey at Pechanga…….it was the hardest course I’ve ever played. Fun and spectacular views but almost every hole had a drive over big canyons and/or water…….one of the holes #6 has a huge elevation change down, but the carry over the canyon to even hit the fairway is like 160! Then, to top it off it was cartpath only (you cannot walk this course) so each time you had to drive nearest the ball on the cartpath then walk out to the ball, hit, then walk back to the cart. So each time you gotta haul the rangefinder and 2 or 3 clubs with you so you can choose wisely…….never had to wait on a single shot but it was still a 5 hour round. I’ll play it again……next year….. :lol:

#6  :blink:

https://m.facebook.com/PechangaRVGOMP/videos/journey-at-pechanga-signature-hole-6/253700202819355/
I have done a Chuck roast maybe 4 pounds. That’s probably the biggest I have done. But it was a 36 hour cook. But it turns a roast into more of a prime ribs texture and medium rare. 

I’m trying to get back into golf. I used to be average, now I’m not good. Hope to be average by the end of the year. 

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
I’m trying to get back into golf. I used to be average, now I’m not good. Hope to be average by the end of the year. 
Thanks on the roast info.

Golf…….I picked it up about 3 years ago, never even swung a club prior. When I started I took lessons. The Pro says to me “what do you think your golf goals are?” I thought about it and said “I’d just like to get around the course at a reasonable pace and have a good time.” He smiled and said “That’s a good goal. When you start golf in your late 60’s the most you can reasonably hope for is to not suck. If you wanted to be really good you needed to start at least 30 years ago.” Well……I almost don’t suck.  :lol: