2022 Dubai to Muscat Race on a Corsair F28R

can-UK

Dubai
Hi All

I’ve put together a short video about our latest Dubai to Muscat Race on my Corsair F28R - Sabotage. 

eric1207

Anarchist
Seattle
Cool video.  Couldn't tell if you have a sprit that extends out of the socket in the bow or if it hinges up at the bow.  If the latter at 2:56 it looks like it does not have a halyard attached to support it.  I have seen a hinging pole torn off its bow mount by large waves when unsupported by a halyard.  This has been discussed in the FCT io forum.  

can-UK

Dubai
Cool video.  Couldn't tell if you have a sprit that extends out of the socket in the bow or if it hinges up at the bow.  If the latter at 2:56 it looks like it does not have a halyard attached to support it.  I have seen a hinging pole torn off its bow mount by large waves when unsupported by a halyard.  This has been discussed in the FCT io forum.  
The spinnaker pole is extendable via a beefy bow socket.  It’s not the hinged version.  I have a bob-stay but no whisker-stays.  The sprit on the f28 is a tree trunk.. 

Sailabout

Super Anarchist
Had a 28rs at our club with a after market carbon stock/rudder, didnt look anything like strong enough and it did fail in the first use.
Factory now does replacement carbon kits, thats where I would be going

Last edited by a moderator:

can-UK

Dubai
Had a 28rs at our club with a after market carbon stock/rudder, didnt look anything like strong enough and it did fail in the first use.
Factory now does replacement carbon kits, thats where I would be going
Yeah, seems to be a common problem.. The transom brackets are close together on the F28. 

I’m looking at a bunch of options.