2022 Sydney 2 Hobart. 2h for Tatts

Clipper

Anarchist
And then Pacman coming over to NZ to do the Round North Island 2 handed race, late Feb. Epic campaign

Andoo Comanche retired from the Bird Island Race with Hydraulic issues but appears she was behind Black Jack before retiring.Black Jack went on to win both Line and Handicap Honours.Slow race with not a lot of breeze.Looking forward to our traditional Boxing Day shindig-BBQ and punt on the Great Race especially with a few WA boats to follow.One of the lads reckons he has his latest limited edition Boxing Day Home Brew beer up over 10% alcohol content.Might be wise to book in for a stomach pump early this year!

vokstar

Tasmania
Briefly heard the headlines on the news last night and they said something about rule changes for this years race, I didn't hear the story, anyone got any idea what they are on about?

Cheers.

Jono

Super Anarchist
When do the crew lists have to be posted?
The official MA retirement announcement confirmed the veiled posts upthread. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall for the current boat after Caro smacked him at Hammo. You can't really blame him for not wanting to go around again - it has been a good run across Asia and Australia and any number of boats from Adams 10 to the big cruiser he started off with. He had a top crew - where are they headed to?

bot

"Matt Allen’s Botin 52 Ichi Ban won three of the last four races. Allen announced this afternoon that he would not be doing the race this year.

“I feel like we’re doing a bit of an Ash Barty in a way. It’s time for me to do some other things. I’ve been busy with sailing and voluntary roles with the Australian Olympic Committee and World Sailing,” said Allen, who has four Sydney Hobart victories and 31 Sydney Hobarts behind him.

“To some degree I feel we’ve achieved what we set out to do with the boat. I’m conscious we’ve equalled the record of Freya and Love & War, and having known both skippers.

“I really want to thank my crews over the years. They have done a terrific job sailing it with me and helping to develop the boat. It’s been an enormous privilege and adventure and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, but it’s time to do other things.”

Allen ended by saying “I am leaving both boats entered in the race for the time being, in case someone wants to borrow either one.”

There you go!

When do the crew lists have to be posted?
The official MA retirement announcement confirmed the veiled posts upthread. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall for the current boat after Caro smacked him at Hammo. You can't really blame him for not wanting to go around again - it has been a good run across Asia and Australia and any number of boats from Adams 10 to the big cruiser he started off with. He had a top crew - where are they headed to?
Centrelink maybe.