25 years living/cruising a 27'er

Did a search for this boat name and found no mention of them here. Simply could not stomach the thought of lumping them in with the "Patreon crowd" thread - and I don't think they have one. Good on 'em! No bikini's, only 13K subs in 11 years of YT'ing

I'm the newest; good stuff. :)

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
I followed their blog for a while, but there haven't really been any updates in the last few years.  That often seems to happen when I start following somebody.  Maybe I'm poison...

Oops - new one this fall!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Boats and guns?  Got me hooked already.
I'm weird about boats and guns.  I own both but I want them nowhere near each other. Never, have I ever entertained the thought of bringing my gun onboard, nor can I imagine what use it would be.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
I'm weird about boats and guns.  I own both but I want them nowhere near each other. Never, have I ever entertained the thought of bringing my gun onboard, nor can I imagine what use it would be.
The vid I posted above, intended as a humorous reply to the mention of bikinis (not sure it went over well), is actually about guns and hunting.  Boats are incidental except for the fact that the video is on their sailing YouTube. )These folks appear to be in Alaska, where hunting is obviously very common hence the guns/hunting vid.)

As for bikinis...and guns...who better than The Cramps...

Alaris

Super Anarchist
Maryland
Every account I’ve read of world cruisers has noted that having a gun onboard makes life incredibly difficult for those onboard as soon as the authorities catch wind of it. 

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Same with me regarding dogs on boats

D

Ps what is it with yanks and guns?

pps we have just had our 8th copper shot this century here inthe uk

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Same with me regarding dogs on boats

D

Ps what is it with yanks and guns?

pps we have just had our 8th copper shot this century here inthe uk
Dylan, there's really no point in attempting to explain it to you. Our cultures are different, and that's that.

I've already explained that I was assaulted at gun point in the middle of the night, literally in my own bed. I won't be left defenseless again.

jamz

Every account I’ve read of world cruisers has noted that having a gun onboard makes life incredibly difficult for those onboard as soon as the authorities catch wind of it. 
I am sure they would bring loads of hassle and delay.  I've never had a gun aboard either, no real need, and risk of ruining the gun.  Oh, except for once when cruising with my dad, we'd plink at beer cans and nav bells and such.  He had a nice air pistol he would bring aboard.  Once my brother and I left it lying on a beach, got it full of sand, because we were kids, and therefore idiots.   My dad cocked it once, felt the sand grind into the valves, looked at us, and tossed it overboard.  We were horrified and learned a sharp lesson. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Guns and alcohol don’t mix, that’s why I load the cooler with beer and the leaded glass liquor cabinet with rum before I get myself stuck in a situation that I can’t control - like no wind or motor. I’d rather have the crew hydrated and peaceful in a stressful situation like that.